• Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Maybe by Spring I'll finally be a Captain...

Comment

Hi WW...

Comment

I should be writing the last chapter of Never Far Away...but alas, I am not.

Comment

Ah...in lurk mode, I see...

Comment

Hi FG! I was in catch-up mode, actually. Trying to catch up on the last six pages since my last post. Finished writing a slash for a festival I'm co-modding on LJ in the Robin Hood fandom. Did a bit of homework, but I'm falling behind. I was supposed to catch it all up this week-end, but business, kids, & hubby foiled my plans. Will be in lurk mode for a bit as I go off to try to catch up on my erotic fiction writing class, which is the only one I'm behind in.

Spoiler:
                        We're also just starting the process for buying a home--have to see what we can afford and stay with our kids in their current schools. We'll need tons of good luck & need to rely on someone else's bad luck, as the only thing in our range in our area are foreclosures and short-sales. We still want to move north, but have wasted enough years in a rental waiting for Mr. WW's bosses to give him a transfer. His job's too good to quit & the bosses know how desperately we want the transfer. Even told them about the whole thing with my mom and the Alzheimer's and me the only kid. I guess the managers they have up north are just holding on. So long as they don't give the job to someone else when it becomes available--that'll be hubby looking for a new job.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

WW, sorry to hear about your mom. Good luck with the buying a home. Another thing you might try is purchasing a home in a tax sale. Sometimes you can get a home dirt cheap that way.

Comment

FYI I live in North Texas and its snowing.

Comment

Thanks, FG. She's not diagnosed, but all signs are pointing emphatically in that direction.

Re: home buying.
                              Spoiler:
                              We unfortunately are very limited due to the fact that we are unwilling to move the boys from their schools until and unless we move out of state, and also by our income. Hubby does pretty well with his job and I do okay with my business, but it shows as a loss on the taxes after all is said and done--mileage counted, business tools taken off of the income, etc. The tax sale thing might work, too. We live in the less affluent section of an affluent section of the city, if that makes sense. With any luck, I'll be the next "hot" thing in publishing or we'll win the lottery or something by the end of the year. Guess I'd better get my writing butt in gear.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X