X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro
    Hey there is a new spoiler...on spoilerfix for a episode called
    Spoiler:
    submersion....sounds awesome...i have always wanted an episode that involves the team in a jumper, in a tight 'literally' spot, underwater!!! cant wait...

WELCOME Sin and Weir'sRedShirt

I think this ep sounds awesome too!

Spoiler:
    Team eps are my absolute favorite! It will be interesting to see how they all interact while under great pressure and in such confining quarters!
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mello123
      I recently purchased the Stargate Atlantis Official Companion 2nd Season.
      In the 2 pages about the character the article says - Rachel says "I would like to explore some romance for Teyla"

Spoiler:
      The book said "Of course, season two did touch on the idea that something of the sort could grow between Teyla and Sheppard...

Rachel goes on to suggest that romance could come from anywhere.

In my opinion the comment by the writer seems supportive of a Teyla/Sheppard relationship.

In addition under the segment on Conversion Teyla said that was a very cool scene - that one edit did look a bit more rough and that Gero was uncomfortable with that. But Rachel said

Spoiler:
      But the matter of the fact is, Teyla can handle herself! I think if she really didn't want to share a kiss with Sheppard, she would have been ok. I liked the ambiguity of it. Did they both enjoy it?...
      Welcome Mari!!!!

And Mello, thank you so much for posting this!!!! This is exacting what we've been saying about that kiss for so long now, and I LOVE having the companion guide and RL back us up on this, along with the wonderful commentary as well!

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships
        we don't need to take what "shweir" moments and discredit them!! WE know what we see, I'm sure that to them what they are seeing is valid as well! People have different perspectives on different situations. That's part of the beauty of being human. People see things in different ways!! It would be pretty boring in life if we all thought the exact same about everything!! If we bash or make fun of John/Weir fans, this thread won't be as much fun, seing as at least some people in here are shippers of both! And also, the thread is JOHN/TEYLA discussion, not ANTI JOHN/WEIR! Coming in here and seeing people complain about other peoples opinions is a turn off for coming!!

My comments were not, I repeat *WERE NOT* meant to offend in anyway. If you had read my other obs you would see that I ship for fun. Never done it before and to be frank all this controversy over let's get real here folks- IMAGINARY CHARACTERS OF A TV SHOW...is really starting to freak me out. I come to these forums because to be frank most of the people within the community of friends I have do not like or understand SciFi. I like JT true, I like Torri/Liz - not always, but I think her character shows the weakness and strenghts of a woman trying to deal w/difficult circumstances w/sometimes limited or little information. And though I don't always agree w/her choices - I respect them, but again -FICTIONAL CHARACTER HERE. I like the direction the show is going in that I see them trying to do something we have been shouting about over the past 2 Seasons...get Teyla and Liz to interact more. I see them doing so in little glances of support(Teyla standing behind Liz in NML;agreeing to her decision inspite of Ronon's protests in CG). This is character development as it should be.

Again, my *moments* were not meant as bashing, but merely observations in reply to the comment I saw. What people ship or chose to ship is their business NOT MINE. I could care less to be honest. I watch SGA, because I love the concept of the show, but most all I love the concept of people of different cultures and backgrounds coming together and finding a sense of family( it is what drew me to FS, it was later that J/A was a draw for me same with JT). As a minority in this country, I deal w/the subtlies of racism and prejudice. I know what it feels like to feel *alien* in your own skin or world for that matter(Teyla in Atlantis - thus my connection to her). This is what draws me to SGA, this is why I watch SGA...JT is merely a perk. But that's why they are called perks...because you really don't need them they just make a good thing better.

Sooooooo, all this to say...CHILL OUT PLEASE!!! No harm intented , no harm done. As I've said before in this thread and a quote from a most trying time in our country's history - "Cann't we all just get along?"

Words to think about and more importantly - live by.

Cyn
        Last edited by jtjaforever; 02 September 2006, 03:33 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
          I'm brainstorming lots of challenges for the hiatus and trying my best to finish my JT wips and pen a JT novel. But, as most of you know, the baby will be here in a few short weeks so I'm having one heck of a time staying awake long enough to write. LOL.

Have a great day, everyone!
          Doxymom
          Oh Anna, only a few more weeks to go!!!! That is so exciting! And thank you for all the brainstorming you're doing for the hiatus! You are so cool!

