John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pic View Post
    Hello ~ delurking because of the awesomeness that was First Contact to share some John?Teyla banners.

BTW, I also capped the episode & posted on my LJ (link in sig)
    Cheers!
    Hi there, Pic! Welcome! Love the banners--it's great to see J and T fighting side by side.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
      Preview for Lost Tribe (spoilery)
      Spoiler:
      and second video reveals who is in the robot suit:http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/200...and-sneak.html
      Oh Wow!!! i never would have guessed!. Thank you sooo much for the spoiler dude!.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      My My...I'm gonna attempt to write up my review...

First Contact

Spoiler:
      Really great epi... one of the best this season..it's right up there with Search & Rescue..
      It just had a bit of everything..humor, action, suspense, and a sense of not knowing what is coming next...

Great work between David and Michael.. they really have good chemistry together.. and they made the scenes with Rodney and Daniel really great..it was fun seeing them taking a stab at eachother.. and Rodney who is trying so darn hard to be better then Daniel.. does he feel a little scared that Daniel is smarter *lol* oh well whatever.. they made their scenes work and hell I sure didn't mind Daniel making an visit.. I had to laugh at some of their scenes.. like when they were going through the wall and Rodney told Daniel to push as hard as he could..which led him to fall hard on the floor.. and Daniel telling him he could have just told him to walk through...well Daniel had a chance to get back at him when they were caught and Rodney touched the force field and got zapped..and him telling Daniel he could have told him since he knew that was going to happen...of Rodney didn't you know.. revenge is a bi***

Woolsey is just to much *lol* giving a speech to Todd ,,haha like he would listen..and then Caldwell went "Robert who??"

Keller... uhm do I really need to get into that... uhm no I think I will skip that part..just that is she goes all action girl next week as it seems..that is another thing that is just so wrong..you don't go from a scaredy cat to an full blown warrior princess in no time at all.. not even Rodney is a full G.I Joe even after fighting along side the best of the best (John) even after 4½ years... so not believeble the whole thing with Keller... leaving that subject...

Woah...didn't see that one coming with Todd... so the device works and now he thinks they betrayed him...hell how will they get out of this one.. Ronon and Keller against all those Wraith... uhm...

John...what can I say about this guy except that I just love this guy... great as always..
      Him not really liking being in charge.. "it's boring" *lol* poor guy...well it wasn't boring for long that's for sure..crap how his day turned out... that boring job just turned leathal.. and I have to say he works best like that.. he is in charge.. but not just going around the city checking to see if everything works... he workes best in charge of a full blast attack...

John and Teyla side by side.. him asking specifically for her..he could have easily just asked for a marine team but asked for her first.. I think he knows he works best with her by his side.. her having his back...

Now I hate guns..but why do I find him so darn sexy running around shooting that big gun of his..and that thing sure was smoking when they took the alien down... but of course the guy loves to play with the big toys

Zelenka trying to cut it open..and the selfdestruct coming on.. John making sure they get out.. and he is the last to run out.. and then shielding his body in front of Teyla..

There is no question..Teyla will always stand by John's side .. I think even without him asking her too.. she is willing to stand by him..fight alongside him..and also go down with him if needed.. however as we saw in the ending scene ,,he wont let anything happen to her if he can help it.. how he barks out to everyone to leave if they are not needed to be there.. and then him turning to Teyla telling her she should leave,,and her trying to protest..don't know what she might have been going to say there...when she went John..I ... maybe telling him she would stay by him.. or that she is staying there if he is staying there.. but then his "Teyla, please" that tore at my heartstrings.. how he looks at her.. and I don't know it was like maybe he wanted to say more.. but he got through to her.. I may not be sure.. but might actually this be the first time he basically begs her to do something..this guy is all about action..he doesn't truly show his emotions, he sure as hell don't beg.. but as we see once again..it's Teyla that brings out the emotional side of him.. the whole deal of his look and combine that with his "please" just tore at me..and then her look.. she looked defeated.. she knew she couldn't fight this one with him and win..hell she has gone through battles with him over things and knows this guy doesn't back down where she is concerned.. but the look she gave him just before she left.. like she knew what was happening around them..what a risk he was taking staying there.. and who knows maybe running through her head that this could be the last time she sees him.. and who knows what their silent communication was telling them at that point..because neither one of them took their eyes of eachother until she started to move away..

And then the blast.. even though I know pretty much the outcome of that one due to a sertain picture we have seen.. it still had the "oh gosh" feeling when the control room exploded..

Adn I just can't wait to see the second epi of this one... just that I'm confused.. they said in two weeks in the promo..but on SciFi's Atlantis page where they have the promo up it says October 3 which is next week...which is it??? time will tell I guess...

But anyway..the epi rocked..and I can't wait for the continuing of this one.. I actually now really want to see the epi and the scene where Teyla finds John

So Elfie... review okay??

