John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoodleyDog View Post
    May I ask a rookie question of the veteran J/T shippers?

How do you feel about TPTB, considering how they've handled this ship? And has the constant push-pull turned you off to J/T, or made you cling to it all the more, because it's best when love ultimately conquers all?

I've always been able to see the possibilities of J/T together. It just makes so much sense. But IMO, TPTB haved turned them into Ross and Rachel....putting them together, tearing them apart....gaaaah! It drives me crazy!

I had high hopes when I heard

Spoiler:

about Teyla's pregnancy. I thought "FINALLY! Teyla and John admit their feelings and hook up!"

....but the way that storyline has played out this season has left me a little
    I think a lot of us thought that about Teyla's story arc this year. But... I'm drawn to them, through their angst. I love fluffy John & Teyla of season one but I can totally understand why they haven't gotten them together - yet. It's never been the right time and I believe Teyla's people will ultimately always come first for her. To start with, there was always the possibility that they would be pulled back from Atlantis to Earth once they'd reconnected, or that John would be and that is enough to put them off. Then they got into this role of friends and they didn't want to break that. And now, with this crazy curveball, I think there is a reassessment of their boundaries needed.

In S1, it's easy to see why so many people are into Shepp/Weir (and it pains me to say that!) but there is just so much more 'chemistry' between them. I think (and I know some disagree) that Weir definitely had a thing for John, at least. But then, as Joe (or someone) said, "sometimes a hug is just a hug".

Which leads to Doppelganger and that other episode, where there is OUR kind of hugs... Where I don't believe a hug is just a hug...

I like what TPTB are doing to our couple.

But that's just me.
    Originally posted by Camy View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I"m going to screammm.....oh, I'm screaming already...

I HATE SATELLITE!!!!

Hubby and I record Stargate..well, he records Flash Gordon and all those shows before SGA but in the middle of Quarantine, the stupid satellite went off, and now I"m trying to buy it in Itunes and it's not there!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Oohhh... that hurts, man, really. Don't worry, you're not missing much
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
      That so bites!!!!

OMG!!!
      Spoiler:
      SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

You like it then? I'm hoping to make some better ones - that was just a quick knock together thing...
      sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Ruby, Linda...this is not the time to pick on CAMY!

SHE'S PISSED! *wink*
        o.O

your. . . dish. . . went. . . out?!?!?!

GROUP HUG AROUND CAMY GUYS!!!!! *Group Hug Here*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

14members online...

JT party time!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Ruby, Linda...this is not the time to pick on CAMY!

SHE'S PISSED! *wink*
            Here you go CAMILITA!!!! QUICK! BEFORE YOU BLOW A GASKET!!!!
            Spoiler:

1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
              14members online...

JT party time!!!
              YAY!!
              Spoiler:
              PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY!!!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

That so bites!!!!

OMG!!!
                Spoiler:
                SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
                *blinks in attempt to get vision back*

Man Elfie, that was some squeeee.

Though, admittedly deserved.
                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  Maybe...

Spoiler:
                  I think they are forming an attachment to John and the baby. When the baby ends up in peril (because, do anyone really think everything will be all peaches and cream when it's time for the baby to be born?) John will be sad, angry and everything in between. Since Teyla is off-limits, John has to show his affection to the unborn child.

And ITA, about John touching her tummy. None of my male friends or babe's friends, would put their hands on my tummy nor would I put them on their. It's a very personal thing.
                  That's a very good POV and I agree witht guys thing. I feel the way.

Hey J/T shippers!

Just popping in to say...

Spoiler:
                  that it was great to see your couple having some nice moments last night. The belly scene was sweet, as was John saying that Teyla's baby was family.

If you're overseas and haven't seen the eppy yet, I recapped it live last night in the Ronon/Keller thread. By special request of a fellow R/K shipper, I paid special attention to the J/T scenes as well.
                  DoodleyDog. I jus want to say thank you so much for the recap and everything on the R/K thread. You were awesome and thank hubby for being patient to let you do all that stopping.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Yes too true Sel!

Quarantine caps
                  Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  It's short and hopefully not to sweet (sorry in advance for any cavities ): Campanion
                  Thanks Linda.

