Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
    I'll cross my fingers as well. Because if Shep gets another hug or something I'm going to have to bang my head against the wall
    I'll join in the head-banging. Unh.
    Spoiler:
    Sure, it was a I'm-happy-you're-alive hug, but come on. I'm still willing to write it off as friendship. Still, if he gets another one... Spread the wealth here, TPTB.

Please Misery loves company!
    Yey! Let's hope that we don't have to sulk for long.

Comment

Okay, I'm back! Haven't seen the latest ep yet, but I should be able to watch it tomorrow. *cough*

But reading through all your reviews of Condemned it seems like
      Spoiler:
      there was pretty much no M/W, as expected. Still, hopefully I'll get some shippy spin on things or maybe kick out some plot bunnies. But not kick the bunnies. Kicking the bunnies is just plain mean.

And my goodness there's been a lot of discussion about other ships and jealousy and whatnot! I'll respond to those tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
        I'll join in the head-banging. Unh.
        Spoiler:
        Sure, it was a I'm-happy-you're-alive hug, but come on. I'm still willing to write it off as friendship. Still, if he gets another one... Spread the wealth here, TPTB.

Forget head-banging, I think I'll just go and throw up! If they had any chemistry, I would be more forgiving, but they are too much brother/sister like, and their ship moments are just too awkward.

Ok, I don't mean to sound so Anti- Shweir ship.... I think it's McWeir withdrawl.... I'm addicted and without my fix I become angry.... need more Mcweir.... or china will break.... help!
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
          Forget head-banging, I think I'll just go and throw up! If they had any chemistry, I would be more forgiving, but they are too much brother/sister like, and their ship moments are just too awkward.

Ok, I don't mean to sound so Anti- Shweir ship.... I think it's McWeir withdrawl.... I'm addicted and without my fix I become angry.... need more Mcweir.... or china will break.... help!

Alright yall, i know that some you are upset but don't worry too much about it. The shweir hug (the shweirians thought very sqee worthy) was friendly, I believe, and I think TPTB are going sheyla and we might get better mcweir moments soon, hopefully.We do have fic still and you're fic, aaobuttons, is really good and something that has made some of us not so upset. I love the gift he gave her and it was pretty sweet.

Also some of yall need to get out there and try to write us more happy mcweir fics, I'm working on a few , myself and hopefully will come up with something good for the mcweir ficathon. Those should be good for us til TPTB give us more mcweir canon moments. I'm hoping for something next week, and this week wasnt that bad cuz I wasn't expecting anything, mostly a team ep. i was glad that Liz
          Spoiler:
          went offworld
          though.
          McKay: I'm invulnerable!
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
          McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
          My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
            Alright yall, i know that some you are upset but don't worry too much about it. The shweir hug (the shweirians thought very sqee worthy) was friendly, I believe, and I think TPTB are going sheyla and we might get better mcweir moments soon, hopefully.We do have fic still and you're fic, aaobuttons, is really good and something that has made some of us not so upset. I love the gift he gave her and it was pretty sweet.
            I think it was pretty friendly, it just seemed really...awkward. /shrug/ I dunno. Maybe it's just me...? Can't help but whine though. There have been Sheppard/Weir moments and Shep/Teyla, so where are ours?!

Also some of yall need to get out there and try to write us more happy mcweir fics,
            Happy fic? What's that? Just kidding. I've written two happy ficlets, thank you very much. (It doesn't matter that they are odd two of like twenty. )

I'm working on a few , myself and hopefully will come up with something good for the mcweir ficathon. Those should be good for us til TPTB give us more mcweir canon moments. I'm hoping for something next week, and this week wasnt that bad cuz I wasn't expecting anything, mostly a team ep. i was glad that Liz
            Spoiler:
            went offworld
            though.
            Can't wait to see what you come up with! When hope is so dismal here, it's nice to have a ficathon. I am going to rewatch "Hide and Seek" myself. Just because the part where she yells "Rodney!" is so squee-able.
            Spoiler:
            I'm holding out hope for concerned!Liz in "Grace Under Pressure". Supposedly, it's just like the SG episode "Grace" only with Rodney stuck in a jumper underwater. I'm hoping.
            This week's episode has potential, so let's hope we see something.

