X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
    You know, your right!, (identity)
    Spoiler:
    she did say she was stuck sitting "behind" ronon lol...very true!. Meaning, she couldn't see the movie because he is so tall. I forgot she said behind, i was thinking she said "sitting next to ronon" LOL!. I take it back then...although i still didn't like the way she said it, now i don't feel as bad about that scene as before.

LOL!...i had noticed it's been shorter but i didn't realize it was that short till this episode lol. But i totally agree, she looks pretty with her new hair cut!.
    Hee hee. Well, I'm glad that I got that straightened out for you and that it gave you at least a little laugh.

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
    Thanks.

It's temporarily got no name- but I'm thinking something along the lines of having the words 'rafting' & 'hell' in it (as in, 'rafting trip from hell'), but of course that's just the IDEA! [you should see what it's saved as on my computer! ha! It's JT_Rafting_trip_of_hell but that's purely just so I remember which one it is cos there's like 20 word docs saved in that section that are all my JT fics!]

Update on the fic:
    Spoiler:

Almost done! Was writing a little bit today- during my child care placement! (I'm back in the babies room for this week to round up some errors in some work, & there was only ONE baby the ENTIRE day, which meant there was SQUAT to do while she slept. So the arvo nap time was spent by moi tucked up in the corner of book corner- cos there's nice squishy bean bag seat thingys in that area- writing 1 & 1/2 handwritten pages in an ATTEMPT to finish it off. Btw, the attempt failed due to me having an amazing idea, & extending it out.

WILL POST SOON ME PROMISE!

Catch ya all later!
    (dinner's ready!)
    Laura.
    Thanks for the update, hun and when you have a title I'll just change it for the Fic link.

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
    Well, you had a good flow then...

Right, sorry... Forgot about that.

Beautiful sig Lea!
    Thanks TF. I hope she likes it.

Comment

Does this mean what I think its means? (regarding Ronon's hair in the film)
      Spoiler:
      Ponytail writes: “Will Ronon get a hair cut for the movie? Just answer a) yes, b) no, c) I’ll see what I can do.”

Answer: Barring a surprising change of heart on Jason’s part, Ronon will be sporting a new do in the movie.

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Spoilered for SGU off-topicness
        Spoiler:
        I promised myself I'd never go in the SGU folder again, and I haven't been in in months But I saw somebody reading a thread about who they've cast

No, no, no, no, no! Aparantly they've cast Robert Carlyle!! He plays a Blade in The Full Monty, he's a legend! Please don't taint him with SGU It's been reported in several places though

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Hmmm. Could be or...
          Spoiler:
          New wig.

Comment

Congrats to any milestones!!!!

Comment

Spoilered for SGU off-topicness
              Spoiler:
              I promised myself I'd never go in the SGU folder again, and I haven't been in in months But I saw somebody reading a thread about who they've cast

No, no, no, no, no! Aparantly they've cast Robert Carlyle!! He plays a Blade in The Full Monty, he's a legend! Please don't taint him with SGU It's been reported in several places though

LOL!

I refuse to believe it. No WAY.
              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

We can only hope!
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

*JT Thread Secret Santa*

4.5 days to go!

RULES:
                  TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE GETS THEIR EQUAL SHARE WE MUST HAVE A COUPLE OF GROUND RULES.

HERE WE GO

FIC
                  Spoiler:

THE STORY HAS TO BE MORE THAN 600 WORDS, AND IF IT'S LESS DO TWO. IF IT'S MORE, EXCELLENT
                  uNFORTUNATELY, NO PIC FICS

ART
                  Spoiler:
                  DO A SET (ICON, BANNER/SIG, WALLPAPER)
                  IF YOU JUST DO ICONS, MAKE A BATCH (SIX OR MORE)
                  IF YOU JUST TO SIGNATURES/BANNERS DO THREE
                  IF YOU DO WALLPAPERS, DO 2

VIDEO
                  Spoiler:

CAN'T REALLY PUT RESTRICTIONS ON VIDEO, CAN I? LOL. NOTHING LESS THAN THREE MINUTES

DATES
                  SUBMISSIONS TO BE PRIVATE MAILED (GW OR LJ) TO ME BY: FRIDAY 19TH DECEMBER
                  For Fics and Videos, email me at [email protected]

I have received submissions from:

Spoiler:
                  Sci
                  Asgard30
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

I know it's been almost 2 months since I started this fic, but here's an update. If I'm luck. I'll try to finish it today.

