No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to stop by and say that my new job sucks! Not that I don't love being a glorified babysitter of bratty miscreants for 9 long hours a day, but I'm very happy to come home and log on GW forum, and see my beloved M/W ship thread and McKay thunk thread. You guys make my day.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
      I just wanted to stop by and say that my new job sucks! Not that I don't love being a glorified babysitter of bratty miscreants for 9 long hours a day, but I'm very happy to come home and log on GW forum, and see my beloved M/W ship thread and McKay thunk thread. You guys make my day.
      Awww. Hope you're doing okay. I think we need some M/W caps or something - emergency shipping to cheer Porthos! (and you always know if you ask nice Watcher hands out McKay thunkable caps over there )
      Originally posted by Cory Holmes
      ... you're evil, you know that?
      Yes, I know. I definitely know. But as luck has it the deadline for the OT3 ficathon was June 15th, not me mistakenly thinking July 15th... (as a few actually are, I'm losing track) and so I've got to write the fic this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Spoiler:

I suppose the kiss pic could be another Weir/Sumner type one but can't tell. We know he gets at least one kiss in Duet, from the promo and it loks like he may well get 3 (or more) if you believe the pics, the promo and the spoilers from the article. Guess he'll be well practiced after that, all the better for Elizabeth...
        Spoiler:
        Was the Weir/Sumner pic actually released as spoilers last year before the ep was shown? That is sneaky and downright evil! But also kinda nice because it ensures surprise when that show airs.

Cause I'm OT and it is the McKay/Weir thread....

I don't know why but this pick has always tugged at my heart. McKay's all wumped and looks left out and sad that Weir is turned towards Shep talking to HIM.
        Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
        :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

You do realise it's not a matter of kissing up? I need inspiration... hmm, now if only there was a Sam/Rodney (or even better Sam/Rodney/Elizabeth) vid out there.
          With all these wonderful discussions, vid ideas, and vids to watch, I'm flirting with the possibility of making one. Sam/Rodney? Elizabeth/Rodney? Sam/Rodney/Elizabeth? Choices, choices.

Did I mention I'm a complete amateur who really should watch and admire rather than attempt? You are all such bad influences.

Sorry to hear about the job Porthos. . .Think of how close we are now to season two though! Less than a month!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirnonenath
            With all these wonderful discussions, vid ideas, and vids to watch, I'm flirting with the possibility of making one. Sam/Rodney? Elizabeth/Rodney? Sam/Rodney/Elizabeth? Choices, choices.

Did I mention I'm a complete amateur who really should watch and admire rather than attempt? You are all such bad influences.
            Hehe. We encourage newbies so don't worry, we know we're evil.

And guys, emergencyfan (the SGA ficwriter) has done captions for some of the s2 pics. I mention it here because one's a funny sort of ship one.
            http://www.emergencyfans.com/atlantis/justforfun.htm

Comment

I've only done two vids so far, so I'm almost as much of an amateur as you are, so don't worry too much.

But as luck has it the deadline for the OT3 ficathon was June 15th, not me mistakenly thinking July 15th... (as a few actually are, I'm losing track) and so I've got to write the fic this weekend!
              I'm still rather gleefully offering to preread those for you. It'll be such a hard job, but somehow I'll find the fortitude to do it.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              Oh yeah, forgot about that one! That may be my fav OT3 so far, even though there's less of a fanbase for that compared to M/S/W. Plus it involves Rodney/Sam and Rodney/Elizabeth. What's not to like?
              My thoughts exactly. We get the amazing sparks between Rodney and Sam, plus we get the patience and caring between Elizabeth and Rodney. Just need to work out a link between Elizabeth and Sam.

Originally posted by CoryHolmes
              It's so hard, having so much good stuff to read that I can't tell what I'm looking forward to the most. More McKay/Carter sparks, more McWeir goodness, possibly watching Carter and Weir discuss their favourite Canuck scientist, Brotherhood Hurting (got some ideas about that for a story of my own, actually), not to mention the Comfort that comes after.
              That one in particular would be a great story...
              I have to admit that since you posted this, a plot bunny has snuck up on me, leapt onto my back and latched it's teeth into my flesh with a fervor that would make a Wraith proud. I see fit to blame you for my current predicament.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I'm still rather gleefully offering to preread those for you. It'll be such a hard job, but somehow I'll find the fortitude to do it.

My thoughts exactly. We get the amazing sparks between Rodney and Sam, plus we get the patience and caring between Elizabeth and Rodney. Just need to work out a link between Elizabeth and Sam.
                Well I've done it - first draft finished. Needs alpa/beta-reading. Had some problems with it, mainly because they asked for lots of Sam/Elizabeth and I get the feeling most people expect OT3 to equal smut. I was wanting to do it from a female PoV but went for Rodney in order to get what was requested. I'm not sure if it works because you don't see much 'action', it's more teasing but I think maybe there'll be too much teasing and too little smut for peope's liking. Just me trying to make OT3 not all about smut. Also not sure quite how to work out the why of Sam/Elizabeth but I've tried to get some sort of idea in there... Let me know when and how you want to get the story Cory.

