• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Here's more icons from that theme I'm currently working on:

Hopefully more on the way soon!
    Pretty!

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
    Oh, so pretty! As always And I almost thought the "confusion" one had Rodney in it, not Simon and almost fainted dead away!
    Me too! Took me a second to get recollected. I might go and watch "Home" again today... Just loved how
    Spoiler:
    Elizabeth went to Rodney to talk about the militarization (okay, is that even a word?) of Atlantis first, and she figured out that the reality wasn't real through the way Rodney acted.

And LittleKnux, your idea of a M/W pyramid scheme has me thinking. How about X points if you nudge someone toward M/W, XX points if you get them to post in this thread, and XXX points if they come bearing gifts of fanfic/pics/vids/etc? Not so sure about the prizes though. I'm always willing to offer icons,wallpaper,etc, but I'd offer them regardless to bolster M/W shippiness. And maybe the person with the most points gets to be thread system lord for the day!
    Lol, sounds awesome to me!

Originally posted by aaobuttons
    I could tackle this one if eveybody wants to help out. I'm going to be working a desk job for the next 7 months, since I finally got pregnant again, so I'll have lots of time. Maybe everyone could help out and we could work on a list. Did we ever go episode by episode on ship moments, or was that the McKay appreciation thread that did the Episode rundowns?
    Didn't someone do this on the m/w yahoo group? Just a couple of episodes? It would be a cool thing to put on the M/W site. Anyways, I'd be happy to help out where I can.

Originally posted by ra-hanna
    Holy....Cow! I think I've spent the last 2 hours searcing my web bookmarks and finally my computer files looking for this story. (If I don't have time to read it on the website, I'll copy and paste into a document and save it for later.) I knew I had it some where. Anyways....here's the linky..
    The Other side of the Storm by Gaffer 42
    Part 2
    Thank you!! It's now saved on my computer so I won't lose it again.

Comment

I could tackle this one if eveybody wants to help out. I'm going to be working a desk job for the next 7 months, since I finally got pregnant again, so I'll have lots of time. Maybe everyone could help out and we could work on a list. Did we ever go episode by episode on ship moments, or was that the McKay appreciation thread that did the Episode rundowns?
      Congrats on your upcoming bundle of joy!!! That's so exciting! I hope you plan to introduce Stargate at a young age, especially McWeir. Make sure you plan a few hours a week in front of the tv with your stomach pointed forwards

And I bet if we all help out it will be a piece of cake. Let me know what I can do
      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Oh, so pretty! As always And I almost thought the "confusion" one had Rodney in it, not Simon and almost fainted dead away! If wishes were horses...(I have no idea how that saying ends, or maybe I have it wrong?!)
        Oh, that reminds me that I should be working on that project Hans turned over to me...hmmm . In the meantime, I've been maniping a photo over my lunchbreak that I'll post later tonight.

Originally posted by weirfan517
        Interesting, M/W pyramid, maybe I could talk to a few people. As thread system lord for a day, what exactly would you get to do?
        ...I dunno. I'm not too sure of Hans's powers, and I'm certainly not going to test her to find out. Maybe if someone get to be system lord they can take the viking approach and hijack other threads to promote M/W shippiness?

I'd love to help make the list! I think it was the Rodney appreciation thread that went through each episode and talked about him. It would be easy enough to go through each ep, starting with Rising, and have everyone list any shippy moments they can think of. We have plenty of sharp-eyed shippers here, so if everyone chimes in we shouldn't miss anything. Just post an announcement when you're ready to start and keep running through the eps until we're done.

And congrads!! Looks like another Mcweirite is on the way!

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
        Didn't someone do this on the m/w yahoo group? Just a couple of episodes? It would be a cool thing to put on the M/W site. Anyways, I'd be happy to help out where I can.
        I think Hans did extensive shippy write-ups for a handful of episodes. And they are indeed posted over on the yahoo group, so they may be worth a read to look at how they're put together.

Holy....Cow! I think I've spent the last 2 hours searcing my web bookmarks and finally my computer files looking for this story. (If I don't have time to read it on the website, I'll copy and paste into a document and save it for later.) I knew I had it some where. Anyways....here's the linky..
        OH THANK YOU!! Never losing that one again.

Comment

Hey, gonna be back proper on Friday (briefly - three days! Then off to Bavaria for a week) but got my laptop on the net to backup fics and send for beta. You might be glad to hear I've written 4 M/W fics whilst at parents house on my semi-vacation and I'm going to work on more perfect pair tomorow. Wish me luck, those chapters are hard to tackle and it's been a while...

Oh and big hello to all the new members (and future member! Congrats aaobuttons ). Yeep 1% power! Bi for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
            Hey, gonna be back proper on Friday (briefly - three days! Then off to Bavaria for a week) but got my laptop on the net to backup fics and send for beta. You might be glad to hear I've written 4 M/W fics whilst at parents house on my semi-vacation and I'm going to work on more perfect pair tomorow. Wish me luck, those chapters are hard to tackle and it's been a while...

