Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    Maybe the thread works better with OT3 people to bridge the gap.
    At your service .

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Helppppp me as Hans knows I'm losing my will to ship. Please don't let me lose my McWeir shippiness!!! Any help appreciated lol.

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
        Helppppp me as Hans knows I'm losing my will to ship. Please don't let me lose my McWeir shippiness!!! Any help appreciated lol.

Lucy

Is this about the militant shippers friends you were telling me about?
        Maybe you could politely tell them it's you point of view, after all it's what we want to see and they just see differently.

Even if Shep/Weir happens you could still ship McWeir anyway, like people ship McShep or Sam/Dan, Sam/Jan etc.

And most importantly ship wars aren't nice, we know it's possible to get on (see the For all shippers thread for example) and if you can't avoid them slagging the ship and they don't get your point of preferences rather than right/wrong ship then maybe you could avoid discussion of it with them? It should be fun after all and you should tell them if they are upsetting you and spoiling your enjoyment of the show, however it is you like to enjoy it that might differ from theirs.

Other adivce; on regaining shippiness:

Watch the McWeir vids - yes I know there are 5, of which only 3 are available, more are on the way though becuase I've been besiged by vid bunnies and must have 10+ mcweir ones!,

Read the least angst McWeir fic there is - MA's stuff ('The journal' is so cute, I wish it were finished after she let me read a draft of the next chapter, I can see where its going and I'm just bursting to read it! and of course 'Of chocolate and edible boxers' too!), MegTDJ's ones and then remember that sweet happy ending you were telling me aobut for your fic and write it now (out of order writing can be good, gives you something to work towards...)

Hope it helps (and that your gums are feeling a little less numb too - eugh, dentists/injections sound very bad! Maybe you could even use you Rodney-esque whumped feeling to write a McWeir missing scene for Suspicion...? Just an odd idea there)

Comment

Answering own questions about Simon...

Does she / did she really love him?

I say she did, but maybe not enough. I'm thinking it was a safe, happy but possibly strained relationship because of her traveling.

How could she leave him if she did...?

Her career obviously comes first, though Atlantis was slightly different there - being something alot larger than most people could conceive of. I'm betting she left the video tape because she couldn't bear telling him face to face, though I'm thinking she'll want to explain properly a dn personally should she ever go back to Earth.

Do you think we'll still be seeing him if they get back to earth later on?

Uh, sort of answered that above, oops. It'll be interesting to see if he as in fact moved on by then. even if their relationship wasn't solid/was failing and if she did have feelings elsewhere, I still think it would hurt her a lot to see Simon really did move on.

How can you concile McWeir with Simons existence?!

Simon is in another galaxy, she all but abandoned him (with no certainty that what we saw in Home would be how he'd react, maybe he was a little too forgiving there...?), we never saw what she said in the video in Rising or have seen anything of much substance/information about them, so...
          I find it easy to say Simon's probably a nice guy but not the one for her even though she does care for him and finds it hard to let go. Besides that people can't always help their heart, who they love or don't love no matter how hard they try for one or the other.

Comment

Just a reminder that captions for the first contest must be in by tomorow, Friday 11th.

See here for banners and the rest of details.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=193

Have fun captioning and remember nothing is too...silly/dark/laughable/flirty to consider - it's everyone else who decides and it's anonymous so have some McWeirish fun with them!

~
            Hans

Comment

Last day is today for captions....

Comment

Hi all

First caption contest can now be voted on here!
                http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/poll/

A big thank you to my friend Tristan who modified his own php script and helped me set it all up.
                Visit his site here if you like - http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/

Votes in by the end of wednesday.

~
                Hans

Comment

No one want to talk about "The gift", for example that office scene....?

Comment

OMG!!! lol.. yes!! that's exactly what i was coming to talk about!! they were like an old married couple it was lots of fun the whole "what is this? *holds up his finger*" lol.... then shep having to say "would you just stop?" lol...

i loved that part and i immediately thought "mcweir!!! yay!"

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                      OMG!!! lol.. yes!! that's exactly what i was coming to talk about!! they were like an old married couple it was lots of fun the whole "what is this? *holds up his finger*" lol.... then shep having to say "would you just stop?" lol...

Yep and Rodney didn't even seem to know why Shep said that, seemed a little confused and hurt he'd stopped a perfectly normal discussion

Spoiler:

I liked the briefing room stuff too - did you get the feeling her 'focus' comment was made towards Rodney? I thought that might have prompted him to go see Kate!

Oooh and the lab scene - with her going to see him and then their little discussion (obviously not the only one considering the comments in the office scene! ) and the 'you do realise you didn't finish that sentence, don't you?'

Comment

lol!! yes... there was a lot of great mcweir stuff in this episode in fact, if i wasn't already, this episode prob'lt would have sold me on mcweir allby itself that line about not finishing the sentence was one of my favorites in the episode

you can also really see when she comes to his lab about the
                        Spoiler:
                        wraith info storage device that he has
                        you can really see thei friendship come out he actually seemed relaxed around her, which around anyone for mckay is a bit rare

and not really mcweir at all, but mckay and zelenka were hilarious together in this episode

Comment

lol!! yes... there was a lot of great mcweir stuff in this episode in fact, if i wasn't already, this episode prob'lt would have sold me on mcweir allby itself that line about not finishing the sentence was one of my favorites in the episode

you can also really see when she comes to his lab about the
                          Spoiler:
                          wraith info storage device that he has
                          you can really see thei friendship come out he actually seemed relaxed around her, which around anyone for mckay is a bit rare

and not really mcweir at all, but mckay and zelenka were hilarious together in this episode
                          Yes, McKay was great in all his little bits in it
                          Spoiler:
                          especially the 'apart from crying ourselves to sleep'! Plus was it just me or did his gaze keep stearing to below eye level in the lab scene? Particularly with the shot looking at the laptop and her profile - almost like we were getting McKayview....

