John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
    Naw. Cause it's a BBcode for sigs. Avatars are individual images.
    Oh. Whatever that means.

I gotta go. See ya later!
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
      Oh. Whatever that means.

I gotta go. See ya later!
      Bye, WP! Have fun!
      Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
      "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
      sigpic
      dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        No, no, thank YOU for reading and reviewing I'm glad you're still enjoying. They are actually starting to link together, instead of being one snippet... there is one to come for "the night she showed up at his door" but I haven't started writing it yet, and I don't even know where it will come in the series! Lol.

It's songs that are influencing this series - the meaning behind them. If you'd like, I could share them with y'all do you can A) get a feel for the fics and B) maybe get a clue as to what is going to happen? :O lol
        Oh, I would love that! Thanks!!
        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
          You can't use an imagerotation site for avatars too?
          I've only seen it done on LJ. I forgot who has it.

Comment

Title: Abjure
            Summary: He looked away and kept walking, his heart splintering a tiny bit more as she walked silently by.
            Characters: John, Carter & Teyla
            Pairing: John/Teyla, Teyla/Kanan.
            Rating: K
            Spoilers: Missing through Kindred
            Spoiler:

“Do you know what you’re asking for?”

John nodded his head slowly, his eyes falling from Carter’s. He’d debated coming here and asking her this for well over a week; had paced about in his room for hours before coming to her office and then spent a good half hour - at least - in the control room watching her as she read mission reports, wondering if this was really what he wanted to do.

“Yeah.”

He saw her nod and he flinched slightly at her pinched expression. He felt both relieved and guilty now that he’d voiced his request and he wanted both to jump for joy and retract his statement. He gulped in a breath of air and felt it soothe the aching in his muscles. He felt the stillness in the room creeping up on him but it couldn’t quite subtract from his quickly soothing body.

“I understand that you’re team – you – has been through a lot recently but... are you sure this is what you want to do?”

He raised his eyes to hers at the sceptical tone of her voice and nodded his head solemnly.

“Yeah. I just need to get away for a while.”

And it was no lie. So much had happened to him since he’d joined the Atlantis expedition that it was no wonder he had gone a little mad and needed to go home to Earth for a while to try and get himself together. It sounded cliché even to him but he needed some time alone to think and sort through everything that was going through his mind and he couldn’t do that on Atlantis; not when there was a crisis at every corner, not when everything seemed to be going wrong... not when he saw her every day.

And that was it, really, the reason why he was running away. He’d thought he’d come to terms with everything that had happened in the past two years with what had happened with Carson, Elizabeth, Ford, Nancy, Michael, the Replicators and even what had been going on with Teyla.

And then she’d shown up at his door that night and everything went so unbelievably wrong that he wasn’t sure he knew exactly what had started it.

What had happened hadn’t really changed anything because no one knew but it put them in a position that they needn’t be in and he just couldn’t handle it anymore. He’d had a small reprieve when she’d gone to the mainland after Doran – he felt his chest tighten at the thought of the name – was born with Kanan – he felt his throat dry at the thought of that name – but it was short lived and he knew the only way he’d be able to get over it... get over her would be to go back to Earth and bury his head so far in the sand that even his butt would be covered.

“I...” He looked up at her and saw her heave a sigh, uncertainty lacing her features. “You know, you’re not that only one affected by what happened... we were all affected in some way because Teyla is an integral part of this unit now...” John nodded, his throat drying, his eyes clouding over with tears that he’d yet to shed for any of it. He could see Carter examining him, trying to read him and he looked away, glanced to the hands that were fisted up in his lap, grasping a small piece of paper he couldn’t even remember picking up. “I know everyone needs to get away for a while but...” She trailed off, and her faced changed. She nodded. “All right; I will still need to clear it with the SGC but I will put a strong recommendation through for you.” He sighed in relief, the smile not quite making it to his face. He felt a sudden lump in the back of his throat and he gulped it down. “How long will you need?”

He looked up at her again and shook his head slightly.

“I don’t know.”

She nodded.

“Okay.” She didn’t question him and he was glad. He shifted in his seat, suddenly uncomfortable under her gaze. “I’ll contact you once I’ve spoken with General Landry.”

He smiled slightly in gratitude and swept a hand through his hair, and stood up.

He made it to the door, had a foot over it before she spoke his name and he paused but did not turn around.

“Whatever you’re looking for... I hope you find it.”

He nodded almost imperceptibly and walked away, without looking up. He made it to the corridor outside the control room before he looked up and his eyes found her instantly. Brown met hazel and it seemed like time stopped, his heart beat slowed down until he was sure it had stopped in his chest.

