Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
    Techies! Help, please! I downloaded my doc from my beta (we use hotmail but not the online support--her computer doesn't play well with it). I re-wrote that entire lovely scene, was saving and everything. Closed out the computer yesterday to drag it to the office and now the chap with the re-write is GONE! Can't find it in downloads or anything. I am not pleased ATM. Please tell me I don't have to re-write. It was good!

And if someone wouldn't mind supplying me with "Angry/Scary Warrior Lorne" pics, that would be great. I don't believe I have any of those in my folders.
    Do you maybe still have the email? If not, check in your email "Trash" folder. It might still be there.

......thinking........thinking........thinking.......

Comment

Hi again WW~

Ugh! Went to the doc today for my migraines. He think I need some...

Spoiler:
      ...stress relief...

Comment

Thanks, lg--the original that my beta sent with her mark-ups is in there, but not with my re-written scene.

FG--Thank you. Think I needed some stress relief, too. Is that my Outer Limits cap I see making me smile?

Spoilered for OT:

Spoiler:
        On top of the problem with the chappie, little WW, who's a pre-teen, tried to burn down the house when I stepped away for 30 min (he was supposed to be doing homework, not burning hamburgers on the stove. He's okay--neighbor teen came to help--but my house STILL reeks of smoke, despite windows being open for hours). Now the field trainer that was in at the office yesterday wants me to chat people up about the sales business when I'm out and about and that's something I'm not necessarily comfortable with. She and my manager and my manager's manager all want me to advance, but I'm already working a kazillion hours a week and I'm soul-tired. The only thing that might make it worthwhile is that I'll probably make more, hopefully enough to hire some real help, since teen WW is a very bad employee, always skipping out.

I hope I don't start sleep-walking or it might look something like this:

sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Thanks, lg--the original that my beta sent with her mark-ups is in there, but not with my re-written scene.

FG--Thank you. Think I needed some stress relief, too. Is that my Outer Limits cap I see making me smile?

Spoilered for OT:

Spoiler:
          On top of the problem with the chappie, little WW, who's a pre-teen, tried to burn down the house when I stepped away for 30 min (he was supposed to be doing homework, not burning hamburgers on the stove. He's okay--neighbor teen came to help--but my house STILL reeks of smoke, despite windows being open for hours). Now the field trainer that was in at the office yesterday wants me to chat people up about the sales business when I'm out and about and that's something I'm not necessarily comfortable with. She and my manager and my manager's manager all want me to advance, but I'm already working a kazillion hours a week and I'm soul-tired. The only thing that might make it worthwhile is that I'll probably make more, hopefully enough to hire some real help, since teen WW is a very bad employee, always skipping out.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...h14m20s104.jpg
          Do you have enough going on??? Hope it slows down soon.

And bummer! Hmm......I'm trying to think of where my computer likes to hide my documents.....

Comment

Spoilered for OT:

Spoiler:

As I've mentioned before, sleepwalking runs in my family. Not to mention that in Turning the Page, Lorne...no, I won't spoil it for you........

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              Do you have enough going on??? Hope it slows down soon.

And bummer! Hmm......I'm trying to think of where my computer likes to hide my documents.....
              That's why I opted out of NaNo this year. And last year. Add in Mr WW & my anniversary in ten days, Mr WW's b-day in 13 days, Mom WW's b-day the day after that, Thanksgiving, of course, with still unknown plans, and yeah, I hope things slow down soon, too.

I could kick myself over the fic, though, since I've lost others this way and was getting in the habit of copying the whole doc and pasting it in a new one before making changes. For some reason, this time, I didn't. But you can see why I don't want to re-write the scene. Plus, like I said, I'm happy with it.

sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

That's why I opted out of NaNo this year. And last year. Add in Mr WW & my anniversary in ten days, Mr WW's b-day in 13 days, Mom WW's b-day the day after that, Thanksgiving, of course, with still unknown plans, and yeah, I hope things slow down soon, too.

