Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Lifeline...
    Spoiler:
    Okay, I only got to watch it once, but my first impressions ... Wow, I am so sad. Weir's battle with Oberoth really showed her dedication and love for the team and Atlantis. She knew she couldn't win forever, but she was sure going to fight to save everybody else.

Poor Rodney, you could see the conflict he was having in his mind the whole episode. When she ran out out of the jumper, he just couldn't accept the fact that she might have turned bad. And when he found out they were leaving her, it's like you could visably see a switch turn off on his face, he had to block her out so that he could save them like she wanted.

I definetly want to watch this one again, my little rascal girl was bouncing around the living room as I was trying to watch.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
      Thoughts on Lifeline...
      Spoiler:
      Poor Rodney, you could see the conflict he was having in his mind the whole episode. When she ran out out of the jumper, he just couldn't accept the fact that she might have turned bad. And when he found out they were leaving her, it's like you could visably see a switch turn off on his face, he had to block her out so that he could save them like she wanted.
      Spoiler:
      My thoughts exactly, especially in terms of the switch off when they were trying to escape. Until Sam turned up, then Elizabeth seemed forgotten.

Comment

oh this was a tuff ep

Spoiler:
        i felt so bad for rodney this whole ep. so much pressure on him, not only to perform to sheps standards, but then he had to be the one left with weir to ultimeately pull the kill switch. i get it, it had to be shep and ronon inside the asuran city, but for rodney to be the one to kill her? man i felt like crying for him. it would have been less sad if it was shep and ronon left behind, coz they;re soldiers, and it's their job to deal with death. rodney has seen lots of death, but it's only beet 3 years. to leave someone like that with that kind of responsibility? ouch.

i couldn't imagine how he'd be if it worked
        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
        "what?"
        *throat punch*
        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

lalalala.... I still haven't seen Lifeline so I'm avoiding any conversations in spoilers... which happen to be all that's here right now :/

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
            lalalala.... I still haven't seen Lifeline so I'm avoiding any conversations in spoilers... which happen to be all that's here right now :/
            lol someone in the sgdu thread said exactly the same thing

"what?"
            *throat punch*

Comment

Watched Lifeline again...
              Spoiler:
              I noticed several more little McWeir moments - looks passed between them, Rodney's attention straying, etc, but what I wanted to comment on were two things. 1. That cry of "Elizabeth" Rodney made when she ran out of the jumper. Wow, what an angsty cry if I've ever heard one. 2. When Shep told Rodney to use the kill switch, he couldn't at first, he just wimpered "yeah but..." his unspoken thought was "it's Elizabeth" I'm sure, and it was just so sad to have to watch him wrestle with the fact that it was _her_ and he couldn't kill her, but that she wanted him to do it if she started acting like that. And after he finally tried it, when it didn't work... instead of using his genius to fix the problem, he just gave up and said it couldn't be done. It's _so_ not like Rodney to give up trying, but he did and I think he was just using it as an excuse, the more he thought about that he'd almost killed Elizabeth, the more he seemed to go into panic mode and was just like- I can't, it won't work, I can't, I just can't, it's not working, I don't know why, etc.

And on a general note, I finally teared up at the second viewing. Between Rodney's anguished look, Teyla's trying to keep from crying as she was packing her stuff, and Sheppard's explaination of "we had alot of help" to Sam, it finally hit me that she was gone. I know we'll see her again in at least 1 episode, but the fact that she's no longer part of Atlantis is really sad. And I can't even be mad about it to ease the sting like I could with Carson. He died of an exploding tumor... how stupid is that, I can at least focus my pain into anger that they robbed him. But Elizabeth died a heroes death (even if she isn't dead), she saved the team and Atlantis, and she stood up to the Asurans and beat them at their own game. It's how any leader or hero would want to go out and it was noble. That's why it's so sad. I can't be pissed that she got the shaft or that it was lazy writing, it was a great end and all I can think of (as I tear up again thinking about it) is that she will be missed.

Comment

BTW, for those that don't know, the Stargate Music Video Awards are taking nominations right now http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1awards/index.htm . They have pretty funky rules though, if a vid was previously nominated it can't be nommed again, so we need to find some new McWeir vids to nominate so it gets its own cat and doesn't get smushed into Other.

