Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
    Talked to a couple of die-hard Shweir shippers the other night.
    <massive shipper debate snipped >
    Eh, I can poke tons of holes in the S/W ship. Of course, I can also poke holes in the M/W ship when pressed as well, so it's best I don't go there. Still, at this point there isn't too much proof of "my ship is better/more likely to be canon/etc. than yours"; it's all up to interpretation. And my interpretation of season one naturally leads to Rodney/Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    Hi all,
    I have re-watched Sanctuary, and you know that little look Weir gives McKay when he states "I am Mister Discreet" makes me think.
    Just makes me think.
    Thinking is good.
    Have you watched those vids? *prod*
    Are you planning on watching/rewatching season one eps anytime soon? We'd be glad to point out the shippy stuff in them so you can watch for it.
    *rubs hands evilly*

Playing with more icons. I was just curious what you guys thought of these three ones that used the same base. All good? One sticks out as better than the other? I like 'em all of course, but I was wondering what my captive audience thought.

And finally, I'm off to do the FFS! I swear!

Comment

I like this one the best.

And this one the second best.

Yay! FFS! I can't wait!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
      McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
      McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Well, thanks to my completely swamped workday yesterday I had to delay the FFF. So, welcome everyone to the first ever:

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Saturday!!

“Intuition” by Porthos. “Sanctuary Tag, McWeir fluff. It turns out Rodney is allowed to have intuition after all.”

“More Important“ by fififolle (new M/W writer!). “Set after The Eye, just a little scene. Elizabeth and Rodney are both making extra efforts.”

Up to part 6 of “Alive” by Devine27. “Teyla has a brush with death on an off world mission.”

“Forgiveness” by fififolle. “Spoiler for The Siege parts 1&2. McKay is grieving, and Elizabeth and Zelenka lend a hand.”

Up to part of “Dreams” by toryfreelancer. “SHEYLA fic! (but some M/W too) Dreams brought them together, nightmares have been keeping them together. And now they have never been so sure about anything.”

Up to part 9 of “Ancient Devices“ by IsisO'neill-sawyer. “Sg1Atlantis crossover. Jack and John meddle with Ancient technology and end up on another plane of existance. Now its up to the others to save them.”

Up to part 5 of “To Save a City” by Maethorwen of Atlantis. “Atlantis is in trouble again. It’s now up to the children of the original expedition to save the city. 4th in the Second Generation series.”

Up to part 5 of “48 Hours” by McRaider. “It was supposed to be a simple mission, but with John and Rodney, nothing is ever simple. Sixth story in the Atlantis Generation Chronicles.”

Up to part 12 of “Revenge, two sugars, no milk“ by Estellio. “Pay back time, Sheppard style. Sequel to Truth Or Dare. McWeir, Sheyla.”

“I've Never Part Deux” by Totallly Random. “Sequel to I've Never, obviously. Our heroes try to figure out what happened the night before. Includes hangovers, sexual innuendoes, and a violen. Hints of McWeir and Sheyla.”

Oh, and I cannot recommend the next story enough. Seriously, read it. Right now. And it’s by an apparently new M/W writer, so review it with all the love this piece definitely deserves!

“Underneath” by Elnea. “John blames himself for the presumed death of McKay and Weir. Meanwhile, Rodney struggles to save Elizabeth in a forgotten harbor deep in the substructure of Atlantis.”

Comment

Forgot an icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
            Yay! That's at least one person who's been converted to McWeir from the Dark Side.

And I just want to say, I love this part of your sig:

Where on earth did you find that? And I'm curious as to the circumstances that would require a chocolate covered DH...???
            It from a DH/VN Cube interview here: http://www.scifi.com/transcripts/1999/Cube.html

I think he's referring to one of his high school films starring David...if only we could get our hands on a chocolate covered David!! Only in our dreams...
            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              Eh, I can poke tons of holes in the S/W ship. Of course, I can also poke holes in the M/W ship when pressed as well, so it's best I don't go there. Still, at this point there isn't too much proof of "my ship is better/more likely to be canon/etc. than yours"; it's all up to interpretation. And my interpretation of season one naturally leads to Rodney/Elizabeth.

