John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
    That sucks - my cat chewed through my power cord a couple of years ago, when he was a kitten, and my laptop was out of action for ages before I managed to find a new cord for it.
    Yeah. I'm wondering if that is what happened. I have a stray that is about 1 and I'm not sure if she is reason for the rip in the cord's jacket or if it got pitched some how.

But any way. It's officially dead. I twisted it too much to try to keep the power going and the the plug came off.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    Aw sci, that is pants. I would die if that happened to me My laptop is my life, lol, as sad as it is to admit!
    I'm about to lose it.

Between RL and now this, I just want to throw something.

I'll try to slowly catch up on the thread.
    BBL

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Yeah. I'm wondering if that is what happened. I have a stray that is about 1 and I'm not sure if she is reason for the rip in the cord's jacket or if it got pitched some how.

But any way. It's officially dead. I twisted it too much to try to keep the power going and the the plug came off.

I'm about to lose it.

Between RL and now this, I just want to throw something.

I'll try to slowly catch up on the thread.
      BBL
      Aw Sci I'm sorry... my new story is totally dedicated to you. (see below)
      sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Hey Y'all!

I am here! Gateworld world is being wonky for me this morning. That is why I am doing the quick reply! It is not letting me do a normal reply. So, no breakfast or munchies for y'all today. That so bites! Anyway, I'm going to try to stay on but,I may end up being off and on because of this.
        1-800-Iluv-JandT
        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Ok, here's the first chapter (more a prologue, really) of a new story I'm working on. It doesn't have a title yet... if anyone has any bright ideas for one, let me know

Spoiler:

“Okay, let’s try again.”

Rodney carefully placed his palms flat on the console of the device, and concentrated, hard.

Turn on… turn on…

The blue lights on the device turned on, flickered and died.

“Aw come on!”

Zelenka sighed. “Like I said, it needs more –”

“It has plenty of power,” snapped Rodney, snatching his hand back from the device. “It just needs to be turned on.”

“You’ve been trying for half an hour now, and nothing.”

“Not nothing. It lit up, didn’t it!?”

Zelenka rolled his eyes but before he could answer the door to the lab slid open and Sheppard walked in, followed by Ronon.

“Hey boys, what’s happening?” He said as he strolled into the room, hands in his pockets. Normally, Rodney got annoyed when Sheppard just showed up at his lab, knowing full well that he was spending the day conducting research, but at that moment he was actually pleased to see him.

“Excellent, I was just going to call you,” Rodney said, standing up. Sheppard immediately looked suspicious.

“Why?” He asked, sounding it too.

“Come and activate this device,” Rodney said, gesturing to the table.

“I don’t think that will-”

“Quiet you,” said Rodney, turning to glare at Zelenka. Zelenka shrugged and leant back in his chair.

“Fine,” he said.

“What is it?” Asked Sheppard, taking another step into the room.

“It’s a memory recall device,” said Rodney. “There’re pages of research in the database, but we only found the thing last week. It could be invaluable for interrogating prisoners, or remembering important details about missions but… well, I can’t get it to stay on.”

“Is it out of power?”

“Yes.”

No.” Rodney shot another glare at Zelenka. “I’ve managed to get it to come on a couple of times, but never for more than a second. But you’d probably be able to get it working.”

Sheppard smirked. “With my supergene?”

Rodney rolled his eyes and declined answering – Sheppard just loved to rub in the fact that his gene was the stronger.

“Will you just activate it already? I’d like to have lunch sometime today.”

“That’s what we figured,” said Sheppard.

“Oh,” said Rodney, realising why Sheppard and Ronon were there in the first place. He decided that he didn’t mind so much that they’d turned up unannounced.

Sheppard shrugged at Ronon and then walked over to the table. “Okay, what do I do?” He asked, frowning at the device. It was a strange-looking thing – it kind of looked like a huge chalice, with a keyboard-like console in front of it, and two flat pads either side of that.

