John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
    Ohhh, great article!!! Thank you!!!!!! Can I just say YAY again!!!! Can't wait for season four!!!! Love the whole jealousy comment!!!

Spoiler:
    Although I have to admit it also makes me a tad nervous as it suggests there could be something or someone for him to be jealous of. Which while I love the jealousy thing and it would be even more AWESOME confirmation of John's feelings, I really don't want to see Teyla's pregnancy be just from some random guy. As we've discussed before, that is entirely out of character for her and would be extremely disappointing to see. I've firmly believed all along there will be a twist to this pregnancy and some of her other comments hint to this as well, so I still believe it, but little things like this still make me nervous until it all finally airs and we know for sure!
    I can't take this! It is starting to stress Elf! Does anyone know if there group therapy to seek out for something like this. Oh I dunno JT anon or something!
    1-800-Iluv-JandT
    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Oh, gosh...I don't think I could deal with the
      Spoiler:
      other guy scenario...you guys can't deal with the Sheppard and his ex...I can deal with that, what I can't deal with is Teyla having another guys baby...I can't deal with that..I can't see how that would be in favor of John and Teyla...how can it be? How can she sleep and have a baby with another guy and that bring John and Teyla together....again, the only thing I can think of is that Teyla conceded to this child for some other purpose and John can still find it in him to continue to think of Teyla and there for be jealous of her having another man's baby but simply because it was not something out of love. I hope Steph is right because I just can't see how John would even consider continuing to have feelings for Teyla if she's carrying someone else's baby and frankly, I don't see how anyone else can see this being good and actually liking the idea as strengthening their relationship. John isn't going to go after Teyla if she's carrying another man's baby and for that matter, Teyla isn't going to pursue anything with John if she's having someone else's baby! This has to be like Stephie says, there is a twist to this...but the thing is that we will know who the father is...but I"m wondering if Teyla will know herself. And maybe DG John may not be so far from the truth. Maybe Teyla keeps it hidden and doesn't tell John and he's jealous trying to find out who it could be when all along it was him...

Ah, this is torture you guys!
      sigpic

Comment

hmmm all this stuff of Teyla going after another guy is just.... weird in a sense of odd, mostly because Teyla is not that type of person (after the events of Coup Teyla told John of what happened during Trinity, and after Common Ground they both express their love for the other... at least over here they did.)

anyhow, I think.....

Spoiler:
        If John is all "Ok who's the other guy?" sounds like a good twist sure... IF they make right, not like Teyla suddenly springing it on John then him getting all jumpy... at least that is the way i see it.

then this thought came to mind.

What if(remember those two words while you read this) The Asurans did it? I read DH's interview and he spoke of the Pegasus Reps coming back with a vengeance in a few episodes of the first half, that had me thinking, what if they made Teyla with child? (NOTE: this was BEFORE I read MrsB's story as I was not in this thread at the time, no offense intended MrsB) then I thought, "it could happen" I saw the fist ad for S4 about a day later at my brothers house and I noticed the style of clothing the doctors around Teyla had on... (good eyes we cats have) and that seemed to tie in my thoughts, only they are just thoughts.... for now at least

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          No wonder they are so insync on screen..they talk about it and they know how the other feels.

Now you guys before I call it a night, you have to share with me why you think John would be

Spoiler:
          jealous? Does that indicate that there is another one in Teyla's life? Why would he be jealous? that he didn't father the baby? If this was not a normal pregnancy why would he be jealous? how can that make them closer?

I"m confused! HELP!
          Spoiler:
          It's still a mystery how Teyla explains her pregnancy. I still don't think she's had time to be with anyone else. So how knows if she makes up a story or she doesn't know herself. And I hate to even think it, but most likely John knows or feels it's not his and gets jealous about it.
          Something simular happened in STNG. Deanna get pregnant by a curious entity and the only way for it to experience with the humans it to be born on. She goes through the pregnancy with hours, but during that time, Will is jealous. They are not really in a relationship, but he got snippy a little bit.
          I'm wondering if it's almost the same, but better. I thought that it was also hinted that this will bring them closer, so other things must come about too. It will be interesting to see what happens. Either way I don't see John showing that to Teyla, but privately or to Ronon and maybe McKay.

Well I'm going to bed. Back to babysitting. Hubby will probably use the laptop alot tomorrow.
          Spoiler:
          He's preaching in church this week.
          So most likely I'll off/on alot tomorrow. G'night.

