Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotANumber View Post
    The above-mentioned Favorite McKay/Weir Moments might be able to give you some ideas.
    Thanks for the response, I have been checking out that game for the last few days. Will have to see which episodes pop up.

Thanks for my sig Methos

Comment

Originally posted by Penegal View Post
      Thanks for the response, I have been checking out that game for the last few days. Will have to see which episodes pop up.
      welcome we'll definitely have to add more to that thread (thanks for the reminder killdeer! ) You can also look what's been done for the shippy episode picture game

I'll put out a plug for one I really like in season 1: Sanctuary. I don't know if you like it when your ship fights but I love the amusing banter in that one.

PurpleYin, those look good I agree with aaobuttons, I like how the red stands out. Here are some other colors I thought about experimenting with, what do you think?

just ignore the font, I don't really have a selection on this computer, lol! I was just thinking about Pink instead of red incase red was too much... but I didn't want true or bright pink since that looks like you're supporting Breast Cancer research (hehe, not that that's a bad thing, but it might suggest you've donated money when you actually haven't :/ ) lol, whatever, just throwing out some ideas.

Comment

Neb and PY, thanks for the memory joggers, that helps alot. I have to admit, except for the Elizabeth episodes, I haven't watched most of season 4 more than the once airing on Scifi. It's just not as fun without the McWeir moments

Does anyone else think that Weir's It At is a bit hard to say? Weir It's At seems easier to me. And I like the Green background too Neb.

Hi, I am a newbie to this thread and M/W (have only seen a few episodes from each season). Can someone please recommend some good m/w episodes? I have just d/l Tao of Rodney.

Thanks
        Oh gosh, the thing about McWeir is "It's Just There". In about every episode you get cute little moments but I think besides Tao of Rodney, the big stand out would be the mid-season 1 two parter The Storm (1x10) and The Eye (1x11). It's pretty much a McWeir episode with a killer hurricane and the Genii as filler. The one right before those Home (1x09) is also a really cute McWeir episode, and another good one is the pilot episode Rising Part 1 (1x01) and Rising part 2 (1x02). For more current episodes, check out First Strike (3x20) Adrift (4x01) Lifeline (4x02) and This Mortal Coil (4x10) - Those 4 really need to be seen IN THAT ORDER to get the full angsty effect.

Are you interested in Vids or Fic? We could recommend some really good ones if you'd like!
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

welcome penegal! as for ep recs, i agree with aaobuttons, there's lots of little mcweir moments dotted throughout the series. but my fave mcweir ep is First Strike.

neb, i like the first one; green back ground with white text
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
            PurpleYin, those look good I agree with aaobuttons, I like how the red stands out. Here are some other colors I thought about experimenting with, what do you think?

just ignore the font, I don't really have a selection on this computer, lol! I was just thinking about Pink instead of red incase red was too much... but I didn't want true or bright pink since that looks like you're supporting Breast Cancer research (hehe, not that that's a bad thing, but it might suggest you've donated money when you actually haven't :/ ) lol, whatever, just throwing out some ideas.
            I like the third one, without the text, as a smaller badge it'd look cool. I'm sorry I didn't see these earlier, I just emailed off the order. I did end up redoing the design to be Weir It's At though.

Comment

Episode recs - Don't forget 1x03, "Hide and Seek" has some cute M/W moments - it's one of my favourites of Season 1.

Comment

ah can't believe i forgot Hide and Seek. that's a good one all round. i think Before I Sleep has some nice shippy undertones. i can't remember what number it is, tho
                "what?"
                *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                  ah can't believe i forgot Hide and Seek. that's a good one all round. i think Before I Sleep has some nice shippy undertones. i can't remember what number it is, tho
                  The gateworld guide says it's 1x15

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
                    The gateworld guide says it's 1x15
                    and i trust the gateworld guide. i knew it was after the mid-season, but before The Brotherhood
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*

Comment

Thanks for all of the welcomes and episode rec's!

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                      welcome we'll definitely have to add more to that thread (thanks for the reminder killdeer! ) You can also look what's been done for the shippy episode picture game

I'll put out a plug for one I really like in season 1: Sanctuary. I don't know if you like it when your ship fights but I love the amusing banter in that one.
                      I havent seen this one yet and a fight sounds interesting! I will d/l this one next.

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                      Neb and PY, thanks for the memory joggers, that helps alot. I have to admit, except for the Elizabeth episodes, I haven't watched most of season 4 more than the once airing on Scifi. It's just not as fun without the McWeir moments

Oh gosh, the thing about McWeir is "It's Just There". In about every episode you get cute little moments but I think besides Tao of Rodney, the big stand out would be the mid-season 1 two parter The Storm (1x10) and The Eye (1x11). It's pretty much a McWeir episode with a killer hurricane and the Genii as filler. The one right before those Home (1x09) is also a really cute McWeir episode, and another good one is the pilot episode Rising Part 1 (1x01) and Rising part 2 (1x02). For more current episodes, check out First Strike (3x20) Adrift (4x01) Lifeline (4x02) and This Mortal Coil (4x10) - Those 4 really need to be seen IN THAT ORDER to get the full angsty effect.

Are you interested in Vids or Fic? We could recommend some really good ones if you'd like!
                      More episodes! Thanks! Also, I love fanfic, I have been hanging around fanfiction.net looking for m/w fics. Any recommendations are appreciated! I normally dont get into videos as much but since I have a lot of m/w to catch up on, would love to hear your suggestions. There are so many m/w moments, are the writers teasing us? or do you think they considered (at one time) having them end up together?

welcome penegal! as for ep recs, i agree with aaobuttons, there's lots of little mcweir moments dotted throughout the series. but my fave mcweir ep is First Strike.
                      Thanks Rosey_angel! This is going to take some time!

Thanks for my sig Methos

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
                        I like the third one, without the text, as a smaller badge it'd look cool. I'm sorry I didn't see these earlier, I just emailed off the order. I did end up redoing the design to be Weir It's At though.

sorry,l I should have gotten those to you earlier

Mid season 3 is also a goody for mcweir, if you ask me

Progeny:

Return part 1:

Comment

More episodes! Thanks! Also, I love fanfic, I have been hanging around fanfiction.net looking for m/w fics. Any recommendations are appreciated! I normally dont get into videos as much but since I have a lot of m/w to catch up on, would love to hear your suggestions. There are so many m/w moments, are the writers teasing us? or do you think they considered (at one time) having them end up together?

Thanks Rosey_angel! This is going to take some time!
                          no problems, good luck

the mcweir archive, http://mcweir.com/archive/index.php, holds a lot of the mcweir fanfic for all genres.

as for whether or not they would have ever ended up together? hmm that's a toughy. i think, given enough time, something may have come from it. their constant togetherness and closeness could have progressed further.
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*

Comment

no problems, good luck

the mcweir archive, http://mcweir.com/archive/index.php, holds a lot of the mcweir fanfic for all genres.

as for whether or not they would have ever ended up together? hmm that's a toughy. i think, given enough time, something may have come from it. their constant togetherness and closeness could have progressed further.
                            Thanks for the link! I have been checking out that archive and its about time I registered.

Thanks for my sig Methos

Comment

We're in 1st place for the Straight Atlantis Ships H&H http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50374 I can't believe it! But Shep/Teyla is right behind us so we've got to keep voting! Let's get McWeir to be First to hit 50!
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                                We're in 1st place for the Straight Atlantis Ships H&H http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50374 I can't believe it! But Shep/Teyla is right behind us so we've got to keep voting! Let's get McWeir to be First to hit 50!
                                i'm on it! *runs off to vote*
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*

Comment

Working...
                                X