“Put your hands on the pads,” said Rodney, pointing them out to Sheppard.

Sheppard stretched out his hands but pulled them back at the last second. “It’s not gonna blow up or anything is it?” He asked. “Give me superpowers that might kill me?”

Rodney rolled his eyes. “No,” he said. “All it does is make you remember things clearer. And that will only happen when we program it.”

“Okay.” Sheppard placed his hands flat on the pads.

There was a moment when nothing happened, but then the lights on the device lit up and it began to emit a faint humming sound. Rodney eyed it suspiciously, waiting for it to die again, but it didn’t – it looked like Sheppard’s ‘supergene’ had worked its magic once more.

“Woah,” said Sheppard softly.

Rodney shifted his attention to the Colonel and frowned – the look on Sheppard’s face made it clear that he was seeing something other than the device in front of him. His jaw was slack and his eyes were wide.

“Are you seeing something?” Rodney asked. “Remembering?”

“You could say that,” said Sheppard weakly. He blinked rapidly a couple of times.

Zelenka stood up. “Maybe you should let go,” he said.

Rodney nodded. “Yeah that… that’s probably a good idea.”

Sheppard nodded as well. He started to blink again, over and over, so fast his eyelids looked like a bird’s wings. “Yeah, good call,” he said. He started to withdraw his hands.

It all happened so fast after that – the sudden blinding brightness of the biggest light on the device, Ronon’s yell, the thud as Sheppard was pitched back and hit the floor. Rodney blinked the spots in his eyes away, and the first thing he saw was Sheppard, lying flat on the floor.

He lifted his head slightly, his eyes out of focus, still blinking quickly, but not as quickly as before. His eyes rolled up into his head and his head hit the floor with a thud as he passed out.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
            Hey Y'all!

I am here! Gateworld world is being wonky for me this morning. That is why I am doing the quick reply! It is not letting me do a normal reply. So, no breakfast or munchies for y'all today. That so bites! Anyway, I'm going to try to stay on but,I may end up being off and on because of this.
            Hi Elf - that's weird!

Question - what does your avatar say?
            sigpic

Comment

As usual, totally awesome beginning Ruby.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                As usual, totally awesome beginning Ruby.
                Cheers muchly.
                sigpic

Comment

Ruby Awesome start to the story can't wait to read more of it...you have me really intrested now... hrmm wonder what in the world happened there...
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                    *lol* What the whump thread exploded after that piece of art was posted... have to say though darn good drawing..wish I could draw that good... truly have captured him really good...

S&R
                    Spoiler:
                    To draw something like thi up that detailed and then not do it... can't really see it... it's not like it's a major spoiler really if you think about it...I mean we saw a whole building fall on all of them...some might have found something to take cover under or whatever...maybe John wasn't able or never had the time in case something fell on him right away and trapped him... intresting is also if you watch TLM,,at the end,,Ronon kind of pushes John in the back..I can't now remember if something fell down right there at that point..I'm not home so I can't watch that scene... seeing that pic ...now he might not be really really badly injured ,,but we all know how darn well JF does the waking up scenes or he is trapped and can't get out of there...watching tht pic and it has been speculation on the whump thread...that does it look like fire there too... in one corner the pic is kind of orange.. and when you kind of see most of the rubble is black and grey and then there you see at some places it's a little more orange like maybe it's a fire nearby and is reflecting on the rubble... well what do I know

do I really find the pic as a major spoiler...not really ...I mean if you can't find shelter or a hole somewhere to jump into and being able to get away from the worst of it... I'm pretty much expected something like this would happen...and might this be why we haven't really heard much of John in the spoilers... could it be that Search & Rescue is not just about searching for Teyla and rescue her but they need to expand it and search for John as well in the rubble...

All speculation but that is sometimes fun,,and is it July yet...
                    I'm hope they kinda keep it real and that he doesn't have few scratches and he's up and fine the next min.