Comment

Well I've done it - first draft finished. Needs alpa/beta-reading. Had some problems with it, mainly because they asked for lots of Sam/Elizabeth and I get the feeling most people expect OT3 to equal smut. I was wanting to do it from a female PoV but went for Rodney in order to get what was requested. I'm not sure if it works because you don't see much 'action', it's more teasing but I think maybe there'll be too much teasing and too little smut for peope's liking. Just me trying to make OT3 not all about smut. Also not sure quite how to work out the why of Sam/Elizabeth but I've tried to get some sort of idea in there...
                  Nothing wrong with non-smut OT3. It'd be a pleasant change than the expected. In fact, a WAFFy story is probably the best; leave the smut for the sequel

I would've enjoyed seeing the story from the female perspective, since most of the McWeir fanfic I've read is from Rodney's perspective as are the very tiny amounts of Rodney/Sam fics that I've found.

Still, if it comes from you, it's going to be great. This much is a given

Let me know when and how you want to get the story Cory.
                  Um... is "now" an acceptable answer? If you could email it, send it me and I'll get right on it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing wrong with non-smut OT3. It'd be a pleasant change than the expected. In fact, a WAFFy story is probably the best; leave the smut for the sequel

I would've enjoyed seeing the story from the female perspective, since most of the McWeir fanfic I've read is from Rodney's perspective as are the very tiny amounts of Rodney/Sam fics that I've found.

Still, if it comes from you, it's going to be great. This much is a given
                    Ah but you haven't seen my fic before it gets beta'ed have you! I think it''s probably R rated, any smut is mostly implied.

But what's WAFFy?

And yeah it's from Rodney's PoV because I'm not very good with Sam at all and I didn't know what to do for Elizabeth to explain the Sam/Elizabeth... I'm going to do some Elizabeth PoV smut for my next smut fic - the sequel to the dream one - it's been very hard to write because it's M/W smut but there's only Elizabeth involved... also hoping to try doing my angsty M/W/G plot bunny sometime, possibly from her PoV.

Anyway, enough on the smut, I'm going to get lunch. Phew, it's really hot today all of a sudden, summer decided to come back to the UK! Lunch and then betaing and then site stuff.

Comment

*waves at lurkers too* Wonder if we can tempt any to delurk somehow?

Well I'll do that update very soon (been betareading and um, fanficwriting today - didn't mean to but it just came out and ended up writing 2 ficlets... ). Infact got plenty for everyone else to do, but still it all depends on me buying domain/hosting, setting it up, making the sites and then after wards putting it all up. Right now the designs are troubling and any good designs might require scaling down the banners for the fic archive at least. Should be able to do the update on how you can help tomorow. You've been doing the Glossary and FAQ haven't you Toaster? I think someone else said they were doing character files but not seen anything of them Well anyway I'm listing all the things that need doing that people can contribute to in the update.
                      I never mind delaying a website update if it means more to read!
                      And yes, I've been working on the glossary and FAQ. I posted the glossary a while ago here and I think there were only a few recommendations from you, so I just have to edit them and then I'll email it over. Likewise, I have all the Qs picked for the FAQ and now I'm just fine-tuning the answers. I'll post it here and at the yahoo group so everyone can read it.
                      I did say I was going to do McKay and Weir character files but those have been pushed way back. I would like to get to them eventually though. I assume that they can always be added later once the website goes up? Lots of stuff on the website can be under construction for a while; I just think the fanfic archive needs to get running so authors can add their old stuff and submit their new stories.
                      I'll help with the design if I can, but I'm not sure what needs work.

I don't forget about them. It's just that I am highly anticipating two fics from said System Lord, so I'm doing my best to kiss up now and get them here faster
                      Ah yes, that Sam/Rodney/Elizabeth one should be awfully interesting. Hans, I think you're the first to write one of those. The pressure! Just think, you could start a new ship frenzy ala "Of Chocolate and Boxers"!!
                      Sounds like it's going to be smut though with deeper emotional stuff like we talked about earlier, plus from a gal's POV? Ack, what a toughie. The S/R and E/R is easy writing, but I'm still stumped on the S/E connection. It'll be interesting to see how you write it.

Comment

I never mind delaying a website update if it means more to read!
                        And yes, I've been working on the glossary and FAQ. I posted the glossary a while ago here and I think there were only a few recommendations from you, so I just have to edit them and then I'll email it over. Likewise, I have all the Qs picked for the FAQ and now I'm just fine-tuning the answers. I'll post it here and at the yahoo group so everyone can read it.
                        I did say I was going to do McKay and Weir character files but those have been pushed way back. I would like to get to them eventually though. I assume that they can always be added later once the website goes up? Lots of stuff on the website can be under construction for a while; I just think the fanfic archive needs to get running so authors can add their old stuff and submit their new stories.
                        I'll help with the design if I can, but I'm not sure what needs work.

