Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
    I say you people know how to take a great show and ruin it with one of the gayest things i've ever seen. Congrats!
    Hey there is nothing gay about slash. And thanks.

Comment

and together mmmmm yum yum.... read quite a few NC-17 slashes based on them and could totally imagine it.

Comment

I say you people know how to take a great show and ruin it with one of the gayest things i've ever seen. Congrats!
        Thanks. We try to please.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Ruin? We? Did I miss that someone of us belongs to TPTB and actually has influence on the show?

No serious, this is a pro slash thread, you know?
          I've nothing else to say about that.

And now back to the important topic here:

Bye, A.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            Ruin?
            Improve would be more like it.

I was capping Lost Boys and I couldn't help but notice where Rodney was looking.

Just kiss him already!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
              Well done on finding this cap. This is priceless. The yearning in Rodney's eyes ...
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Aww, thank you for these beautiful words!
                I love people posting on threads whose theme they don't like.

Btw folks, I made a big McShep poster - It sticks at my wall now. I'll mae a photo of it and show you

Great pics!

Hey, I noticed that every 'important' possible pairing on the show got kisses - McBeck, Sheyla, Sparky. But not McShep. It's time for that, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Freyja
                  Btw folks, I made a big McShep poster - It sticks at my wall now. I'll mae a photo of it and show you
                  Really? How McShepp is it? Your parents approve obviously? Or they don't know.

Hey, I noticed that every 'important' possible pairing on the show got kisses - McBeck, Sheyla, Sparky. But not McShep. It's time for that, isn't it?
                  I am quite willing to go with the reason for this being that McShepp is so canon on the show that they don't need to flaunt it. Although I am awaiting a possible hug sometime soon like Jack/Daniel. Again so canon.

Comment

I'm amazed that this thread isn't as popular as the other ships.

I thought McShep was the MOST popular pairing with fanfiction, isn't there at least a couple thousand more stories with McShep then Sheppard/Weir?

So why the slouch here? Hmmm...
                    ----
                    There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                    serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladysarah
                      I'm amazed that this thread isn't as popular as the other ships.

I thought McShep was the MOST popular pairing with fanfiction, isn't there at least a couple thousand more stories with McShep then Sheppard/Weir?

So why the slouch here? Hmmm...
                      My take on that is that GateWorld is a PG site, now don't get me wrong not saying McShepp fans are more um, smutty/kinky then the straight up shipp fans but no you cannot talk about the pairing here if you want to talk about the sex, and I do get the feeling from other sites (LJ in particular) that most fans want to talk about the sex a lot... a real lot! *Just my take*

And as said earlier in this thread we CANNOT rec fics here other then PG ones *heck this post for mentioning sex may be against the rules* anyway *short of it* if most of the fics in the fandom are, or have, chapters that will eventually have NC-17 content, well seems like LJ is a better place to discuss them openly without fear or prejudice then here on GW. I also think shipp fans get off on the romance more then the sex, look I don't know maybe I am way off as I never venture into the het shipp threads here but I do see loads of PG fics in those categories and not so many PG fics in McShepp. I don't mind romance myself...

A more controversial explanation may be that het shipps have a lot of Mary Sue's within the fandom and they like talking about the female as she relates to them, I don't want to be like McKay or Sheppard * god no! * but I think some of the het fans do want to be like Weir or Teyla or Carter, just listen to how they espouse their vurtes as women and it isn't hard to see why they may want to talk and talk about shipps here. As I said it is a little controversial but Mary Sue is alive and well and living in Het shipps/fics.

Another reason may also be that they just are not members of GW. I have read comments from writers of the fics saying they never watched Stargate until they read some McShepp fics, or heard about the pairing, so for some obviously they only watch the show for the pairing where as here most people would be scifi fans and of course SG fans before fans of pairings.

Maybe most McShepp fans just don't know how to discuss the paring in a serious manner, OK not sure that is true but even in more serious communities on LJ the talk is a little fluffy and involves a lot of *giggling*. Maybe the predominately het female fans of the paring just don't need to discuss them the way the predominately het female fans of shipps do.

Having said all that, I really don't know but my main guess would still be the nature of the paring being homosexual and there not being so much room for Mary Sue in this verse.

Either that or people don't like this thread. Hey maybe people just don't like this thread!

Comment

Just spending a quiet evening readin some lovely non PG McKay/Sheppard fic by Speranza. Great stuff especially the THINGS TO DO IN DENVER fic. I just googled the author's name and found some more great stuff.

What I like about this author is that even tho there is non PG stuff, there is also plot, characterization and even a little romance.

