John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
    Hey guys!! I think I found a new Joe pic. At least, I've never seen it before!! It is apparently with two of his surfing buddies...

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...ingbuddies.jpg

Doesn't he look great?
    It said on the site that the shot was from this past October.
    It's from sortly after they finished filming SGA, I've seen it before, must have been in the thunk thread

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Hey Guys. Sorry for being MIA lately. Been babysitting and they drop her off late and come back late, then everything else comes in. Like supper and my tv shows.

This is a fly by post since I have to babysit again today and need to get ready.

Here are my icons for this weeks challenge.

TTFN!!!

Hey Traci! Love the JF pic.

Congrats Cazz and Luci!!

Comment

I am SO sorry Gater!! What about the various archives you have posted on? Can you retrieve them from there???
        Yeah. Can't retrieve my essays though, so working on them full time atm.
        Hey guys!! I think I found a new Joe pic. At least, I've never seen it before!! It is apparently with two of his surfing buddies...

*snip*

Doesn't he look great?
        It said on the site that the shot was from this past October.
        October.. and he can wear shorts. I want to move to CA. Lol.
        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

All snurchable.

Thanks sci.
          I voted for your Sheppard icon.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            We can't plan the rest of the series though if we don't how or when this happens This is a collaborative thing, not an individual, it should be cohesive as a season, thats one of the problems with TPTB for me, they don't have the same ideas so one puts something into an ep that is then contradicted by somebody else

Yup, I totally agree.

Originally posted by Camy View Post
            I will politely disagree with your thoughts. There's many ways that this could go.

A Virtual Season 6 can be defined however way we want it to be. There's no limits to the imagination.

However, Cazz did all of this and I'll follow her lead cause I just don't have the time or the energy to do anything right now. Our original thought was to get the thread and the fandom going again. And we've achieved that so far.

But that what I write can be done, Of course! It's like when you post challenges per say an icon challenge for a particular cap. There are many different versions of that one cap!

Even in fic challenges across LJ and fandom, you see that there are multiple posts of someone else's vision, but when it comes down to it, the writer presents that same thought while different writers take on the same challenge in a variety of ways.

Where there's a will, there's a way. I do think that we will get more writers, more consistency and more continuity in this format. Ultimately, that's our goal!

And Linda, you are absolutely right, my thought is that if we dedicate an entire episode or more which translates into one fic or more, about the whole medical board, then that's Keller plot all over again.

But I do like the plot b idea and tha'ts what I'd like to see if this is to be a JT centered Virtual Season 6 Fic Challenge. There's a reason why this is being posted in the Sheppard/Teyla and Beya fan base and why the banner has a focus on John and Teyla and blurred out the others.
            I have a disagree, Camy. Sorry. Every virtual season that I have read always has a basic plotline laid out. How else can the author build on the events of the previous episode? That, to me, is a virtual season.

What you are describing is a challenge. A list of prompts or ideas and having everyone take a stab at whatever ones they want. There is no consistancy and therefore, no season.

If we only focused on JT, then it wouldn't be much of a virtual season; it would be a AU season 6. (I know VS are AUs, but they are suppose to "fit" to the prior seasons--that's why McKeller needs to be there, even if it's a little and goes away soon.) I think anyone who signs up as part of this challenge knows the focus is on JT, but we can do it well without being overpowering. (look at John and Aeryn in Farscape, as one example).

Just my .02.
            sigpic
            Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Those are great Luci

And dealing with the whole discussion, I agree about not having the whole season deal with JT but im also a bit skeptical about having the season arc be about the medical board thing. I would understand if it were a couple of eps, and a b-plot, but i dont see it as the season arc. Just my thoughts
              sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                Yup, I totally agree.

I have a disagree, Camy. Sorry. Every virtual season that I have read always has a basic plotline laid out. How else can the author build on the events of the previous episode? That, to me, is a virtual season.

What you are describing is a challenge. A list of prompts or ideas and having everyone take a stab at whatever ones they want. There is no consistancy and therefore, no season.