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
            I can't take this! It is starting to stress Elf! Does anyone know if there group therapy to seek out for something like this. Oh I dunno JT anon or something!
            Elf...hold my hand hon...I can't see! Everything is blurry!
            sigpic

Comment

LOL! I'm just being realistic and considering all possibilities. We really won't know anything for sure until it airs. But there are far more comments and hints pointing away from this fear than towards it, so I still think it will all be fine in the end. I've been right more times than I've been wrong, so we'll see what happens! In fact, I've only been wrong twice! About Poor Carson's fate and now about the Ex, so I still have faith in my own perceptions, hehe. When it comes to J/T or to any other couple I've shipped in over 15 years (I started young, LOL!), I've never been wrong.
              Steph...DANG GIRL...come down from up there, I couldn't even recognized you! LOL

*sighs*

You always make me feel better!

Spoiler:
              I have to believe that these writers wouldn't do such a triangle scenario. I also have to believe that if the article states that this will only strengthen their relationship, that it can't be because there was ever a third party involved. We'll see what happens

Are you still up there!?
              sigpic

Comment

Now hang on ladies... nowhere did it say that Teyla
                Spoiler:
                was going out with another guy, in fact, JM has said that this pregnancy isn't from another relationship that Teyla has. There is something sci-fi about this whole thing. Now if John is jealous, it's because he wishes the baby was his, or she hasn't come clean about the actual circumstances and at this point doesn't know the baby isn't human. She also says it will strengthen the deep/romantic bond between them, so guys, this is a GOOD thing for us!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  was going out with another guy, in fact, JM has said that this pregnancy isn't from another relationship that Teyla has. There is something sci-fi about this whole thing. Now if John is jealous, it's because he wishes the baby was his, or she hasn't come clean about the actual circumstances and at this point doesn't know the baby isn't human. She also says it will strengthen the deep/romantic bond between them, so guys, this is a GOOD thing for us!
                  in this all I can say is....

ALL HAIL !!!! (your life could depend on it)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                    hmmm all this stuff of Teyla going after another guy is just.... weird in a sense of odd, mostly because Teyla is not that type of person (after the events of Coup Teyla told John of what happened during Trinity, and after Common Ground they both express their love for the other... at least over here they did.)

anyhow, I think.....

Spoiler:
                    If John is all "Ok who's the other guy?" sounds like a good twist sure... IF they make right, not like Teyla suddenly springing it on John then him getting all jumpy... at least that is the way i see it.

then this thought came to mind.

What if(remember those two words while you read this) The Asurans did it? I read DH's interview and he spoke of the Pegasus Reps coming back with a vengeance in a few episodes of the first half, that had me thinking, what if they made Teyla with child? (NOTE: this was BEFORE I read MrsB's story as I was not in this thread at the time, no offense intended MrsB) then I thought, "it could happen" I saw the fist ad for S4 about a day later at my brothers house and I noticed the style of clothing the doctors around Teyla had on... (good eyes we cats have) and that seemed to tie in my thoughts, only they are just thoughts.... for now at least
                    Good one, but I always thought the Assurians were part of Weir's plot

Hey, did you guys read that bit about Weir...

I
                    Spoiler:
                    chatted with Stephie about this and I think that Weir is going to turn dark on us and go with the Assurians, and I think that article just hinted that...
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Pats Suz's in the back...

Oh, you and Stephie are soo good to me! That's what I was thinking too but the whole jealous thing had me going up in arms!

Spoiler:
                      makes sense that John would be jealous not knowing how this happened. Still I think it would distant him from her and not necessarily telling her how he feels but more along the lines of him realizing just how strongly he feels for her.

Thanks Suz! and Stephie!
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, gosh...I don't think I could deal with the
                        Spoiler:
                        other guy scenario...you guys can't deal with the Sheppard and his ex...I can deal with that, what I can't deal with is Teyla having another guys baby...I can't deal with that..I can't see how that would be in favor of John and Teyla...how can it be? How can she sleep and have a baby with another guy and that bring John and Teyla together....again, the only thing I can think of is that Teyla conceded to this child for some other purpose and John can still find it in him to continue to think of Teyla and there for be jealous of her having another man's baby but simply because it was not something out of love. I hope Steph is right because I just can't see how John would even consider continuing to have feelings for Teyla if she's carrying someone else's baby and frankly, I don't see how anyone else can see this being good and actually liking the idea as strengthening their relationship. John isn't going to go after Teyla if she's carrying another man's baby and for that matter, Teyla isn't going to pursue anything with John if she's having someone else's baby! This has to be like Stephie says, there is a twist to this...but the thing is that we will know who the father is...but I"m wondering if Teyla will know herself. And maybe DG John may not be so far from the truth. Maybe Teyla keeps it hidden and doesn't tell John and he's jealous trying to find out who it could be when all along it was him...

