Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
    Spoke too soon, flight delayed about an hour or so. They're waiting on the inbound flight.
    Too bad you couldn't spend that hour with KS.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
      Too bad you couldn't spend that hour with KS.
      Really. Even though I spent more individual one on one time with him in Germany than I have before, it's never enough.

Besides I was fine until I hit Chicago. All that sitting around in the airport made me really tired, and it was cold in there so I was really uncomfortable.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
        Yeah I agree about swearing not a big deal, but my mother is sensitive about it, so I have to be careful or else listen to my mother lecture if Brandon or I do it in front of her. Especially the f-bomb. Most other words don't bother her. Most of my swearing is done in the car, so I'm sure Brandon picked up a lot of it. I just think that at such a young age, most kids do not have a censor on their mouth so don't know when it's not appropriate. I think they are naive to think that kids that young understand the difference, as all they see is that it's ok for Mom and Dad to do it and kids will mimic what they see and hear.

From another talk, I remember Kavan saying that they didn't swear in front of his mother (at least when he was younger). I wonder how they keep the kids from swearing in front of his mother or if they even try, lol.
        When they were younger, I definitely tried to curb my language, but it was very, very, very difficult for me. I had a few handicaps working against me, though--I'm from Connecticut (not the ritzy section, the working class section), I worked as a waitress for many years (if people could hear the language from the back of the house in most restaurants, they'd skedaddle with their hands over their kids' ears) & I hung out with waitresses and cooks after work. Add to that that we're not a very religious family (despite my pastor grandfather), so there's no real guilt happening. Not much anyway. But the teen didn't start swearing (in front of me) until he was about 14 or 15 and none of us swears in front of my parents and hubby's parents.

Lots of great pictures, Cam! Thanks for sharing. RDA looks so adorable in that hat.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Thanks for all the sharing, Cam. Those are some great photos your friend got and it was fun to see the different group shots as well.
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

CAM!!! thanks for all the reports and pics... {{{HUGS}}}
                          sigpic

Comment

OMG just looked at my FanFic to read list!!!!! I have alot to read.. and I see a few Cam stories in the mix *YEA*
                            sigpic

Comment

I know someone knows how to get FanFic on Kindle.. does anyone know how to get FanFic on NOOK???
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brneyestx View Post
                                I know someone knows how to get FanFic on Kindle.. does anyone know how to get FanFic on NOOK???
                                Hey girlie... the best I have found is flagfic. It is very easy to use. For the NOOk, the format you will want to use is EPUB. I have a tut I can send you on how to use it, but really, it is quite user friendly and only about 3 short steps.

I'll text you later and help you if you want.

Also... the mobile edition of fanfiction.net works pretty good on the Kindle... I'd imagine the same is true for the Nook.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X