Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    what was the ONE thing that made us think that John and Rodney are together?

I keep thinking about "SO LONG RODNEY"
    any others?
    Well, there are scenes where I think "They are falling in love, but they don't know it yet." -- like the "testing the personal shield" scene from Hide&Seek, and the banter at the beginning of Underground. Oh, and Rodney's reaction when they are trying to restart John's heart at the end of 38 Minutes.

Then in S2, I keep noticing scenes where Rodney thinks John is dying/dead and he looks absolutely devastated. Makes me think he's head over heels with John, but hasn't told him yet. From John, there's the look he gives Rodney in Aurora, when he's arguing that he should enter the virtual environment instead of Rodney. It's such a fond and tender look!

Then in S3, I think they totally act married. They are so comfortable together when they are sitting / lying on Rodney's lab floor in Sateda, and the whole way John interacts with Jeanie in M&MM -- someone made an icon of John shaking hands with Jeanie with the caption "Hi, I'm the boyfriend" (or something like that), and that's exactly the vibe I got too.
    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Willow'sCat - loved the pic! The Brotherhood remains one of my favorite A plots (the B plot makes me cry) just because the boys are so playful, like puppies. Semi-dangerous puppies with fangs, but hey, Kolya had it coming. Also with the subtext, yeah. Love the moment the ZPM comes out of the wall and John just, um. Rocks back and forth? I don't know how to say this in a PG way.

(And yes, I think we're talking about the same fic. Some of the author's summaries of her other stories make me think she does know what she's doing, she just doesn't know how to turn that into crackfic, or doesn't want to.)

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid
      I always think of Trinity when people ask this question. "If you really try" - omg, I'm sure my mom's said that to my dad before, right before she slammed the door.

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
      Well, there are scenes where I think "They are falling in love, but they don't know it yet."
      Oh yeah, I agree with you that season 1 feels like one long year of falling in love. Aside from the jealousy of Chaya, I loved how Rodney kept fretting in The Defiant One, needing to go outside and check on John. They're so good for each other, even if they do get into a lot of trouble together.

Obviously, John is also upset when he thinks Rodney might be dead. Witness a little incident in Allies
      Spoiler:
      of setting his 302 on the side of a hive ship like an utter lunatic, and of course there was Tao, where he didn't want to talk about the possibility.

I also think John is defensively hetero in some places, protesting way more than necessary. "Like a friend." Who says that to a dying guy? Or his random quip to Elizabeth in Inferno about not remembering the guy, only the woman. Silly stuff. But then he makes an effort, like with Jeannie, and I forgive him his macho bull.

Comment

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
        I also think John is defensively hetero in some places, protesting way more than necessary. "Like a friend." Who says that to a dying guy? Or his random quip to Elizabeth in Inferno about not remembering the guy, only the woman. Silly stuff. But then he makes an effort, like with Jeannie, and I forgive him his macho bull.
        OLP you are so right, this is one of the MAIN reasons why I think he is so gay! He is defending his het status way too much. A lot of good fanfics have been written around John's fear about being found out (which is legitimate - I don't think that the other marines nor high command itself would accept a team leader who is gay) - just think of the amazing "Going Public" fanfic.

Another thing that sometimes annoys me but mostly amuses me, that John always points out that he is friends with everyone ....even a bit with Rodney. Right. Not that he is mostly hanging out with Rodney, is always going straight to Rodney when he has a problem or discovered something.....but he is only almost friendly with Rodney. Who are you exactly kidding John? The fact that he desperately tries to hide/deny his friendship to Rodney (I finally saw "The Pegasus Project" and he was downright mean to rodney...who didn't seem to mind much though - at least he didn't give his usual wounded puppy look...I guess he is aware that John has to play that role in public) makes it for me very obvious that those two are together and just try to hide it

Okay signing off for the night. g`night
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post

I keep thinking about "SO LONG RODNEY"
          any others?
          I never saw slash with Jack/Daniel so I didn't expect anything like that on SGA and... well... McKay! I mean really McKay? Who would have thought it, although looking back I see McKay/Quinn as clear as day.

