John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post

LOL... so, who's the milk and who's the cookies?
    Oh that's easy! Teyla would be the milk because she's graceful and smooth and flowing while John must be the cookie because as much as he tries to hide it behind his somewhat hard and nutty exterior, he's all soft and gooey on the inside... :
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
      Awesome!! Thanks man! I never saw those last ones before.....
      Spoiler:
      You have any plans to go to the next convention thing??I know people are talking about one coming up that JF is said to be going to...I think its Vancouver but I aint sure.....
      I really don't know....
      Spoiler:
      I would love to meet him again... it's so rare to meet an actor that is so down to earth as he is...nothing has gone to his head..
      I've heard that he would do a con in the US... but there is no way that I could go there or to anything that he would do like in Vancouver... it's just to far away...takes way to much planning on my part since I live in Sweden...the cost are almost horrible for some conventions...I've seen some that has been in Vancouver..and with the ticket, the flight and hotel..it would cost me like a months pay...and that is to much when you have everything else to take care..the boring bills and all that...

Of course I would love to have been able to be on set and meet them in their enviroment,,, but hardly think that would happen.. I was just lucky I was able to meet him in London last year... if I had never become a member of GW I wouldn't have knows about The Expo...and wouldn't have met him... I was thinking long if I should really go... and since I would go alone and not know anyone in a city I had never visited before... but in the end... friends pushed..and the dream of actually finally meeting someone that I truly liked..I thought what the hell and went...and I haven't had any regrets...
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
        some pics from the DVD features...
        Spoiler:
        First pics of Rachel and Joe having fun...and the other pics,,,of David, Jason and Rachel having fun with Joe...
        http://beaniesheppard.livejournal.co...21.html#cutid1
        Okay, LOVE this!!! Thanks for posting Nina!

Originally posted by Camy View Post
        Nina...No, no...go through every single one of them even if it's an episode without much JT but season 1 had JT so there...you have to do it them all one by one and in order...pretty please?
        Spoiler:

Okay....38 minutes....WOW! I...well..it took me a couple of episodes to really get into this show....I came thinking that John was going to be too much like O'Neill and I hated that idea.

So, Teyla was the one that reeled me in and then by the end of Season 2 I was hooked and sold on John. There were some things about him that I didn't particularly find intriguing and interesting, because he's really the regular hero personna, but Joe Flanigan has able to really flesh out John with the little that they give him to say in the show that he's really turned this character for me as definetely up there with Teyla....

Now 38 minutes..I missed the first time, and the second time and the third time it aired..I ended up seeing it either after the end of Season 2 or during the mid way of Season 2. I didn't come to this forum till after the second half of Season 2 so I didn't know what I had missed in 38 minutes. And there wasn't much around either.

So, long story short. I think it's one of the shippiest JT stories ever! It has action, angst, and clear signs of how these two care for one another.
        I love the interaction between them from the very beginning. Teyla stands very close to John and trusts him wholeheartedly as well as John. I just love the part where they go up that hill...AH! It's so damn cute to see him helping her. And the irony is that I betcha that was all Joe's doing cause you would think that Teyla would have no problem going up that little hill afer leaving in that type of terrain all her life!

In addition, you see how he sends them to leave when they are being attacked and that's when he also pushes Teyla out of the way so that she isn't shot herself. And well, during the entire ordeal, you see not only Teyla's concern but you see how John is concerned for her as well. I love the little bit where he wakes up and asks her "are you okay?" and even Teyla is surprised that he's thinking of her and not of himself. Love it! The care and worry on her face during the entire thing is priceless and finally when she carries him through the event horizon, risking herself for him....AWESOME!
        These two had this instant connection from the start...they risked it all for one another unquestioningly..and that is something that I think is so damn inspiring and rare. It's genuine, it's pure and it's real....and I love it!
        I love 38 Minutes - it's such a great team epi and really shows them gelling together for the first time. I love that Teyla doesn't leave his side the entire time and it has so many wonderful moments.

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
        lol But I think I remember Rachel comparing the Bolokai to Reavers from Firefly. And honestly, I find Reavers more terrifying than Neanderthals.
        For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this is a Reaver.
        Spoiler:
        Ooh, Reavers are freaky. They always make me shudder in Serenity. Joss Whedon has a very twisted imagination.

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
        Oh how I wish I was Rachel at that particular moment! LOL
        Right there with ya matey... thunk! Have to say I don't think she's actually touching him.

Awesome!! Thanks man! I never saw those last ones before.....
        Spoiler:
        You have any plans to go to the next convention thing??I know people are talking about one coming up that JF is said to be going to...I think its Vancouver but I aint sure.....
        Spoiler:
        I'm going to the Vancouver convention in April. Everyone should go - JT THREAD ROADTRIP!!!
        sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

some pics from the DVD features...
          Spoiler:
          First pics of Rachel and Joe having fun...and the other pics,,,of David, Jason and Rachel having fun with Joe...
          http://beaniesheppard.livejournal.co...21.html#cutid1
          Oh, those are HILARIOUS! What DVD is this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            AWESOME sci!!!

WOOHOO.....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MRSB....I'm a very happy ninja linda now, see!
            Thanks Linda

Here you go
            Spoiler:

Random Joe pics from Expo

I can never get enough of seeing you or anyone who was lucky enough to have met Joe. Awwww.

I just posted Quania's vid "At the Beginning" on my LJ. I also posted RL's link because RL has her vid in her Youtube menu, under Articles. Any way here's my link. http://scifan1.livejournal.com/ I'm so happy for her.

