• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shucks. Missed you, WW.

Comment

Are you lurking, WW?

Comment

OMG! Totally cool! Am watching Jodie Picault's Salem Falls right now. Not only is the movie based in Salem, MA (known for the witch trials, of course, so of special interest to moi), but one of the stars is Sarah Carter, who is my Nia. this is the first time I've heard her voice and seen her actually moving, instead of in stills. Awesome! More ITB inspiration! Spoilered, 'cause it's not one of our flyboys.

Spoiler:
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

That is cool. Though I doubt I'll ever see my Shannon from Turning the Page live unless she does movies in English.

Comment

And before that was The Preacher's Wife, with Michael Shanks. Not a flyboy, but still... It's been a nice, relaxing day.

sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
              That is cool. Though I doubt I'll ever see my Shannon from Turning the Page live unless she does movies in English.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...11QA_00103.jpg
              The only annoying part is that once again, Wicca is being cast in a negative light and used by vindictive teen-agers.

sigpic

Comment

Put heated matress pads on the kids beds today!! So very cold.

sigpic

Comment

Had a great time at the con. Sorry it's over. Don't want to go home or back to work.

Today started with Breakfast with 9 different actors, including Kavan and Ben. It ran late. The time with Kavan was way too short. He told a story that just happened yesterday, I think. He's here in LA with his wife and sons. They're staying in an hotel in Disneyland. Yesterday they went to Disney and his wife talked him into riding one adult ride. After asking others what ride to go on, he decided to go on the Tower of Terror. Now he didn't know what exactly the ride was, but after seeing it, he decided it had something to do with fire. Sitting next to him on the ride was this big burly extremely hairy man that had on extremely short shorts. Well the ride went up, and he was waiting for the fire, and so, when the ride dropped, he said he grabbed the man's leg and screamed like a girl........ He apologized to the guy and got off. Of course the cameras they have on the ride captured the moment......

The actual Q&A is a blur in mind, but he did demonstrate the "Andy" smile.

Said he could hold it for hours. I have more pics, but I've got to re-size them and figure out which ones aren't too blurry.

After he was done, Eddie was up, and once that was over it was time for autographs.

Kavan mentioned the he saw me smiling in the audience, and said he liked to make me laugh.

After that was the photo-ops which were very quick.

The meet and greet was great. Nici and I had decided that we would try to get Kavan to sit between us, and most of the other people didn't have a problem with that, except one guy that wanted to argue with us as he wanted Kavan to sit next to him. Not sure exactly why, but I think he thought that since he had a VIP pass that he was entitled to get what he wanted. He kept asking Nici to move over next to me so that Kavan could sit between him and Nici. Nici thankfully didn't move, and when Kavan came in I told him to sit there in the chair next to me. He did (YEAH). The guy said that Kavan could sit in the chair next to him if he wanted, but Kavan declined, saying he did what he was told. The guy ended up with Saul next to him. Not sure why he was so insistent that Kavan had to sit next to him. He didn't want Saul or Eddie, just Kavan. After a very strange conversation that spanned sex, religion and the politics of television and the internet (most of which had Kavan asking Nici and I did we know what they were talking about) it was quickly over. We got a pic with the entire group. Personally I like the ones they did yesterday, with one fan with all the actors.

After the pic, I went up to Kavan and told him I had something for him. I handed him a small Care Bear figure (Brn and Postie know the story behind it, but suffice it to say that it referenced a naughty story he told at Chicago's M&G). He looked at it, laughed, and called me a comedian, but also said it was good seeing me again, and I got a goodbye hug.

That was the end of the con. I went and got the pics from the photo-ops and am back in the room.. Still have to finish packing as the plane leaves at 11am tomorrow.

Will try to remember more specifics from his Q&A and I've got more pics to upload. I may have time to resize them on the plane. But we'll see.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow! Sounds like fun! Wish they would come to the Dallas area.

Comment

Sounds like you had an amazing time, Cam. Glad you got to spend some very unique moments with Kavan. Can't wait to see a few more pics when you have the time. Grinning right now as I think about that Disney ride though

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                        Sounds like you had an amazing time, Cam. Glad you got to spend some very unique moments with Kavan. Can't wait to see a few more pics when you have the time. Grinning right now as I think about that Disney ride though
                        He said that he had a hard time detaching from the man's leg because of the hair. Said it was like velcro, lolol

Oh, and Ben actually introduced his family to the con. It was a very special moment. Told us again about his wife's cancer and had most of us tearing up when he described having to shave her head. Then he brought out his son, daughter and wife on stage. We were standing at the back, so I think I only got one pic from his Q&A that is somewhat ok. Have to work on it though before I can post it. It's kind of dark if I remember correctly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cam...I'm glad you had a good time with Kavan. I bet your heart was pounding. He sounds like such a nice guy. Love Kavan's experience on Tower of Terror and that he screamed like a girl. Too cute!

sigpic
                          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

A few more things from the M&G.

Eddie related that someone had told him that he was the poor man's Ben Browder. He didn't even know who Ben was, so someone enlightened him by showing him the Farsape DVD's they had. Saul said he had worked with him on SG-1. Turns out it was Michael that he had worked with, showing again how much the two resembled one another.

Eddie also told of this reporter that asked him to re-tweet this article he had written about the con in Australia Eddie and Colin had been to recently. They had both donned white tee-shirts and wrote on them, then auctioned them off. The article said that Colin's tee-shirt had gotten much more than Eddie's. As if that wasn't enough, the guy then proceeded to say that while he wasn't gay, he noticed that when Colin took off the shirt, that he was really built, like a tank was what he said. I thought Kavan was going to split a gut. He couldn't believe anyone would describe Colin that way. In fact, during his Q&A he said that Colin was like a bird. The article ended by saying that Eddie wasn't that well built. Eddie was like "and this guy wants me to re-tweet this??"

One supposed fan, told Kavan that he was a show killer and told him not to go on WH13 as it would get the show cancelled. He's like jeez, thanks. Of course then I got to console him with a pat on the back.

During his Q&A he mentioned that he had just got off work Friday from a guest spot but I can't remember what the show was. He was supposed to be done on Thursday, but the main actress got sick, so they told Kavan he had to stay and work Friday. He refused as he had to be here, so then they tried to bribe him. He ended up with the Penthouse suite at the Disneyland hotel they were going to stay at, and business class for he, his wife and two boys. He was surprised that they were going to pay business class for his 18 month old. His wife and son then got food poisoning on Friday, so he said he didn't have any sleep before this con either (with all that racket were his actual words, lol).

He said his "Andy" smile was how he got out of a lot of things when he was a kid, so he's obviously been doing it for a long time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                              Cam...I'm glad you had a good time with Kavan. I bet your heart was pounding. He sounds like such a nice guy. Love Kavan's experience on Tower of Terror and that he screamed like a girl. Too cute!
                              It definitely was when I gave him the Care Bear. I was sure he would get a kick out of it, but you never know, and I am not one that typically tries to draw attention to myself so this was a really big thing. I also am normally to shy to go up to an actor and start a conversation; I typically clam up but Kavan had me so comfortable with him at this point that I could give him the Care Bear.
                              sigpic

Comment

How can you not be mesmerized by that charming smile?

sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X