John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Hey guys. This is just a one shot post for now and then I'll try to com on later. Pete's out of the hospital.

Spoiler:
    They didn't find any blood clots, but his heart rate keeps going up higher then they want. The got him on a bunch of meds. Hopefully that will help. We saw a video that kinda explained about Aterial fibblation(sp) and it's kinda like a muscle spasm of the heart. And because it doesn't pump right it can cause blood clots form which cause a stroke or heart attack.

But otherwise he's ok. And I'll be on later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers.
    I'm so glad Pete is doing better and is able to go home, i'm sure he's happy to finally be getting home.

Thank you for keeping us updated on how he is doing!
    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Harmony
      Spoiler:
      Well it was ok,better than i expected and Rodney was so much better this week than last week...I really didn't like that kid at all,i don't mean i didn't like the Actress,i mean boy was she a spoiled little brat and i wanted Rodney to give her a clout over the Head but she played the part really well..

The part at the end was priceless when they revealed the Painting,John's face was brilliant....But to be honest it started to get a little boring after a while because it was mostly only the 3 of them running around a Forest so it kinda got a little tedious,i think it would have been better if they cut to Atlantis occasionally..You know like maybe had a B story to break it up a bit!

Originally posted by Crescere View Post
      Hmm...
      Spoiler:
      you're right about the coming and going, Vala and Cam were a great addition to the SG1 cast (but any Farscape fan would say that). Daniel and Vala have amazing chemistry.I have to wonder if the producers were thinking along the same lines when the cast Jewel Staite. I'm also a huge Firefly fan, so I never did any Dr. Keller bashing. (I know a no-name would have gotten some serious bashing.) Still sad to see Carson go, but I'm a Keller fan so eh. IMO, SG1 was not the same without Daniel. I had a huge crush on David Spader after seeing the original Stargate years ago, so maybe I'm bias. All time favorite: The Shroud. He makes such a good Prior.

Ah, another one. Lexa Doig from Andromeda replaced Janet Fraiser as chief of medicine, but then she's Michael Shank's wife, so she's in more than just the sci-fi family.

I guess I just need to be patient and wait for Teyla and Ronon to get their due.

Ah! Puss in boots faces will totally work! Can't resist that face.
      Spoiler:
      Well i didn't think Cam and Vala were a great addition to SG-1...I'm a huge Farscape fan and i love Claudia and Ben in Farscape but i dunno,i could just never take to them on SG-1....To me Seasons 9 and 10 were the worst out of the whole Series....Once Jack left it just wasn't the same!

Originally posted by seldear View Post
      Right. I'm off to China for a three week holiday. Be good and don't panic, or be bad and take photos!

Sel.
      Oh lucky you...Well have a great time in China!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Hey guys. This is just a one shot post for now and then I'll try to com on later. Pete's out of the hospital.

Spoiler:
      They didn't find any blood clots, but his heart rate keeps going up higher then they want. The got him on a bunch of meds. Hopefully that will help. We saw a video that kinda explained about Aterial fibblation(sp) and it's kinda like a muscle spasm of the heart. And because it doesn't pump right it can cause blood clots form which cause a stroke or heart attack.

But otherwise he's ok. And I'll be on later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers.
      Spoiler:
      Well that's good that he hasn't got a Blood clot,that is extremely painful....The hubby we're asking for him and hope he gets better soon!
      sigpic

Comment

Harmony caps
        sigpic

Comment

Alright review of Harmony....sorry Elf this time I'm sure you are not going to be to fond of it *lol*
          Spoiler:

Not one of my favorite epis at all...I think it's actually at the bottom this season...
          annoyed as hell at the kid...I was wondering at time can't she just shut the heck up... I think I would even be worse then Rodney trying to deal with her.. and then her sucking up and being all nice with John... you could clearly see even John got more annoyed at her after a while... I think he was just relieved when she put her focus on Rodney instead of talking about marrying John...alright that was just ewww... bla bla I know so much this and that...yeah right then why in the world basically ask a 2 times older guy to be your king...that just irked me even though I found John's reaction to be good...like you got to be kidding me...you are just a kid,,,way way to young for me and you would most likely annoyed me in the end to death...