Oh and big hello to all the new members (and future member! Congrats aaobuttons ). Yeep 1% power! Bi for now.
            Hi, see you in like 3 days, I guess. Taht's awsome to hear that you've been working on some fic, can't wait to read it and I'm wishing you lots of luck for perfect pair, awsome story so far.

I'd also like to say congrats to aaobuttons about you're upcoming bundle of joy.

The Other side of the Storm by Gaffer 42
            Part 2
            Awsome fic, never read it before, gonna have to bookmark it, it was kool. I have to go for now, talk to yall later.
            McKay: I'm invulnerable!
            Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
            McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
            My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Congrats on your upcoming bundle of joy!!! That's so exciting! I hope you plan to introduce Stargate at a young age, especially McWeir. Make sure you plan a few hours a week in front of the tv with your stomach pointed forwards

And I bet if we all help out it will be a piece of cake. Let me know what I can do
              Hee hee, I think we should knit Rodney and Elizabeth soft toys to hang on a mobile.

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              Bavaria? Lucky, lucky you! And FOUR McKay/Weir fics PLUS you're working on "Perfect Pair"! Oh, I died and went to heaven. Looking forward to reading all of them!

And here's my latest photo manip! I thought there weren't enough promo pics with Rodney and Elizabeth, so I smashed their individual ones together to get...

Now I just need to work on substituting people...

Comment

Hee hee, I think we should knit Rodney and Elizabeth soft toys to hang on a mobile.
                Yes! And Rodney/Elizabeth bedsheets!

And here's my latest photo manip! I thought there weren't enough promo pics with Rodney and Elizabeth, so I smashed their individual ones together to get...

Now I just need to work on substituting people...
                Eee! <3<3 So pretty.../pets/

Comment

Originally posted by Littleknux2008
                  Yes! And Rodney/Elizabeth bedsheets!
                  Yes! And little jumpers that look like Atlantis issue uniforms, one with a canadian flag and one with an american flag. Or you could put a patch on both shoulders to signify McWeir lurve

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ut/promo22.jpg
                  Oh, I like this! They look so sexy with that "Touch my baby and die!" face.
                  Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                  :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Wow! Thanx for the great welcome guys! ToasteronFire, I love thei pic! Your right there definatly wern't enough pics of rodney and elizabeth together in the promo pictures, thank goodness your helping fix that As for the ficathon, I will definatly post up any good ones I find, or if I ever finish mine, I'll put that up too. I have to read a good number of the ones posted up because I haven't seen them before, and of course I will be rereading all the ones that I have too . I would do it now, but its 2 in the morning and I should really sleep, lol.

Comment

hmm... its now just about 3:30, so much for not reading the fanfics posted up on the forum, lol But I saw truth or dare, and I didn't see the sequal so I just thought I would put it up for you guys:
                      Revenge, Two Sugars, No Milk

Comment

Yes! And little jumpers that look like Atlantis issue uniforms, one with a canadian flag and one with an american flag. Or you could put a patch on both shoulders to signify McWeir lurve
                        HEE! So many cute M/W ideas for baby!

Oh, I like this! They look so sexy with that "Touch my baby and die!" face.
                        I like to think he snuck his hand under her jacket and around her waist in that shot. Or maybe grabbing her bum.
                        Though I don't really see Rodney as a bum-grabbing type. Okay, maybe he did grab Sam in Moebius, but that was more the "old" Rodney. I'm not so sure he'd do that to Sam now, and I can't believe he'd do that to Elizabeth.
                        Maybe I'm wrong though. Do you guys think Rodney would be more serious in a relationship, with minimal public displays of affection but grabbing Elizabeth when in private, or do you think he'd show signs in public, touching her hand, etc?
                        For that matter, I think Elizabeth is a more private person in that regard. And she would see her private life as even more private now that she's in charge of Atlantis.
                        But I wonder, if they did get into a relationship, if they would both try to keep it as secret as possible or if they'd be comfortable letting it slip to certain trusted people. Shep, for instance.

Originally posted by fatesfortune
                        hmm... its now just about 3:30, so much for not reading the fanfics posted up on the forum, lol
                        Wow! I can't really be that shocked though, as I've often spent too many hours reading, writing or making pics for the ship. It just sucks you in!
                        And I love that story too! Rodney with pink hair..hee hee hee.

Comment

Internet Explorer keeps freezing on this computer, so I'm just stopping by real quick with a bit from an interview with David Hewlett.

In the first season, Rodney seemed to have a date with the Dr. Kate
                          Heightmayer. What is gonna happen next in McKay's sentimental life in the second season? For or against Weir/McKay?

