No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huzzah! It’s time for Toaster’s first ever…

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!

A comprehensive list of all the new and updated M/W fanfic that has been posted this week. Browse, read, and enjoy!

(Please note: I’m not really comfortable posting direct links to mature stories on the GW forum. Readers looking for those should search wraithbait and the SG Lonelyship livejournal.)

--------

“The Answer” by Fanwoman. "Not sleeping for days on end isn't good for you. McKay's bad habits catch up to him and have unexpected results.” Fluff!

Part 2 added to “The Journal” by MurdocsAngel. “In order to get some ammunition for a prank war, Sheppard sneaks into McKay’s quarters…and finds something interesting.”

Up to part 8 on “Here Without You” by LittleKnux2008. “The Wraith begin their attack on Atlantis. An evacuation takes place, leaving few behind. Can they save Atlantis, or is the city doomed to be forgotten once more?”

Part 1 of “Leaving Home” by LittleKnux2008. “Four years after coming to Atlantis, a wormhole is established and the expedition is ordered home.”

“Workday Wonders” by RhiannonNymph. “McKay wants to change, and get closer to the woman he wants, but new toys wont give him the time...” Potential Shep/McKay competition for Elizabeth!

“I’ve never” by Shippie. “The Atlantis crew gets a hold of some intoxicating beverage and decide to have fun with it.” More fluff!

Part 1 of “What if They Hadn’t Come?” by Maethorwen of Atlantis. “(AU) It’s only a few weeks before the Wraith will arrive. What happens when four young people from 18 years in the future show up? Who are they and what effect will they have?”

“Loving Rodney” by Sokorra Lewis. “Why did it have to be him she fell in love with?” Elizabeth drabble.

"Just Another Day" by Maethorwen of Atlantis. "Sheppard and McKay find a repository of the Ancients just like the one found by SG-1 in The Fifth Race. Will they be able to use the knowledge? Will they find a ZPM as well? Will any of it help against the Wraith?"

“The Other Side of the Storm” by Gaffer42, part 1 and part 2. An AU story where the Genii took over Atlantis in The Eye. Dark, dark stuff, but highly recommended.

"Integer" by purpleyin. A McKay drabble, BYOS (bring your own ship)

"I’ll be yours" by purpleyin. Another dark AU for The Eye.

--------

I’ve yet to meet a fanfic author that doesn’t crave fan feedback, so please take the time to write a review after reading these stories. Loved it? Had a recommendation? Want to see a sequel? Tell them so; you may get your wish!

(Know a story that was left out? Please send me a PM with the link and I’ll be glad to correct the list)
    Last edited by ToasterOnFire; 25 March 2005, 12:09 PM. Reason: Another story snuck in

Comment

I'm back!

Ah, nice to have broadband again (at first I actually liked no internetbut that so didn't last) and nice to come home to find lots of fic waiting - the 220 emails weren't so nice but I'm ignoring them until tomorow....

Originally posted by not so ancient
      Just finding my way around Gateworld still. It's a big place with all kinds of strange things to discover. Kind of like Atlantis.

I have to get some W RK done today and then I've got to deal with these pesky plot bunnies biting my ankles and nibbling my toes. On the Yahoogroup you posted a dreamfic challenge? Well, I'm challenged!
      Yes I did. I've got my own response 80% written too.
      Worked on about 8 fics when I was away, not quite the same writing by hand and I don't like because hard to correct things but you'll maybe all be pleased to know out of those 4 were McKay/Weir ones... though one of those is so odd because I'm not sure if its fanfic or original fiction and can't decide if it needs posting or saving (plus for those interested the McKay/Mckay is 50% done).

Anyway, off to read more fic. Tomorow I'll get those polls sorted and onto betareading I've got left to do before I type up my own stories and get them done. Had a few ideas on the archive skins too, on how to implement a cool design Patti came up with a while ago.

I had a few forgotten plot bunnies sneak back up on me, so there's a Weir/McKay interview one in there...needs some work on it but hopefully you'll all enjoy - the first in my tags series "Love Takes Time." - of course there's also one already out for The Storm - weird my order went Episode 10 back to pre-SGA fic for that, just now need to fill in for the rest of the episodes....

Oh and Peanut...love the fanfic Friday post! Can't see any you missed, but there are a number more around for next Friday...looking forward to that already - you even had 2 I hadn't read (though that may be they came out after I left...). Hope everyone had a great time over Easter.

Comment

I'm just out the door for the evening, but welcome back!