Maybe when S3 starts this thread will become more active as they will be new stuff to discuss.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Really? How McShepp is it? Your parents approve obviously? Or they don't know.
                          Well, since there don't exist original kiss/sex/hug pics of McShep ( ) I only used pics with both John and Rodney on it, e.g. pics from the John-touches-Rodneys-arm-scene in "The Lost Boys", several caps from Aurora and some pics with only John or Rodney.
                          The only kiss picture I used was an artwork from http://fanart.halessa.net

I don't think my dad saw it yet, but my mom looked at it quite a long time and all she did was smiling and saying "Oh, very nice". I don't think my parents have problems with queer men on my wall - Maybe my dad will just kill me because I printed so much pics

I am quite willing to go with the reason for this being that McShepp is so canon on the show that they don't need to flaunt it. Although I am awaiting a possible hug sometime soon like Jack/Daniel. Again so canon.
                          Oh yeah, a hug would be great. I mean, Rodney and John have to be best friends after they made such adventures together ("Best friends" not in sense of 'Running around arm-in-arm and telling everybody you're friends', I think you know what I mean). I can't really imagine that they didn't hug each other yet.

ladysarah - Welcome to the thread!
                          I think Willow said all possible reasons for so few people in here. I agree with everything she said - And I agree with scarym: Probably we will get new people joining this thread when S3 has started.

Comment

I don't think my parents have problems with queer men on my wall
                            Haha! You get green for that! I sprayed the mouthful of coke I was swallowing over my monitor when I read that!
                            Oh yeah, a hug would be great. I mean, Rodney and John have to be best friends after they made such adventures together ("Best friends" not in sense of 'Running around arm-in-arm and telling everybody you're friends', I think you know what I mean). I can't really imagine that they didn't hug each other yet.
                            I don't know Rodney is not the hugging kind; as seen in Hot Zone when Ford tried to hug him he looked really awkward and uncomfortable and although John has been hugged by Weir, and he seemed OK in the end with the head touching thing that Teyla does, he still strikes me as not the kind of guy that would readily hug someone. He may, has and I think would, reciprocate a hug but then that would mean Rodney would have to initiate the hug...

Maybe in the spur of the moment they could hug, and then they get embarrassed afterwards; that could work for me.

Comment

other sites (LJ in particular) that most fans want to talk about the sex a lot... a real lot! *Just my take*
                              Well yeah, everyone loves the sex. But I'm sure the Teyla/Sheppard fans love the sex too. But I'm quite happy not to talk about the kinky stuff, I can stick to the fluffy bunny, aww they luuurve each other so much, hand holding, googly eyes stuff. Yep. *nod* Who needs sex?

And it's not just about the fanfiction, it's about those moments in the episode where we can squee and go 'OMG, did you see that, OMG, they are soooo doing it during commercials, and OMG Sheppard is hitting on another intergalactic...err witch, how dare he'.

That kind of thing.

but I think some of the het fans do want to be like Weir or Teyla or Carter, just listen to how they espouse their vurtes as women and it isn't hard to see why they may want to talk and talk about shipps here.

I like Teyla, I do, actually, I like Teyla sooo much I think Sheppard would be really bad for her. He'd get all weird and...bossy in the field and although I'm sure Teyla is strong enough to stand up to him, Sheppard is still, well, annoyingly 'woman must be protected' but I don't think he sees Teyla that way because...he doesn't see Teyla that way. And we never want him to see Teyla that way (hi TPTB, pay attention).

But Rodney is good for him, because Rodney will tell him off, and scream at him, and it's all good. Not necessarily a happy, happy relationship, but there is lots of happy tension.

And we can discuss the dynamics of the relationship in this thread without talking about the sex

But Carter, Weir, well, yeah, it's very hard for me to identify with them, for many, many reasons.

Another reason may also be that they just are not members of GW. I have read comments from writers of the fics saying they never watched Stargate until they read some McShepp fics, or heard about the pairing, so for some obviously they only watch the show for the pairing where as here most people would be scifi fans and of course SG fans before fans of pairings.
                              Yes, I watched the show, and I brought the DVD box set, and I brought the SGA soundtrack because McShep pulled me in. And next year I'll probably buy the next box set and pay good money for a picture for an autograph with my money and watch the show on television and nag my local station to put it on because of the Sheppard/McKay relationship, take that writers!!!

Haha, my disposable income is lining your pockets, keep up the good work. Just a little nod here and there to the female demographic won't hurt anyone. AND NO that doesn't mean we want some sappy relationship between Sheppard and Weir.

Maybe most McShepp fans just don't know how to discuss the paring in a serious manner, OK not sure that is true but even in more serious communities on LJ the talk is a little fluffy and involves a lot of *giggling*. Maybe the predominately het female fans of the paring just don't need to discuss them the way the predominately het female fans of shipps do.
                              I can do serious. OK, let's start,, couple of topics. 'Inferno' what the hell was that about? Rodney finally gets a blonde chick who's into him, and then Sheppard is hitting on her, what does this mean? And what's with Sheppard slapping Rodney in the field, bullying in the workplace, or a bit of friendly motivation?

And finally, Sheppard and McKay, are they really friends? Why doesn't McKay ever use Sheppard first name?

Discuss
                              ----

Comment

ladysarah - Welcome to the thread!
                                I think Willow said all possible reasons for so few people in here. I agree with everything she said - And I agree with scarym: Probably we will get new people joining this thread when S3 has started.
                                Yes, thank you. And I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Season 3 and doing lots of squeeing
                                ----

Comment

Working...
                                X