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                    Hi guys!

Just popping in for a sec. Sci, I posted your gift on ff. There are some revisions, so I hope you like it and I hope you guys enjoy it as well.

OT~
                    Spoiler:
                    So how is everything with your dad?

I will have to catch up with the thread later.
                    Thanks hun.
                    I link didn't work,but I posted a working one in the Link page.
                    Thanks so much again.

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                    Thanks MrsB.

How are you?
                    Sorry, I'm not around much.

MrsB is doing the last chapter of the RR fic! I can't wait! Maybe it will be gory and violent...
                    Oooo. Maybe.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                    I'm sorry to see this it's a difficult time. Good luck to all your family.
                    Teyla
                    Spoiler:
                    I totally agree with you on this point if he disappears or stays a villain (?) the quest to find him will keep on going.
                    Thanks Asgard.

I think you're right also and that kind of quest would just get old after awhile.

Alright just got caught up on all the parts of the RR fic....

AWESOME WORK EVERYONE
                    Thanks Nina. I think they are alot of fun.

Comment

Hi Elf - that's weird!

Question - what does your avatar say?
                      Spoiler:
                      EG made it! It says : Wake me up before you go-go!
                      1-800-Iluv-JandT
                      sig by Sci!

Comment

Ok, here's the first chapter (more a prologue, really) of a new story I'm working on. It doesn't have a title yet... if anyone has any bright ideas for one, let me know

Spoiler:

“Okay, let’s try again.”

Rodney carefully placed his palms flat on the console of the device, and concentrated, hard.

Turn on… turn on…

“Aw come on!”

“It has plenty of power,” snapped Rodney, snatching his hand back from the device. “It just needs to be turned on.”

Zelenka rolled his eyes but before he could answer the door to the lab slid open and Sheppard walked in, followed by Ronon.

“Hey boys, what’s happening?” He said as he strolled into the room, hands in his pockets. Normally, Rodney got annoyed when Sheppard just showed up at his lab, knowing full well that he was spending the day conducting research, but at that moment he was actually pleased to see him.

“Excellent, I was just going to call you,” Rodney said, standing up. Sheppard immediately looked suspicious.

“Quiet you,” said Rodney, turning to glare at Zelenka. Zelenka shrugged and leant back in his chair.

“Fine,” he said.

“It’s a memory recall device,” said Rodney. “There’re pages of research in the database, but we only found the thing last week. It could be invaluable for interrogating prisoners, or remembering important details about missions but… well, I can’t get it to stay on.”

“Is it out of power?”

“Yes.”

No.” Rodney shot another glare at Zelenka. “I’ve managed to get it to come on a couple of times, but never for more than a second. But you’d probably be able to get it working.”

Rodney rolled his eyes and declined answering – Sheppard just loved to rub in the fact that his gene was the stronger.

“Oh,” said Rodney, realising why Sheppard and Ronon were there in the first place. He decided that he didn’t mind so much that they’d turned up unannounced.

Sheppard shrugged at Ronon and then walked over to the table. “Okay, what do I do?” He asked, frowning at the device. It was a strange-looking thing – it kind of looked like a huge chalice, with a keyboard-like console in front of it, and two flat pads either side of that.

Sheppard stretched out his hands but pulled them back at the last second. “It’s not gonna blow up or anything is it?” He asked. “Give me superpowers that might kill me?”

Rodney rolled his eyes. “No,” he said. “All it does is make you remember things clearer. And that will only happen when we program it.”

There was a moment when nothing happened, but then the lights on the device lit up and it began to emit a faint humming sound. Rodney eyed it suspiciously, waiting for it to die again, but it didn’t – it looked like Sheppard’s ‘supergene’ had worked its magic once more.

Rodney shifted his attention to the Colonel and frowned – the look on Sheppard’s face made it clear that he was seeing something other than the device in front of him. His jaw was slack and his eyes were wide.