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            No one want to talk about "The gift", for example that office scene....?
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, I did appreciate the scenes in her office as well as their little interaction in his lab. Finishing each others sentences was cute, and the finger thing was hysterical, Rodney getting a bit of his own medicine! However, I think most of the potential shippiness was drastically overshadowed because everyone seemed so crabby and short-tempered. Teyla snapping at Liz, Sheppard snapping at Rodney, Rodney snapping at, well, everyone. *grin* It all makes sense though, since everyone must be worried about the coming Wraith fleet.

Like most of the other fans here, I'm not really buying the Kate/Rodney relationship. All the signs seem to point to a professional relationship, Rodney was embarassed about his perceived weakness, and he put up a barrier by lying to Teyla. It would be awfully funny to see Kate's reaction when the gossip train got back to her! I wonder if perhaps Liz recommended the therapy to him out of concern, or if he would have told Liz, since his barriers seem to be weaker around her, or if Liz would be the last person he would want to know.

Best line of the show was, as almost always, from Rodney: "Maybe she got a good running start – you know, really slam into it." HA!

Ack, sorry, spoiler tags are good for you!

Oh by the way, hi all, it's peanut from the McKay/Weir yahoo group. After finally figuring out the Gateworld forum protocols I thought it would be most appropriate for my first post to be here. Hope no one minds if I make myself comfy and blab about ship goodness!

Now off to learn how to make a cool sig...
                            Last edited by ToasterOnFire; 12 March 2005, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              'The Gift' spoilers
                              Spoiler:
                              Well, I did appreciate the scenes in her office as well as their little interaction in his lab. Finishing each others sentences was cute, and the finger thing was hysterical, Rodney getting a bit of his own medicine! However, I think most of the potential shippiness was drastically overshadowed because everyone seemed so crabby and short-tempered. Teyla snapping at Liz, Sheppard snapping at Rodney, Rodney snapping at, well, everyone. *grin* It all makes sense though, since everyone must be worried about the coming Wraith fleet.

Like most of the other fans here, I'm not really buying the Kate/Rodney relationship. All the signs seem to point to a professional relationship, Rodney was embarassed about his perceived weakness, and he put up a barrier by lying to Teyla. It would be awfully funny to see Kate's reaction when the gossip train got back to her! I wonder if perhaps Liz recommended the therapy to him out of concern, or if he would have told Liz, since his barriers seem to be weaker around her, or if Liz would be the last person he would want to know.

Best line of the show was, as almost always, from Rodney: "Maybe she got a good running start – you know, really slam into it." HA!

Oh by the way, hi all, it's peanut from the McKay/Weir yahoo group. After finally figuring out the Gateworld forum protocols I thought it would be most appropriate for my first post to be here. Hope no one minds if I make myself comfy and blab about ship goodness!

Now off to learn how to make a cool sig...
                              Hi Peanut! Yay for first post being here.
                              You might want to use spoiler tags though.
                              [_spoiler_] spoilerish text in here[_/spoiler_] just take the underscores out and they should work, if not sure then preview post to check - I'd recommend editing your post because it's a courtesy to spoiler tag stuff for about a week or two after they've aired.

Anyway...
                              Spoiler:
                              yes, it was shame that it was there but the rest of the episode took over really. but there weren't many McKay scenes and mot where involving her and shippy too!

I love that line from McKay - was soo thinknig, yes yes do it! and that it would be hilarous in a spoof harry potter platform 3 3/4 ways. Ah well there's always AU for fic. (since Teyla got through because of her DNA and open it) and just curious if it would have ended up with slammnig into it - like having the fic where they consider it and one fo them dos that. Could just see Ford refusing and so Rodney tries and gets whumped - with Elizabeth being all concerned when he gets back with a concussion! some one ought ot write that...come on fic challenge here!!!

Oh and there's the fact rodney trusted his laptop to Elizabeth... and he seemed irritated when Elziabeth and Carson left together without her telling them what it was for. could just be annoyed Carson got taken away, or because he's out of the loop or because she sshed him on the wraith language thing or because she wanted Carson and not him for once...

Anyway - I'm hoping the Kate lie might come back to haunt Rodney, have a half finished angsty fic for this episode where it kind of does. Mind you I also have so many other fics planned and not enough time - including a very cute one that's troublesome set around these lines
                              WEIR: "Yeah, something you said made me wonder."
                              MCKAY:"I thought we decid"ed there were more important things than..."
                              WEiR (interrupting Rodney): Why did the Wraith scientist stop the experiments?
                              MCKAY: "What woul I have said that would make you think that?"
                              WEIR: "I don't remember."
                              MCKAY:"Well, it's-it's-it's a good point - i'm just wondering what I said." (Elizabeth looks at him)",What've you got?"

To me it nags; why was he so concerned aobut what he said that made her think that? They must have been talking about alot of things and I want to know what other things were 'more improtant than' for example. Something there that's really got my interest - drives me crazy as to what it all means. Anyone else know what i'm talking about? Or am I actually a crazy shipper...?

Comment

lol, I loved that scene! Very McWeir! This whole episode was pretty McWeir.

Yes, we even said it at the same time! (In the IM that is. )

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X