No announcement yet.

Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We seem to get lots of storms, tornadoes, fires and such here in the US each year. It is good to see and hear the stories though that come out of the tragedies that remind us about how important life is and how giving our neighbors can be.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
      Look, we're thunking twins. Wasn't RDA a doc in that soap? And Mark Harmon in that show, what was it--Emergency or something?

Ooooh, can I make it thunking triplets?!?! RDA and Mark Harmon - what a combination!!

Love Mark in NCIS, but the first series I saw him in was 240-Robert, with Joanna Cassidy and John Bennett Perry.

Hey, he got to ride in a helicopter all the time in that show, and gets to do a fair bit in NCIS too - so does that make him an honorary flyboy?!?

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
        We seem to get lots of storms, tornadoes, fires and such here in the US each year. It is good to see and hear the stories though that come out of the tragedies that remind us about how important life is and how giving our neighbors can be.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/DSC_0118.jpg

HOLY HANNAH!! What a day to come back.. I don't have above picture.. Bay!! Thank you, Thank you!!

Long time no see.. It's been a busy week.. finally two days off, sorta, gotta clean my house now

Psst.. Bailey, continue posting "Continuum" while I play catch-up Thanks!
        Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
        sigpic
        Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Mark Harmon is awesome and a cutie!

Glad to brighten your morning, Two LL's.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
            I agree. No big disasters where I've lived that personally affected me. I grew up in Florida with hurricanes. Texas has tornadoes. I was once trapped in a bathroom with my sister, her husband, my nephew and a rabbit for 2 hours. At least we had the cordless phone so I could call work to tell them why I was going to be late.

Sounds like an interesting couple of hours!

I remember that 1987 storm very well. The winds were so strong that they pulled a concrete post out of our garden fence, and sent it through our neighbour's greenhouse!

Cate
            sigpic

Comment

Have to go shopping shortly... not a fan of shopping... of any kind.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                I will meet him this March! omg omg omg! yay!
                I went all the way to Germany to see him thinking that he doesn't typically do cons in the states; then he ended up coming to DragonCon - 4 hours away Oh well, at least I got to see Kavan too.

sigpic

Comment

Need to go shower and such for the day. Will check back in with you all later.

sigpic

Comment

Look, we're thunking twins. Wasn't RDA a doc in that soap? And Mark Harmon in that show, what was it--Emergency or something?
                    RDA played Dr. Jeff Webber on General Hospital.

Mark Harmon played Dr. Bobby Caldwell on St. Elsewhere (a womanizing creep who came down with AIDS.) Harmon also played a paramedic/cop on 240-Robert, Deputy "Thib" Thibadeaux. His scariest role was as Ted Bundy (not to be confused with Al Bundy. ). He learned sign language for his role in Reasonable Doubts (which I loved!) That skill has been used on several eps of NCIS in scenes with Abby (her parents are deaf).

Comment

Yeah I used to watch General Hospital back in the day, when he was on it. Dr. Jeff Webber was his character's name. Used to watch it after getting off the bus from school.

Mark was on Chicago Hope and St. Elsewhere, and while I love him in NCIS, I didn't watch either of those shows.. I do remember him on Flamingo Road back in the early 80's.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
                        I went all the way to Germany to see him thinking that he doesn't typically do cons in the states; then he ended up coming to DragonCon - 4 hours away Oh well, at least I got to see Kavan too.

Love that picture, Bay, with both of them laughing! It looks like someone's told Kavan a really dirty joke!

Cate
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post

Crap I damn near fell outta my chair!
                          http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ToddDell20.jpg
                          What is that?
                          Looks to me like 3 socks, a t-shirt and something with black lace.
                          Originally posted by Aang View Post
                          ...Sitting in the den with my aunt and uncle...and not wishing to explain why I just burst out laughing!
                          LOL!! Been there, done that!!

*takes Dell's hand and both bow*

We do try!!!

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...epp/shep16.jpg
                          Good Job
                          sigpic

Comment

240 Robert, that was it!

Yeah, the first year after we moved back to Florida, we had the "Big 3" hit--Charley, Francis, and Jeanne. During Hurricane Charley, we were hunkered down in our hallway and bathroom (there were six of us, including my in-laws, who live in a manufactured home). Lightning hit a nearby transformer and it blew, but we could barely hear it over the wind. Our big porch sliding glass doors were bowing in and all we could do was put a mattress up to catch the glass if it broke. Little Bear was only about 2 1/2 and he still remembers it to this day. Years before that, we were holed up at a Disney hotel (me, hubby, Big Bear (the teen), my SIL & my in-laws). Hubby & FIL were working all night, handing out emergency supplies; that was the one that actually had Disney close for the day and wound up being not much for us in our area (Floyd maybe?). The first year we lived here was the year the F3 tornado destroyed a lot of lakefront property in Kissimmee (a stone's throw from our apartment). We've dealt with fires being within a couple miles as well. I love Florida.

You're right about one thing, though--these things bring out the best and the worst in people. I do love hearing the stories of people helping people who are less fortunate than themselves. Hope everyone stays safe and that the fires are put out soon.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post

Finally, that was almost three pages without my Silver Fox.. WHOA!!
                              sigpic

Comment

There's not enough alcohol in the world to make me forget that!!!

Or this...

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...benleather.jpg

Nice!!

(and then you wonder why I have someone at the left side of my sigline!!)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X