Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smushybird
    You know, we wouldn't have to go to all this work if DH and JF would just do us the wee favor of playing a little joke while filming and give us a Big Smooch.
    Can you imagine how popular that would be on the outtakes section of the DVD?
    I wouldn't have to photoshop anything again for sooooo long....
    Or they could redo Duet and swap Shep into the scene that made for a lot of happy Beckett/McKay fangirls.... You wouldn't even have to wait on the DVD's then.

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
      Or they could redo Duet and swap Shep into the scene that made for a lot of happy Beckett/McKay fangirls.... You wouldn't even have to wait on the DVD's then.
      Yes, yes very very happy McKay/Beckett fans.

Why can't RM & JS share a hug at the very least! Come on guys it's all the rage these days Metrosexuals!! Still I can't imagine photo shopping these two is a chore.

Comment

I really liked this one a lot! If you come up with something for the Rodney on bed pic on the other thread now I'd really be a happy camper!
        And as you said on the RM thunk thread - this very special Century Hotel pic is also worth a trip to photoshop-land!
        Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        Why can't RM & JS share a hug at the very least!
        Oh yes, I'd love to see that! And it's much more likely to happen than a kiss, so... *grins*

Porthos - cool wallpapers! The banter is just great and so typical and essential for McShep!

Bye, A.
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Why can't RM & JS share a hug at the very least!
          That's true. I mean, we got one from Jack and Danny along with the 'Spacemonkey' moment on SG-1... And while I can't see Rodney being the initator, I can definately see John doing it just to annoy McKay.

Comment

Just what I was thinking when I saw Duet! Though a kiss between Sheppard and McKay, even if it was set up for laughs like the McKay Beckett kiss, would come across more erotic than comic...at least to my overwrought sense of romance. I'm with Dr. Who's Rose in that I would happily, happily settle for a hug. We've gotten some nice fan fic hugs and I think it's possible that a hug could happen between Sheppard and McKay but it may take a lot of angsty, bonding moments to build up to one (and we've been getting them...slowly but surely). First off, the writers are going to have to let Rodney call Sheppard "John". It'd be nice if they were finally on a first name basis, since practically everyone else in Atlantis is now.
            I'm hoping for a "John" this season. I think I'll be awfully disappointed if we don't get one.

That's true. I mean, we got one from Jack and Danny along with the 'Spacemonkey' moment on SG-1... And while I can't see Rodney being the initator, I can definately see John doing it just to annoy McKay.
            That SG-1 hug was the highlight of SG-1 for me. Then it all went downhill from there. What'd we get, one more hug after that in all those seasons? And that only when Daniel was so distraught, Jack would've looked like a jerk for not holding him.
            I hope Atlantis doesn't go that way. So far, Atlantis has been very good about remembering these are people who interact and have emotions.

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            I really liked this one a lot! If you come up with something for the Rodney on bed pic on the other thread now I'd really be a happy camper!
            Thank you very much, Arlessiar. I'm going to give it a shot, but I hope there are others with more 'shopping experience who'll give it a try, cuz I'd love to see a really quality one. I find them very difficult to pull off.

Hey, Porthos, I hope you are doing better now. You need a hug from DH. I hear he gives good hugs. (Don't ask me where I read that...I don't remember.)

Comment

Thank you very much, Arlessiar. I'm going to give it a shot, but I hope there are others with more 'shopping experience who'll give it a try, cuz I'd love to see a really quality one. I find them very difficult to pull off.
              Hmm, where's McKay's girl? We do have a photoshopping for fun thread on GW somewhere maybe a request would get you something. Still a request might get you more than you bargained for around here!

Comment

We do have a photoshopping for fun thread on GW somewhere maybe a request would get you something.
                Oh man, I think I'm simply too stupid for the search on GW - where can I find the photoshop thread???

Is there a reason why nearly 80% of all slash fanfic is McShep but this thread is way behind the Rockett or Shex? Where are all the shippers? I like McBeck/Rockett a lot, but I always thought that McShep is the OTP when it comes to slash.

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

If you haven't already you should check out vids by mamoru22 - there are some wonderful M/S vids there. I love "Only One" and "Losing you" is fab too.
                  Last edited by Purpleyin; 14 October 2005, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    Oh man, I think I'm simply too stupid for the search on GW - where can I find the photoshop thread???
                    Haha, don't ask me how to use the stupid GW search it took 10 mins just to find Beckett/Weir! And even then I found it as empty as one of Rodney's coffee cups.

Hmm, try this.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13327

Is there a reason why nearly 80% of all slash fanfic is McShep but this thread is way behind the Rockett or Shex? Where are all the shippers? I like McBeck/Rockett a lot, but I always thought that McShep is the OTP when it comes to slash.

Bye, A.
                    Well as I said before in here, the Rockett/Shex threads are based on humour *apparently* while the McKay/Sheppard one is a serious *apparently* 'shipp' thread (I prefer the word shipp) personally I prefer the more serious relationship thing but I am not very good at expressing it.

I just know people are not going to post here because it is more serious. I don't want to use the H word but I think some people are just a little freaked by the idea of a M/M relationship in SciFi they will lurk of course they lurk, look at them lurking. They just don't post in here well not many like maybe a handful at anyone time.

I still think McKay/Beckett is a better pairing but there is something intriguing about Rodney and John, especially since we know so little about John but because Rodney was also in SG-1 we do know a little more about him his history the way he has developed but John is a darker character in some ways and that is always interesting.

