John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
    You wouldn't be laughing at me ....HUH? Are ya YappiChick?

Me, laughing? Never.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Jess, do you think I'm right? It's gotta be the whumper in her. LOL

Before I forget again Elf: Thanks, I'm glad you like it and thanks for the post from Ruffles. It does make it seem shorter.
    Yes, I think you are totally right. That Elf...always wantin' the whumpin'.

And I finally voted...so at least there's one more vote for JT
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

post them where?

and Elf share some of that coffee with Camy would you? the coffee I speak of is my catnip laced coffee it is strong stuff and will help you out Camy if/when you do the banner or could you do it more like a screenshot? you know a screenshot from the fic? Like an episode screenshot?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Thanks Mrs. B. If the kids are good I'll see what I can do.
        Awesome

Hey Camy - HAPPY 8700!!

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          oh only 9 to go now... cool...

It's actually awesome to see us almost now have 3 in the list... since hey let's face it we really don't stand a chance against Daniel/Vala and Jack/Sam.... but I have to say a great job from J/T fans to have gotten into the list what we have gotten... J/T have done a really good job in most games recently... which is all a huge thanks to all the wonderful J/T fans
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Mrs. B I am loving your story. I have a theory...
            Spoiler:
            That the diary is written by sheppard and all those references to 'the team' are Rodney, Ronan, and Teyla. Except I can't fit the other guy into it.

Sending mental green sicne it won't let me green you.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Congrats Camy on 8700 posts!!!
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Oh wow not even 100 posts more and we will reach another milestone... this is such awesome J/T lovin going on in here... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE
                sigpic
                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                  Mrs. B I am loving your story. I have a theory...
                  Spoiler:
                  That the diary is written by sheppard and all those references to 'the team' are Rodney, Ronan, and Teyla. Except I can't fit the other guy into it.

Sending mental green sicne it won't let me green you.
                  Spoiler:
                  LOL WOW! I only wish I was creative enough to have come up with that! So sadly, no thats not the case, but thats such a great idea I wish I had done something like that!

Thanks for the mental green and did you see I changed the whole date thing after all...
                  I just greened you though

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                    More...

Look at the agony(sp?) in poor Teyla's face. When you watch the clip it happens so fast, but here you can see their facial expression so much better. Thanks Camy for caps. I already voted today, so I'll use these
                    for tomorrow.

Congrats Camy on 8700 posts!!

Comment

Oh, I know...you are faithful at that! LOL

I think we have 16 people here right now....we should be able to do it today! If everyone cooperates.

You know, don't get me wrong. I've always find the chemistry in the characters of a show. I am a hopeless romantic. But, most of the time I go for the wrong characters. Someday I'll spend more time thinking as to why because I don't bother with characters that I don't think have an onscreen chemistry together. Just that for some reason or the other, the writers go in a different direction. But I know what I see. I supposed the Shep/Weirs and the Ronon/Teyla shippers can claim the same thing which is why I respect everyone's ship whether I see it or not! The chemistry is there. I don't deny for example the chemistry and connection between J/S and T/R simply that I don't see it romantically. The only one that I can see could get away with it is T/R and still I simply don't believe that Ronon is the type of man that Teyla is looking for. And from the beginning, I've only seen them as treating one another with respect, a certain distance and then slowly growing into a closeness that has been developing slowly. Again, I think Ronon came to Teyla because he needed to and not the other way around. Now, he pulls on both John and Teyla and certainly Rodney is in there for him as well, but not like John and Teyla. Which is why I also think that Ronon is able to see what these two can't even see themselves.

I love that chemistry between them.

You know I was chatting with someone online about SG-1 and how this person really doesn't beleive that Atlantis will get a Season 5. I guess in my view Atlantis has a bigger challenge because they are really telling the same stories as in SG-1 and in Scifi in general but from a different and more interesting angle. But at the same time Atlantis seems to be struggling whereas SG-1 didn't. I think the stories haven't been as solid as they could have been. I"m not sure where the writers are going and what they have in mind persay when they edit and see these episodes, but sometimes you have to wonder with some of the episodes. However, I think that the best thing that Atlantis has is the chemistry and the characters. I've been with SG-1 although not faithfull all of the 10 years and I know the characters, not as well as the characters in Atlantis, but I do know them well enough. And i have to say, that i think Atlantis has a much closer and more homey feeling in their team than SG-1 ever did. And I like that. Someone else also wrote that if they had to choose between serving in O'Neill's team vs Sheppard, they'd go with Sheppard any time of the day because he's more "faithful" to his team than he is to the military. Whereas I think Jack was the other way around. There is no right or wrong. I guess it's just a preference. I LOVE Jack and no one can replace the guy, but Sheppard just has something about him that makes him genuine. The same thing about John and Teyla vs Sam and Jack. It will be interesting to see if the writers choose to give some resolution to the whole Jack and Sam in their last movie. We'll have to wait and see.

I for one didn't like the way they handled Vala and Daniel. It was done very poorly and I think it could have been great too. But I just didn't like it especially in that last episode.

My point....After watching the panel in Comic Con and reading some of the interviews, there is no question that there will be a different feel to the team in Season 4. Not only for everything that is expected to happen to them but I also think that Teyla's arc will have a great effect on the team itself. I hope they somehow make that work as well. In addition all the changes in characters and the leadership in Atlantis will also change along with the dynamics of the team will be affected. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds because it is going to be different but hopefully for the better!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                        oh only 9 to go now... cool...

It's actually awesome to see us almost now have 3 in the list... since hey let's face it we really don't stand a chance against Daniel/Vala and Jack/Sam.... but I have to say a great job from J/T fans to have gotten into the list what we have gotten... J/T have done a really good job in most games recently... which is all a huge thanks to all the wonderful J/T fans
                        it was actually me I think that ended the "best fighting skills" with Teyla at the top and last standing... at least I think it was me, it was either her or Teal'c, and hey Teyla is my owner soooo you know who I voted for!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm editing my story now. I'll have it up in the next few days.

Camy congrats on your milestone.
                          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                            Throwing some relaxing Joe pics... from JM's blog... taken on set...

Beware of spoilers
                            Spoiler:

going to bed now...night all,,,see ya tomorrow...

mmmmm,nice
                            Spoiler:
                            Ooh,lookie,Carson....YAY....I miss him!
                            sigpic

Comment

Check out this posting that I just made in the Galleria...

The Meaning of Flowers...http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4406

I already wrote a fic with a flower, Beya. And I really enjoyed writing that one! I know Devine wrote one as well that was very sweet also. Whose in the mood for a quick flower fic?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                mmmmm,nice
                                Spoiler:
                                Ooh,lookie,Carson....YAY....I miss him!
                                No Teyla! *sniff*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X