Anyway I guess (with hindsight) it was Hide & Seek, John was treating Rodney like sh** most of that episode but by the end I felt the ground shifted in their relationship, looking back that is definitely a defining moment. Also as Night Spring said 38 Minutes, and just all the heart wrenching ways Rodney looks when John is in mortal danger, those looks literally speak louder then words. Also the pure relief in Siege 3 when John's voice comes over the com... I don't think Rodney would behave like that for any other person.

For John's part, well he is kind of closed off emotionally (imo) but in The Defiant One I couldn't help but see and feel how much John respects Rodney and would go to any length to save him, even though that may be true of the other members of his Team I just think it is more apparent where Rodney is concerned and I think it stems from something much deeper in their relationship. And the little teasing at the end of the episode about letting Rodney pilot the Jumper but not.

And for me the big break up/make up episode was Trinity it had to happen, massive falling out, it happens in all relationships and even though the 'trust' issues were still apparent in Aurora I think the making up had already started. Although I do feel slightly robbed, I would have liked a real moment where John verbalised to Rodney that he forgave him, that he trusted him fully again. I guess this is another actions speak louder then words moment.

Then we have revelations LOL!
          Like in The Game & Sunday
          Spoiler:
          They have been spending hour a pone hour alone *cough* playing with each other *cough* Come on hands up who thinks that time was not all spent playing "the game"?

And Sunday, when John says he was married (and also the "or a man" thing) am I the only one who was not the least bit surprised he would have been married and he would have been crap at it? And that the same episode showed a Rodney willing to think about the possibility of marrying someone. It all seemed a little too coincidental that they both had marriage on their minds.

Originally posted by the old briar pipe
          I think we all know the powers that be are fully aware of slash in their show/s fandom *just watch the 200 ep of SG-1* and although I understand where they are coming from with not wanting to go into that kind of thing on screen, I mean I don't think they will ever seriously address homosexually on the show but you're right sometimes John does come off too hetero, so much so I can't help believing he is hiding his homosexual tendencies. *shrugs* We all see what we want of course and that is half the fun, but yeah what is it with John and his need to go that extra mile with the macho crap! If anyone was going to be uncomfortable with their feelings you would maybe think it would be Ronon but now days he seems the most "in touch" with how he feels towards both Rodney and John. *crazy world*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            Don't you love strategically placed candles.
            http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...x/de3974a4.jpg
            Now that's funny as hell. What a perfect shot.

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid
            has ANYONE ever heard Rodney call Sheppard "JOHN"
            cause I can't think of one time in fan.fics he'll say it but on the show???
            I've been begging TPTB for that since season 1. I even asked JM (or was it MG) about it. I think they're just tormenting us deliberately at this point. Now, if Rodney does call him John, it's going to have to be a fairly significant and pivotal moment for it to make sense after four years. Which is what I wanted anyway--but I just wish they'd get to it! Right now, I'm thinking "Travellers" since
            Spoiler:
            it apparently has major Sheppard squishing in it and I think that would be a moment when Rodney would call him John, when he's scared for Sheppard's well-being--assuming he's around when Sheppard is squished.

I thought John and Rodney were a pair since Hide and Seek, but Trinity confirmed it for me. Rodney saved the apology that mattered the most to him for last. It was a side of Rodney we hadn't seen with anyone else, except with John.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
              I've been begging TPTB for that since season 1. I even asked JM (or was it MG) about it.
              I think it was MG you asked back when he had his thread here, I remember reading it and thinking at the time that it was odd for Rodney not to call him John.

I think they're just tormenting us deliberately at this point.
              Well there is a part of fandom that thinks if you asked too much about something you are guaranteed to have tptb ignore it deliberately. But have "we" asked too much?

Now if Rodney does call him John, it's going to have to be a fairly significant and pivotal moment for it to make sense after four years. Which is what I wanted anyway--but I just wish they'd get to it! Right now, I'm thinking "Travellers" since
              Spoiler:
              it apparently has major Sheppard squishing in it and I think that would be a moment when Rodney would call him John, when he's scared for Sheppard's well-being--assuming he's around when Sheppard is squished.
              I haven't heard anything about "Travellers" but I really thought from the spoilers for Tao that we may have gotten it then, or something just as good. *again* I was left high and dry on that front.