Dr Beckett on the other hand, is a bit like an open book even with the writers ignoring his character. I do like some of the Beckett/Sheppard fics I have read but I don't see it so much on the show. Oh and that is another reason this 'shipp' is maybe ignored here, this will not happen on the show, I am still surprised the whole "Duet" thing happened.

I also think they may feel it is limited within GW you cannot say certain things and quite frankly in a M/M relationship some things need to be said! I am not saying you can't have romance of course you can, but well a lot of the fic related to this 'shipp' is R and NC-17 rated even when it may only have a small amount of smut, so even links are a no-no. Well direct links.

Some of my favourite McKay/Sheppard fics are pure romance and of course humour, and once again I am not into the "lets hurt Rodney then get John to make it all better" stuff. Although I read one a few days ago I don't think it had smut but wow it made me cry and John was the one hurting aw, poor John.

I did like some of the Harlequin (?) LJ fics the one where John is a Pirate was very funny, smut, but funny with it. Again I can't really link can I because of the NC-17 thing? I don't read it for the smut! Really I don't it just happens that a lot of the writers like smut.

Wow this is a long post hope it made some sense.

Comment

I am *not* an authority here so I could be wrong, but judging by posts on other threads it's probably okay to give the title and author, or in this case the *name* of the website. The would-be reader then can track down the site and go through the "yes, I am at least the legal age" etc confirmations.
                      Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                        I am *not* an authority here so I could be wrong, but judging by posts on other threads it's probably okay to give the title and author, or in this case the *name* of the website. The would-be reader then can track down the site and go through the "yes, I am at least the legal age" etc confirmations.
                        Haha, yes I am aware I could do that. But then you never know with some peeps. Most of them are archived to the Wraithbait site eventually which is often the first site name that comes up when you do a search in Google etc so they are not exactly hard to find.

Comment

Well as I said before in here, the Rockett/Shex threads are based on humour *apparently* while the McKay/Sheppard one is a serious *apparently* 'shipp' thread (I prefer the word shipp) personally I prefer the more serious relationship thing but I am not very good at expressing it.

[snip]

I don't read it for the smut! Really I don't it just happens that a lot of the writers like smut.
                          This taps into a hypothesis of mine.

Have you noticed there have been virtually no plotted (as opposed to PWP and general smut) M/S fics in months? To my reckoning they slowed to a trickle at about the time there was an explosion of posts by people having big problems with Sheppard's bad judgement and derelictions of duty in season one.

As you say, the M/S fics tend to the sincere rather than the playful. My hypothesis is the fanfic writers can no longer quite believe that McKay would be so blind to Sheppard's sins, and therefore he would *not* want to be all that close to him. (Heck, in this light McKay's skeptical look in "Runner" when Ford said "Good for him!" re Sheppard's promotion is rather intriguing.)

Now, normally a new season would have eased these doubts. But instead we've been treated to more examples of the same, albeit less egregious. So those fanfic writers who haven't given up on the show are still feeling quite disconcerted. They don't want to go to the trouble of "fixing" Sheppard for a plotted story only to have him revert to type in the next episode.
                          Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Have you noticed there have been virtually no plotted (as opposed to PWP and general smut) M/S fics in months? To my reckoning they slowed to a trickle at about the time there was an explosion of posts by people having big problems with Sheppard's bad judgement and derelictions of duty in season one.
                            Well I have to admit that I only started reading them about three months ago so I have been reading the older ones as well as newer listings. I don't know if canon is as important to the McKay/Sheppard writers as it maybe to other "shipp" writers.

I am not even sure I know what you mean by John's bad judgement, he was never meant to be Mister squeaky clean or IMO an above board character was he? He has *apparently* a bit of a shady past in the Military. I wouldn't personally put much past him especially since "Hot Zone" I never liked his eagerness to use that dam gun of his.

I am more interested in McKay as a character than in John. Or for that matter anyone else that is written into a McKay shipp, I see them mostly as 'just' the company Rodney is keeping.

Hmm, I don't take any of it this seriously, and yet here I am.

Now, normally a new season would have eased these doubts. But instead we've been treated to more examples of the same, albeit less egregious. So those fanfic writers who haven't given up on the show are still feeling quite disconcerted. They don't want to go to the trouble of "fixing" Sheppard for a plotted story only to have him revert to type in the next episode.
                            Well I have watched them back to back and they meld quite well for me, maybe the writers of the fanfic wanted too much, expect too much.

I would have thought not having a hope in hell of McKay/Sheppard ever happening in the show would give the writers more freedom then the other pairings to portray the characters anyway they see fit. I am also a fan of the banter between the two of them and I did see that come back in the last few episodes and in my fevered mind John showing he does care about Rodney.

But you know I don't take this stuff seriously!

Comment

As you say, the M/S fics tend to the sincere rather than the playful. My hypothesis is the fanfic writers can no longer quite believe that McKay would be so blind to Sheppard's sins, and therefore he would *not* want to be all that close to him. (Heck, in this light McKay's skeptical look in "Runner" when Ford said "Good for him!" re Sheppard's promotion is rather intriguing.)

I guess it depends where you read your M/S, bcse there is plenty more than last season where I get my fanfic. And Im a bit confused by Sheppard's sins, what sins exactly and its obvious that McKay still cares for him and vice versa, whether its shippy or not, especially in episodes like Trinity, Aurora and Lost Boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
                                I guess it depends where you read your M/S, bcse there is plenty more than last season where I get my fanfic. And Im a bit confused by Sheppard's sins, what sins exactly and its obvious that McKay still cares for him and vice versa, whether its shippy or not, especially in episodes like Trinity, Aurora and Lost Boys.
                                Especially Aurora and Lost Boys. That moment in the field in LB was all I needed to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X