No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As ordered, One Beckett with a side of McWeir...or should that be the other way around?

Really, cutting out Beckett was just an excuse to stare at DH for a little longer....droooool.....
    Is it bad that I'm jealous that Torri's butt is touching his butt? Perhaps I should get some sleep...
    Last edited by Porthos1013; 05 July 2005, 09:55 PM.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
      As ordered, One Beckett with a side of McWeir...or should that be the other way around?

Really, cutting out Beckett was just an excuse to stare at DH for a little longer....droooool.....
      Is it bad that I'm jealous that Torri's butt is touching his butt? Perhaps I should get some sleep...
      Loved it, lol and thank you! lol, it's not bad! (and besides, his butt does look mighty good in those jeans ) And I have to go get myself some sleep as well Night!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
        I definately worry about that too, but at the same time I am very intrigued at what a 'whipped' McKay might be like. (Uh, relationship-wise not bondage ) We have been slowly seeing a different side to him as he is maturing on Atlantis and I don't see why why shouldn't see yet another side to him in that regard. Just not too soon-let it build...you hear me TPTB! That's part of the reason I'm so excited for Duet. Also, I've read some great fic on Wraithbait where he is still very snarky, yet tender too, in relationships. Albeit that's with Shep, but....you get the point
        Well in season 2
        Spoiler:
        it would appear that he's dating or trying to date this Laura Brown (was that her name?) in Duet and in a later ep (forgot that name too, sigh) he gets miffed when Shep flirts with a new female scientist. So there's going to be plenty of potential to see Rodney in a relationship, or at least casually dating. Of course, I don't see those ships going for long, not only because he's meant for Elizabeth () but because shows in general don't like to keep main characters attached to anyone. I'd imagine his arrogance/impatience/other emotional barriers are going to be responsible for any breakdown of a relationship. That leaves the door open for him to examine (in typical scientist fashion) why he acts this way and maybe think about why he doesn't project these traits as often around Elizabeth...

And I adore the new Rodney/Elizabeth/Carson photo, even with Carson! Rodney seems to have more of the pissed, challenging pose while Elizabeth seems more open and receptive, kinda like good cop/bad cop? Or maybe Rodney's thinking "Back off, she's mine. You wanna go?" (Childhood's End flashbacks here )

And are their bums really touching? Hee hee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          Or maybe Rodney's thinking "Back off, she's mine. You wanna go?"
          LOL! I would love to see Rodney do the whole "jealous, possessive boyfriend" thing, if for no other reason than I think it would be really funny! I can just picture Rodney trying to act all tough to some alien diplomat who's hitting on Elizabeth, and she would just wonder what the heck was wrong with him.

And are their bums really touching? Hee hee hee!
          I think so. If you follow the angle of their legs, it almost looks like they'd be standing heel to heel, so that would make them standing pretty close to each other, and back to back, so their shoulderblades and bums are probably touching. And it's really, really sad that I've analyzed this picture so much. I think the lack of new McWeir vibes has got me going a little bit stir crazy! When are we getting new episodes? Oh yeah, 10 days! Squee!

Comment

LOL! I would love to see Rodney do the whole "jealous, possessive boyfriend" thing, if for no other reason than I think it would be really funny! I can just picture Rodney trying to act all tough to some alien diplomat who's hitting on Elizabeth, and she would just wonder what the heck was wrong with him.
            Oh yes. I'd love to see his reaction to Simon or anyone else that showed even the slightest interest in her. Along those lines, all his romances or attempts at romance so far have taken place offworld so we haven't been able to see her reaction to them either.

Has anyone calculated how many days until Duet?

And more which-icon-is-better games:

Comment

Has anyone calculated how many days until Duet?
              31 Days. Are you at all surprised that the 'queen of countdowns' knows this?

I like the second one better, but I can't read the text in either of them. What does it say?

Comment

Oh my Gosh! That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw that pic too. Oh, to be Torri's bum uh.....

Originally posted by Toasteronfire
                I can't choose...I like them both! And what does the tiny text say....my eyes suck and I have to know
                Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

31 Days. Are you at all surprised that the 'queen of countdowns' knows this?
                  Nope. I'm expecting a Duet countdown sig from you as well. Or maybe I should do one, I dunno.

I like the second one better, but I can't read the text in either of them. What does it say?
                  Ah, the bane of tiny LJ icons with cool itty-bitty text that people (apparently intentionally?) can't read! It says:

"keep me safe, keep me sane, keep me alive"

Comment

Nope. I'm expecting a Duet countdown sig from you as well.
                    Oh, I already have an idea for one. It'll be difficult to pull off, but if I can do it, it should be a real hit, especially on the thunk thread! But it won't be revealed until a week before Duet. (Did you see how I sneakily put a hint or two in there?)

Comment

Oh yes. I'd love to see his reaction to Simon or anyone else that showed even the slightest interest in her. Along those lines, all his romances or attempts at romance so far have taken place offworld so we haven't been able to see her reaction to them either.
                      I believe that's your cue to write som fic from Elizabeth's perspective

I prefer the first one, really. It's quieter and more subtle, just like the ship in the show. Anyway I could get that in a larger size for a wallpaper?
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Hi I'm back (anyone miss me )
                        Got lots to say but catching up on GW takes ages and I saved the best thread for last (but haven't any time to write all I want nor watch the new vid); mainly sorry for no site update and that I don't think both sites can be made by July 15th (besides you wouldn't like me to rush the main site would you?) but that the fic archive should be manageable; hopefully.

And on that note see here - progress. It's not much but it exists (and a big thanks to in circles for the pretty graphics)
                        http://www.mcweir.com/
                        Last edited by Purpleyin; 06 July 2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          And on that note see here - progress. It's not much but it exists (and a big thanks to in circles for the pretty graphics)
                          http://www.mcweir.com/
                          Ah! I can't get it to come up on my computer, all I get is "Cannot find server" message.
                          Can anybody else bring it up, or is it just my stupid computer? (I've been having internet issues lately.)

Comment

Ah! I can't get it to come up on my computer, all I get is "Cannot find server" message.
                            Can anybody else bring it up, or is it just my stupid computer? (I've been having internet issues lately.)
                            Does this work for you either?
                            http://central.mcweir.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                              Does this work for you either?
                              http://central.mcweir.com/
                              Yay! That one works for me! Thanks, Hans!

And I just checked the other one, and it works now, too. Apparently my computer was just staging a temporary McWeir mutiny.

Comment

Yay! That one works for me! Thanks, Hans!

And I just checked the other one, and it works now, too. Apparently my computer was just staging a temporary McWeir mutiny.
                                Could you try them all now? I have a clue what might have been causing the problem and am hoping they should all work now (note that the first two only have frontpages still, just need to confirm my theory of why it might have been not working)
                                central.mcweir.com
                                archive.mcweir.com
                                www.mcweir.com

Comment

Working...
                                X