• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    When isn't she?
    (Runs and hides) lol
    *chases after Lea with a herd o' haggis*

OhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHH!!! That's what you were referring to. It went way over my head.
    Obviously I'm more subtle than I give myself credit for I thought for sure you'd figure out something was going on that morning
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

I like this idea. We're just ThinkTanking right now. Putting ideas and stuff togethe right?
      Yep

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
      Obviously I'm more subtle than I give myself credit for I thought for sure you'd figure out something was going on that morning
      I think she got the sledgehammer when I asked her if her post had come yet

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

*shakes head*

Dafty.

Comment

Oh they're nasty little buggers RUN SCI!!! teehee

Well gater, it seems you're a lot more subtle than Cazz
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

The Scots are more subtle in general, eh? Almost clandestine..no... that's not a good thing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post

Oh WOW!!! That's awesome!!! And so nice of the girls to get it for you!!

Thanks hun. Linda did the sig and I did the text.

Dezrai, thanks for the comments on my stories & the essays I lost. FSR, they can't be recovered so they're all gone
              Awww. Sorry hun. Do you know what happened??

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...3/shep_lol.gif

*Hugs back*

Love TIVA!!
              Spoiler:
              Hopefully something will actually come about this time... I don't think they have shown enough growth for Tony (not romantically anyway. He is still the same, chasing after various women...) and obviously Ziva would help that along!

I am SO sorry Gater!! What about the various archives you have posted on? Can you retrieve them from there???
              I agree about Tony, but hopefully something good soon.

NP hun.
              Those are so cool hun.

Aww. Thanks hun. I didn't do that great. They were done at the last min. Literrally.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
              Yup, I totally agree.

I have a disagree, Camy. Sorry. Every virtual season that I have read always has a basic plotline laid out. How else can the author build on the events of the previous episode? That, to me, is a virtual season.

What you are describing is a challenge. A list of prompts or ideas and having everyone take a stab at whatever ones they want. There is no consistancy and therefore, no season.

If we only focused on JT, then it wouldn't be much of a virtual season; it would be a AU season 6. (I know VS are AUs, but they are suppose to "fit" to the prior seasons--that's why McKeller needs to be there, even if it's a little and goes away soon.) I think anyone who signs up as part of this challenge knows the focus is on JT, but we can do it well without being overpowering. (look at John and Aeryn in Farscape, as one example).

Just my .02.
              Nicely said and explained. That helps me understand.

But I love John and Aeryn.

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
              Those are great Luci

And dealing with the whole discussion, I agree about not having the whole season deal with JT but im also a bit skeptical about having the season arc be about the medical board thing. I would understand if it were a couple of eps, and a b-plot, but i dont see it as the season arc. Just my thoughts
              Is that suppose to be the plot. I missed that. Sorry. I agree with it being a b-plot.

Snurching the last one

I just posted a new poll on my LJ regarding that Go vote: http://cazzblade.livejournal.com/6473.html
              Just did that one too.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              Queen Teyla really needs our support guys.. go and vote for her...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...52#post9884352
              I'll be heading there next.

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
              Those are awesome Hun

those are Beautiful can i snurch the second one
              Thanks hun. Linda did if for my bday.

*shakes head* How could you forget??
              I was gonna say the same thing.

Title: The Softer Side
              Summary: She hoped his nostalgia lasted long into the night.
              Characters: Teyla, John, Ronon and Rodney
              Pairing: John/Teyla
              Rating: K+
              Warning: I... I... hate to say it but this piece comes with an uncharacteristic warning of fluffy niceness.

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/85760.html
              I'll try to read later.

Thanks for link hun.

Um Donna....I finally got round to making a sig for your um birthday
              The queen
              And yet again, i'm drawaing a blank as to whatr to write on it

Don't they just

Who are you and what have you done with gater
              Nicely done Linda!!

LOL!!
              Ewwwww. Haggis. Ahhhhhhh!!! *runs away*

Trust me, I'm not that quick or bright.

Yep

Totally went over my head.

Off to watch Smallville.

Comment

The Scots are more subtle in general, eh? Almost clandestine..no... that's not a good thing lol.
                Yes, yes indeed

I'm tired so i'm off to bed before I..........
                sigpic

Comment

Good night Linda! **HUGS**

Comment

Nicely done Linda!!
                    Thanks, as you can see i'm still drawing a blank when it comes to text Well think yourselves lucky I actually managed to do some sigs and stuff

Ok off to bed now
                    sigpic

Comment

Managed to upload my latest vid on a streaming site finally
                      Ever Fallen in Love

Oo, and I finally updated my long forgotten fic the other day Primary Target: Chapter 5

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Love TIVA!!
                        Spoiler:
                        Hopefully something will actually come about this time... I don't think they have shown enough growth for Tony (not romantically anyway. He is still the same, chasing after various women...) and obviously Ziva would help that along!

Spoiler:
                        I hope so. They have some UST that must be dealt with!!!

CSI:NY
                        Spoiler:
                        I promise you I did not squeal too loudly when Lindsay and Danny got hitched
                        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51813&page=146
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            I have a disagree, Camy. Sorry. Every virtual season that I have read always has a basic plotline laid out. How else can the author build on the events of the previous episode? That, to me, is a virtual season.
                            No need to apologize Yappi. That's why this was brought here for discussion. I would imagine that this will be written by you guys in here anyways because the fandom seems to be slow in Lj for JT anyways. Hence the reason why Cazz and I join in this effort too.

