No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night everyone, I hope you all love TLM!

Spoiler:
    SSSSQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Oh, and to 'stir' things up a bit:

Spoiler:

Night to everyone who is going to bed. Not me. Going to watch some Farscape. And maybe some Torchwood.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        Just thought I'd pop in. Finally say hi and Happy Shipping after lurking for so long.

I almost feel like I need to write out a nice, long eloquent post stating my reasons for loving this ship, the two characters, and clearly stating my intentions towards them. Almost like an admissions essay.

I won't do that....this time....not because the ship and it's shippers don't deserve it but because I just finished writing 2 life-sci mid-terms and a really long history paper. My brain is dead. That and I just want to look at the pretty. There is so much pretty in this thread so my hat goes off to everyone's artistry and skills.

So I've come for the pretty and the fics (so many awesome ones, gater yours come to mind cause I just finished reading some). Maybe at some point, when my brain isn't fried, I'll think up some wonderful rhetoric and type out a long essay on the wonderful pairing that is Teyla/Shep (Sheyla??? Do we call it that?).

Now I'll go back to learning ( or attempting to) PS CS3 so I can eventually do something like the brand-spankin new sig Camy made for me. We'll see how that goes. I will of course ensure that the pairing is matched to the thread.

And I'm off.
        Welcome to our J/T family Pandora's Box!

We definitely have some of the best J/T artist, writers and vidders here!. Love the banner Camy made for you!...pretty!

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
        SusantheTartanTurtle writes: “Is Carson getting his turtles back?”

Answer: The burning turtle issue will be addressed in Whispers.

DasNdanger writes: “The first off-world exploration lead to the total disruption of the balance that existed in the galaxy…affecting both human and Wraith alike. Right or wrong, the Wraith had a system that worked - it kept humans from overpopulating and exploiting their own planets…”

Answer: Sure, the wraith had a system that worked…for the wraith! They exploited every other race in the galaxy and, when a civilization attained a level of technology they deemed a threat to their dominance, the wraith swept in and wiped them out. Mass cullings as an answer to overpopulation? The wraith kept them from “exploiting their own planets”? I’m not sure I’m following your line of reasoning unless…Todd, is that you?!

"We had the production meeting for Broken Ties this morning. It’s all systems go. We start shooting Monday at The Bridge while BamBam runs Jason and Mark Dacascos through the paces over at Norco. The tendril meeting was scheduled for tomorrow, then canceled after careful consideration.

I finished my rewrite on Whispers and it goes wide tomorrow. I haven’t seen everyone this excited about a script since the last one that came out(!). BamBam came by office this afternoon and he seemed quite excited at the prospect of auditioning some really unique walkers. I can’t wait."
        Thanks for the update MrsB!. I was cracking up with JM's remark to that one person saying...Todd is that you? LOL!.

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
        Now Sheppikins in civvies.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post

Spoiler:
        You guys are at it again with the beautiful men and the leather!!!. Now i'm going to need that 1-800 number! Thunk!

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
        I made some JT sigs they're actually both the same sig but one is in black and white and the other is not and i hope you all like them
        Spoiler:

Awesome wraithlord!. Love the black and white one!

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
        Hi ! I'm new. First of all I like to apologize for my english because I'm french and I don't speak well english. I hope it's understandable and I won't say too much stupidity.

I'm a SG1 and SGA fan since the start for both series. I'm a Teylafan and I like the Sheyla.
        I an not accustomed to forum, this is the first time I post but I visit this site and particularly this thread since a long time and I find you are really nice people, fun and talented with your fanart.
        Thus I said to me (?) i would share my love of JT with you if you are ok.
        With this I let you because I don't understand all and the fact it is in english don't simplify things lol !
        Good continuation
        Welcome to your J/T family asgard30!!!

Don't worry about your english, i think you are doing great!.

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
        Progeny! Of course, I would know that one for some reason...

Spoiler:
        Forehead Whump, Baby!
        LOL!...i bow down to the queen of Shep Whump!...i will always know where to go if i got a shep whump question lol!. thanks Elf!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Jess. I hope these are ok.

I'll try to catch up on thread as soon as I can.

BBL
        Those are cool!...i haven't seen a Ford one before!...i miss him!. Oh and of course, love the gorgeous Lorne one!

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
        Ahhhhhhhh.....! The Lollipop!.....HMMMmmmm.....
        Okay, now for sure i need that 1-800 number! LOL!.