I could kick myself over the fic, though, since I've lost others this way and was getting in the habit of copying the whole doc and pasting it in a new one before making changes. For some reason, this time, I didn't. But you can see why I don't want to re-write the scene. Plus, like I said, I'm happy with it.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...h12m29s5-1.jpg
                I've lost entire chapters before. I remember losing something like two chapters (over 5,000 words) once. That's when I became obsessive about backing things up. so I do understand completely!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  I've lost entire chapters before. I remember losing something like two chapters (over 5,000 words) once. That's when I became obsessive about backing things up. so I do understand completely!
                  I lost SOOOOO much when my laptops crashed in June (entire chapters, entire stories, story ideas, customer contact info, etc) that I'm usually very good about it, too. That's why this is such a moment.
                  sigpic

Comment

I can definitely understand that, WW. I've been fortunate enough with all of my laptop crashes to recognize the signs and be able to salvage everything.

Comment

I've even got Norton online backups. Guess what? I finished it on 11/8 and the last successful backup was on 11/7. I had three days of unsuccessful backups with no explanation as to why.

And I almost emailed it to the beta, but I wanted to re-write the scene from Nia's POV and let her compare the two to see which she liked better (she thought it would be better in Nia's POV and I wrote it in Evan's POV). The thing is, like I said, the computer was saving it, but who knows where? Guess I'll just have to buckle down and re-write it. Wish me luck. It's one of those MA scenes and with people tromping about, it makes it difficult to get into it. I'll just have to finish work and grocery shopping early tomorrow and try to write while the kids and hubby are out.

sigpic

Comment

I've even got Norton online backups. Guess what? I finished it on 11/8 and the last successful backup was on 11/7. I had three days of unsuccessful backups with no explanation as to why.

And I almost emailed it to the beta, but I wanted to re-write the scene from Nia's POV and let her compare the two to see which she liked better (she thought it would be better in Nia's POV and I wrote it in Evan's POV). The thing is, like I said, the computer was saving it, but who knows where? Guess I'll just have to buckle down and re-write it. Wish me luck. It's one of those MA scenes and with people tromping about, it makes it difficult to get into it. I'll just have to finish work and grocery shopping early tomorrow and try to write while the kids and hubby are out.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...6m46s253-1.jpg
                        Oh, that sucks! Good luck on that! I don't personally write those scenes into my stories, but I do know what it's like to recreate a scene you really loved from scratch simply because of computer issues.

Comment

I know they're not for everyone, but I actually do enjoy writing those scenes. For me, it's the challenge of writing it so that it doesn't sound like" tab A, slot B" or sound too flowery. Worst part is, I could probably get it found if I put my laptop into hubby's hands, but then he'd see all my thunking. I'd rather re-write, to be honest...

sigpic

Comment

I know they're not for everyone, but I actually do enjoy writing those scenes. For me, it's the challenge of writing it so that it doesn't sound like" tab A, slot B" or sound too flowery. Worst part is, I could probably get it found if I put my laptop into hubby's hands, but then he'd see all my thunking. I'd rather re-write, to be honest...

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...2m52s114-1.jpg
                            I do understand that!

Comment

ww lost a chap.. sorry. {{{big hug}}}

I know that just eats ya up wondering where the computer puts our stuff..lol.. I lost all my gimp backgrounds that I had collected.. some day I am sure I will find maybe..
                              sigpic

Comment

Techies! Help, please! I downloaded my doc from my beta (we use hotmail but not the online support--her computer doesn't play well with it). I re-wrote that entire lovely scene, was saving and everything. Closed out the computer yesterday to drag it to the office and now the chap with the re-write is GONE! Can't find it in downloads or anything. I am not pleased ATM. Please tell me I don't have to re-write. It was good!

And if someone wouldn't mind supplying me with "Angry/Scary Warrior Lorne" pics, that would be great. I don't believe I have any of those in my folders.
                                I'm so very sorry, WW!

Spoiler:
                                Is your email on line or do you use Outlook or Outlook express to check your emails? I know you use hotmail, but have you configured your outlook or outlook express to pull in that mail or do you log in online to view and respond to your emails?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X