“You could say that,” said Sheppard weakly. He blinked rapidly a couple of times.

Sheppard nodded as well. He started to blink again, over and over, so fast his eyelids looked like a bird’s wings. “Yeah, good call,” he said. He started to withdraw his hands.

It all happened so fast after that – the sudden blinding brightness of the biggest light on the device, Ronon’s yell, the thud as Sheppard was pitched back and hit the floor. Rodney blinked the spots in his eyes away, and the first thing he saw was Sheppard, lying flat on the floor.

He lifted his head slightly, his eyes out of focus, still blinking quickly, but not as quickly as before. His eyes rolled up into his head and his head hit the floor with a thud as he passed out.
                        Ruby!!! This is great!!! I hope you have more please.

Thanks hun for cheering me up a little.

Comment

Sorry to do a hit and run. I'm gonna post this fic and then crash. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Sorry guys.

It's a Shep whump, JT story. The beginning is based on the pic from JM's blog and it has S&R possible spoilers. I'm just fore warning.

I was getting punchy at the end, but I hope you like it.

Spoiler:
                          Their Darkest Time

John slowly opens his eyes and beyond a dusty haze he can see large pieces of concrete and twisted metal surrounding him. He tries to move, but the blinding sharp pain from his abdomen prevents him. He eyelids grow heavy, but he fights against the fatigue that is trying to over come him.
                          “Sheppard. Sheppard!! Come in!” Rodney calls over the comm. in a demanding tone.
                          John feels so tired, but he slowly brings up his free hand to click his earpiece to respond.
                          “I’m here,” John answers weakly.
                          “Oh, good. Are you hurt and is Ronon with you?” Rodney inquiries.
                          “Yes. I’m hurt…” He groans and pauses to try to lift his head up enough to look for Ronon, but he can’t see anything past the debris around him. “…and I can’t move enough to see where Ronon is.”
                          “I’m here,” a deep voice bellows. “I think I can get out and try to find Sheppard. I’ll get you out in no time.”
                          While they are talking a strange noise starts buzzing from outside.
                          “What is that noise?” Ronon asks.
                          “Oh, no. It sounds like darts,” whimpers Rodney.
                          “Do you think its Mich…” John begins, but it follows an instant silence.
                          “Sheppard? What’s wrong? Are you there?” Rodney asks. “Ronon, I think he might have pasted out. He must have serious injuries.”
                          “Or was taken by one of the dart,” interjects Ronon.
                          Rodney sighs, “Let’s hope that is not it.”
                          ************************************************************************
                          Teyla sits uncomfortably in one of Michael’s cells. She hears a noise outside and it’s a couple of Michael’s men. She sees them dragging someone and as they come into the light she can see its John. Fear fills her eyes as she observes his distressed body. The men place him in the cell and Michael walks in behind them.
                          Tears threaten to flow from her eyes. “What have you done to him Michael!” she says angrily.
                          He smiles, “I did not do anything. They must have stumbled upon on of my traps. I knew Dr. McKay couldn’t resist in being curious. He probably thought he was being so cleaver and stumbling into my research. I only wish I could have seen the looks on their faces when the explosions began.”
                          Michael walks closer to John and looks down on him, “And as for Colonel Sheppard, it was just a fortunate surprise. I ordered my men to pick up their dead and injured and bring them back to the ship. For research purposes.”
                          He looks up at Teyla and dawns a sadistic grin, “If Colonel Sheppard survives I think with his unique genetics he would make an excellent new member of to my team. Don’t you think?” He leaves the cell with a very satisfied look on his face.
                          After Michael leaves, Teyla awkwardly gets down to be with John. She can see that some of his wounds have been tended to, but the one his stomach was the worse out of all of them and his complexion is pale.
                          “John, can you hear me?” she speaks shakily.
                          She takes off her thin jacket and covers him to keep him slightly warm. Carefully she picks up his head and places it on what little lap she has left. She can hear his breathing become slow and shallow. Her tears begin to flow onto his dirtied face.
                          In the shadows, Kannan watches her. He remembers her saying that they were just teammates and close friends, but he can tell that there is much more there.
                          John slowly opens his eyes half way and sees Teyla staring down at him.
                          “I know you are not real,” he quips with a weak smile. “Hey McKay! You need to get me out of here. I’m beginning to hallucinate that Teyla is here with me,” John says.
                          Teyla gently smiles at him, “No, John, you are not seeing things. I am actually here. Michael captured too.”
                          He contorts his face, “So, this is worse then I thought. There goes the idea of me rescuing you and fixing the time line.” He sees Teyla’s puzzled look, “It’s hard to explain.”
                          “Why don’t you try. I could use a good conversation,” she coasts him.
                          His eyes begins to slowly close slightly and his breathing decreases, “Been to future… Michael takes baby… builds army and kills you.”
                          He body goes limp and Teyla fears the worse, but she does hind a weak pulse. She releases a small sigh of relief.
                          “Tey…la,” a voice struggles to say her name.
                          Teyla turns around and sees Kannan. She gives way to a small frail smile, “Yes. I am here Kannan.”
                          “Is it true? Will he kill you?” he asks.