Comment

we don't need to take what "shweir" moments and discredit them!! WE know what we see, I'm sure that to them what they are seeing is valid as well! People have different perspectives on different situations. That's part of the beauty of being human. People see things in different ways!! It would be pretty boring in life if we all thought the exact same about everything!! If we bash or make fun of John/Weir fans, this thread won't be as much fun, seing as at least some people in here are shippers of both! And also, the thread is JOHN/TEYLA discussion, not ANTI JOHN/WEIR! Coming in here and seeing people complain about other peoples opinions is a turn off for coming!!

Hey 4prettierships, nice to see you back here! Please don't worry, Cyn is one of the kindest souls I know. She was merely expounding on a comment by Drewsy, who was agreeing with Camy. No harm meant. I think a lot of people are just extra sensitive because of the unfortunate recent events in the BamBam thread. Let's please not let that carry over here.

Cyn, I totally agree with your comments! I've also always thought that about John and Elizabeth's hug. While I love it, it's not romantic at all, lol. It's very awkward in a cute sort of way. But I too do not see anything there as far as romance or sexual tension goes. For me, the only chemistry is purely John and Teyla!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
              Since there was no new Stargate Atlantis episode on yesterday I was going to try to post a new fic...first one I've written in a very long time...

I had to work Friday so I didn't get it finished...today I posted what I had so far...opting to go for a two chapter story...

Spoilers for 'Common Ground'...no rating warnings...just yet...

Here is a link to my LJ....story is called 'Touched by You'

http://athosiangirl.livejournal.com/6969.html#cutid1

Just added to ff.net http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3136466/1/
              Oh, very nice AG!!!! I can't wait to read more!!! Thank you so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
                Hey 4prettierships, nice to see you back here! Please don't worry, Cyn is one of the kindest souls I know. She was merely expounding on a comment by Drewsy, who was agreeing with Camy. No harm meant. I think a lot of people are just extra sensitive because of the unfortunate recent events in the BamBam thread. Let's please not let that carry over here.

Cyn, I totally agree with your comments! I've also always thought that about John and Elizabeth's hug. While I love it, it's not romantic at all, lol. It's very awkward in a cute sort of way. But I too do not see anything there as far as romance or sexual tension goes. For me, the only chemistry is purely John and Teyla!
                Thanks Steph - You're a keeper. Hugs :-))

Cyn
                sigpic

Comment

I'm so behind in episodes with pics tho! It's been a while since I could access the jukebox. *hugs everyone, including newbies since Caz's disappearnace*

I fully intend to use photobucket now!

Comment

Oh Anna, only a few more weeks to go!!!! That is so exciting! And thank you for all the brainstorming you're doing for the hiatus! You are so cool!

<blushes> Thanks! It's a lot easier for me to brainstorm than to actually concentrate on writing, unfortunately. LOL. I'm really hoping the JT community can make the hiatus fun and make it pass quickly. :-)

Oh, and Baby is giving me lots of weird middle of the night time to brainstorm. LOL. Odd ideas at 3 a.m., let me tell you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Doxy

Comment

I actually thought the hug between John and Weir was very telling about his character in that he so completely didn't expect it--or at least looked like he didn't know what to do when hugged. In later eps, he talks about "never seeing" personal things coming at him and my instinct was that being hugged didn't happen to him often as a kid or hadn't happened in a very long time.

My impression of Teyla is that her parents were taken fairly early and she got most of her hugs from Charon.

But both of these things would fit right into why neither is really open with the other or ready to commit quickly. They both seem afraid of abandonment and of any sort of physical contact that implies a lasting feeling of attachment. Even deep friendship is a commitment of sorts.

To me, this adds depth to the hand touch in Sateda. John almost acted like he thought hard about it and like he thought he was taking a risk to touch her in such a personal manner in setting that could be construed as intimate. He thought about it and did it on purpose. I mean, it's one thing if you're running from Wraith and take someone's hand to help them up. It's another if you're sitting there talking about feelings and basically telling them how you're letting your guard down and then touching them when the situation doesn't make it necessary. He specifically chose to do it at that moment, after that conversation.

Does that make sense? I'm tired. It makes sense in my head. Sorry!

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Doxymom

Comment

Originally posted by jtjaforever
                        Spoiler:
                        My comments were not, I repeat *WERE NOT* meant to offend in anyway. If you had read my other obs you would see that I ship for fun. Never done it before and to be frank all this controversy over let's get real here folks- IMAGINARY CHARACTERS OF A TV SHOW...is really starting to freak me out. I come to these forums because to be frank most of the people within the community of friends I have do not like or understand SciFi. I like JT true, I like Torri/Liz - not always, but I think her character shows the weakness and strenghts of a woman trying to deal w/difficult circumstances w/sometimes limited or little information. And though I don't always agree w/her choices - I respect them, but again -FICTIONAL CHARACTER HERE. I like the direction the show is going in that I see them trying to do something we have been shouting about over the past 2 Seasons...get Teyla and Liz to interact more. I see them doing so in little glances of support(Teyla standing behind Liz in NML;agreeing to her decision inspite of Ronon's protests in CG). This is character development as it should be.