Sorry, i know i missed some artwork...it's hard to catch up!. Donna i know i saw some wonderful J/T banners...i just can't find them anymore LOL!. Gater,...i saw some more fics!!! YAY!!!. I'm off to eat dinner so hopefully i can find them again when i come back so i can read them. Will i be getting one of my many heart attacks when i'm done reading your angsty fics??? LOL!.
        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          Title: It’s You
          Summary: AU. She gasped for breath and John bit his lip.
          Characters: John & Teyla
          Pairing: John/Teyla
          Rating: K+ for the angst.
          Notes: This is my response to sillyscipia’s challenge at Gateworld: “John and Teyla are to be married but Michael kidnaps her before they do.” Angst was a must. What can I say?

Spoiler:
          She gasped for breath and John bit his lip. Uncertainty washed through him, the need to do something but every time he made to move she gripped his shoulders, held him close and he’d hold her even closer. Her pain ached deep down in his heart and he wished nothing more than to sweep her off her feet and carry her to the altar like he’d promised so many months before.

He swept his hand through her hair, ducked his head into his neck and felt the hot sting of tears at the back of his eyes. He couldn’t cry, not there, not with her. He had to be strong; she needed him to be strong.

“It hurts, John. I can’t... I can’t...”

He hushed her, wiped away her tears with the pads of his thumbs and dropped his forehead to hers, closing his eyes and dislodging a tear.

“It’s okay, Teyla, I’m here,” he whispered into her lips, before he kissed her. “We’ll get through this together.”

She sobbed, a sound so heart wrenching that John felt it all the way down to his toes and his body convulsed at the sound. He hated seeing her in so much pain because of him; because he hadn’t been able to help her in time.

Her hands against his chest are reassuring and warm, and he held her palms in his fingers, massaging the knuckles he knew got sore when the nights are cold. He sighed and closed his eyes as she raised her hand and brushed her knuckles down his jaw, tracing his chin with her finger.

“You never give up,” she murmured in wonderment and he leaned into her touch, revelling in the warmth she provided. “Why do you never give up?”

He opened his eyes slowly, meeting hers, trying not to let his own pain seep through into her already weeping wounds.

“It’s you.”

-

The two words whisper in his mind as he opens his eyes in the darkened room. Shaken and breathless, he turns to where she should be and although she hasn’t been for months now he still feels the tug at his heart and he sobs into the empty air.

His fingers reach out and tug the pillow to his chest and he tries to breathe in her smell that vanished months before, his gut tightening as the sobs rip through his body, tears soaking into the soft cotton.

“Why do you never give up?”

“It’s you.”

He sobs again, his body writhing, his stomach churning over and over. He stays there – broken, torn, a shadow – in the bed until the suns tint the window beyond but he doesn’t see it.

“It’s you.”

He opens his eyes.

She’s not there.

It was you.”
          Wonderful job! So so so sad though. *booooohooooo!!*

LOL. The spoon is offended. Glad ya liked it. Wasn't sure about all the swear words but... I'm trying for something different!

That's cause I keep getting more addicted to AU!

*grins*

Thanks I like that one myself. It's not 'romantic' - it's like the hugs in the show. He doesn't say anything but he's there.
          Uh oh. You're hooked.

Jeez. I leave for 2 hours and this place has exploded.

Love your fics gater. From laughs to tears...it's an emotional roller coaster ride with you but I'm not complaining.

Just finished reading Wedjatqi's newest chapter and have decided that reading ongoing fics is bad for my sanity. It just ended, you guys. On a cliffhanger....not...fair.

Seriously though, I have much admiration for all you fic writers out there. Keep up the good work.
          Make sure you pace yourself.

And thanks. We aim to please

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          Night everyone, I hope you all love TLM!

Spoiler:
          SSSSQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE

Goodnight hun.

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post

Spoiler:

Night to everyone who is going to bed. Not me. Going to watch some Farscape. And maybe some Torchwood.
          Oooo. Me likes Farscape.

Originally posted by Mayra View Post

Those are cool!...i haven't seen a Ford one before!...i miss him!. Oh and of course, love the gorgeous Lorne one!
          Thanks Mayra.

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post

Spoiler:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
            Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
            &=AWESOME &Forever
            No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Notes: This is my response to sillyscipia’s challenge at Gateworld: “John and Teyla are to be married but Michael kidnaps her before they do.” Angst was a must. What can I say?

Spoiler:
              She gasped for breath and John bit his lip. Uncertainty washed through him, the need to do something but every time he made to move she gripped his shoulders, held him close and he’d hold her even closer. Her pain ached deep down in his heart and he wished nothing more than to sweep her off her feet and carry her to the altar like he’d promised so many months before.

He swept his hand through her hair, ducked his head into his neck and felt the hot sting of tears at the back of his eyes. He couldn’t cry, not there, not with her. He had to be strong; she needed him to be strong.

He hushed her, wiped away her tears with the pads of his thumbs and dropped his forehead to hers, closing his eyes and dislodging a tear.

“It’s okay, Teyla, I’m here,” he whispered into her lips, before he kissed her. “We’ll get through this together.”

