Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    So many people already see it as the McKay/Sheppard Show
    Yeah, some people complain as if it's just them for 42 minutes and that's it. Admitted, TPTB somehow do focus on the official hero of the show and on the character that surprisingly became the hero of many people's hearts. And yes, the other characters could use more character development and maybe more screentime sometimes. But it's quite balanced lately if you count how much screentime the different characters actually have. It's just that McKay and Sheppard have something called chemistry, charisma and presence. That means, when you see them, you cannot not notice them! Some people are that way, put 100 people you don't know into a room and then just watch these people talking to each other - some will simply and automatically stand out!
    This way it often seems as if M and S are in every minute of an ep. When they appear, they often simply take over the action - and thus the attention of the viewers, if they want to or not. Combine that with the effect that a majority of these viewers started to like these two characters then and made them so popular that TPTB reacted and are trying to find ways to bring them into the story a lot. They want to sell the show, and obviously the concept works. I can understand that fans of other characters are a bit frustrated because of that, but it's certainly not the case that Sheppard and McKay are everything this show is about.
    so why not just do it, one time out is all I ask.
    I'd love to see that too. A short scene or two would be enough, they don't need to discuss it in detail. It would just take a bit of courage... but it will never happen. I guess judging from where this show is promoted the most (US) it would cause too much trouble. Attention too, yes, and maybe viewers, but I guess they would get into too much trouble if they dared to show such a relationship. I highly doubt the producers would allow it. They already made a big fuss about the kiss in 'Duet'! It's Star Trek all over again (the kiss between Kirk and Uhurua - biiiig trouble). Fourty years since then but nothing has changed.

And, well, I also doubt that JF and DH would want to play that. They are actors and maybe they like the challenge to play such a role in a movie (Century Hotel), but I don't think they would want to play Rodney and John as an (at least to the viewer) openly gay couple.

That said I can only repeat that I'd like it if they dared to play it.

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
      A short scene or two would be enough, they don't need to discuss it in detail. It would just take a bit of courage... but it will never happen. I guess judging from where this show is promoted the most (US) it would cause too much trouble. Attention too, yes, and maybe viewers, but I guess they would get into too much trouble if they dared to show such a relationship. I highly doubt the producers would allow it. They already made a big fuss about the kiss in 'Duet'! It's Star Trek all over again (the kiss between Kirk and Uhurua - biiiig trouble). Fourty years since then but nothing has changed.
      I never said anything about wanting it to be McShep. I mean just a McKay & Sheppard episode without any other characters, a little like GUP but with both of them not just one. I don't need it to be a sexual thing.

And, well, I also doubt that JF and DH would want to play that. They are actors and maybe they like the challenge to play such a role in a movie (Century Hotel), but I don't think they would want to play Rodney and John as an (at least to the viewer) openly gay couple.
      They have both played "Gay" characters, so I think that would be a lame reason to not have McShep on the show. They are actors we know that, but anyway stopping before a Mod gets antsy.

Comment

I never said anything about wanting it to be McShep. I mean just a McKay & Sheppard episode without any other characters, a little like GUP but with both of them not just one. I don't need it to be a sexual thing.
        Ooops, sorry, I got that wrong then. I'm a bit tired, but I really need to read more carefully...
        But in fact I'd really like a short moment one day (maybe at the end of the show) where we could see that they love each other. Not a bed scene, nothing intimate. Just a harmless scene that makes clear that they're together.

Anyway, an ep consisting of 90% McKay and Shep scenes would be great, too.

Bye, A.

Comment

Anyway, an ep consisting of 90% McKay and Shep scenes would be great, too.
          That ep would be called "The John & Rodney Show"!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

They would go with Ronon... but they would be thinking about Carson.
            LOL I do kind of miss the McKay/Beckett scenes of old. Seems so long since we got any quality time between the two of them. Not that I'm complaining, the lack of scenes between them is probably the reason for the increase in the scenes between McKay/Sheppard. I guess you take the good with the bad.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              I guess you take the good with the bad.
              Pity it seems for Carson it is only going to be bad from here on in.
              Originally posted by Arlessiar
              Not a bed scene, nothing intimate. Just a harmless scene that makes clear that they're together
              Well it may happen, I would settle for a Jack/Daniel moment between them. So far there really has been no touching, yes slaps and helping each other when they are injured but no hugs or anything! Come on, one small hug...
              Spoiler The Return pt1

Spoiler:

...dam why couldn't John have man handle Rodney like Ronon man handled John in The Return.

