Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    WTF is up with all the PINING John stories??

I swear I will SCREAM if I have to skim through a story where Rodney is with Keller, but John wants Rodney, and Rodney is going to ask Keller to marry him and then at the last second "Well Golly Rodney *I* want to be with you, but I's so ascared that you mightn not want me, so I made a big a** of myself in front of everybody! but Me's love you.....*then he turns and runs away*

My God give John the testicles that he was born with and let him go for what he fricking WANTS!!!!! (not at the last second either)

I just read a story where John and Rodney were in WW2 together and Rodney was sexing John up, but when it came to making a life with John, Rodney is a freaking COWARD and goes for Keller instead, But GOSH he still loves John his whole life and John was still ALONE! OMFG give me a break!!!
    This is a really old post but I came across it while looking for McShep art.

I've read this story and I have to say it really ticked me off too. He dumps John, marries Keller, John is alone for the rest of his life, then Rodney comes back in their OLD AGE, aided by his granddaughter, and John takes him back. I wanted to clobber Rodney. It's a good story at least right up until Rodney leaves him anyway. After that I was a tad upset.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
      This is a really old post but I came across it while looking for McShep art.

I've read this story and I have to say it really ticked me off too. He dumps John, marries Keller, John is alone for the rest of his life, then Rodney comes back in their OLD AGE, aided by his granddaughter, and John takes him back. I wanted to clobber Rodney. It's a good story at least right up until Rodney leaves him anyway. After that I was a tad upset.
      If I don't like the story, I simply stop reading I actually like the idea of pining!John a lot, as long as it's not too OOC! Hate it when they make him into a puddle of goo, not capable of thinking about anything but Rodney lol... He *is* a bit naive/inept when it comes to feelings as we can see in the series... He's a tough soldier in the field, good leader and a very smart bloke but he's emotionally retarded - I can so picture him pining and Rodney being totally oblivious of course they're a perfect match haha

Give me the title of this fic you're talking about - so I know what to avoid I guess I'm a bit too emotional when it comes to my fics... I'd cry my eyes out and get depressed or sth I need to be in the mood for angst... and I'm not a Keller hater (like most McSheppers - from what I've noticed LOL) - but I forbid her to stand in McShep's way!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by makowiec View Post
        If I don't like the story, I simply stop reading I actually like the idea of pining!John a lot, as long as it's not too OOC!

Give me the title of this fic you're talking about - so I know what to avoid I guess I'm a bit too emotional when it comes to my fics... I'd cry my eyes out and get depressed or sth I need to be in the mood for angst... and I'm not a Keller hater (like most McSheppers - from what I've noticed LOL) - but I forbid her to stand in McShep's way!!
        I like pining!John too. Too many stories have just pining!Rodney, it's nice to see a change.

I don't remember the name of the fic offhand, I might have it bookmarked. If I find it I'll let you know.

I am one of the anti-Keller but I disliked her character before I even liked McShep. I have nothing against Jewel Staite, I just hate the way they wrote her character,and then there is the infamous "McKeller" debacle.
        sigpic

Comment

I like pining!John too. Too many stories have just pining!Rodney, it's nice to see a change.

I don't remember the name of the fic offhand, I might have it bookmarked. If I find it I'll let you know.

I am one of the anti-Keller but I disliked her character before I even liked McShep. I have nothing against Jewel Staite, I just hate the way they wrote her character,and then there is the infamous "McKeller" debacle.
          hmmm... tbh most of the fics I've read throughout the years were actually pining!John ones I'd say it's the other way around although it's been months since I properly checked LJ for new ones *shame on me*

I liked Keller from the beginning but may be a bit biased cause I absolutely love Jewel and don't really care who's she playing as long as I can stare at her pretty face and drool but have to admit that Jennifer had so much more chemistry with Ronon than she ever had with Rodney! It was so sudden and out of the blue, as if they changed their minds last minute or something... Maybe McShep fandom was getting out of hand and they decided to hook at least one of them up with a girl by the end of the series lol

I usually don't remember titles, it sucks!!! Tell me what is it about though, and I'll usually get it I'm such a sucker for misunderstandings and misinterpreting, pining!John who finally looses it and confesses/acts and confused Rodney who usually ends up thinking it's a one night stand or a mistake or sth... drama drama drama and finally a well deserved happy end yay! I also like to think that both of them are totally straight, just fell in love with each other and in the end gender shouldn't matter hate it when they make them into flaming homos or sth... and absolutely hate it when they call each other 'babe' gah! switch it off instantly

2 of my absolute, always-&-forever favs among first-time one-shots:

Desperate Measures

Between Friends
          sigpic

Comment

I'm such a sucker for misunderstandings and misinterpreting, pining!John who finally looses it and confesses/acts and confused Rodney who usually ends up thinking it's a one night stand or a mistake or sth... drama drama drama and finally a well deserved happy end yay! I also like to think that both of them are totally straight, just fell in love with each other and in the end gender shouldn't matter hate it when they make them into flaming homos or sth... and absolutely hate it when they call each other 'babe' gah!
            That basically exactly summarises my favourite fics too. I love a well written pining!John. Like you said, his social skills are terrible so I can see him secretly pining. Plus, he's military (when don't ask don't tell still existed), so secretly wanting without saying anything makes sense.

The titles of those fics aren't familiar to me, so I'll definitely check them out - but I suck at remembering titles too, so it's possible that I have read them. :-)
            "What Would Sheppard Do?"
            LJ | Twitter

Comment

I just came across it again.

Something to Remember You by
              sigpic

Comment

Cheeky long time no talk......anyway you are a McShep fan thats a surprise then again never judge a book by its cover and it makes you more awesome
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey again, lady.

Yes, I like McShep. I like the ones where they are happy together best, domestic fic and kidfic. I really love AU's too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey again, lady.

Yes, I like McShep. I like the ones where they are happy together best, domestic fic and kidfic. I really love AU's too.
                    Well I think its safe to assume....I like the smutty fics. all of wolfshark's fics are basically bookmarked on the Cromster 2.0 I do love the Alternate Universe fics, especially the western era and steampunk ones.
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Western era is good. John as a cowboy....*drools*

Do you have any good steampunk Recs? I think I've only come across two.

I like Wolfsharks stuff.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not at the moment but if I do I will.

And yes Johnny as a cowboy is hott especially when in he's in Shootouts with Kolya who i some town terrorizer
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

*grins* Can ya imagine Sheppy in chaps and Rodney enjoying the view? McShep rocks. More McShep please!! Woohoo!! }:O

P.S. I agree with TLM about the smutty fics. Smut is good. I also like the domestic fics too.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can picture Shep in chaps and the way Rodney would be looking at him quite easily lol
                            I think I vaguely remember a fic I read where Shep is teaching Rodney to ride a horse at a ranch or something
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                              I can picture Shep in chaps and the way Rodney would be looking at him quite easily lol
                              I think I vaguely remember a fic I read where Shep is teaching Rodney to ride a horse at a ranch or something
                              I think I know the one you're talking about. Zelenka and Beckett took Rodney to a Dude Ranch vacation for his birthday and Sheppard was one of the cowboys that works there. I remember he wanted to teach Rodney to ride and Rodney wasn't having it. I'll check my bookmarks.
                              sigpic

Comment

YES that's the one CheekyBeckett lol!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X