Loved however John being the military leader that he is..taking that shot that took out 3 Genii soldiers,, just simply being the great leader that he has become...

Didn't really see any stupid things with the women...McKay was actually more at it then John,,he wanted to leave..but yet again he seems he can't say no when I woman get up to him , and sweet talk him into things... but I could handle this,, I've seen way worse with other women...

I actually didn't even find the painting funny...I just rolled my eyes and wondered ,, how blind and annoying could that girl get to be seeing that... John was basically the only one that defended and kept all those three alive...but I guess her little giddy feelings about McKay came into the picture... oh well..

So no,,, some moments were good but not enough to hold my intrest or to even make the top 10 of the 14 episodes that has aired...come to think of it I think it's pretty much on 14th place and will fall most likely with the rest of the season... so will I be watching Harmony again...fat chance.. just pretty much as likely as I would be to watch TRW and that would be never... there are able to make comedic into a serious story but this was just trying to hard with way to much banter with an annoying girl... now I'm a HUGE John fan..but hell this epi didn't make me enjoy it more because he was in it for the whole deal...no wonder I love team episodes... were you see the interactions between team members... the bonding , how they take care of eachother... this was all just a John/Rodney fest,, and no I can get overdosed by that too... even though I maybe not have gotten overdosed by the John/Rodney banter,,,I was overdosed with an annoying brat banter...

Sorry everyone ... but this epi fell pretty flat to me... and hope to whoever that even if Outcast is mostly I'm guessing a John/Ronon epi...it will be way better then this one.
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Alright review of Harmony....sorry Elf this time I'm sure you are not going to be to fond of it *lol*
            Spoiler:

Not one of my favorite epis at all...I think it's actually at the bottom this season...
            annoyed as hell at the kid...I was wondering at time can't she just shut the heck up... I think I would even be worse then Rodney trying to deal with her.. and then her sucking up and being all nice with John... you could clearly see even John got more annoyed at her after a while... I think he was just relieved when she put her focus on Rodney instead of talking about marrying John...alright that was just ewww... bla bla I know so much this and that...yeah right then why in the world basically ask a 2 times older guy to be your king...that just irked me even though I found John's reaction to be good...like you got to be kidding me...you are just a kid,,,way way to young for me and you would most likely annoyed me in the end to death...

Loved however John being the military leader that he is..taking that shot that took out 3 Genii soldiers,, just simply being the great leader that he has become...

Didn't really see any stupid things with the women...McKay was actually more at it then John,,he wanted to leave..but yet again he seems he can't say no when I woman get up to him , and sweet talk him into things... but I could handle this,, I've seen way worse with other women...

I actually didn't even find the painting funny...I just rolled my eyes and wondered ,, how blind and annoying could that girl get to be seeing that... John was basically the only one that defended and kept all those three alive...but I guess her little giddy feelings about McKay came into the picture... oh well..

So no,,, some moments were good but not enough to hold my intrest or to even make the top 10 of the 14 episodes that has aired...come to think of it I think it's pretty much on 14th place and will fall most likely with the rest of the season... so will I be watching Harmony again...fat chance.. just pretty much as likely as I would be to watch TRW and that would be never... there are able to make comedic into a serious story but this was just trying to hard with way to much banter with an annoying girl... now I'm a HUGE John fan..but hell this epi didn't make me enjoy it more because he was in it for the whole deal...no wonder I love team episodes... were you see the interactions between team members... the bonding , how they take care of eachother... this was all just a John/Rodney fest,, and no I can get overdosed by that too... even though I maybe not have gotten overdosed by the John/Rodney banter,,,I was overdosed with an annoying brat banter...

Sorry everyone ... but this epi fell pretty flat to me... and hope to whoever that even if Outcast is mostly I'm guessing a John/Ronon epi...it will be way better then this one.

Couldn't. Agree. More.