Not Just an Ordinary Birthday: Chapters 1-4

Chapter 5:
                    Spoiler:

“So, where are we going?” asks John as he and Carson stroll down the corridor.

“I believe Teyla and Ronon are waiting for you in the recreation room. I believe Teyla mentioned something about more privacy there,” Carson replies.

John gives a worried look, “Well, that doesn’t sound good.”

“Ahhh, I’m sure it’s not thing to worry about. Maybe she just wants a place where she can give you a piece of her mind,” Carson says teasingly.

“Oh, that’s the last thing I need is for Teyla to start treating me like a child,” John remarks with a slight sarcastic tone.

Carson doesn’t reply, but gives him a small grin. When they get to the rec. room, it’s dark and quiet.

John looks surprised, “Doesn’t look like any one is here.”

“Oh, well maybe they haven’t come back from looking for you,” Carson replies with a bit of cynicism in his voice.

John gives him a curious look.

“Why don’t we just go in and wait fer them then,” Carson suggests.

John still had a feeling that something wasn’t quite right, but he agrees to go and wait. Carson motions for John to go in first, as he prepares to wave his hand over the crystals to turn the lights on. As the room begins to laminate, John can see his friends in front of him with grand smiles.

“Surprise!!” they shout.

John can’t help, but to be amazed and smile. His misfits of friends, his family away from home, never cease to surprise him.

“What is this?” John asks with a raised eyebrow. “I believe I was told that you weren’t going to do anything for my birthday.”

“We lied,” Ronon quips back.

John glances over to Carson, “Were you in on this?”

“No, I am just as surprised as you,” Carson replies. He looks at Rodney, “I guess some people didnae think they could tell me.”

Rodney acts hurt, “Wait a minute! You just got here a little while ago and I’ve been busy helping find a way to get John…” Rodney sadly looks at John. “…back…to…normal.”

Carson tries to lighten the mood and beings to smile widely, “Calm down, Rodney. I was just being cheeky with you.”

Rodney looks at John nervously and then back to Carson, “Oh… yeah, sorry.”

John pats Rodney on the shoulder, “It’s alright. I know you and Radek are working hard at fixing this. Where is he anyway?”

“He’s still at the lab,” Rodney begins. “He encouraged me to come here. He said he’d call me if he needs me.”

John gives him a small smile, “I’m glad he did and thanks again, Rodney.” He looks around to Teyla and Ronon. “And thank you too, for doing this for me.”

“Well, we already got you your gifts,” Ronon grins mischievously.

John’s curiosity perks up and he cranes his neck to look around, “Oh really. What did you get me?”

Ronon jumps up first to give John his gift. It’s a large clay jar vessel with a bluish color glaze on the outside.

Ronon smiles boastfully, “It’s the strongest ale known in the Pegasus Galaxy. It’s meant for special occasions.”

John’s eyes light up, “Really! Wow, thanks buddy.” He motions for Carson to get some cups. “What better occasion then my fortieth birthday with my friends.”

Teyla slowly walks up to John with a wrapped box, “It is not much, I am afraid. Some of the women in the botany lab helped me with this.”

John unwraps and opens the box to reveal a woodened framed box with a glass top. It has various pictures of him with Teyla and Torren at a carnival, along with leftover ticket stubs from the rides they went on.

“They call it a memory box,” Teyla explains.

John chokes back his emotions, but his eyes begin to well up, “I…I don’t want to say.” He embraces her tightly and whispers in her ear. “Thank you, so much.”

An instant hush fills the room as they are all shocked at his reaction to Teyla’s gift. John senses the tension and quickly turns to Rodney.

John clears his throat, “Ok. It’s your turn.” He grins. “What did you get me?”

Rodney starts to act nervous, “Well, I…I don’t know if I should still give it to you. I got it before… before you know happened and…”

“Rodney, just show me,” John calmly demands.

Rodney gingerly pulls out his first gift. It is a cane with horn on it and a sign saying, “Old Man Coming Threw!” and his second gift is a bag with jars of candy with various old age references. Like; Anti-aging pills (take one bottle daily), I-B-OLD youth medication, etc.

