Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebulan

I finished my first SGA music video... I had it posted a week ago, but I wasn't satisfied. Aaobuttons helped me out with it It's a Rodney vid with an emphasis on McWeir, so I thought you guys might like it It's focused on Allies and to the song "When I'm gone" by 3 doors down.
    More description here "When Rodney's Gone"
    This is great! Loved it! Nice job! Especially the contrasting bits between black&white and color.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
      This is great! Loved it! Nice job! Especially the contrasting bits between black&white and color.

Thanks! The black&white parts are supposed to be like flash backs but I'm not sure how obvious that is... this was my first SGA vid, lol
      Last edited by nebulan; 03 May 2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
        Thanks! The black&white parts are supposed to be like flash backs but I'm not sure how obvious that is... this was my first SGA vid, lol

yes, that was definitely my first thought about the b&w, that they were flashbacks and the color bits was the present/Allies. Very effective.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Due to my computer going rampant, the FFF is hereby rescheduled for tomorrow. Or whenever I get the damn malware off the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Due to my computer going rampant, the FFF is hereby rescheduled for tomorrow. Or whenever I get the damn malware off the comp.
            Sorry to hear that, but looking forward to FFF, or FFS in this case, you're very nice to even take the time to do it at all.
            McKay: I'm invulnerable!
            Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
            McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
            My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Pretty sure someone else on another thread already capped it and shared it with everyone but for those of you who missed it, another SciFi Sneak Peak aired monday and I happen to cap it myself so enjoy!

File is 2 megs and 20 seconds long.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFM8KVKZ

http://download.yousendit.com/9C5624D027249509
              For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                Sorry to hear that, but looking forward to FFF, or FFS in this case, you're very nice to even take the time to do it at all.
                Shouldn't that be "Shippy Stories Saturday", then?
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

The malware has been purged, the forum is finally back up and running, so now I can finally present the next…

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Sunday!!
                  AKA Shippy Story Sunday

Up to part 7 of “This is Paradise You Just Don't Realize It Yet” by Strawberry Cupcake. “John and Teyla are stuck in a ship alone for two years trying to get home. Need I say more? Sheyla with some side pairings: McWeir, RononOC.”

Up to part 66 of “Saving Grace” by McRaider. “They're more than just best friends, they're brothers...what if John and Rodney were brothers by adoption.”

Up to part 3 of “Adventures in Babysitting” by Chance2. “The Atlanteans get a chance to improve their babysitting skills.”

“Missed” by terrawolf. “John goes off on a mission. He gets hurt badly and slips into a coma. 15 or so years later, John wakes up from his coma. From there it is all new.”

And don’t forget to check the recently added fic over on Central.

Comment

Toaster, just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you taking the time to post the McKay/Weir Fanfiction updates. And happy for you that the malware is gone!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

My dissertation is all done & handed in, with me raring to get back to fic, vidding n graphics but guess what happened this morning? Fell down the stairs & sliced open the knuckle of my mouse hand (I was carrying a mug and that hand was holding the handle that detached itself during the fall and some bit cut me somehow).

I'm left handed but for some reason I use my right hand for my mouse, and that's the one I cut my index finger of so really it's lucky I'll be fine to write in exams in a few weeks but doing everything else one handed in the meantime is bizarrely damn hard. I'm just hoping it heals okay, its deep but I'm scared of having stitches and since it stopped bleeding it can't be that bad and I've taped it all up smartly so fingers crossed it meshes together and only leaves a scar. At least I didn't cut through the tendon, can still move it fine, just don't want to because that would move the skin that needs to heal and hurts a little to as well. One handed typing ain't fun. So, I was looking forward to finishing the I'm A Believer vid (along with starting a few other things) but everything computery is on hold until it heals because I don't have the motor control good enough to do such things with my other hand. Sucks because I now have the time and nothing much to do that I want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                        My dissertation is all done & handed in, with me raring to get back to fic, vidding n graphics but guess what happened this morning? Fell down the stairs & sliced open the knuckle of my mouse hand (I was carrying a mug and that hand was holding the handle that detached itself during the fall and some bit cut me somehow).
                        I am sorry about your hand. That sounds painful. I hope it heals ok. ((((Purpleyin))))

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I'm left handed but for some reason I use my right hand for my mouse, and that's the one I cut my index finger of so really it's lucky I'll be fine to write in exams in a few weeks but doing everything else one handed in the meantime is bizarrely damn hard. I'm just hoping it heals okay, its deep but I'm scared of having stitches and since it stopped bleeding it can't be that bad and I've taped it all up smartly so fingers crossed it meshes together and only leaves a scar. At least I didn't cut through the tendon, can still move it fine, just don't want to because that would move the skin that needs to heal and hurts a little to as well. One handed typing ain't fun. So, I was looking forward to finishing the I'm A Believer vid (along with starting a few other things) but everything computery is on hold until it heals because I don't have the motor control good enough to do such things with my other hand. Sucks because I now have the time and nothing much to do that I want to do.
                          On a slight aside, if the two edges of the skin were seperated enough such that you could move them together and apart with your fingers, then you needed stitches. On the other hand, if it's been more than 12 hours since you cut yourself, then doctors wouldn't put any stitches in since the wound is almost always going to become infected.

Keep in mind that I have very little formal medical training. I'm just accident prone enough to have visited the doctors enough to have picked up the odd nugget of information or two
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                            On a slight aside, if the two edges of the skin were seperated enough such that you could move them together and apart with your fingers, then you needed stitches. On the other hand, if it's been more than 12 hours since you cut yourself, then doctors wouldn't put any stitches in since the wound is almost always going to become infected.

Keep in mind that I have very little formal medical training. I'm just accident prone enough to have visited the doctors enough to have picked up the odd nugget of information or two
                            Hmm, yeah... I should have gotten stitches in that case. But it's been well over 24 hours so I'll just keep an eye on it, incase it gets infected. I've got it well dressed, with sterilised butterfly tape holding it together, so fingers crossed it'll be fine and if not off to the doctors I'll have to go. But anyway, back on topic.

Question: We have a fair amount of lyrical discussion go on, so I was wondering, what song most reminds you of Mckay/Weir? Does the song choice change between the different seasons?

Comment

Oh PY, what bad luck. First you can't play with shippy stuff because you don't have the time and now you can't because you're injured. Hope it heals up fine.

Regarding songs, my favorite is still "The Promise", and I think that works for both season one and two. Looking only at canon, I get the feeling that Rodney and Elizabeth's relationship changed throughout the seasons, so it would make sense to have different songs for each season. In season one it was more casual, more direct, and in season two something changed and they became more distant and formal. It's difficult to tell if the change was intentional by TPTB or if it appears that way because of the scenes we were given. I'm bummed that the Ask Joe thread is gone - it would be interesting to see if Joe thinks that the dynamic between M/W has changed and what the third season holds for those two. I certainly hope that season three steers character interactions from what we saw in season two back to season one.

Comment

Question: We have a fair amount of lyrical discussion go on, so I was wondering, what song most reminds you of Mckay/Weir? Does the song choice change between the different seasons?
                                Depends. If you're after angst, then you can't go wrong with She Loves Me Not by Papa Roach. It could apply to Carter, Weir, Cadman or any other woman that turns her nose up at McKay in favour of the Next Best Guy (tm).

If you want some happy, go-lucky feelings then you can't go wrong with I Would Do Anything For Love or Paradise By the Dashboard Light, both my Meatloaf.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X