Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smushybird
    Btw, niiiiiiiice pics. They're always cute as two peas together.
    Yes, I also think they are actually a really cute couple, they look good together. I like other ships two, but Rodney and John have this "special something", they just fit together.
    Ohh, is the Sheppard and McKay "shipper" thread (this thread) supposed to be a friendship thread? I though it was solely a 'ship (as in slash, tho' on my page I don't separate relationships by 'ship and slash. It's all 'ship to me. I think people need to become accustomed to taking same sex relationships as for granted as they take opposite sex relationships. ) I know there is that Sheppard and McKay friendship thread. So this one is surely a "relationship" thread?
    Originally posted by strivaria
    I think this thread was originally about the slashy relationship of the two characters. Or to the point, asking if anyone actually shipped for them... then segue'd into an explanation of why we shipped for them... then... it kind of drifted
    There is really also a friendship thread for this pairing? This would be the third thread for McShep! Wow.
    Well, I just wasn't sure about this thread, I just knew that there is a discussion thread and that this one is for shipping. In the Rodney and Carson ship thread friendship AND relationship are ontopic AFAIR, so I thought it's the same here. If it's just "slashy ship" then that's alright with me too!

Does anyone have the link for the friendship thread?

Bye, A.
    Last edited by Arlessiar; 17 October 2005, 01:18 PM.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Linz
      Who said anything about Sheppard hate?
      Sorry hate was a bit harsh a term.

I have no idea how other people discuss their "shipps" but I cannot discuss this shipp without discussing the characters flaws. Sometimes that discussion will seem a little off-topic but somehow I don't think the Mods are going to come down heavy on people going off-topic once in a while.

How can you talk about these characters anyway and not talk about the negative aspects, they have them in spades! Actually it is one reason I love this 'shipp' it is at times tense and serious as well as just plain funny and sexy!

Oh and this thread is definitely the SHIPP thread as apposed to the Friendship thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
        Does anyone have the link for the friendship thread?
        Let's see. There's this thread, the Sheppard/McKay shippers thread.
        Then there's the McKay Sheppard Friendship thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=15208

And the Sheppard McKay discussion thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11662

That's all I've seen so far that features our fab duo. Except for the Weir/Sheppard/McKay thread...but that's a little too weird for me.

Comment

Let's see. There's this thread, the Sheppard/McKay shippers thread.
          Then there's the McKay Sheppard Friendship thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=15208

And the Sheppard McKay discussion thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11662

That's all I've seen so far that features our fab duo. Except for the Weir/Sheppard/McKay thread...but that's a little too weird for me.
          Haha, now I'm confused I wonder if you can change the title of a thread someone else started? This one should really be the McKay/Sheppard Shipp/Slash thread. Going off to ask the Mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Haha, now I'm confused I wonder if you can change the title of a thread someone else started? This one should really be the McKay/Sheppard Shipp/Slash thread. Going off to ask the Mods.
            Well not sure about the etiquette of quoting ones self, but as you can see the title of the Thread has been changed (thanks "M") and this is now definitely the "Shipper" (slash) thread.

Comment

Thanks for the link!
              Well not sure about the etiquette of quoting ones self, but as you can see the title of the Thread has been changed (thanks "M") and this is now definitely the "Shipper" (slash) thread
              Great, thanks Rose! Now it's much easier to see which thread is for what.

So, let's ship!

I think Rodney and John are the perfect couple because...

...they just look really cute together.
              ...snarky and geeky versus calm and military - the contrast, the contrast!
              ...their relationship is interesting because it is built upon trust which doesn't need to be earned. The trust was given from the beginning - the difficulty is to maintain it.

Bye, A.

Comment

Some of the points Wordsmith made about Shep are valid. In any (theoretical) Sheppard/McKay relationship, they'd have to deal with those flaws.. just as they'd have to deal with Rodney's flaws. So, no, I'd have to say that such posts aren't off topic... especially when people were asking for clarification of a vague statement made earlier. But, that's just me.
                Yes yes yes! Sheesh, I was wondering if somehow my posts had entered an alternate dimension. Nice to know they didn't.