Ah yes, that Sam/Rodney/Elizabeth one should be awfully interesting. Hans, I think you're the first to write one of those. The pressure! Just think, you could start a new ship frenzy ala "Of Chocolate and Boxers"!!
                        Sounds like it's going to be smut though with deeper emotional stuff like we talked about earlier, plus from a gal's POV? Ack, what a toughie. The S/R and E/R is easy writing, but I'm still stumped on the S/E connection. It'll be interesting to see how you write it.
                        Well if you don't mind I could open up the character file stuff to everyone, incase anyone else has the time to do it. I know not everything needs finishing by the site launch but I would like the basics covered and anything else done by then it a bonus. And yes, the fic archive is the main priority.

As for the OT3 - been working on it today after I got an email last night asking where my summission was for the ficathon. It ended up Rodney PoV rather than the female PoV I was hoping to do and I don't think I really tackled the S/E stuff well enough - certainly not got a definite angle on it but as I said before I tried.
                        But I'm not the first to do M/W/C - another person got an assignment for it and it's already up. There are also a couple of M/W/S OT3 fics from the ficathon.
                        http://www.livejournal.com/users/wis...le/482005.html

Cory has my OT3 to go over and really right now I should be betareading or doing the site update but I'm getting distracted by unfinished fics and plot bunnies - just starting a M/W K/W song fic. I swear I can't go a few hours without finding a song that demands a fic or suddenly inspires the mood to help with a started fic.

Comment

Well, you gotta start somewhere! Thanks to the people here I've tried my hand at fanfic writing and making modified pics. Never done it before, but it's quite fun and gets the creative juices flowing!
                          And you know we'll love anything you put out! (Plus the Sam/Rodney shippers would love it too if you end up doing one of them, so make sure to post it in that thread too!)

And guys, emergencyfan (the SGA ficwriter) has done captions for some of the s2 pics. I mention it here because one's a funny sort of ship one.
                          http://www.emergencyfans.com/atlantis/justforfun.htm
                          Oh thanks, now I can't ever look at a stethoscope the same way again.

And a shippy pic for Porthos!

Comment

But what's WAFFy?
                            Warm And Fuzzy Feeling-y.
                            sigpic

Comment

One week down, one week closer to the season premiere! Until then, we have…

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!

“The Price of Cowardice” by aaobuttons. “The last moments of Siege part 2 from Rodney's perspective and then what happens after.”

Complete “Inversions” by tielan. “in•ver•sion n. An interchange of position of adjacent objects in a sequence, especially a change in normal word order, such as the placement of a verb before its subject. Darkfic. Alternate Universe. (ship if you look).”

“Gyroscope” by A.j. “Elizabeth hates Tuesdays.” (not a strict ship piece, but some funny M/W interaction)

Up to part 5 of “What Went Wrong” by Strawberry Cupcake. “A girl shows up on Atlantis from the future who's had a haunting past. Can she get home?”

Up to part 3 of “Home Is Where the Heart Is” by Donna Lynn (new McWeir writer!) “It's been five years since the Atlantis expedition came to the Pegasus system. How have things changed for everyone?”

Up to part 5 of “Jeans and Genes” by Starlite1. “When Dr. Elizabeth Weir undergoes the ATA Gene therapy, she gets quite a bit more than she bargained for...”

Up to part 34 of “The Puppet Master” by cybersyd42. “The Atlantis crew fear McKay's genius has slipped into insanity. Are their worst fears realised, or is there something sinister at work?”

Up to part 3 of “48 Hours” by McRaider. “It was supposed to be a simple mission, but with John and Rodney, nothing is ever simple. Sixth story in the Atlantis Generation Chronicles.”

Up to part 3 (complete?) of “Alive” by Devine27 (new McWeir writer!). “Teyla has a brush with death on an off world mission.”

And finally…
                              The first ever McWeir song written by cellomantiker! “Of Self-Destroying Obsessions”

Comment

Cory has my OT3 to go over and really right now I should be betareading or doing the site update but I'm getting distracted by unfinished fics and plot bunnies - just starting a M/W K/W song fic.
                                Cory has just finished prereading your fic and has sent the report in two PMs to you. Stupid PM had to be split up because it was too long otherwise.

I would've gotten back to you sooner, but I kinda fell asleep since I work graveyard shift two days out of five and it really screws with my sleeping patterns

I swear I can't go a few hours without finding a song that demands a fic or suddenly inspires the mood to help with a started fic.
                                And that's bad for us... how?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X