• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Oh there's my Harddrive filler upper.....heehee

Awesome as always!
    My pleasure.

Made a sig to go with the wallie:

(would that be allowed as a sig? Manipulations, I mean?)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
      I second things getting back to the way they were!! Can anyone honestly say they see TPTB keeping the baby around? I know it is kind of harsh to say and all but can you honestly see them having a baby around for the rest of the series?? I don't picture Teyla being a stay at home mom and now you have to write the baby into the story as well. I can't see Teyla having the kid and then deciding it would be better off with her people while she stays in Atlantis and god help me if Michael kidnaps the kid; seriously a little cliched if you ask me.

I have to admit the Adria fast aging thing was one of the only things in that SG-1 storyline I enjoyed....it made everything pretty simple; no way they can get away with something like that in this show though.

So my big '?' for season 5 is what the hell do they intend to do with the kid???
      Spoiler:
      Honestly,i couldn't care less what they do with the Kid just as long as it's not a permanent part of Atlantis....I reall don't want Teyla to be all Maternalized (is that even a word) Anyway i don't want her with a Kid tied to her ankles...I like Teyla just the way she is!

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
      My pleasure.

Not sure,ask one of the Mods...They'd be able to tell ya!
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Honestly,i couldn't care less what they do with the Kid just as long as it's not a permanent part of Atlantis....I reall don't want Teyla to be all Maternalized (is that even a word) Anyway i don't want her with a Kid tied to her ankles...I like Teyla just the way she is!
        Not only that. I just can't honestly say I envision it happening!!

Spoiler:
        Ya know what? I am just keep telling myself that the kid is an evil demon seed bent on their destruction until I learn otherwise It will make feel better, if I do.
        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
        &=AWESOME &Forever
        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
          Not only that. I just can't honestly say I envision it happening!!

Spoiler:
          Ya know what? I am just keep telling myself that the kid is an evil demon seed bent on their destruction until I learn otherwise It will make feel better, if I do.
          Aye me too...I'm just gonna sit here in my nice comfy bubble where JT are together and the Kid doesn't exist....It's so cosy in here!
          sigpic

Comment

My pleasure.

Spoiler:
            No, manips are not allowed. These are beautiful!!
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Welcome newbies!

Happy Milestones!

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
              JM BLOG UPDATE
              Spoiler:

Squall78 writes: “Some fans have said MGM cut the budget and it is likely why SGA got picked up for a 5th season.”

Answer: Untrue. In fact, if MGM had cut the budget, that would have actually worked against the show getting the pick-up. After all, why would the network invest in a show that promised less than the previous year in terms of onscreen quality?

Vvv0472 writes: “1) When did you find out that Amanda Tapping would not be able to be apart of the show in season 5? 2) When did you cast Robert Picardo for season 5?”

Answers: 1) Don’t remember when exactly, but I believe we received the news before leaving for the Christmas break - early December. 2) We made this decision about the same time.

Tardishart writes: “ I am a little saddened that so many folks seem to think Keller is a loose women, god when did it become 1952 again?!”

Answer: 1952?! I was going to suggest Victorian England! Seriously, the fact that she “almost kisses” Ronon and then, months later, asks Rodney to join her for a drink is considered cheap and shameless behavior. The only possible reasoning I can think of for using this line of argument is either 1) The individuals doing the criticizing grew up in a sheltered environment where they were permitted few social interactions with the outside world, or, and this is a stretch 2) They really reeeeeeaching for any possible argument, no matter how ridiculous, to use against the character. God forbid she should change her hairstyle. Cries of “Harlot! Devil Woman!” will surely resound in whichever corridors of fandom these Prudence Goodwife’s happen to frequent.

LostCityGuardian writes: “do you believe that the fact that SGA season 4’s success (ratings and awards etc) has been influenced by the competition (other shows on SciFi and other channels) being hit by the Writer’s Strike? Or is it just because SGA is so damn good?”

Answer: Given the shift in overall television viewership and the increased use of Tivo, dvr, and digital downloads, it’s impossible to answer that question with any degree of certainty. All we can do is make the best show possible and, heading into season 5, that’s what we’ve done.

Anneteldy writes: “And some people become Wraith worshippers because they are ‘addicted’ to the pleasurable aspects of getting one’s life returned. How’d I do?”

Answer: You did great. How great? Check out season 5’s Broken Ties.

Aquarian writes: “Hey, Mister M. I was wondering if it’s possible to find out why Ms Higginson declined.”

Answer: I understand the fans’ desire to support Torri, but I don’t find it fair or helpful to speculate on the reasons for her declining the offer. As I wrote in yesterday’s entry, we fully respect and support Torri’s decision and wish her all the best. For the record, however, it wasn’t a specific script issue. The content of the script (which has yet to be delivered) was never even discussed.

Jason writes: “Will the new Captain Vega character take away screen time from Major Lorne..?”

Answer: No. The introduction of the Vega character had nothing to do with lessening the onscreen presence of any existing characters (regulars or recurring) and everything to do with a genuine desire to expand our roster of familiar faces.