LOL, looks like Cynical Jess is back...
            sigpic
            Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Spoiler:

I still love it!
              1-800-Iluv-JandT
              sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                I still love it!
                you still loved all that crap??? *lol*
                sigpic
                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Believe or not I did. It was not my fave ep by a long shot.
                  Spoiler:
                  I really liked the fact that it was not John doing the so-called 'kirking' in it. In fact, he did not even seem that he was even interested in the older sister. He just wanted to get back to Atlantis. That really is what I liked about the ep. You could've shot the girl from the get go if it werer me. And, you could tell that Sheppy wanted to. He sounded so like a parent at times in this! That was great with both Rodney and Harmony. I liked when he said What did I just tell you do? or something like that. I can so relate to that having said many a time to an 8 yr old.-LOL! I guess that is why I found it funny. Boy, could I relate to the stuff he was saying to the girl! But, I definitely would have shot her with the stunner.
                  1-800-Iluv-JandT
                  sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

I'm kindas like you Nina
                    Spoiler:
                    It got boring very qiuckly for me,all it was mostly was John,Rodney and that little Brat running around the Forest mostly the whole ep....I don't think it would have been as bad if they had some sort of B story in there too on Atlantis or something,then it wouldn't have gotten so tedious!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      I'm kindas like you Nina
                      Spoiler:
                      It got boring very qiuckly for me,all it was mostly was John,Rodney and that little Brat running around the Forest mostly the whole ep....I don't think it would have been as bad if they had some sort of B story in there too on Atlantis or something,then it wouldn't have gotten so tedious!
                      I think in the end I could have handled it better if

Spoiler:
                      First of all that kid wasn't so annyoing I just wanted to place duck tape over her mouth to get her to shut up...

The muttering of John at several times when either she talked and said something so stupid or Harmony and Rodney going at it with eachother... he got annoyed pretty quickly too... it was like at times he was trying hard not to say something but was fuming on the inside...

if they had played the danger angle more it could have been better..but they tossed in way to much brat banter it killed the epi for me...

The only thing I found good was that John used his leadership skills...and just how dangerous he can be when up against enemies,,it's like they always think they can get the better of him...haven't they learned already especially this being the Genii...and he took pretty much out an whole army of them in The Storm/The Eye... and the fact that John didn't seem affected by the two sisters... he might be a sucker to be talked into things if the girls pulls really on her charm but other then that I found Rodney way more into the girls and wanting to stay there when John just wanted to go home...
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I just want to say this...... Poor Rodney, when he and the kid went at each other I couldn't help but at it!! I think if you look at it a sertain way you can find it as the highlight in terms of fuinny for the season, after all JM said that S4 was going to be a dark one but would have its funny times, I think this ep was just the only funny one of the whole series!

but that's just me, now don't kill me or stone me yet.... at least until after you huys hear what I'm writing now.....

it is a JT fic, BUT it takes place in the Milky way, John and teyla are yet to be maried, they are currently engaged, a mission ot the SGC by the request of Teal'c leads the three to Hak'tyl, when they find nothing there they go back to the SGC, shortly after returning to the SGC for the second time in the day, the gate starts up and is starting to over power itself, Ish'ta comes sailing through it similar to the way Daniel did in season one of SG-1 when Jack and Sam were trapped in the cold south.

it'll be Teal'c/Ish'ta, and John/Teyla, wriotten actually for a friend of mine whos fave pairings are Teal'c and Ish'ta, and John and Teyla. though her very fave character is Ish'ta

now you can kill me

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I think in the end I could have handled it better if

Spoiler:
                          First of all that kid wasn't so annyoing I just wanted to place duck tape over her mouth to get her to shut up...

The muttering of John at several times when either she talked and said something so stupid or Harmony and Rodney going at it with eachother... he got annoyed pretty quickly too... it was like at times he was trying hard not to say something but was fuming on the inside...

if they had played the danger angle more it could have been better..but they tossed in way to much brat banter it killed the epi for me...