She sobbed, a sound so heart wrenching that John felt it all the way down to his toes and his body convulsed at the sound. He hated seeing her in so much pain because of him; because he hadn’t been able to help her in time.

Her hands against his chest are reassuring and warm, and he held her palms in his fingers, massaging the knuckles he knew got sore when the nights are cold. He sighed and closed his eyes as she raised her hand and brushed her knuckles down his jaw, tracing his chin with her finger.

“You never give up,” she murmured in wonderment and he leaned into her touch, revelling in the warmth she provided. “Why do you never give up?”

He opened his eyes slowly, meeting hers, trying not to let his own pain seep through into her already weeping wounds.

“It’s you.”

-

The two words whisper in his mind as he opens his eyes in the darkened room. Shaken and breathless, he turns to where she should be and although she hasn’t been for months now he still feels the tug at his heart and he sobs into the empty air.

His fingers reach out and tug the pillow to his chest and he tries to breathe in her smell that vanished months before, his gut tightening as the sobs rip through his body, tears soaking into the soft cotton.

“It’s you.”

He sobs again, his body writhing, his stomach churning over and over. He stays there – broken, torn, a shadow – in the bed until the suns tint the window beyond but he doesn’t see it.

“It’s you.”

He opens his eyes.

She’s not there.

It was you.”
              *sniff* that was *sniff* great *sniff* Does anyone have a hanky??
              &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Spoiler:

“It’s you.”

-

“It’s you.”

“It’s you.”

He opens his eyes.

She’s not there.

It was you.”
                *sniff* I...think it's sad. Sad, but good.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Title: Of Mist, Home and Popcorn.
                  Summary: l’s_silence challenged me to write “John, Teyla and Popcorn”. This is the result. Post ‘Home’.
                  Characters: John and Teyla
                  Spoiler:

John sighed as he flopped onto the sofa in the recreation room. He’d had one of those days; the kind that now seemed to meld into one another as another run of the mill day in another galaxy. He shook his head, smiling wryly. He sometimes wondered about the malleability of human nature when it came to survival. If someone had told him a year ago he’d be part of a joint civilian military expedition to another galaxy where Vampire like creatures wanted to suck the life right out of them, John would not have hesitated to call the doctors on them and have them whisked away. Hell, if he hadn’t seen that chair and the drone that fired from it down in Antarctica, he’d have called the men in the white coats on O’Neill, Weir and everyone else cooped up down in their little hole.

As it was, he was glad he never. They’d only been in Atlantis for a matter of months but already he knew that this was the place he’d been wanting to find for years. Despite the fact that they lived in a constant state of fear – like most sitting ducks do – John knew he would trade it for no other world in two galaxies. He’d found friends in Atlantis – in Pegasus – unlike any he’d ever had in his entire life but he supposed that’s what being cut off from home would do to a small group of people. He spent his everyday life with the people in Atlantis, he worked with them, relaxed with them. They were all his responsibility and it scared him because he had come to grow quite fond of some of them.

“Am I early?”

John looked up from his quiet musings and smiled; Teyla stood in the doorway, her usual combat trousers and tank top replaced with a flowing skirt and matching top. The earthy tones matched the colour of her skin but John couldn’t help but miss the flesh that had been on show to his mind only hours before.

“Not at all, come on in,” he replied and gestured to the spot on the couch beside him. She sat beside him, closer than normal, her arm brushing against his. He turned his head to her and smiled as she did the same.

“Your world is different to what I had expected,” she said quietly, glancing at her hands and suddenly he was alarmed.

“Well, that’s just my take on it. You’d need to really go there to get the feel of it.”

She turned and rested a placating hand on his arm at his alarmed tone, her smile capturing her eyes as well. John looked to where her tanned fingers stretched across his much paler one and he resisted the urge to lift his hand and stroke her fingers with it. He could say with absolute certainty that he was attracted to Teyla, the leader of the Athosian people. She was strong, wise and beautiful with just the right amount of spunk to grab John’s attention. Occasionally they flirted and for a while John had thought that maybe she felt the same way about him but he hadn’t been sure.

“I did not say it was a bad thing.” He frowned at that. “You have spoken of your world as a bad place, Major Sheppard, where the people turn on one another; a planet of war and deceit and struggles for power.” He glanced away. He hadn’t realised he’d painted such a dismal picture of his home planet. “That is not the world I saw through your mind.”

He looked at her again and saw the knowing look in her eyes. She could see right through him; see past all of his bull**** and he was glad. He knows that sometimes he gets into moods where he hates life back in the Milky Way but he had been bitter. Bitter and tired of it all. Pegasus had unleashed a new side to him; the leader, the protector – the killer. He knew it wasn’t all good in Pegasus. With hope came loss and there had been plenty of those; too many almost.