I'm so late to this converstation but i just wanted to say that you pretty much pointed all the things i liked about this episode!.
      Spoiler:
      The action, Rodney and Daniel working together, Woosley was hilarious and best of all, John and Teyla working side by side...they are sooo good together. The icing on the cake, the last scene with John telling Teyla that she needs to go too and Teyla's hesitation to leave him until he tells her Please...that pause as they look at each other and then she leaves. Not much Teyla but hopefully in the second half, we see more of her...with John i hope lol.
      sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Hello ~ delurking because of the awesomeness that was First Contact to share some John?Teyla banners.

Spoiler:

Cheers!
        Oh!!! nice!!!...you definitely picked some great JT scene's from First Contact!!!. You should definitely delurk more often!.
        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! Just saw First Contact and those last 10 minutes....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            I finally watched First Contact!!!!
            Hubby loved it too.

I agree and don't shoot me for saying this.....
            Spoiler:
            I'm afraid that John will make Teyla stay behind at Atlantis since he has to leave to go rescue Rodney and Daniel. He's done if before or Lifeline. Weir has even done it. I'm hoping that he makes Lorne in command though and takes Teyla, but I doubt it. Especially how dangerous it might be.

Wonderful summary Nina... as usual.

FS
            Spoiler:
            I love the interaction with Rodney and Daniel. It's so awesome.
            Pete and I LLOL when it came to Ronon leaving with Keller and then seeing Rodney's reaction. Pete loves "head game" stuff.

One of the biggest thing I noticed was how John was. Not just with Teyla, but with the whole command thing once everything went wrong. You can see the stress, burden and self "beating" going on from his dimenor(sp) IMO. Obviously, setting up for Remnant.

I loved the two scenes with John and Teyla when John is being all protective. When I heard him say, "Teyla, please." and see his face, to me it was like 'Please, I don't want to take the chance of losing you again.' Oh! and when he also says to her, "You might want to go..." or something like that. You know he was thinking she'd be thinking for Torren's sake.

Loved Woolsey, such a fish out of water. And Todd.... well, let's just say it's Todd. (oh was that Chris H or did they do the same thing as BAMSR, when it was someone else and Chris did the voice over. ???
            I also loved Caldwell little jab to Woolsey.

Congrats everyone for Milestones.... including you Snowball for reaching over 100 posts!!!!

And thanks Nina for links.

I see Dani!!!!!!!!
            I agree with you but I"m hoping not...
            Spoiler:
            he was going to take her along the first time to go and rescue Rodney so I"m hoping he won't change his mind now because there was very little of Teyla in this episode. And I love how you explain his wording and their meaning...that's exactly how I saw it too. Teyla knows when John means something and he meant it...and the fact that this wasn't an argument that this was a plea, she couldn't not go against his word no matter how much she wanted to. And she also had to think of Torren. But I think she knows that Torren is safe with Kanan..that's the arrangement that they have, but this was more about how she reacted to his plea. Like Nina said, he was begging her to leave. And he was completely exposing himself to her without any restraints.
            LOVE IT!

Gosh, I don't want to get my hopes up again to be crushed again!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
              Spoiler:
              he was going to take her along the first time to go and rescue Rodney so I"m hoping he won't change his mind now because there was very little of Teyla in this episode. And I love how you explain his wording and their meaning...that's exactly how I saw it too. Teyla knows when John means something and he meant it...and the fact that this wasn't an argument that this was a plea, she couldn't not go against his word no matter how much she wanted to. And she also had to think of Torren. But I think she knows that Torren is safe with Kanan..that's the arrangement that they have, but this was more about how she reacted to his plea. Like Nina said, he was begging her to leave. And he was completely exposing himself to her without any restraints.
              LOVE IT!

I loved that
              Spoiler:
              there wasn't even any hesitation on Teyla's part, no thought whatsoever - she was just going to stay. She was just watching everyone go, and it was a given to her that she was staying too. And then seeing how reluctant she was at first... the way she said his name was amazing.

Now, I have to say, I'm really worried that Radek is going to die! They haven't killed anyone important off this series so far...
              sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Spoiler:

Cheers!
                Hi Pic! Good to see you in here! Love the sigs, especially the last one

Ruby! Are you going to Bedford to meet JF?

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Cheers!
                  Oh thank you so much Pic!!!
                  Can I snag the second one??

Welcome to the JT family!!!!!

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                  Hi there, Pic! Welcome! Love the banners--it's great to see J and T fighting side by side.
                  I agree WP

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                  Oh Wow!!! i never would have guessed!. Thank you sooo much for the spoiler dude!.

I'm so late to this converstation but i just wanted to say that you pretty much pointed all the things i liked about this episode!.
                  Spoiler:
                  The action, Rodney and Daniel working together, Woosley was hilarious and best of all, John and Teyla working side by side...they are sooo good together. The icing on the cake, the last scene with John telling Teyla that she needs to go too and Teyla's hesitation to leave him until he tells her Please...that pause as they look at each other and then she leaves. Not much Teyla but hopefully in the second half, we see more of her...with John i hope lol.
                  I hope to see more next week too. *crossing fingers*

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  LOVE IT!