Rodney is worried that the “old” reference will bother John, but instead, John begins to laugh heartily.

“Thanks guys,” John says as he tries to control his snickering. “You guys are the best.”

Rodney finally relaxes after seeing John’s reaction. Carson starts to raise his cup of ale to make a toast before Rodney clicks on his earpiece to respond to an incoming comm. His face turns pale.

“Are you sure? No. I better go and double check… I know how incompetent you can be…” he sighs. “You’re absolutely sure… All right. I’ll tell him.”

The room is quiet and the once jovial room is now a room with seriousness.

“Rodney? What is it?” Teyla asks hesitantly.

Rodney gives John a solemn look, “That was Radek. There isn’t a way for us to reactivate the device safely or find any information on how to reverse the effects. I’m really sorry, John.”

Comment

Another day, another pic fic...

Missing: Plot Device
                      sigpic
                      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        I know it's been almost 2 months since I started this fic, but here's an update. If I'm luck. I'll try to finish it today.

Chapter 5:
                        Spoiler:

“So, where are we going?” asks John as he and Carson stroll down the corridor.

“I believe Teyla and Ronon are waiting for you in the recreation room. I believe Teyla mentioned something about more privacy there,” Carson replies.

John gives a worried look, “Well, that doesn’t sound good.”

“Ahhh, I’m sure it’s not thing to worry about. Maybe she just wants a place where she can give you a piece of her mind,” Carson says teasingly.

“Oh, that’s the last thing I need is for Teyla to start treating me like a child,” John remarks with a slight sarcastic tone.

Carson doesn’t reply, but gives him a small grin. When they get to the rec. room, it’s dark and quiet.

John looks surprised, “Doesn’t look like any one is here.”

“Oh, well maybe they haven’t come back from looking for you,” Carson replies with a bit of cynicism in his voice.

John gives him a curious look.

“Why don’t we just go in and wait fer them then,” Carson suggests.

John still had a feeling that something wasn’t quite right, but he agrees to go and wait. Carson motions for John to go in first, as he prepares to wave his hand over the crystals to turn the lights on. As the room begins to laminate, John can see his friends in front of him with grand smiles.

“Surprise!!” they shout.

John can’t help, but to be amazed and smile. His misfits of friends, his family away from home, never cease to surprise him.

“What is this?” John asks with a raised eyebrow. “I believe I was told that you weren’t going to do anything for my birthday.”

“We lied,” Ronon quips back.

John glances over to Carson, “Were you in on this?”

“No, I am just as surprised as you,” Carson replies. He looks at Rodney, “I guess some people didnae think they could tell me.”

Rodney acts hurt, “Wait a minute! You just got here a little while ago and I’ve been busy helping find a way to get John…” Rodney sadly looks at John. “…back…to…normal.”

Carson tries to lighten the mood and beings to smile widely, “Calm down, Rodney. I was just being cheeky with you.”

Rodney looks at John nervously and then back to Carson, “Oh… yeah, sorry.”

John pats Rodney on the shoulder, “It’s alright. I know you and Radek are working hard at fixing this. Where is he anyway?”

“He’s still at the lab,” Rodney begins. “He encouraged me to come here. He said he’d call me if he needs me.”

John gives him a small smile, “I’m glad he did and thanks again, Rodney.” He looks around to Teyla and Ronon. “And thank you too, for doing this for me.”

“Well, we already got you your gifts,” Ronon grins mischievously.

John’s curiosity perks up and he cranes his neck to look around, “Oh really. What did you get me?”

Ronon jumps up first to give John his gift. It’s a large clay jar vessel with a bluish color glaze on the outside.

Ronon smiles boastfully, “It’s the strongest ale known in the Pegasus Galaxy. It’s meant for special occasions.”

John’s eyes light up, “Really! Wow, thanks buddy.” He motions for Carson to get some cups. “What better occasion then my fortieth birthday with my friends.”

Teyla slowly walks up to John with a wrapped box, “It is not much, I am afraid. Some of the women in the botany lab helped me with this.”