To get some more discussion started up, what was your favorite McKay/Weir moment in season 1?

Welcome back Toaster!
            Last edited by LittleKnux2008; 14 August 2005, 07:50 PM. Reason: Missed Toaster's Post!

Comment

To get some more discussion started up, what was your favorite McKay/Weir moment in season 1?
              Oooo, got one. It was in the gift when she pointed her finger and Rodney said "What's that" I think, I'll have to check a transcript real quick, but I thought that was funny and one of my favorite moments on the show period. I saw this before I started really shipping anyone and have thought Liz and Rodney were funny ever since.

ELIZABETH’S OFFICE. Rodney and John come in to see Elizabeth.
              McKAY: Alright. Even with Major Sheppard in the chair we weren’t able to, uh ... (Elizabeth, who is reading a laptop, raises a finger.) What? What is that? (He raises his finger in the same way that she did. Elizabeth gestures to the screen and Rodney walks round the table to stand beside her and look at the screen.)
              WEIR: Yeah, something you said made me wonder.
              McKAY: I thought we decided there were more important things than ...
              WEIR (interrupting): Why did the Wraith scientist stop the experiments?
              McKAY: What would I have said that would make you think that?
              WEIR: I don’t remember.
              McKAY: Well, it’s-it’s-it’s a good point – I’m just wondering what I said. (Elizabeth looks at him.) What’ve you got?

Hehe, love them so much and that was my favorite mcweir moment right there.
              McKay: I'm invulnerable!
              Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
              McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
              My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

I think it was pretty friendly, it just seemed really...awkward. /shrug/ I dunno. Maybe it's just me...? Can't help but whine though. There have been Sheppard/Weir moments and Shep/Teyla, so where are ours?!
                Maybe TPTB likes to make us work harder to see our ship? I mean,
                Spoiler:
                Shep/Weir hug? Lots to work with there. Shep/Teyla tied together? Lots there too. But what M/W moments have we had so far? Little in Siege. Little in Intruder (except Rodney and Elizabeth working to save Shep). Runner had some stuff that one could work to see as shippy (Elizabeth standing right next to Rodney after he returns from the planet), and there were some interpretable scenes in Duet (her concern and ability to read him when he was anxious). Nothing blatant even for shippers. We still have 15 eps to go however, so there's plenty of time to get some quality M/W action.

Reading some of the spoilers for future eps, it would seem that
                Spoiler:
                TPTB aren't tying Shep down to either Elizabeth or Teyla yet. I'm still not worried that S/W is going to happen and ruin my M/W play.

And I agree that I'm can tolerate "moments" of another ship as long as we get something to work with!

Welcome back Toaster!
                Thanks! It looks like I have tons of Atlantis and SG1 posts to go through though. I'm not so sure I want to make the efforts to watch the latest SG1 ep; any advice from you guys? Dying to see the latest BSG!
                And now I have to sleep! A weekend with cats results in a sniffly, sneezing, cranky Toaster!

Comment

Heya Guys! Hows the McKey/Weir shippering going? Mind if i join in?
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo

Hello, Hulabaloo! We seem to be a sulky but hopeful bunch, so feel free to join in whenever you wish. We love gifts of fic, vids, or pictures.... just in case you want to know!

Comment

My favorite Season 1 moment was in Before I Sleep (does season 1 need to be spoilered anymore?) when
                      Spoiler:
                      Rodney stayed behind in the control center so that Elizabeth could have the chance to escape.
                      The looks they gave eachother just made me squee!

And as for Grace Under Pressure, I'm really hoping for some shippy moments from that.
                      Spoiler:
                      Rodney having visions of Elizabeth, maybe (in my dreams... or at least fic) a kiss!

Comment

Loved both your 'moments', aao and weirfan. I'm still not sure what mine is; there are so many!