Dr. Heightmayer? Rodney can dream!
                          That or covering for his need of therapy!
                          We definitely get into McKays love-life, with disastrous, not to mention humorous results early on in season two. I don't think Weir would go for it, she's still in charge, no matter what McKay might think ;-)
                          Last edited by LittleKnux2008; 18 August 2005, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone! and I don't think that will be a problem. My son is 5 and he's a Stargate fan already. He comes running into the room whenever the music comes on.... Now that I think of it, he hasn't been doing that lately, probably because of the short intros. But he still wanders in and watches. He likes Mitchell, Vala, and Sheppard, and he doesn't like the Wraith, he thinks their scary!

I'd love to help make the list! I think it was the Rodney appreciation thread that went through each episode and talked about him. It would be easy enough to go through each ep, starting with Rising, and have everyone list any shippy moments they can think of. We have plenty of sharp-eyed shippers here, so if everyone chimes in we shouldn't miss anything. Just post an announcement when you're ready to start and keep running through the eps until we're done.
                            Great, I'll get working on it Tomorrow after I do some digging. I haven't watched Rising since the DVD came out!

I'll accept any and all McWeir gifts , especially the jumpers! That would be so so adorable, I'd take a picture everyone too! Hmm, that makes me wonder what baby things cafepress.com has... I might have to go and investigate!
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
                              Internet Explorer keeps freezing on this computer, so I'm just stopping by real quick with a bit from an interview with David Hewlett.

In the first season, Rodney seemed to have a date with the Dr. Kate
                              Heightmayer. What is gonna happen next in McKay's sentimental life in the second season? For or against Weir/McKay?

Dr. Heightmayer? Rodney can dream!
                              That or covering for his need of therapy!
                              We definitely get into McKays love-life, with disastrous, not to mention humorous results early on in season two. I don't think Weir would go for it, she's still in charge, no matter what McKay might think ;-)
                              Hmmm....I'll tackle this quote.
                              *rolls up sleeves*

1) His response to McKay/Weir makes me think that A. he, TPTB, or both have considered/are considering such a ship (he didn't give a "What? Are there people that are shipping us?" response) and B. he didn't fall over laughing because the thought of the ship was silly, ala Weir/Kav, Sam/Thor, and Shep/Dex . So I would assume that TPTB knows that there are fans who seriously support McKay/Weir, which is always a good sign. Also, I can't imagine DH wouldn't know about McKay/Weir, since it is the main ship for his character (excluding McKay/Carter, which is really more of a wistful ship than anything that would become canon). I'm damn curious to know what he truly thinks about the ship...

2) He never specifically states how his character would feel about the ship, merely speculating on how Elizabeth would see it, leaving that avenue wide open.

3) He states that the ship might not work because Elizabeth is the leader. I can see how that would be a problem for M/W and we've discussed this in the past, but his statement also implies that any other Weir ship, from Shep/Weir to Weir/Caldwell to Weir/Zelenka, has a severe impediment because of this. If one of these ships is given a chance by TPTB then I see no reason why McKay/Weir couldn't also.

4) He didn't say anything like "Oh, we didn't even think about doing that ship" or "We're not planning on ever exploring that ship." Until then I'm going to keep shipping strong.

Comment

Hmmm....I'll tackle this quote.
                                *rolls up sleeves*

1) His response to McKay/Weir makes me think that A. he, TPTB, or both have considered/are considering such a ship (he didn't give a "What? Are there people that are shipping us?" response) and B. he didn't fall over laughing because the thought of the ship was silly, ala Weir/Kav, Sam/Thor, and Shep/Dex . So I would assume that TPTB knows that there are fans who seriously support McKay/Weir, which is always a good sign. Also, I can't imagine DH wouldn't know about McKay/Weir, since it is the main ship for his character (excluding McKay/Carter, which is really more of a wistful ship than anything that would become canon). I'm damn curious to know what he truly thinks about the ship...

2) He never specifically states how his character would feel about the ship, merely speculating on how Elizabeth would see it, leaving that avenue wide open.

3) He states that the ship might not work because Elizabeth is the leader. I can see how that would be a problem for M/W and we've discussed this in the past, but his statement also implies that any other Weir ship, from Shep/Weir to Weir/Caldwell to Weir/Zelenka, has a severe impediment because of this. If one of these ships is given a chance by TPTB then I see no reason why McKay/Weir couldn't also.

4) He didn't say anything like "Oh, we didn't even think about doing that ship" or "We're not planning on ever exploring that ship." Until then I'm going to keep shipping strong.
                                Hello. Never played in your McKay/Weir garden before (I spend most of my time with the Shep/Weir people, but don't hold that against me!!!)
                                I saw the name ToasterOnFire, was vastly amused, and decided to have a look!
                                I love McKay! just thinking about him makes me smile, if not laugh. So funny because I was never a fan when he was on Stargate. And it's so nice to hear someone say ZED-PM!!! Go the Canadian!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X