                          “I do not know if it is true, but it is most likely that once our baby is born, Michael will kill me as well as for our child, once he is done using him as well. You need to help Colonel Sheppard and me out of here. Once I get you back to Atlantis I am certain they will find away to you,” Teyla pleads.
                          Kannan looks at John with questionable eyes and Teyla notices, “Please, Kannan. Michael will do to him what he has done to you if not worse.”
                          He nods his head to agree, “Must help keep him from controlling my thoughts.”
                          Teyla looks nervous, “I will do my best.”
                          As she tries to concentrate Kannan opens the door and carries John out. He motions her to follow him. It is harder for her to help him while he is moving, but she still manages some how. They end up in the dart bay and he lays John next to her on the ground. He gets in a dart and picks them up.
                          He struggles to keep Michael out, but soon Michael knows what Kannan is doing he sends a few darts to intercept him.
                          Kannan races to the gate and unloads John and Teyla as close as he can. He quickly turns around to engage the enemy. A Marine in a cloak jumper near by sees Teyla and the Colonel and the land close to them.
                          Teyla is startled to see a young Marine step out of nowhere. He Colonel Sheppard in, but before she goes inside the puddle jumper she sees one of the two darts destroy the lonely one and they then take off.
                          She wants to scream, but she knows that John’s life is hanging by a thread and they need to leave immediately. The back hatch closes and she waits for the pilot to take off, but he doesn’t.
                          “Are you not going to bring Colonel Sheppard back to Atlantis?” Teyla says crossly.
                          “I’m sorry Teyla, I would, but I have orders that we need to rescue the others first,” he answers with an apologetic tone.
                          “What do you mean? What others,” she says with concern.
                          We were trying to rescue Major Lorne, Dr. McKay, Ronon, Colonel Sheppard and a few others trapped in the building, but we got ambushed be the darts. We had to go into stealth mode and wait to recover everyone. Colonel Carter is getting them now. Once the gate is clear we will be heading home,” he explains.
                          She was the crumbles building and was amazed that they even survived. She looks at the soldier, “Is anyone else severely injured?”
                          “No,” he smiles. “Everyone is doing fine. I just contacted Colonel Carter to let her know that you and Colonel Sheppard are here. She is surprised and happy.”
                          Another soldier in the back was tending to Sheppard. She yells to the pilot, “We need to let Colonel Carter that we need to leave as soon as possible or we are going to lose him! He’s failing fast!”
                          Teyla could barely breath at the thought of not only losing the father of her child, but the man that she deeply cares for and loves. She couldn’t lose both in one day.
                          ************************************************************************
                          In the infirmary, John wakes up with the sounds of the monitors around him. He could see he was back in Atlantis. The first thought that comes to him is Teyla. Was he really just dreaming of her? Was he buried in the rumble the whole time? He pans to his right to call a nurse or Dr. Keller, but he sees a figure sitting next to him and their head lying on his bedside.
                          He reaches out to make sure she’s real. Her soft brown hair felt so good between his fingers. She begins to move at the feel of his touch and she looks up to him. She smiles and smiles back.
                          “Welcome back,” she says softly.
                          His eyes twinkle, “Shouldn’t that be mine line?”
                          She giggles slightly and sits up to stretch. John notices that she is no longer pregnant. She sees his eye lightly water up as he a weak finger point to her stomach. She looks down and rubs the area that once was hug.
                          “Does Michael..” John shakily tries to say.
                          “No,” Teyla interjects. “I had him the same night we got back, two weeks ago. He’s still in infirmary to see if the injections that Michael gave me is going to harm him.”
                          John nodded speechlessly as he fought back the tears, “Did you say I was in here for two weeks?”
                          Teyla’s face saddens, “We almost lost you a few times. They had to put you in an induced coma.”
                          Before her eyes tear up with the thought she changes the subject,” Ronon and Rodney should return shortly. They’ve been her everyday too. They are getting something to eat.”
                          “Teyla, I don’t remember what happened after the being trapped in the building. What happened?” John asks.
                          Teyla sighs at the thought of repeating the painfully memories, “Michael used his darts to pick up any dead are nearly dead victims of the trap. You and I were in the same cell and Kannan saved us. There was a brief moment that he was free and he took a dart and dropped us near the gate. A jumper that was in the area came and brought us in.”
                          “And Kannan?” he asks almost knowing that something bad happened.
                          She begins to cry, “Two other darts shot him down.”
                          John reaches his hand out to comfort her.
                          She wipes away the tears on her face, “As much as it pained me to see that I know that he died a hero to me, but the one thing I come to realize that I could not bare more. It was the thought of losing you. You were the only thing that kept my hopes up. I knew that you would never stop coming for me and I was right.
                          She lies back down next to him and nuzzles as close as she could without hurting him. They both know that things may never be the same, but for now it didn’t matter. They were together and neither one of them were going anywhere.
                          The End.