Comment

Well the nominations for the McShep awards on LJ are up *beware some nominated works are not PG*

HERE

Hmm, seems I am a nominee in the Fanvid cat... *thanks Freyja (who is also nominated)*

To celebrate I put my slash sig back up!
                Last edited by Willow'sCat; 02 December 2006, 04:05 AM.

Comment

I haven't seen "Echoes" yet, but OMG these pics are awesome!!! I can't wait to watch S3, from what I've seen there's so much McShep going on!

And is
                  Spoiler:
                  Rodney weeping at the end of "Echoes"? He looks like that on the last pic Stef posted...

Ah, yes, and I second Willow - You should follow her link and read yourselves through the nominations. There are tons of good stories listed up as well as vids and fanart, it's really worth a look.

And Congrats to Willow who got nominated! (Maybe someone else nominated your vid as well - who knows?)

Comment

I think they use one of those wind machines when the actors are on the balcony, he was probably just trying to not let anything get in his eyes...

I am for once am very glad that I live in Australia (when it comes to SGA) we have our season Two Boxset out now, I got mine last week. But unfortunately the McShep moment
                    Spoiler:
                    (The siege pt3) when they are on the balcony watching the Wraith bombing Atlantis's shields is missing the opening shot of them standing next to each other and looking up, this is the same as happened with the UK version. I know it is a short shot of them but it made the scene, in my mind, McShep and now it is gone! Don't know if the R4 version will have it restored but apparently that isn't out until March 2007!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      Hey guys, just made some caps for "Echoes":
                      [spoilers]Hmmm, what is Rodney thinking about? "Remember the other night?"

Spoiler:

-Stef
                      Uh, um, in a *certain* way, that pic could be taken in an highly inappropriate light. And I approve.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by im_meli
                      More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

I started to go thru the fic recs in the McShep awards and the first one I read was excellent!!!

I encourage everyone to read "RODNEY'S BAD DAY" by BOOCHICKEN.

http://community.livejournal.com/mcshep_awards/968.html

The writer did an amazing job capturing the banter between all the characters especially McShep. The trouble that McKay gets into may seem a bit ridiculous but the author has a nice balance between being serious about and acknowledging the obvious cliches. Boochickens carrys it off beautifully. It is a great read.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

A pic of our fav boys from "Irresponsible".

I had the urge to call this pic "Ernie and Bert". I wonder why...

Bye, A.

Comment

I had the urge to call this pic "Ernie and Bert".
                            You know I love the Bert and Ernie refferences... I mean come on they were bantering *that is what the kids are calling it these days* long before our boys... oh and Bert's hair come on! But I have to say Bert is more like Rodney in personality and John is more like Ernie. *I am going to a special hell*

Comment

You know I love the Bert and Ernie refferences... I mean come on they were bantering *that is what the kids are calling it these days* long before our boys... oh and Bert's hair come on! But I have to say Bert is more like Rodney in personality and John is more like Ernie. *I am going to a special hell*
                              Can I just say 'LOL' and 'I agree'?

You know, there's a TV show here in Germany (late at night) where they sometimes showed short clips they made with Ernie and Bert dolls (that have just one eye each), and E. and B. are called "Bernie" and "Ert" and are very gay and naughty...

Spoiler:
                              No bad links, just a harmless wiki link (really absolutely PG): Bernie and Ert at wikipedia
                              It's a sort of humour some people couldn't watch. I could. .

Hmm, seems I'll join you in the special hell one day...

Bye, A.

Comment

You know, there's a TV show here in Germany (late at night) where they sometimes showed short clips they made with Ernie and Bert dolls (that have just one eye each), and E. and B. are called "Bernie" and "Ert" and are very gay and naughty...

No bad links, just a harmless wiki link (really absolutely PG): Bernie and Ert at wikipedia
                                It's a sort of humour some people couldn't watch. I could. .
                                OMG! LOL! That is priceless! Its like Seasme Street meets the Feebles!

Comment

Working...
                                X