I have some stuff to add regarding shippy stuff in the Siege pt 2 as well as a complete overanalysis of McKay/Weir ship from something JM posted. Tomorrow!

Originally posted by purpleyin
        Worked on about 8 fics when I was away, not quite the same writing by hand and I don't like because hard to correct things but you'll maybe all be pleased to know out of those 4 were McKay/Weir ones... though one of those is so odd because I'm not sure if its fanfic or original fiction and can't decide if it needs posting or saving (plus for those interested the McKay/Mckay is 50% done).
        Hee, you're batting 50% for McKay/Weir. Is one of those the infamous McWe'al? And yay, halfway through McKay/McKay!

Had a few ideas on the archive skins too, on how to implement a cool design Patti came up with a while ago.
        Oh good, I've been rather lax about the archive recently. I'm looking forward to seeing those!

Comment

lol, i was jumping up and down the episode "the Eye". and i've thought that they'd be awesome together from the first ep. although he has to tone down on the arogance, but who knows, maybe she can help him out.
          Save us from danger, save us from evil
          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Since I lurk on the Yahoo group, I'll post here. Uh, hi.

Comment

Originally posted by jack and sam 4eva 2getha
              lol, i was jumping up and down the episode "the Eye". and i've thought that they'd be awesome together from the first ep. although he has to tone down on the arogance, but who knows, maybe she can help him out.
              Well notice how he isn't so arrogant around Elizabeth?
              She can put him in his place when he goes over the top on it e.g. Childhood's End scene...
              Despite her not being a scientist he actualy respects her and cares for her opinion - which is interesting since (end of SG1 season 8 spoilers)
              Spoiler:
              moebius part 1 shows he had no respect for Daniel as a non-physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                Since I lurk on the Yahoo group, I'll post here. Uh, hi.
                Hello! Welcome to the thread, forgive us, sometimes we deviate from McKay/Weir... (Mcwe'al for example?) but we have had good discussion lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  Hello! Welcome to the thread, forgive us, sometimes we deviate from McKay/Weir... (Mcwe'al for example?) but we have had good discussion lately.
                  Don't forget about McCarter. Can't forget about them.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    I'm just out the door for the evening, but welcome back!

I have some stuff to add regarding shippy stuff in the Siege pt 2 as well as a complete overanalysis of McKay/Weir ship from something JM posted. Tomorrow!

Hee, you're batting 50% for McKay/Weir. Is one of those the infamous McWe'al? And yay, halfway through McKay/McKay!

Oh good, I've been rather lax about the archive recently. I'm looking forward to seeing those!
                    Oooh, intrigued now and on the 50%, my McWeir bunnies out weigh others by alot - have 80% for them, but lately other ships are fun to write and distract me...

Archive stuff not going to be sorted for a while. Got betareading and polls tomorow and archive stuff wednesay or thursday I guess. It's fun but going slowly sadly. Hard when there are so few doing things but also hard to coordinate if we had more...

Comment

Hi jack_and_sam_4eva_2getha and in_circles! Wow, a couple new posters here and a couple members proclaiming their affinity for McKay/Weir in random threads this weekend. Our numbers are growing...

*checks under rocks for more lurkers*

Okay, so there wasn't much shippy goodness in Siege, pt. 2 but I did notice two things:

Spoiler:
                      First, Rodney gave Elizabeth a couple of glances of concern/worry when Everett relieved her of command at the beginning of the show. Too bad he was behind her so she didn't see them.
                      Second, notice what Rodney did when he found out the chair had only a handful of drones left? He went to the control room, pushed right past Everett, and reported his findings to Elizabeth instead. Kind of like a "screw you buddy, I know who's really in command here" move. Perhaps he felt the need to bolster her confidence? Aww...

Comment

Hi jack_and_sam_4eva_2getha and in_circles! Wow, a couple new posters here and a couple members proclaiming their affinity for McKay/Weir in random threads this weekend. Our numbers are growing...

*checks under rocks for more lurkers*

Okay, so there wasn't much shippy goodness in Siege, pt. 2 but I did notice two things:

Spoiler:
                        First, Rodney gave Elizabeth a couple of glances of concern/worry when Everett relieved her of command at the beginning of the show. Too bad he was behind her so she didn't see them.
                        Second, notice what Rodney did when he found out the chair had only a handful of drones left? He went to the control room, pushed right past Everett, and reported his findings to Elizabeth instead. Kind of like a "screw you buddy, I know who's really in command here" move. Perhaps he felt the need to bolster her confidence? Aww...
                        Yes, saw a few mckay/weir comments on other threads....*rubs hand evilly* our numbers grow..bwahahaha!