FC
                  Spoiler:
                  That is true hun. I didn't think it that way.

I loved her sad expression. Like she knew that he could die because of it and didn't want to leave him.

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                  I loved that
                  Spoiler:
                  there wasn't even any hesitation on Teyla's part, no thought whatsoever - she was just going to stay. She was just watching everyone go, and it was a given to her that she was staying too. And then seeing how reluctant she was at first... the way she said his name was amazing.

Now, I have to say, I'm really worried that Radek is going to die! They haven't killed anyone important off this series so far...
                  Hey Ruby!!!!

FC

Exactly!!! Nicely said.

Spoiler:
                  As for Radek. I think he'll live threw this one.

Comment

Transcript for First Contact:

Enjoy the JT moments

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/510.shtml
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Cheers!
                      These are really great all, but I love the last best

And...WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Hey Ruby!!!!

FC

Exactly!!! Nicely said.

Spoiler:
                        As for Radek. I think he'll live threw this one.
                        I hope so, but I really wouldn't put it past them, lol!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                        Hi Pic! Good to see you in here! Love the sigs, especially the last one

Ruby! Are you going to Bedford to meet JF?

Ooh... shall have to look into that. Are you going?
                        sigpic

Comment

First Contact - quick thought before I post my thoughts when I come back to work
                          Spoiler:
                          I was thinking about John asking Teyla to leave. Yeah, he wouldn't want her to be there - not even for romantic feelings but because the people of Atlantis will need someone to lead them if something happens to her.

but what got me was his use of "Teyla please". It was the please that got me. He could just have ordered her to go. Instead, he 'pleads' with her to leave. Why? It would have been simple to just order her. And I could go all fan girlishly squee over the look he gave her and the finger he pointed but what I went most squee over was...

"John..." (she used his NAME in front of everyone)

"Teyla please" = he pleaded with her in front of everyone.
                          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                            First Contact - quick thought before I post my thoughts when I come back to work
                            Spoiler:
                            I was thinking about John asking Teyla to leave. Yeah, he wouldn't want her to be there - not even for romantic feelings but because the people of Atlantis will need someone to lead them if something happens to her.

but what got me was his use of "Teyla please". It was the please that got me. He could just have ordered her to go. Instead, he 'pleads' with her to leave. Why? It would have been simple to just order her. And I could go all fan girlishly squee over the look he gave her and the finger he pointed but what I went most squee over was...

"John..." (she used his NAME in front of everyone)

"Teyla please" = he pleaded with her in front of everyone.
                            I know - squeeful, wasn't it?

Cazz I just looked at Bedford... I so want to go, but I'm going to Pegasus 4 like three weeks beforehand, and I don't know what I'll be doing at that time... hmm... I shall definitely look further into it though - I'm not going alone though!! Anyone up for a UK threaders trip to Bedford? I guess the non-UK people can come too...
                            sigpic

Comment

I started working on a oneshot set straight after the end of First Contact - it's called 'Aftermath'... here's what I've got so far:

Spoiler:

Teyla knew John was right – there was nothing she could do in the Control Room but stand there and watch, and staying put her life in unnecessary danger. She knew he was right to ask her to leave, and she knew she was right to go.

But with every step she took, it felt more wrong. The lower she descended down the staircase, the sicker she felt. The further away from John she got, the surer she was that she shouldn’t have left his side.

She had barely reached the bottom of the steps when the explosion happened.

The force of it rocked the whole tower; cracks appeared in the ceiling above the group assembled at the foot of the stairs, and dust fell on them. The lights went out, plunging them all into darkness. Teyla was thrown forward into the handrail by the power of it, slamming her ribs into the hard metal, but she barely noticed the pain. She could only think one thing.

John had been caught in it.

Without hesitating, without even thinking, Teyla turned and started to stumble back up the stairs, which were somehow lit up still.

“Teyla no!”

Someone caught Teyla round the middle, and then someone else, and she fell to her knees on the stairs. It was only then she realised that the reason she could see the steps was because they were lit by flames, licking the top of the staircase.

Teyla struggled against her captors, not caring about the fire. “John!” She yelled up the stairs. “Let me go!” She growled at those who still held her.

“You can’t, Teyla,” said a voice she recognised as Chuck’s. “The whole thing could fall down.”

Teyla sagged – he was right. Chuck and the marine who held her didn’t let go fully, but they released her enough for her to lift her hand to her radio. “John? John come in,” she said urgently. “John can you hear me? John!”

There was nothing, not even static.

sigpic

Comment

Here's the link to the thing in Bedford, btw. Jason's going too, which makes me really want to go, because I'd love to see those two together.

http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/chevron72/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X