Inpa writes: “Ok, fair enough on the drink thing. But when one character asks another one out for a drink given the context of the episode (Her asking if he was still single, him saying he wasn’t very good at this stuff and then her acknowledging it when asking) it wasn’t a big leap to assume she was asking ‘asking’ him out for a drink. And if they did go out in that way then asking if they were going now isn’t that far a question, but from how the scene played out I didn’t take the question of a drink any other way.”

Answer: Okay, but I take “going out” to imply some sort of relationship.

Vvv0472 writes: “Weren’t the Genii supposed to be super secretive in their underground hiding places/society… it seems as though almost everyone in the galaxy knows that they aren’t simple farmers…”

Answer: They were, but as a result of their run-ins with Atlantis over the years and the shifting presence of the wraith, their super secret has been rendered…well, not so secret.

Janice writes: “I have read on other sites that “per canon” these kind of things always wind up on the cutting room floor. No disrespect intended, but if this is so, then why even bother filming them?”

Answer: You just answered your own question. Logic would dictate we wouldn’t write something we had no intention of keeping in the episode. But, sometimes, the script is running long and cuts need to be made. In the case of Trio, and despite a desire to keep the reference, it came out fairly easily without disrupting the flow of the scene or detracting from the story.

Kikinostro writes: “Are you surprised by the generally negative reaction to Trio?”

Answer: Generally negative reaction? Although people have criticized various aspects of the episode, the feedback I’ve seen has been generally positive.

Itxas lamia writes: “…the most destacable one being the infamous ‘Zelenka bashing’ one.

[…]…honestly I can’t imagine Weir saying such things.”

Answer: In all fairness, there is a scene from the season 3 episode Common Ground in which two dozen pairs of women’s shoes are discovered in Zelenka’s closet including Weir’s missing patent leather pumps. Unfortunately, the scene was cut for time but the deleted footage can still be found among the boxset special features.
              LOL I love his sense of humor!

The RRFic will be up soon. I just need access to that computer.

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                Welcome newbies!

Happy Milestones!

Very Cool! I am looking forward to your part GNB!

Is this your first time at writing fic, too?
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Comment

Title: Eloquence
                  Summary: The words travelling through John Sheppard’s mind needed a certain kind of eloquence.
                  Characters: John, Teyla, Grae, Kanan
                  Pairing: John/Teyla
                  Rating: K+ for a wee swear word.
                  Author’s Note: And so it is with a sad heart and a fond wave that I bid farewell to this, the last of Indomitable. It has been a pleasure to have you as my readers, and I have loved all of your reviews. I hope this is the resolution you were looking for.

Once again, this is for Camy - without whom, this wouldn’t have happened.

Spoiler:
                  Linked due to length

Eloquence
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                    Summary: The words travelling through John Sheppard’s mind needed a certain kind of eloquence.
                    Author’s Note: And so it is with a sad heart and a fond wave that I bid farewell to this, the last of Indomitable. It has been a pleasure to have you as my readers, and I have loved all of your reviews. I hope this is the resolution you were looking for.

Spoiler:
                    Linked due to length

Eloquence
                    That was so beautiful
                    sigpic

Comment

YAY....*crosses fingers in hopes of gettin update before bedtime*

Man it's so freakin Misty out there,could hardly see where i was Driving!
                      I'm hoping too, but I can't promise.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Thanks for the congrats folks.

Has everyone voted in the H&H ship game.. we were doing pretty well but have slipped a bit again so if anyone hasn't yet voted today.... get going..

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=50374&page=56
                      I voted.

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                      Voted!
                      Hey WP!!

I can't give you a Good Night wallpaper (awesome, Camy!!!), but I can give you this...

Kiss #11 (if I'm keeping track correctly) Beya challenge JT Wallpaper

Enjoy!

EDIT: Kiss #12 it is...
                      Very nice. All of them

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                      Welcome newbies!

Happy Milestones!

Hey GNB How are you doing?

Spoiler:
                      Linked due to length

Eloquence
                      I'll read as so as I update Our Time

Comment

That was so beautiful
                        Thanks Linda. Is it what you expected?
                        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          I'm hoping too, but I can't promise.

I voted.

Hey WP!!

Very nice. All of them

Hey GNB How are you doing?

I'll read as so as I update Our Time
                          That's ok,don't rush...I'll read it tomorrow!

Thanks Linda. Is it what you expected?
                          I put it in spoilers in case the others ain't read it yet!

Spoiler:
                          Yes,she is giving him a chance to get her back so that's a good thing....As long as he doesn't screw up...ahhh i'm gonna miss this fic.....I went through so many emotions on this!
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Linked due to length

Eloquence
                            That was amazing
                            Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                            &=AWESOME &Forever
                            No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Linked due to length

Eloquence
                              I have to agree with Linda! Absolutely beautiful!!!
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Linked due to length

Eloquence
                                Left you a review! Excellent!
                                sigpic
                                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X