John unwraps and opens the box to reveal a woodened framed box with a glass top. It has various pictures of him with Teyla and Torren at a carnival, along with leftover ticket stubs from the rides they went on.

“They call it a memory box,” Teyla explains.

John chokes back his emotions, but his eyes begin to well up, “I…I don’t want to say.” He embraces her tightly and whispers in her ear. “Thank you, so much.”

An instant hush fills the room as they are all shocked at his reaction to Teyla’s gift. John senses the tension and quickly turns to Rodney.

John clears his throat, “Ok. It’s your turn.” He grins. “What did you get me?”

Rodney starts to act nervous, “Well, I…I don’t know if I should still give it to you. I got it before… before you know happened and…”

“Rodney, just show me,” John calmly demands.

Rodney gingerly pulls out his first gift. It is a cane with horn on it and a sign saying, “Old Man Coming Threw!” and his second gift is a bag with jars of candy with various old age references. Like; Anti-aging pills (take one bottle daily), I-B-OLD youth medication, etc.

Rodney is worried that the “old” reference will bother John, but instead, John begins to laugh heartily.

“Thanks guys,” John says as he tries to control his snickering. “You guys are the best.”

Rodney finally relaxes after seeing John’s reaction. Carson starts to raise his cup of ale to make a toast before Rodney clicks on his earpiece to respond to an incoming comm. His face turns pale.

“Are you sure? No. I better go and double check… I know how incompetent you can be…” he sighs. “You’re absolutely sure… All right. I’ll tell him.”

The room is quiet and the once jovial room is now a room with seriousness.

“Rodney? What is it?” Teyla asks hesitantly.

Rodney gives John a solemn look, “That was Radek. There isn’t a way for us to reactivate the device safely or find any information on how to reverse the effects. I’m really sorry, John.”

Great job...
                        Spoiler:
                        I love their presents. But poor John...I hope Teyla likes older men.
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post

Spoiler:

Great job...
                          Spoiler:
                          I love their presents. But poor John...I hope Teyla likes older men.
                          Thanks Jess. I'm hoping to finish off today and then send them your way. I've given you a break long enough. Just kidding.

Comment

H everyone !
                            Ho ho ho! Another day, another pic fic...

Caution: Whumpers Ahead

I betcha you can figure out what this one is about.
                            Yeah thanks a lot Were you inspired (?) by real whumper or all resemblance is pure coincidence ?
                            Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            RR part 4?
                            Spoiler:

Um who's next again?
                            Awesome part you're really good at this Really intersting
                            I did go well, Flo. Thanks hun. He got some great presents. One of them being a Hermit Crab.

Here you go hun. I hope you like.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...aChristmas.jpg

Tell him he's very wise.

Great job hun.

Wooohoooo!!! Great update, Linda.
                            Spoiler:
                            I love angst.

Goodnight, Linda. Sorry I missed you.

Hey hun. Sorry about tonight. Had kids up to 4:30pm and Alex isn't feeling well... again.
                            I'm planning on making a doc appointment for him tomorrow.
                            *jump up and down* it's awesome Lea thank you so much HUGS I love it it's awesome

Interesting question what mean
                            Spoiler:
                            change of heart poor Ronon what will they make again to him

Chapter 5:
                            Spoiler:

Thank you so much for the pdate I love it
                            Spoiler:
                            I love Rodney gifts awesome but poor John really the angst

LOL I love it
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Gator - Sent you my SS entry today via email. Lemme know if you get it please!

Sci - Awesome update! I liked Teyla's present!

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                                H everyone !

*jump up and down* it's awesome Lea thank you so much HUGS I love it it's awesome

Thank you so much for the pdate I love it
                                Spoiler:
                                I love Rodney gifts awesome but poor John really the angst

Awww. Thanks Flo!
                                I'm glad you liked both the sig and story
                                Warning though, super angst coming for next chapter and maybe some fluff.. maybe

Oh!! And I got your Christmas Card!!!! Squeeee. It's so wonderful! Thank you. I'm really enjoying my Christmas Cards around the world.

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                                Gator - Sent you my SS entry today via email. Lemme know if you get it please!

Sci - Awesome update! I liked Teyla's present!
                                Thanks MrsB.
                                I've struggling with her and Ronon's gift for awhile now. I'm glad it worked out ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X