I thought John and Rodney were a pair since Hide and Seek, but Trinity confirmed it for me. Rodney saved the apology that mattered the most to him for last. It was a side of Rodney we hadn't seen with anyone else, except with John.
              That was such a cute moment, sad, bittersweet but so cute. Almost made up for Rodney getting yelled at and John not getting any heat at all from what happened Almost.

Comment

and John not getting any heat at all from what happened
                Yes, John. You were supposed to be watching Rodney! Still, I blame Weir the most -- she should have stopped Rodney when he refused to listen to Zelenka's concerns, but no, she let Rodney proceed with the experiment. And then she had the temerity to yell at Rodney when it blew up!

Ahem. Anyway, about Rodney never calling John "John," I heard that someone asked DH about it at Pegasus Con, and at first, DH was like, "He surely has to have done it by now," then he thought about it, and realized that the questioner was right, he hadn't done it! So now that DH is aware of this phenomenon, maybe he'll do something with it?
                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I found this awesome McShep vid. You have to check it out.

"Saving Me" by Nickleback
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUpDR7IpDs
                  sigpic
                  Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                    Yes, John. You were supposed to be watching Rodney! Still, I blame Weir the most -- she should have stopped Rodney when he refused to listen to Zelenka's concerns, but no, she let Rodney proceed with the experiment. And then she had the temerity to yell at Rodney when it blew up!
                    I watch them both very closely.

And although I agree with you on Weir, it was ultimately John's trust in Rodney *bless him* that made him go along with the experiment. And you can of course blame Rodney but you also have to blame John and his military mindset. In the end I think as much as John trusted Rodney it was John's own desire to have a military weapon that could be used to defeat The Wraith, the enemy he help awake in the first place that enabled Rodney (yeah co-depend relationship) to convince John to give it another try.

Ahem. Anyway, about Rodney never calling John "John," I heard that someone asked DH about it at Pegasus Con, and at first, DH was like, "He surely has to have done it by now," then he thought about it, and realized that the questioner was right, he hadn't done it! So now that DH is aware of this phenomenon, maybe he'll do something with it?
                    Maybe he will do a Torri (re:Chuck) and just drop it into a scene, hoping no one will notice. I heard that Joe would joke on set with David trying to make David fluff his lines by saying he (John) loved McKay (I wish I knew where to get the audio of that! LOL!)

Comment

Slightly OT:
                      I heard that Joe would joke on set with David trying to make David fluff his lines by saying he (John) loved McKay (I wish I knew where to get the audio of that! LOL!)
                      I can't find your mail address as I'm still not working with my own PC, and I can't remember it, can you give it to me again? Because I can help with your 'problem'... Not via pm please, my pm box is full...

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                        Slightly OT: I can't find your mail address as I'm still not working with my own PC, and I can't remember it, can you give it to me again? Because I can help with your 'problem'... Not via pm please, my pm box is full...

Bye, A.
                        Ooh really?
                        Spoiler:
                        Isn't my email address on my profile on LJ? Or did I hide it.... anyway I will email you at the address I have for you.

Why is your PM box full?

Comment

Ooh really?
                          Spoiler:
                          Isn't my email address on my profile on LJ? Or did I hide it.... anyway I will email you at the address I have for you.
                          Why is your PM box full?
                          OT answer:
                          Spoiler:
                          Oh, I have to admit I forgot to check LJ for your mail address. Anyway, thanks for the mail you sent now, I'll answer soon.

And my pm box is full because I'm too lazy to go through every post to decide what to keep and what not. Yes, I know you can save the messages, but there are still things I just cannot delete, I just can't, but at the same time I'm too lazy to read through all the pms again. *crazy me* Will have to do that soon, though.

To keep it ontopic, Ernie and Bert, ehhh, dork boy and geek boy :

Bye, A.
                          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/NotHappy.jpg
                            LOL! I love shots where the boys are sporting very contrasting expressions from each other. For some reason, they just serve to highlight their closeness.
                            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/NotHappy.jpg
                              Love it.

Reminds me of this:

*sorry*

Comment

Best. Thing. Ever.

First person to write the crackfic gets my undying love.

Comment

Working...
                                X