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        Maybe TPTB likes to make us work harder to see our ship? I mean,
                        Spoiler:
                        Shep/Weir hug? Lots to work with there. Shep/Teyla tied together? Lots there too. But what M/W moments have we had so far? Little in Siege. Little in Intruder (except Rodney and Elizabeth working to save Shep). Runner had some stuff that one could work to see as shippy (Elizabeth standing right next to Rodney after he returns from the planet), and there were some interpretable scenes in Duet (her concern and ability to read him when he was anxious). Nothing blatant even for shippers. We still have 15 eps to go however, so there's plenty of time to get some quality M/W action.
                        You make a good point. We must appreciate what we have! (And okay, hope for more too ) Hehe.

Reading some of the spoilers for future eps, it would seem that
                        Spoiler:

TPTB aren't tying Shep down to either Elizabeth or Teyla yet. I'm still not worried that S/W is going to happen and ruin my M/W play.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't think they'll go after Shep/Liz. And even if they did, there are still ways to find M/W.

I'm not so sure I want to make the efforts to watch the latest SG1 ep; any advice from you guys?
                        I thought the episode itself was okay - but it's a good character piece for Vala. Well...as close as I think we'll get to one. There's a lot of Daniel and his long anti-Ori speeches which I find cool. If you don't like Vala or said long speeches, I don't believe there's anything really spectacular or ground-breaking about it.

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                        And as for Grace Under Pressure, I'm really hoping for some shippy moments from that.
                        Spoiler:
                        Rodney having visions of Elizabeth, maybe (in my dreams... or at least fic) a kiss!
                        Well
                        Spoiler:
                        Carter is supposed to go to Atlantis to help figure out the problem, so maybe there will be some jealous!Elizabeth (so, okay, probably not. But that's what fic is for! )

Like buttons said, feel free to join in and welcome!

Comment

Elizabeth is losing! Terribly. Eep.
                          She's currently winning. The current score (Liz - 59%; Teyla - 38%) is the reverse of what the scores were like last night when I checked. I guess Weir's fans have really come out of the woodwork.

My favourite McKay/Weir scene from Season 1 has to be from Rising. Technically there are two scenes. The first when they're in Antartica talking about the chair and Beckett being genetically 'advanced'. The second is when Liz is worried about the team who have went to Athos, and Rodney comforts her. Who else would he do that for?

Comment

Thankyou! For making me all so welcome.

The Storm, i think its were the 'guy' i cant remeber his name is gonna shoot someone, bad memory!
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

It's free to join in, but you have to pay if you want to escape the madness.

Comment

Finished Condemned. Not really any M/W to speak of, but I've got some bunnies floating around.
                                Spoiler:

- The offworld team knew that Elizabeth and others were going to visit the city when they figured out the Wraith collaboration. So not only was Elizabeth worried about the team, but I'd imagine that Rodney was also worried about her.
                                - Looks like the prisoners and Shep could easily read when Rodney is lying, which probably frustrated Rodney to no end. Maybe he could go to Elizabeth for some tips from a true diplomat on how to keep a poker face?
                                - On that topic, I imagine Rodney is often stressed since everyone seems to depend on him to solve the big problems. What about a story where he talks to Elizabeth about what it's like having people depend on you and how one deals with reliance and the possibility of letting someone down?
                                - Maybe Elizabeth was focusing on Rodney as he was running toward the gate in the end, making sure that he made it through? She probably felt quite helpless since they couldn't use the PJ to rescue them. It'd be nice to see her check up on him after everyone makes it back to Atlantis.

And welcome Hulabaloo! BTW, Hans was trying to get everyone here to post their favorite M/W plot bunny that you'd like to see become a story. What's yours?

On that subject, I've got another bunny. I don't think I've seen a fic where Elizabeth cooks some big, elaborate meal for Rodney or v.v. It makes sense though, considering how focused he is on food.

The Storm, i think its were the 'guy' i cant remeber his name is gonna shoot someone, bad memory!
                                You're talking about when
                                Spoiler:
                                Koyla was about to shoot Elizabeth and Rodney stepped in front to save her?
                                Yep, that was a great scene; such a selfless act from a guy who doesn't seem to do that too often. And later when they were out in the rain and he was trying to keep her warm! That stuff is not something you normally see from Rodney, and I find it telling that he primarily acts that way when he's around her.

Comment

Working...
                                X