Clear All

lol... yeah, a different name would DEFINATELY be appropriate here

i'll keep an eye on makeup in the gift

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
      lol... yeah, a different name would DEFINATELY be appropriate here

i'll keep an eye on makeup in the gift
      Very literally keep an eye out....
      Oh and the office scene - such a treat. I haven't fully worked out what to make of it (particularly one line in there) but it's so squeeworthy shippy moment!

And Shep - McWeir victim,... again.
      There should be a banner of the face he makes in that scene - with the tag saying "Does your ship make Sheppard cringe? : McWeir victim #1, incidents 2"

Sorry, just a little in joke there - something a couple of us have going
      (Zelenka's McWeir victim #2 btw, the poor ignored scientist)

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Very literally keep an eye out....
        Oh and the office scene - such a treat. I haven't fully worked out what to make of it (particularly one line in there) but it's so squeeworthy shippy moment!

And Shep - McWeir victim,... again.
        There should be a banner of the face he makes in that scene - with the tag saying "Does your ship make Sheppard cringe? : McWeir victim #1, incidents 2"

Sorry, just a little in joke there - something a couple of us have going
        (Zelenka's McWeir victim #2 btw, the poor ignored scientist)
        Could someone explain the "McWeir Victim" phrase to me? I seen it a couple of times but don't understand it.

(I've imagined all sorts of things but I am seeing someone about that...)
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

*waves* Hi fellow shippers!

*zips off*
          ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
            Could someone explain the "McWeir Victim" phrase to me? I seen it a couple of times but don't understand it.

(I've imagined all sorts of things but I am seeing someone about that...)
            Um, this would be my fault. Sorry... *looks sheepish for not explaining*

I and another shipper, who isn't on here, got chatting (as we do all the time over IM) about McWeir.

It started from discussion of The Storm when I was making screencaps for it- there's the bit where Zelenka gets totally ignored as him and McKay trying to explain their plan to Weir - like McKay keeps on getting antsy and taking over much to Zelenka's frustration (as well as the part where Rodney rushes to get to Elizabeth first, practically pushing Zelenka back!). Trying to get her approval on the genus plan, but obviously can't resist teling her himself.

Then there's that John got hard end of the grounding stations thing because Rodney was trying to be nice to Elizabeth because of her knee, and selfish because he could have given John one long and one short and himself the other long, but we thought maybe this is related to getting time alone with Elizabeth - because until the gate room emergency strikes them two are all alone walking leisurely to control room - with Rodney unusually quiet, maybe nervous even....

There's probably more examples but it's reasonably recent idea and so not noticed anymore because haven't rewatched eps since then.

But point is they are those who suffer whenever Rodney is trying to be nice to or get attention of Elizabeth - hence McWeir victims!
            Last edited by Purpleyin; 06 March 2005, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I love it! LOL! I'll keep an eye out for it!
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
                *waves* Hi fellow shippers!

*zips off*
                Hello!
                *waves back*
                Sad to see you leave so soon but nice to see you here however brief the stay

Comment

Another update on the website (when will they ever stop?)

We're thinking Benguiat would be nice to use for some graphics . It's apparently the font they use for the shows titles (thanks to Iona for pointing this out), though it's not free. So if anyone out there has it speak up.

We can't use Benguiat for menus. Menus and text will be in html code. How it works for html is that it looks for font on your pc and if you don't have it it substitutes. So really it's only an option for graphics or banner captions. We could have a welcome graphic in it and maybe menu headings but not body text or menu texts - only headings that use a graphic.

This has an example of it.
                  http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/itc-benguiat/
                  I think it'd be quite nice for the graphics, maybe not for captions necessarily but the archive title graphics might look good in it?

So we need standard font for site, another font for graphics and maybe a third font that's easy to read for captions. Suggestions welcome (bearing in mind last two only need to be on pc of person making graphics).

And as for genres - someone asked why don't we have past if we have a future, so is everyone okay with having 2 new genres, plus adding another one back on list.

-Future (for future seasons or beyond Atlantis)
                  -Backstory (for stories set or having flashbacks to pre-Altantis - say for example at the Antarctic outpost or even them alone, Elizabeth entering SGC or Rodney and his times SGC etc or generally about their pasts)
                  -Tragedy (this got knocked off the list when it was too lengthy and set as an extreme angst under warnings but it's popular so might get put back on if there's enough interest)

Also been noted that pwp isn't needed, that we could easily use fluff instead as something more general and that pwp is already covered by adult category and various genres that could be paired with.

Kip's banners for you all to look at.

MA and Peanut are working on entrance page graphics and mockups, and Peanut is also working on making a better mockup of the one I did in paint with real graphics and hopefully to scale too.

What does everyone think about idea of adding a browse by genre page?
                  It would take some scripting to add it but might be able to be done, will see when system is up for testing. It would mean you'd click on genre on menu and go to page listing them all for you to choose - then displaying all results, could by ordered by updated or by most read or any number of attributes - what would everyone prefer they be sorted by?

Also we have been chatting about the categories on the menu and the pictures - the idea of having just the main categories with a picture (photo or cartoon/icon? not sure yet, suggestions welcome as always) and small description with number of stories in brackets- then clicking on that would bring up a page with subcategories, subcategory descriptions and how many stories in each - plus maybe top five stories in the whole category underneath. The subcategory links would lead to page with all of the stories sorted by updated. Is this fine?

Still working on what the general skin and Rodney's skin might look like if we follow general plan of the mockup in last update - anyone got any new ideas? Any little comments would be nice.

Peanut was talking of finding way to work Atlantis computers into Rodney's skin and maybe the Atlantus outpost snowflake into general design. There's that or the copper/blue wall panelling designs that I've suggested.

The idea is the skins only vary on colours, banners and a few graphics so very easy to make once first one is done and the other graphics are too. Matter of having made decisions on the stuff and having made graphics to put together - which we need ideas for...

Well that's it for today, hope everyone good and love to hear suggestions however trivial you think something is - every bit of input helps.
                  And just 5 days left to think up and mail those captions now.

~
                  Hans

Comment

Hmm, guess no one has any comments on the update

Anyway, discussion.
                    If you read fanfic - any good McWeir fanfic out there you'd recommend?
                    (Any not on ff.net - I just ask because I've read all I can get from weirmckayship, ff.net and wraithbait! But there must be some I'm missing somewhere out there)

Any McWeir plot bunnies ayone got that they want to put up for adoption?
                    We already have the Weir was once a blonde one....

Comment

kips banners are nice

keep up the great updates hans
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                        kips banners are nice

keep up the great updates hans
                        I'm sure Kip would love to hear that, she's around here somewhere isn't she?
                        And the updates will keep coming, though no news for today or tomorow I'd guess.

Comment

this thread was lurkin on *gasp* page three.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                            this thread was lurkin on *gasp* page three.
                            Where does everyone go when it's not episode time

Comment

i'm here!! the sheyla thead was like this for the whole week after sanctuary, then again after the brotherhood... it's just a case of not as much to talk about in the last ep as we'd like there to be!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                                i'm here!! the sheyla thead was like this for the whole week after sanctuary, then again after the brotherhood... it's just a case of not as much to talk about in the last ep as we'd like there to be!!
                                Well episodes aren't all we can talk about relating to McKay/Weir...
                                There's fic and other creative pursuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X