On the seige part 2
                        Spoiler:
                        I know that the Shep/Weir people probably really happy at that look (and good for them ) but I'm not taking that as Shep/Weir yet. It's been pointed out the music is purposely made dramatic for that and obviously its a lengthy angsty look but for now I'm not buying any Shep/Weir other than the angst of him going off, of his duty and their friendship/shared leadership.

If it is Shep/Weir being put out there then I have to say I find it forced. They never really put music on for Mckay/Weir bits even in The sStorm/The Eye but I saw it there anyway - for me Mckay/Weir comes out even without such purposeful lengthy looks, music score etc and I hope if Shep/Weir is going to be there that it is toned down and that was just a small dramatic moment I can ignore happily and get on enjoying rest of the show; as long as it's not in my face. Ship shouldn't take over, not for any ship this early...

That said I still won't be pegging that as Shep/weir and am hopeful for the McKay/Weir friendships scenes next season - maybe that concern over Rodney's exhaustion (he's should collapse when it's all voer, he just looks like he should have already!)

It was also interesting when there was that odd Weir/Everett moment (that I saw anyway) in her office and Rodney came along and 'rescued' her from that.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleyin
                          Spoiler:
                          I know that the Shep/Weir people probably really happy at that look (and good for them ) but I'm not taking that as Shep/Weir yet. It's been pointed out the music is purposely made dramatic for that and obviously its a lengthy angsty look but for now I'm not buying any Shep/Weir other than the angst of him going off, of his duty and their friendship/shared leadership.
                          Spoiler:
                          Yep, I'm thinking it's angst and concern over a comrade and friend, but not more than that. Don't get me wrong; if I was a S/W fan then I would be thrilled at that scene and I can understand how that scene has become the mantra for many shippers. I'm just not seeing more though, and that's fine. Keep in mind, McKay/Weir shippers have a little angst and concern scene of their own at the end of Hide and Seek. I thought that was nice and shippy.

Spoiler:
                          If it is Shep/Weir being put out there then I have to say I find it forced. They never really put music on for Mckay/Weir bits even in The sStorm/The Eye but I saw it there anyway - for me Mckay/Weir comes out even without such purposeful lengthy looks, music score etc
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes, the long-dramatic-pause with dramatic music did seem a tad much. I wonder why that stuff wasn't used for the McKay/Weir scenes, yet so many people still managed to see potential ship there. Do you think it's because DH and TH somehow project a more natural chemistry?

Spoiler:
                          That said I still won't be pegging that as Shep/weir and am hopeful for the McKay/Weir friendships scenes next season - maybe that concern over Rodney's exhaustion (he's should collapse when it's all voer, he just looks like he should have already!)
                          Spoiler:
                          Indeed, her concern over his health, his concern over her trying to stay in charge, what with Caldwell coming and all. Lots of potential there!

Spoiler:
                          It was also interesting when there was that odd Weir/Everett moment (that I saw anyway) in her office and Rodney came along and 'rescued' her from that.
                          Oh, must have missed that one. Time to dig through the transcript!

Comment

Capton contest 2 voting is now on....voting ends on Monday 4th April this time.

Here it is.
                            http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/poll/cc2.html

Comment

Hee, a bunch of good ones this time! Thanks to all for contributing!

My personal fave: McKay = "So I have Simon's neck, right. And I'm squeezing it..."
                              HA!

However, some of the captions appear to be cut off at the end, probably because of their length (first two on banner 20 for example). For that matter, some of the captions may be too long to really fit on the banners...

Comment

Hee, a bunch of good ones this time! Thanks to all for contributing!

My personal fave: McKay = "So I have Simon's neck, right. And I'm squeezing it..."
                                HA!

However, some of the captions appear to be cut off at the end, probably because of their length (first two on banner 20 for example). For that matter, some of the captions may be too long to really fit on the banners...
                                Oops, I found 4 that had cut off. One was only by about 3 characters. Anyway notes on full captions are at top now.

I agree some are too lengthy. Need a limit perhaps. Maybe from now on if it doesn't fit in the poll field then it's too long? Will have to ask Tristan what the limit is on them in the script and find out before next contest. Wasn't a problem last time, but must point out next time for people to try and imagine if they will fit on the picture too.

And yeah, that a favourite of mine too, forget who submitted it (though I have them all listed down somewhere.). Already some captions are clear favourites.

Comment

Working...
                                X