How else can the author build on the events of the previous episode?
                            I guess we are going to have to leave this as is because I'm not making myself clear. I see it very simple, in plotting out ideas and organizing what is comparable and what is not, then writers have a strong baseline on where the entire season can go while still maintaining that suspense and creativity in their writing.

I guess I see it that if we lay out everything for writers, what fun will it be to read the fics besides just the filling-ins?

If we mention how Kanan is going to die, or how Teyla and John are going to finally get together, what fun is that going to be to read when I know already what is going to happen in the fic?

There's also another way, if we have each writer have a two week period to write a particular episode in order, then the following writer has the element of surprise and the challenge that he/she must continue the plot with whatever the previous writers did....does that make sense. There will be continuity with this approach as well.

And I could go on. I can't state anything about virtual challenges because I've never seen or participated in any.

What you are describing is a challenge. A list of prompts or ideas and having everyone take a stab at whatever ones they want. There is no consistancy and therefore, no season.
                            See, I guess I'm not explaining it well, but in my view it can be done. Actually, someone challenge me to do it with them. Sort of a tag team thing. I just don't have the time to write something like this. Nor the energy. And I personally, want to read others works and not my own.

If we only focused on JT, then it wouldn't be much of a virtual season; it would be a AU season 6. (I know VS are AUs, but they are suppose to "fit" to the prior seasons--that's why McKeller needs to be there, even if it's a little and goes away soon.) I think anyone who signs up as part of this challenge knows the focus is on JT, but we can do it well without being overpowering. (look at John and Aeryn in Farscape, as one example).
                            Ah, don't get me started on that one...if the writers did it for an entire season with McKeller, why can't we do it for John and Teyla in our own little world!
                            But, you are correct in that for me personally, I always mentioned that I loved John and Teyla in the background. Some of my favorites episode are the team centric episodes that have the best John and Teyla moments mixed in with the team as well. Sateda, Rising, Search and Rescue, The Ark, and many others come to mind. I even suggested that we decide how many episodes we'd like to have around one particular character, etc...I'd love for us to explore old and even come up with our own new characters. The writers must likely would have presented new characters, why shouldn't we?

That's exactly what I'd like to see.

In the end, guys...somehow this turned into Cazz is right, Camy is wrong.
                            Uh, Cazz and I are doing this as a team.

So, this idea and approach is perfect! I will consider doing it and opening it up for a more broader perspective maybe at a later time, maybe not!

Bottom line, I'm being selfish. I just want to read more fics with John and Teyla

Let the fun begin!
                            Last edited by Jeyla4ever; 12 March 2009, 07:25 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi all,

I’m a few days behind, so bear with me….

Spoiler:
                              - How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus?
                              2 episodes
                              - Kanaan???
                              (Sighs) Yes, his presence is necessary for continuance from season 5, but an anvil could always land on his head.
                              - Any other pairings? McKeller, Ronon/Amelia etc
                              (Hold on, I’m gagging) Keep McKeller (ok, I’m better now) and explore Ronon/Amelia. I can see them together. I know it’s easy to forget, but remember Ronon used to woo the ladies before his Runner days. Maybe she can bring it out of him, but it can’t be an easy conquest. He had to work for it. I want her to keep him on his toes.
                              - Minor characters you’d like to see? Lorne, Chuck, Radek, Amelia, episodes for Elizabeth, Carson?
                              All of the above.
                              - Guest characters you’d like to see? Todd, Nancy, Michael etc
                              Todd, yes. Michael,… strong possibility. Nancy, no.
                              - Enemies? Wraith, Genii, Replicators, The guys from DV, The Asgard, The Trust etc
                              Wraith, Replicators, DV bad guys (!). Asgard, Trust; I’m not for them. It’s the same as another crossover character for me. Do it once and let it go.
                              - Story arcs from previous seasons? Queen Teyla, Satadans, Shep’s family etc
                              Yes, yes and yes.
                              - SG1 crossovers?
                              ……nah…
                              - Earth episodes?
                              1 & ½; The 1st episode on Earth, by the end of the second episode they should be back in Pegasus.
                              - Any character deaths?
                              No, I’m tired of those.
                              - Exploring Atlantis? The Ancients? The Ancient gene?
                              Yes, yes, yes and the Athosians/Athos/Old city
                              - Alternate reality? Time travel?
                              Yes and (!) what if a small band of the DV bad guys jumped from reality to reality in the hopes of defeating some enemy or just to steal (like The Trust), but it was causing havoc to other people’s realities and the team has to hunt them down?
                              - Team episodes/character driven episodes?
                              Four character episodes; one each/Four team episodes with a secondary plot line of a team member dealing with personal issues/All others should be team episodes
                              - New commander/keep Woolsey?
                              Keep Woolsey. (Surprised, huh?) He had a lot of potential. I really wanted to see how he panned out.

A few suggestions:
                              Continuance is key:
                              - start season 6 exactly where season 5 ended (and then kill Keller and Kanaan).
                              - write the stories one at a time. This will allow other writers to piggyback off of previous episode events or conversations.

Have you guys considered voting on issues such as the questions listed above? It could be done like the votes for best couple on the other forum. Or someone could create polls on their LJ. Let’s be honest here. Not everyone is going to be satisfied with every aspect of how this is done and not every one is going to fully enjoy each and every story. But, they could be given a chance to have their voices heard, by submitting ideas and the results could help create the outline for the season. Of course, you have to be careful not to box in the writers. The results would need to be very basic, in example: Kanaan rejoins Athosians or Kanaan dies/McKeller continues or Keller returns to Earth.

Anywho, just an idea.

Comment

thanks linda your so sweet i love it
                                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X