He shook himself from his thoughts when her hand withdraws from his arm and he caught her eye again, sharing a smile.

“Oh!” He said, remembering and climbed over the back of the couch, his hands gripping her shoulder when she made to stand up with him. “I have something for you.” He moved to the cupboard at the other end of the room and rummaged through. Finally he pulled it out and turned t her, relishing in the grin that slowly took over her features. “Don’t tell McKay!” He urged as he came back, pulling the bag of readymade pop corn open.

He heard her chuckle as the lights dimmed, felt her hand rustling in the bag on his lap and he smiled, despite himself.

“I thought the popcorn was finished?” She asked, tongue in cheek and John was glad of her humour.

“I was keeping it for a special occasion.”

She held his eye a moment longer, turning away from him slowly in an attempt to hide her smile. He saw it, despite her efforts, and smiled to himself. She sighed and drew her feet up beside her and John was more than a little surprised when she rested her head on his shoulder, her arm coming to rest against his leg.

“Is this a special occasion?” She asked with false naivety as John slung his arm across her shoulders, tugging her closer to him, sharing a secret smile with his shadow.

“It is now.”
                  This was soooo cute!!!...some nice fluff Gater!.

Title: Heist
                  Summary: AU. He may be a con-man, but John doesn’t like people touching what is his.
                  Characters: John, Teyla, Rodney, Ronon
                  Pairing: John/Teyla, implied John/Others and Teyla/Others
                  Rating. M – for the secks.
                  Notes: Chyti challenged me to do “an AU fic where the team are con men pulling an heist ala ocean eleven. I would love to see the guys cocky and confident and the gals sexy and dangerous.” This is it.

Due to content, you can find this fic here at my LJ or here at ff.net
                  Wow!!!...dang girl can you write!!!...i definitely need a nice cold shower after reading this one!!!

Spoiler:

“It’s you.”

-

“It’s you.”

“It’s you.”

He opens his eyes.

She’s not there.

It was you.”
                  Had me wanting to cry with this one Gater!!! very touching!.

Wow, i caught up with your fics for today! LOL!. You gave us fluff, some HOT J/T and tragedy!...definitely on a role!.
                  sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Title: Heist
                    Summary: AU. He may be a con-man, but John doesn’t like people touching what is his.
                    Characters: John, Teyla, Rodney, Ronon
                    Pairing: John/Teyla, implied John/Others and Teyla/Others
                    Rating. M – for the secks.
                    Notes: Chyti challenged me to do “an AU fic where the team are con men pulling an heist ala ocean eleven. I would love to see the guys cocky and confident and the gals sexy and dangerous.” This is it.

Due to content, you can find this fic here at my LJ or here at ff.net
                    Well....ahem...I hadn't read that one. Jeez woman...my hormones can only take so much

Aaaaannnnnd....whether or not you did it on purpose, I will take that as a personal shout out. I'm self absorbed that way.
                    sigpic

Comment

Count me in! I love the water. I'll supply the drinks.

Spoiler:

Make the snow stop snowing...please.
                      Yay! We can have margaritas!!

Has anyone else had problems with Gateworld today? I have been having a hard time downloading EVERYTHING!
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Dropping off for Jess. Let me know if you need me to change anything.

Comment

Na na na na na...na na....Tequila!!! (like the song...)

Am I the only one that thinks we should develop a drinking game based on every time John licks or bites his lip? One shot for every lick/bite. Two if he holds it longer than 3 seconds.
                          But then....we'd be out within the first few scenes.

Or one for every time Teyla cocks an eyebrow? Maybe that happens less and we could make it through a whole episode without dieing of alcohol poisoning.
                          Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 07 March 2008, 06:28 PM. Reason: Needed more 'na's...
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice Sci

Na na na na na...na na....Tequila!!! (like the song...)

Am I the only one that thinks we should develop a drinking game based on every time John licks or bites his lip? One shot for every lick/bite. Two if he holds it longer than 3 seconds.
                            But then....we'd be out within the first few scenes.

Or one for every time Teyla cocks an eyebrow? Maybe that happens less and we could make it through a whole episode without dieing of alcohol poisoning.
                            I like that idea!! But then again I love alcohol!
                            &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Beautiful.

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                              I like that idea!! But then again I love alcohol!
                              Yes! That's another in. We just need to expand the rules....give me time and it shall be glorious. MWAHAHAHAHA...HA....HA....*cough*
                              sigpic

Comment

Well....ahem...I hadn't read that one. Jeez woman...my hormones can only take so much

Aaaaannnnnd....whether or not you did it on purpose, I will take that as a personal shout out. I'm self absorbed that way.
                                It was a shout out! I actually made a point of Ronon speaking to him, just so he could say that!

Thanks

*now into hibernation til 2moro night*
                                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X