Thinking is good.
              Have you watched those vids? *prod*
              Are you planning on watching/rewatching season one eps anytime soon? We'd be glad to point out the shippy stuff in them so you can watch for it.
              *rubs hands evilly*

We are only upto ep 15 season one.
              But when I can I will

Shepp/Weir no I don't see that either.

Comment

Shepp/Weir no I don't see that either.
                Hmmm...I wonder if it's easier to convert someone to see McKay/Weir if they also see Shep/Weir of if they see no ship at all. Thoughts?

And please keep in mind that all this "conversion" talk is tongue-in-cheek. I want people to honesty see and enjoy M/W on their own and not ever feel pressured to like it. I don't have the need to convert others to my ship; I'm having a good enough time with the other shippers on the thread who feel the same way. And even if you never ever understand M/W Rose, you're still always welcome here.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  Hmmm...I wonder if it's easier to convert someone to see McKay/Weir if they also see Shep/Weir of if they see no ship at all. Thoughts?

And please keep in mind that all this "conversion" talk is tongue-in-cheek. I want people to honesty see and enjoy M/W on their own and not ever feel pressured to like it. I don't have the need to convert others to my ship; I'm having a good enough time with the other shippers on the thread who feel the same way. And even if you never ever understand M/W Rose, you're still always welcome here.
                  I second that. I know I mentioned "converting" S/W shippers, but it's all in good fun. I love S/W shippers, even if I don't always understand them, and they don't always understand me. Meeting new people and experiencing different points of view among the fans is one of the things I love about GW, and I don't want S/W and M/W to become the divisive factor amongst the fans, like Sam/Jack was on SG-1. Love and let love, people!

Comment

You are all too kind with the video feedback. Thank you LittleKnux2008, CoffeeGirl, and Porthos1013! And, sorry about the download Fanwoman. I don't know what that could be.

I loved them both holding up fingers near the end, I never noticed that before! Perhaps Weir's been hanging out with Rodney too much and has picked up some of his mannerisms? What ep was that from?
                    That's from The Gift. It is nice to see Elizabeth talking with her hands a little like Rodney does all the time.

Interesting conversation about ships on Atlantis. I personally see Mckay/Weir, Sheppard/Weir, and Teyla/Sheppard. . .and it is fun to hear what everyone has to say about them, as they are all largely subjective at this point. As in real life, there can be flirtation and unresolved sexual tension between many individuals, especially where respect is the foundation for these as-of-yet platonic relationships. I'm not a big fan of OTP (one true pairing) and love different perspectives on all my ships.

So, Drwho'srose, may you continue on your quest. Let us know what you find.

Comment

I second that. I know I mentioned "converting" S/W shippers, but it's all in good fun. I love S/W shippers, even if I don't always understand them, and they don't always understand me. Meeting new people and experiencing different points of view among the fans is one of the things I love about GW, and I don't want S/W and M/W to become the divisive factor amongst the fans, like Sam/Jack was on SG-1. Love and let love, people!
                      Hey girls/guys I have my toungue planted firmly in my cheek with most things I post in this forum and most other forums but yes I do know that humour can be subjective .

I have no probs with the shipper things, really I don't, I just wanted some hard proof and yes I do realize that is not going to happen so much on the show as it is in my head or yours you crazy people. Again tounge in cheek!

Keep up the Shipper I am enjoying.

Infact I will be looking very hard at all the remaining eps of SGA S1 for those tell tale signs, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                        if only we could get our hands on a chocolate covered David!! Only in our dreams...
                        Well, no chocolate-covered David, but next season we'll be seeing 'more' of him. (From SG magazine:
                        Spoiler:
                        "What are the politics of having two people vying for control of a body?" Wryly, he adds, "And of course, it being McKay's body, who'd want it anyway?" Plenty of fans would disagree with him, but Hewlett laughs self-consciously at teh suggestion. "Well, they may be seeing some more of it in this episode! God help them all, I say. That's why I'm having fruit for desert today!"