If we only focused on JT, then it wouldn't be much of a virtual season; it would be a AU season 6. (I know VS are AUs, but they are suppose to "fit" to the prior seasons--that's why McKeller needs to be there, even if it's a little and goes away soon.) I think anyone who signs up as part of this challenge knows the focus is on JT, but we can do it well without being overpowering. (look at John and Aeryn in Farscape, as one example).

Just my .02.
                *thumbs up*
                Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                Those are great Luci

And dealing with the whole discussion, I agree about not having the whole season deal with JT but im also a bit skeptical about having the season arc be about the medical board thing. I would understand if it were a couple of eps, and a b-plot, but i dont see it as the season arc. Just my thoughts
                Yeah, the couple eps is good for me too. It can be dealt with until they go back to Pegasus. And if it is an emergency they end up back in Pegasus, maybe the medical board reviewer could get stuck with them... then die.

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                  *thumbs up*

Yeah, the couple eps is good for me too. It can be dealt with until they go back to Pegasus. And if it is an emergency they end up back in Pegasus, maybe the medical board reviewer could get stuck with them... then die.
                  Exactly, a few eps is the best bet
                  sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Exactly, a few eps is the best bet
                    And that is how Carson is reintroduced as CoM

Luci, lovely sigs

Comment

And that is how Carson is reintroduced as CoM

Luci, lovely sigs
                      Absolutely, they could decide that she doesnt have the experience/skills/professionalism/whatever to remain as CoM, so they place Carson back in charge (b-plot: Carson is not sure he wants to take the position). Its a reasonable way of getting rid of some Keller screen time, but also not kicking her to the curb the way they did with Teyla.
                      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Absolutely, they could decide that she doesnt have the experience/skills/professionalism/whatever to remain as CoM, so they place Carson back in charge (b-plot: Carson is not sure he wants to take the position). Its a reasonable way of getting rid of some Keller screen time, but also not kicking her to the curb the way they did with Teyla.
                        Here's what I said about it at the poll thing on Cazz's site

How could Atlantis be on Earth and NOT have the old SG1 folk want a look at it? I'd like to see Major (Lt Col) Davis there, just to oversee some of the admin stuff. Perhaps have Carter take control for a time while Woolsey is having interviews/being questioned etc.

The medical review board could be like... Appoint someone to Atlantis to oversee the comings and goings. They could investigate Keller and as a result of this, have the CoM split between Carson and Keller and Keller's not allowed to work on Rodney etc, etc. That way, Keller's role is reduced, Carson's is heightened and it can be dealt with as a B-plot for an ep?

But at the same time, we have to see if Atlantis going back to Pegasus is a thing the IOA want (unlikely) or something that happens out of urgency.

I can see Atlantis being run by administrative types for the first episode, while everyone gets settled in/questioned etc. Plus, they'd have more access to Naquadah generators to power the city, so the place would be over-run with scientists (much to Rodney annoyance) and it would be almost 'civilian run'. Then something goes wrong... something happens and then the military have to step in and take control.

Just some thoughts.

Comment

I love these Linda. They would look great with my latest story which is a Vegas tag!! Snurchable?
                          Yep, help yourself

]NCIS spoiler
                          Spoiler:
                          I just read in TV guide that there will be Tiva (they actually made mention of Tiva shippers!) in a new episode coming up - I think the season finale or something!!
                          NCIS
                          Spoiler:
                          No way...Really? Oh that'd be so cool. I hope we get something

Dezrai, thanks for the comments on my stories & the essays I lost. FSR, they can't be recovered so they're all gone
                          aww man, that majorly sucks I was gonna give you a pic spam but PB won't let me into my damn SGA caps
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                            All snurchable.

Thanks sci.
                            I voted for your Sheppard icon.
                            Snurching the last one

Those are great Luci

I just posted a new poll on my LJ regarding that Go vote: http://cazzblade.livejournal.com/6473.html

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              aww man, that majorly sucks I was gonna give you a pic spam but PB won't let me into my damn SGA caps
                              Well, you can still gimme one later

Comment

Well, you can still gimme one later
                                I will As soon as PB stops being an ass to me
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X