G'night
                          Great Fic Sci! whump whump whump

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                          Beautiful Cazz
                          Thanx Donna!

Awesome artwork
                          Thanx Nina

Uh, thats awful Sci! Similar thing hapened to me just after Christmas but it was the connector on the laptop that broke I had three assignments to write for uni so had to run out and buy a new laptop

Hope you get it sorted soon

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Spoiler:

“Okay, let’s try again.”

Turn on… turn on…

“Aw come on!”

“Fine,” he said.

“Is it out of power?”

“Yes.”

Wow! Great start so far! You've got me sucked in it already!!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Comment

Ruby Awesome start to the story can't wait to read more of it...you have me really intrested now... hrmm wonder what in the world happened there...
                              Thanks Nina... hopefully you won't have to wait too long to find out lol!

Spoiler:
                              LLOL! Brilliant!

Jitterbug...

Ruby!!! This is great!!! I hope you have more please.

Thanks hun for cheering me up a little.
                              Thanks Sci, I'm glad you liked it - and yes more is coming soon. Ish. Chin up sweetie ((HUG))

Wow! Great start so far! You've got me sucked in it already!!
                              Thanks Elf!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                                Ok everyone I made my first sig tonight!!!!
                                Tell me what you think, ok?

Spoiler:

Many many thanks to Sci for all her help!!!
                                Well done, cabouse!

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                                What i did when i had no internet......

I'm gonna go watch an ep of SG1 now... probably be back on later i guess....
                                Great sig and vid, JT4L!

Spoiler:
                                Uhm. I must have been real drunk, because I don't remember making that one...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X