Ah, this is torture you guys!

Totally agree Camy! I know the "other guy" scenario is an often used plot device (that in the end brings the couple closer together as they realized long hidden or denied feelings, blah, blah, blah), but I really hope we don't see it used here. Besides being done to death, it simply does not fit Teyla's character and therefore would not make sense for this situation. I'm kind of leaning towards what you said as well.

Spoiler:
                        That however the pregnancy happens, JM has given hints before that the audience could possibly know before Teyla does that she is pregnant. It could be a bit of a Farscape-esque plot where Teyla herself does not know who the father is either, and it could be this unknown that makes John jealous. It would depend on what is done to her, what Teyla remembers, and how much she shares with him. Or it could even be something as simple as he is jealous only for a short time until she shares with him or until it's revealed how the pregnancy actually happened through non-traditional means.

Remember, having a lover on the side is not "complicated." Also remember JM has admitted there is no marine and has given several other comments and hints implying this isn't a normal pregnancy either and that there is some kind of twist involved.

So yes, jealousy makes me a tad nervous, but like I said, I'm still not overly worried and I hope the jealousy will be a good thing in the end as it would most definitely show his feelings! Let's just hope his jealousy is misplaced and that he finds that out rather quickly as well.
                        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                          in this all I can say is....

ALL HAIL !!!! (your life could depend on it)
                          Ah, you are so dramatic, Teyllia...*winks*
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Elf is starting to get some feeling back in head now from banging on desk! Thank
                            you Suz! A little stress is starting leave, deep ,calming breaths!

*sighs*
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Totally agree Camy! I know the "other guy" scenario is an often used plot device (that in the end brings the couple closer together as they realized long hidden or denied feelings, blah, blah, blah), but I really hope we don't see it used here. Besides being done to death, it simply does not fit Teyla's character and therefore would not make sense for this situation. I'm kind of leaning towards what you said as well.

Spoiler:
                              That however the pregnancy happens, JM has given hints before that the audience could possibly know before Teyla does that she is pregnant. It could be a bit of a Farscape-esque plot where Teyla herself does not know who the father is either, and it could be this unknown that makes John jealous. It would depend on what is done to her, what Teyla remembers, and how much she shares with him. Or it could even be something as simple as he is jealous only for a short time until she shares with him or until it's revealed how the pregnancy actually happened through non-traditional means.

Remember, having a lover on the side is not "complicated." Also remember JM has admitted there is no marine and has given several other comments and hints implying this isn't a normal pregnancy either and that there is some kind of twist involved.

So yes, jealousy makes me a tad nervous, but like I said, I'm still not overly worried and I hope the jealousy will be a good thing in the end as it would most definitely show his feelings! Let's just hope his jealousy is misplaced and that he finds that out rather quickly as well.
                              Eggsactly!

Spoiler:
                              like I wrote, if John believes this is a normal pregnancy, you aren't going to see him coming to terms with Teyla about this and in the contrary I could see him distance himself from her for awhile....man does this sound like a fic I read somewhere? *winks* In either case, I hope you are right and that this has nothing to do with a real pregnancy from another relationship...but again, to show John jealous indicates that the writers would pursue John and Teyla...why else would they want to see their beloved hero in a doomed relationship, right? Oh, they better get this right!

Gosh, I'm seeing a little better again! Thanks again to Suz and Stephie!
                              sigpic

Comment

Steph...DANG GIRL...come down from up there, I couldn't even recognized you! LOL

*sighs*

You always make me feel better!

Spoiler:
                                I have to believe that these writers wouldn't do such a triangle scenario. I also have to believe that if the article states that this will only strengthen their relationship, that it can't be because there was ever a third party involved. We'll see what happens

Are you still up there!?
                                LOL! Sorry. But it's true and not because I'm some genius (Although....) Just kidding! No, it's just because I've simply always shipped what is canon. If I don't like the couple being set up on screen early on, I don't watch the show. I can tell within one or two episodes who is being shipped with who and can decide very quickly if I want to watch or not. I've always gone for what is canon. And John and Teyla are canon, in the sense that you can use that word for Stargate. It's as simple as that.
                                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X