The only thing I found good was that John used his leadership skills...and just how dangerous he can be when up against enemies,,it's like they always think they can get the better of him...haven't they learned already especially this being the Genii...and he took pretty much out an whole army of them in The Storm/The Eye... and the fact that John didn't seem affected by the two sisters... he might be a sucker to be talked into things if the girls pulls really on her charm but other then that I found Rodney way more into the girls and wanting to stay there when John just wanted to go home...
                          Spoiler:
                          Yeah i found her really annoying at times...Well almost all of the time and like i said i wanted Rodney to give her good ol clout over the Head ...Boy i wish Shep let him stun her with the Wraith Stunner and them running abnout the Forest for most of the ep didn't do much for me i'm afraid...It got rather boring very quickly.....I didn't realize how much i rely on the Team eps cause it just ain't the same without the rest of the Team there!
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I agree. It bored me. Upon further reflection I felt bored even thinking about it, you know. John doesn't use his leadership skills too often (in this sense) so it was good to see em again.

and the fact that John didn't seem affected by the two sisters... he might be a sucker to be talked into things if the girls pulls really on her charm but other then that I found Rodney way more into the girls and wanting to stay there when John just wanted to go home...[/SPOILERS]
                            I don't know about this...
                            Spoiler:
                            I believe the chick pulled her charm but I don't know if that's what made John change his mind. Before, he'd wanted to go home when she was basically offering herself to him on a plate and it was when she 'threatened' him with severing their trading bond that he changed his mind. You could see that he knew what she was trying to do.

And the fact that Rodney was so flirtatious irked me. Surely, if he and Katie have broken up, he'd need a bit more time to get over her if he did love her. And if they're not... oh... Rodney.
                            don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Hi all

Nina, Linda I agree with you both

Spoiler:
                              This ep sucked. Well except for, as you’ve mentioned Nina, Sheppard’s ability to never disappoint when it comes to taking control—no doubt there. He was on point the entire time. Oh and yeah the painting. Not a high point I know for you Nina, but I couldn’t help but get a good laugh out of it. Oh well.
                              But moving on from that Sheppard really helped me get through this suckfest. There was no Ronon and EGADS no Teyla. But at least Ronon got a mention; as for Teyla-nothing. So very disappointed there. And Harmony! She was just unbearable and because I’d like to put her out of my mind, I’m not gonna go any further about her.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                              Well, I just watched Harmony. It was... different.
                              Spoiler:
                              I can't say I was rivetted but it was okay. How cliche, though that they had the sister grass her wee sister out? Hmmm. So didn't see that one coming 8-)

I have to say that I much preferred Rodney in this episode than in Quarantine. Speaking of... I take it we're to assume from his obvious flirting and 'dib' calling, that he and Katie are well and truly over? That's a shame.

I loved the interaction between John and the little girl, though I can't say I particularly liked her. I loved John's face when she unveiled the photo... LOL. At least they mentioned one other member of the team (Ronon), though I think the fact that this episode had a kid in it, they could maybe have referred to her. i.e. Rodney: "I hope Teyla's kid doesn't grow up to be like this", or similar.
                              I ALSO loved John's face when the little lass was like "I will need a King." Lol.

One thing that niggled at me as I was watching... how many times did McKay say "brat/bratty". I am going to watch it again and actually count.

Another thing, seems Atlantis aren't the only ones to start wearing black leather... what were thoe Genii outfits all about??
                              All in all, not bad.

A line like that from Rodney would have been great.
                              And to add to making it even greater would have been a response in return from Shep akin to, "Teyla’s kid. No way in hell. Not with Teyla as a mom.”

Yeah that would have been nice. It definitely would have made this ep a tad more bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by space lagged View Post

A line like that from Rodney would have been great.
                                And to add to making it even greater would have been a response in return from Shep akin to, "Teyla’s kid. No way in hell. Not with Teyla as a mom.”

Yeah that would have been nice. It definitely would have made this ep a tad more bearable.
                                Heh, yeah. It seems like something Rodney would worry about, since he has an apparent dislike for "brats".

TBH, I wouldn't expect John to reply verbally to that, maybe he'd respond with a look... typical John. We all know he's not very good with the whole vocalising his emtions thing.
                                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X