Then he looked away and kept walking, his heart splintering a little more as she walked silently by.
            No, no, thank YOU for reading and reviewing I'm glad you're still enjoying. They are actually starting to link together, instead of being one snippet... there is one to come for "the night she showed up at his door" but I haven't started writing it yet, and I don't even know where it will come in the series! Lol.

It's songs that are influencing this series - the meaning behind them. If you'd like, I could share them with y'all do you can A) get a feel for the fics and B) maybe get a clue as to what is going to happen? :O lol

Oh wow Gater! great writing...i'm sooo feeling John's inner pain and struggle!!!. I'm loving these little chapters!.

YAY! i'm sooo happy your going to write the scene where she comes to him at night, when i was reading this snippet, i was like....what happend when she came over!!!! LOL!. Totally have me curious what happened because it must have been bad if
            Spoiler:
            John wants to leave for a while.
            sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
              It's from Tabula Rasa
              Oh yeah!!! Tabula Rasa! LOL!. Well that is one great cap because Ronon's face is totally priceless! LOL!.
              sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

HI! I"m so tired...Exhausted from shopping..

Everyone had a good holiday!?

Oh, less than a week before BAMSR....are we still guessing which episode will be the big reveal?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post

Oh, less than a week before BAMSR....are we still guessing which episode will be the big reveal?
                  Hey Camy.
                  Yes I did.

My first guess was Quarentine, but now I'm leaning towards BAMSR or SOW.
                  Spoiler:
                  I think JM mentioned about a nice moment between Rodney and Teyla. Either see tells them and he's there to support or comfort her in a friendship way or he finds out (figures out), maybe towards the end of the ep and helps her tell the others.
                  I think the big blow scene with John is in Quarentine. I'm not sure.

Comment

Heya Camy - like Sci I'm now leaning towards BAMSR as well. Hope you're having fun shopping... I have no money, or else I'd be hitting the sales as well!

Great little fic Gater - wonderful angst as always.

Ok, I've gotta go to work now Toodle pip.
                    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Hello everyone! Things have been crazy busy for Christmas. I just got a new job so that's been part of it. Still working on my fic. You'll never believe what I discovered the day before Christmas!

Spoiler:
                      http://piggymoo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=918
                      Spoiler:
                      If you want to rewatch an SGA episode, they have them all there to watch for free in video streaming. You don't have to download them. Very good quality, and you can watch them in full screen mode. I watched several and then started watching SG1...they've got all 10 seasons of SG1 up. I watched the original Stargate with Kurt Russel and James Spader, but never got into it until Atlantis started airing. Just thought I'd pass on the word.

I'll be back to chat before BAMSR airs. I'm so incredibly excited!

Comment

Well the Bookies Log has me on every eppy on the later half of the season.

heck she might only reveal to just John and nobody else too you know....

also hi Crescere! LOVE your siggie!!

and guys to let you know I'm in lurk mode until someone needs knocking out for bed..... hehehe *Picks up Anduril and heads for bed and whump filled dreams* *seeing the sword Teyla whimpers and tries to hide under the covers* hehe night all....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Crescere View Post
                          Hello everyone! Things have been crazy busy for Christmas. I just got a new job so that's been part of it. Still working on my fic. You'll never believe what I discovered the day before Christmas!

Spoiler:
                          http://piggymoo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=918
                          Spoiler:
                          If you want to rewatch an SGA episode, they have them all there to watch for free in video streaming. You don't have to download them. Very good quality, and you can watch them in full screen mode. I watched several and then started watching SG1...they've got all 10 seasons of SG1 up. I watched the original Stargate with Kurt Russel and James Spader, but never got into it until Atlantis started airing. Just thought I'd pass on the word.

I'll be back to chat before BAMSR airs. I'm so incredibly excited!
                          Thank you for the link Crescere!
                          I'm excited too! Still about a week left too wait...! *love your sig btw, beautiful!*
                          Last edited by TeylaFan; 27 December 2007, 04:30 AM.
                          *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                            I liked "Never Again", but "Sober" is my favorite. It's kinda depressing, depending on how you look at it. I've been in the mood for depressing music recently. Like "Hello" by Evanescence. That's sad. So is "My Immortal".

Teyilia! ANDURIL?!?!? I AM SO JEALOUS! I wonder how long it'll be before I find Teyla in the infirmary with a stab wound?
                            Ok question....What the heck is Anduril?
                            sigpic

Comment

Wake up sleepy thread..............

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Ok question....What the heck is Anduril?
                                Hehe good!
                                I'm not the only one who doesn't know what the heck thát is..
                                *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Working...
                                X