I know it's not new, but here's my contribution to the 38 Min. Challenge.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
              Oh that's easy! Teyla would be the milk because she's graceful and smooth and flowing while John must be the cookie because as much as he tries to hide it behind his somewhat hard and nutty exterior, he's all soft and gooey on the inside... :
              ROFLMAO! Dangit...I"ll never eat cookies with milk again without this popping into my head! LOL

btw...soft batch is my favorite! I hate hard cookies! *wink*
              sigpic

Comment

LOL, very true...
                sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

I really don't know....
                  Spoiler:
                  I would love to meet him again... it's so rare to meet an actor that is so down to earth as he is...nothing has gone to his head..
                  I've heard that he would do a con in the US... but there is now way that I could go there or to anything that he would do like in Vancouver... it's just to far away...takes way to much planning on my part since I live in Sweden...the cost he almost horrible for some conventions...I've seen some that has been in Vancouver..and with the ticket, the flight and hotel..it would cost me like a months pay...and that is to much when you have everything else to take care..the boring bills and all that...

Of course I would love to have been able to be on set and meet them in their enviroment,,, but hardly think that would happen.. I was just lucky I was able to meet him in London last year... if I had never become a member of GW I wouldn't have knows about The Expo...and wouldn't have met him... I was thinking long if I should really go... and since I would go alone and not know anyone in a city I had never visited before... but in the end... friends pushed..and the dream of actually finally meeting someone that I truly liked..I thought what the hell and went...and I haven't had any regrets...
                  Dude
                  Spoiler:
                  , absolutely I mean you only live once right? Good for you and now you have the memories and pics to look back on. Is it really that pricey?? Ouch.....that sucks....

Hey maybe you can win the "Get in the gate" thing and go on set. Did they announce the winner for that yet btw?

Comment

Oh, those are HILARIOUS! What DVD is this from?
                    Season 3 DVD's

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                    Thanks Linda

I can never get enough of seeing you or anyone who was lucky enough to have met Joe. Awwww.

I just posted Quania's vid "At the Beginning" on my LJ. I also posted RL's link because RL has her vid in her Youtube menu, under Articles. Any way here's my link. http://scifan1.livejournal.com/ I'm so happy for her.

Spoiler:
                    Awesome artwork for 38 Minutes...
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Season 3 DVD's

Thanks Nina! Is this the European DVD's as they haven't been released here in the US yet? They are coming out on Tues here. Can't wait!!! But these will be fun to watch for! Do we know which ep special feature these are under?

Comment

Dude
                        Spoiler:
                        , absolutely I mean you only live once right? Good for you and now you have the memories and pics to look back on. Is it really that pricey?? Ouch.....that sucks....

Hey maybe you can win the "Get in the gate" thing and go on set. Did they announce the winner for that yet btw?
                        Yeah the momeries....
                        Spoiler:
                        Copies of the pics and the one of him as a promo shot that he signed is up on my living room wall....

And yeah trust me I'm glad I went,,, even if it was on my own...I met some people from GW over there... some Shep whumpers and Blue for short little second...

yeah the cons in the US are rather pricey...it's sucks..other wise it would be awesome to do a con in Vancouver for example...

well the stupid thing about Get in the gate ..is that it's only for US residence... not outside of US,,,which is sad...would have been cool other wise...

But hey I'm just glad I took the shot and I got to meet him ... atleast I know I've seen him over the course of 2 whole days,,,talked to him a few times.. and taking pics with him.. felt the sweet lean muscles around his waist *fangirl moment* naughty... *lol* and hey we had fun when he recognized us during his talk that we were the girls that he had seen I'm sure over and over again during the days... *LOL*
                        sigpic
                        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Thanks Nina! Is this the European DVD's as they haven't been released here in the US yet? They are coming out on Tues here. Can't wait!!! But these will be fun to watch for! Do we know which ep special feature these are under?
                          Not sure which feature it is...didn't say on the site...
                          They are not released here in Europe either yet... I think it's this coming week that they are being released... I have bought them and got a mail they were shipped on friday...so I'll see when I get them... I love watching the extra stuff on the DVD's... sad though that no actors will make any commantaries on the DVDs this time...
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Alright, have to go do some cleaning at home but I wanted to pimp Tielan's current Prompt Battle...remember I mentioned that I wanted to do one in Beya...well she beat me to it..I'm still deciding whether to go ahead and do my own still in Beya or to wait till hers is over. But hers is till the end of October, I wanted mine to go only till the first week of October after the premiere. I"ll let you guys know what I decide. In any case, this one you don't have to be a member since you post your replies to the challenges right in the comment section of the posting. So, please read the rules and guidelines and even if you aren't a member of LJ or anything like that you can still post as an anonymous. At least that is my understanding of it. Also, remember this is an adult community, so be careful and read the ratings and if you post, also post the rating.

Have fun and let me know what you think of such an idea for Beya.

http://community.livejournal.com/john_teyla/70354.html

I'll be back later...I hope! Have a great Sunday and keep the JT love ALIVE!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Thanks Linda

Spoiler:
                              Oh, I missed that before that RL has one of Quania's vid on her menu! That is sooooo cool!!!!! I'm surprised Q is able to have her vids up on Youtube though. They've been removing any and all Stargate material for months now. Have they lightened up on that again perhaps? Regardless, VERY cool!!!! And very cool that she has a J/T vid too!!!!

And love the wallie!!! This is such a great ep, for all the reasons already listed!

Comment

Not sure which feature it is...didn't say on the site...
                                They are not released here in Europe either yet... I think it's this coming week that they are being released... I have bought them and got a mail they were shipped on friday...so I'll see when I get them... I love watching the extra stuff on the DVD's... sad though that no actors will make any commantaries on the DVDs this time...
                                Thanks Nina! I just looked at the site again and she comments they're during an interview, so I guess I'll just start with watching all of the interviews first to see if I can find them!

I should get mine on Wed as I did one day shipping! Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X