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                  JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                  “A relationship blossoms, an engagement is planned.” = Quarantine.

Joyce writes: “Hi Joe, I was wondering… when the SGA cast was chosen, were the main characters mostly chosen through auditions, or did you (meaning the head execs for SGA) have some of the actors in mind already?”

Answer: The casting was a long and often arduous process. I remember that one of the first roles cast was that of Dr. Beckett. Weir followed soon after. The characters of Sheppard and Teyla proved quite a challenge for most of the actors who auditioned. It took a while, but we finally found the right people for both roles. But that was nothing compared to our attempts to find the right person to play the role of the team scientist. After countless auditions and production fast-approaching, Robert Cooper had the brilliant idea of using an established SG-1 character instead: Carter’s arrogant, annoying, yet some lovable rival, Dr. Rodney McKay. Rob gets a gold star for that one.
                  Thanks MrsB for update.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I"m going to screammm.....oh, I'm screaming already...

I HATE SATELLITE!!!!

Hubby and I record Stargate..well, he records Flash Gordon and all those shows before SGA but in the middle of Quarantine, the stupid satellite went off, and now I"m trying to buy it in Itunes and it's not there!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                  Oh no Camy and I know how you feel. I can't get Itunes either.

I loved how easily she did that... it was just so comfortable and just... aw! *warm feeling*

HAHA you know you love me really Elf!

Spoiler:
                  ROFL!!!
                  That is soooo awesome.

May I ask a rookie question of the veteran J/T shippers?

How do you feel about TPTB, considering how they've handled this ship? And has the constant push-pull turned you off to J/T, or made you cling to it all the more, because it's best when love ultimately conquers all?

I've always been able to see the possibilities of J/T together. It just makes so much sense. But IMO, TPTB haved turned them into Ross and Rachel....putting them together, tearing them apart....gaaaah! It drives me crazy!

I had high hopes when I heard

Spoiler:

about Teyla's pregnancy. I thought "FINALLY! Teyla and John admit their feelings and hook up!"

....but the way that storyline has played out this season has left me a little
                  I personally, have loved how much has changed in Season 4 and I hope they don't do a Ross and Rachel thing, but I don't want things rushed either. I'll take all I can get.

Comment

You like it then? I'm hoping to make some better ones - that was just a quick knock together thing...
                    Are kidding me!! It's great. The SQUEEEEEing is the proof of that!!
                    1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Comment

Hey if you haven't voted in the H&H Atlantis ships today, go now - we're doing ok, but we're being targeted by the Ronon/Teyla shippers and the Sheppard/Weir shippers

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=50374&page=6
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

ROFL!!!
                        That is soooo awesome.
                        Thanks Sci!

Are kidding me!! It's great. The SQUEEEEEing is the proof of that!!
                        Lol thanks you can have it if you want
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sci!

Lol thanks you can have it if you want
                          Thanks Rubes!!!
                          1-800-Iluv-JandT
                          sig by Sci!

Comment

Hey if you haven't voted in the H&H Atlantis ships today, go now - we're doing ok, but we're being targeted by the Ronon/Teyla shippers and the Sheppard/Weir shippers

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=50374&page=6
                            So.. you can vote every day then??
                            *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
                              So.. you can vote every day then??
                              yup, once every 24 hours

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                                JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                                “A relationship blossoms, an engagement is planned.” = Quarantine.

Joyce writes: “Hi Joe, I was wondering… when the SGA cast was chosen, were the main characters mostly chosen through auditions, or did you (meaning the head execs for SGA) have some of the actors in mind already?”

Answer: The casting was a long and often arduous process. I remember that one of the first roles cast was that of Dr. Beckett. Weir followed soon after. The characters of Sheppard and Teyla proved quite a challenge for most of the actors who auditioned. It took a while, but we finally found the right people for both roles. But that was nothing compared to our attempts to find the right person to play the role of the team scientist. After countless auditions and production fast-approaching, Robert Cooper had the brilliant idea of using an established SG-1 character instead: Carter’s arrogant, annoying, yet some lovable rival, Dr. Rodney McKay. Rob gets a gold star for that one.
                                Thanks for the update MrsB!!!!!
                                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                                sig by Sci!

Comment

Working...
                                X