For your discerning eyes, Drwho'srose and strivaria, green is on the way.
                Last edited by Wordsmit2; 18 October 2005, 03:19 AM.
                Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                  Yes yes yes! Sheesh, I was wondering if somehow my posts had entered an alternate dimension. Nice to know they didn't.
                  Nope still in this dimension. Scary ain't it?

Great, thanks Rose! Now it's much easier to see which thread is for what.
                  Well they can't argue they thought it was only about friendship now, not that I mind the friendship as I have said before they really need to be friends IMO to become something more.

Comment

Hmm, because I am lazy would someone like to tell me what the rules on posting links to fanfic that are R,NC-17 rated? I noticed (could just be me) that on LJ they don't seem to do the *warning* part before forwarding you to the fic. Just don't want to get into trouble.

Anyone? Please.

Comment

I think anything over PG cannot be linked... that's from the PG Rating part of the FAQ.

Why is the forum "Rated PG?" What does that mean?
                      GateWorld Forum is family-friendly, meaning we have a low tolerance for profanity and off-color conversation. Keep in mind when you post that several of our regulars are under 18 years old, and the forum has an active profanity filter set by the moderators.

Please also do not post questionable or adult-related images or off-site links, be it in public posts, private messages, your personal profile, signature, or anywhere else on the forum.
                      If you're wanting to rec a fanfic... maybe link to the whole LJ with a note as to what story you're rec'ing? Though that might be questionable in itself.

Comment

I think anything over PG cannot be linked... that's from the PG Rating part of the FAQ. If you're wanting to rec a fanfic... maybe link to the whole LJ with a note as to what story you're rec'ing? Though that might be questionable in itself.
                        Well that is what I was thinking, I remember I gave a reference to a site and that seemed O.K because I didn't link but all the sites have R, NC-17 fics (except GW) and not all the sites have filters.

Mmm, have to ask a Mod, I suppose.

Thanks strivaria.

Comment

I think Rodney and John are the perfect couple because...

...they just look really cute together.
                          ...snarky and geeky versus calm and military - the contrast, the contrast!
                          ...their relationship is interesting because it is built upon trust which doesn't need to be earned. The trust was given from the beginning - the difficulty is to maintain it.
                          Do you think perfect? At first I was thinking convenient, then I moved onto necessary, like people who work in stressful jobs might get together, because no-one else understands what they deal with on a day to day bases and no-one else could stand to hear about it. I mean do we really believe Kate Brown could handle Rodney's near death whining on a week in week out bases? And perhaps despite himself John can be a pretty intense person, who other then a snarky scientist is going put up with that! Heehee, I can hear the John fans gunning for me now.

Oh and Hot not cute.

Comment

I swear it was the only pic of them together I could find!

Don't judge me!

Comment

Do you think perfect? At first I was thinking convenient, then I moved onto necessary, like people who work in stressful jobs might get together, because no-one else understands what they deal with on a day to day bases and no-one else could stand to hear about it.
                              I only meant perfect as a little exaggerated term here to say: "They are my favorite pairing because..."

I don't think they would have a perfect relationship. They are too different for that. I think their relationship would work and would be interesting, but it wouldn't be an easygoing relationship, it would need a lot of work on both sides to endure, because they are both strong and intense characters and both stubborn sometimes.
                              There are very many things that would keep their relationship interesting, and the fact that they both have to deal with many stressful situations and know what the other one has to bear could help a lot.
                              I mean do we really believe Kate Brown could handle Rodney's near death whining on a week in week out bases?
                              Nope.
                              Don't get me wrong, Katie might be a nice woman, but she surely isn't the woman Rodney needs. She's seems to be too...soft for him. He would be bored after a month, and she would be annoyed.

Bye, A.

Comment

Katie is very meek. She might be okay for a short fling or something, but I don't see it working, really. Mostly because she's so very timid. Rodney needs someone to keep him in line. Like Sheppard.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Working...
                                X