Agreed! Sorry if I came off as S/W-hater; I'm not; I don't mind it (heck, I've written a couple of S/W stories). I still think it's far too early for a "real" relationship on Atlantis (though
                        Spoiler:
                        Teyla and John are supposedly getting together in season 2...
                        ).

I hear they suspended Atlantis for a while in Australia, with like six episodes left of Season 1.

-Liz
                        (who is now happy that she doesn't live in Australia )

Comment

Okay, let's get some lovely McKay/Weir discussion going! In the interest of our new thread members and "converting" () people to McWeir, let's all share our stories of how we became McWeir shippers! I'll go first:

I wasn't sure I would even like Atlantis, so I promised myself I would reserve judgement until after the first season. Well, by the second episode (Hide and Seek) McKay was my fave character, and by miseason I was hooked! I really didn't see anything until mid-season, in The Eye.
                          Spoiler:
                          There were so many McWeir moments, like when Rodney stepped in front of the gun, and had his arm around her.
                          But Shep was also really concerned for her, and I remember thinking, "Hey, that's not right. She's supposed to be with Rodney!" And it hit me like a ton of bricks that I had shipped the two of them without even realizing it, because it just seemed so obvious to me! So I did some searching and came up with some wonderful fics, (including Hans' wonderful BIS tags) which convinced me there was a supportive fan base for the ship (and I could therefore feed my fanfic addiction ). So by BIS I was convinced!

EDIT: Yay! Look at my new sig! <does happy dance>
                          Last edited by Porthos1013; 04 July 2005, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I hear they suspended Atlantis for a while in Australia, with like six episodes left of Season 1. -Liz
                            Well it is back on 14th July so it is all good again. Plus StarGate SG-1 is not far behind either so I am happy about that too. David will be in Australia in November so that is good too. I can't go see him though, that is not so good . I am hoping that the channel that screens SGA will try and get an interview, well I can dream.

Now this Shipper Elizabeth cracks me up, I think she would be the perfect match for McKay (yes I have changed my tune) I think they are reminding me of and I know you may not agree, but I think they are reminding me of Mulder & Scully.

I will elaborate on that later.

Comment

I still think it's far too early for a "real" relationship on Atlantis (though
                              Spoiler:
                              Teyla and John are supposedly getting together in season 2...
                              ).
                              -Liz
                              I heard that rumor too...apparently something Rachel said in an interview maybe? Gotta say, I'm 100% fine with that cause
                              Spoiler:
                              it leaves Weir free for Mckay- noit that I want them to hook up right away either. I'm up for a realistic, long term thing as well Course, I can't say I wouldn't have liked a bit of McShWeir for angsty purposes, but there's plenty in fic to keep me happy.

PORTHOS- Looove the sig! These last few days will be so much fun now!
                              Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                              :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Okay, let's get some lovely McKay/Weir discussion going! In the interest of our new thread members and "converting" () people to McWeir, let's all share our stories of how we became McWeir shippers!
                                Always a fun topic.
                                I saw it first in Hide and Seek. I found it interesting that Rodney immediately defended himself to Elizabeth, not Shep, when the shield fell off. Later when he
                                Spoiler:
                                saved the city from the smoke alien I swear he darted a final look at Elizabeth when he was sneaking away. Her yell and obvious concern along with her keeping her hand on his chest for wayyyy too long cemented the ship for me.

Of course, I missed Rising the first time around, but I imagine their little banter in the beginning of the ep along with him going out of his way to reassure her later on Atlantis would have gotten my gears turning.

Now this Shipper Elizabeth cracks me up, I think she would be the perfect match for McKay (yes I have changed my tune) I think they are reminding me of and I know you may not agree, but I think they are reminding me of Mulder & Scully.
                                I'm definitely interested in hearing about that! Funny though, I always saw Mulder as more the "I want to believe" type while Scully was more the "it's true if science can verify it" type. So would that make Rodney Scully? Hee hee hee.

Oh, and Arlessiar over on the thunk thread made this delightful screencap:

"Have I got a birthday suprise for you! Close your eyes and lean closer. Ah ah, no peeking!"

So damn cute. Notice how his hand is practically identical to her hand in my copycat icon?

Comment

Working...
                                X