Comment

BTW, for those that don't know, the Stargate Music Video Awards are taking nominations right now http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1awards/index.htm . They have pretty funky rules though, if a vid was previously nominated it can't be nommed again, so we need to find some new McWeir vids to nominate so it gets its own cat and doesn't get smushed into Other.
                  I can think of a few that haven't been nommed before

*excited*

Comment

Watched Lifeline again...
                    Spoiler:
                    I noticed several more little McWeir moments - looks passed between them, Rodney's attention straying, etc, but what I wanted to comment on were two things. 1. That cry of "Elizabeth" Rodney made when she ran out of the jumper. Wow, what an angsty cry if I've ever heard one. 2. When Shep told Rodney to use the kill switch, he couldn't at first, he just wimpered "yeah but..." his unspoken thought was "it's Elizabeth" I'm sure, and it was just so sad to have to watch him wrestle with the fact that it was _her_ and he couldn't kill her, but that she wanted him to do it if she started acting like that. And after he finally tried it, when it didn't work... instead of using his genius to fix the problem, he just gave up and said it couldn't be done. It's _so_ not like Rodney to give up trying, but he did and I think he was just using it as an excuse, the more he thought about that he'd almost killed Elizabeth, the more he seemed to go into panic mode and was just like- I can't, it won't work, I can't, I just can't, it's not working, I don't know why, etc.

Spoiler:
                    that's very true, rodney is usually the person who doesn't give up. i would really like to see if they reference lizbeth at all next episode, coz rodney must be feeling a gauntlet of emotions. they can't be sure she's safe and alive, and he's the one who activated the nanites (tho it was kellers idea), i'd be thinking he would feel somehow responsible for whatever happens to her. and he's the one who pushed the kill switch, with the purpose of ending her life. but it didn't work, and so i'm also thinking he feels like he's saved her. lots of angst that will prolly never be seen
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*

Comment

I made a new video based on Elizabeth's fate. I know its kinda early for the so called "tribute video" but I couldn't help it. Only two clips from Lifeline, but I think they're pretty spoilery, so if you don't want to be spoiled, then don't watch this.

Its McWeir-ish in a friendship way, since the whole video is supposed to be from Rodney's PoV.
                      More summery behind the spoiler tags. Probably nothing that people don't know, but I'll do it anyway.
                      Spoiler:
                      Basically the premise is Rodney makes a video letter for Elizabeth saying hello from him and everyone on Atlantis. Basically he's telling her how much everyone misses her and are sorry about what happened to her (so lots of focus on replicator episodes)... Sadly he can never send it to her.

Everyone Says "Hi": Its on filefront, so no need to right click.

Comment

ohh nice! i'll check it out as soon as i get some speakers.

i was listening to the new linkin park cd, and found a song that, to me anyway, sounds like a song lizbeth might leave

http://www.metrolyrics.com/leave-out...nkin-park.html

just a thought
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by Reichiru View Post
                          I made a new video based on Elizabeth's fate. I know its kinda early for the so called "tribute video" but I couldn't help it. Only two clips from Lifeline, but I think they're pretty spoilery, so if you don't want to be spoiled, then don't watch this.

Its McWeir-ish in a friendship way, since the whole video is supposed to be from Rodney's PoV.
                          More summery behind the spoiler tags. Probably nothing that people don't know, but I'll do it anyway.
                          Spoiler:
                          Basically the premise is Rodney makes a video letter for Elizabeth saying hello from him and everyone on Atlantis. Basically he's telling her how much everyone misses her and are sorry about what happened to her (so lots of focus on replicator episodes)... Sadly he can never send it to her.

Everyone Says "Hi": Its on filefront, so no need to right click.
                          The spoilerish clips... were they the same ones that aired in the previews after "adrift" or is there something more? Becuase if it's the same as in the previews, then I might go ahead and watch even tho I still have yet to see Lifeline (tho I think I might with my friend tomorrow).

Comment

The spoilerish clips... were they the same ones that aired in the previews after "adrift" or is there something more? Becuase if it's the same as in the previews, then I might go ahead and watch even tho I still have yet to see Lifeline (tho I think I might with my friend tomorrow).
                            I would not watch it if you haven't seen the episode. They are the "twist" and the "end" so to speak. Wait a day

Very nice vid btw, I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                              ohh nice! i'll check it out as soon as i get some speakers.

i was listening to the new linkin park cd, and found a song that, to me anyway, sounds like a song lizbeth might leave

http://www.metrolyrics.com/leave-out...nkin-park.html

just a thought
                              Oooh that song looks like it could well work pretty good. With a bit of mixing up clips. It'd kind of work for an AU on the current situation too.

Oh Reichiru - love your latest vid.

Comment

One of them, kinda, and the other one wasn't in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X