Again, my *moments* were not meant as bashing, but merely observations in reply to the comment I saw. What people ship or chose to ship is their business NOT MINE. I could care less to be honest. I watch SGA, because I love the concept of the show, but most all I love the concept of people of different cultures and backgrounds coming together and finding a sense of family( it is what drew me to FS, it was later that J/A was a draw for me same with JT). As a minority in this country, I deal w/the subtlies of racism and prejudice. I know what it feels like to feel *alien* in your own skin or world for that matter(Teyla in Atlantis - thus my connection to her). This is what draws me to SGA, this is why I watch SGA...JT is merely a perk. But that's why they are called perks...because you really don't need them they just make a good thing better.

Sooooooo, all this to say...CHILL OUT PLEASE!!! No harm intented , no harm done. As I've said before in this thread and a quote from a most trying time in our country's history - "Cann't we all just get along?"

Words to think about and more importantly - live by.

Cyn

I wasn't tring to say that you specifically were bashing. I was only refering to your post because of things that I was seeing. I am also a J/T shipper. I was just trying to prevent the analysis of the two different ships turning nasty as I've seen happen before. No harm was intended by my post. It wasn't saying anyone was wrong, or right. Sorry if I offended anyone in here.. it wasn't intended.

Thanks LC!! It's good to be back, however I can't say I'll be around that often! While I love J/T.. and I love this thread, shipping in general is totally sucky to me right now, as everyone and anyone seems to be so sensitve about everything and anything. It's easier to lay low!! I'll definately be around and I'll try to post as much as I can though.

Again: Sorry everyone if my post was uncalled for, or if I offended anyone by posting it. I didn't mean that any of you were bashing or making fun of anyone!! I just want this thread to stay as happy as it is!!

Comment

I actually thought the hug between John and Weir was very telling about his character in that he so completely didn't expect it--or at least looked like he didn't know what to do when hugged. In later eps, he talks about "never seeing" personal things coming at him and my instinct was that being hugged didn't happen to him often as a kid or hadn't happened in a very long time.

My impression of Teyla is that her parents were taken fairly early and she got most of her hugs from Charon.

But both of these things would fit right into why neither is really open with the other or ready to commit quickly. They both seem afraid of abandonment and of any sort of physical contact that implies a lasting feeling of attachment. Even deep friendship is a commitment of sorts.

To me, this adds depth to the hand touch in Sateda. John almost acted like he thought hard about it and like he thought he was taking a risk to touch her in such a personal manner in setting that could be construed as intimate. He thought about it and did it on purpose. I mean, it's one thing if you're running from Wraith and take someone's hand to help them up. It's another if you're sitting there talking about feelings and basically telling them how you're letting your guard down and then touching them when the situation doesn't make it necessary. He specifically chose to do it at that moment, after that conversation.

Does that make sense? I'm tired. It makes sense in my head. Sorry!

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Doxymom

Oh Anna, I just love how you said this! I've always thought the same thing as well. That moment was awkward precisely because John is not used to being cared for as family. And as we know, he is awkward with anything that shows emotion. Most emotional moments, he smooths over. Like he did with the kiss in Conversion with Teyla or like he has done in moments with Elizabeth, Rodney, and Ronon. Whether romantic emotion or familial, he is uncomfortable with it.
                          That is also precisely why the conversation in Sateda was so significant. To me, it wasn't necessarily shippy as while they're close, they're not quite there yet. But it was oh so significant. For the first time, John chose to take the conversation deeper. He did not avoid it this time. And while it was painfully difficult for him, he chose to confide in Teyla. This is a huge step in their relationship. We saw sexual attraction in season one and a building of trust. We saw more sexual tension in season two and growing depth, but denial. In season three, we are now seeing and will see a significant deepening of trust, communication, and emotion that can no longer be denied. As I've said before, the only unknown is how far the writers will take this relationship!
                          We are seeing the step from base attraction to a growing undenial bond of love. I love watching this progression! And though it'll never be the main focus of the show obviously, I love the subtleness and naturalness of it all.
                          Last edited by LoveConquers; 02 September 2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

<blushes> Thanks! It's a lot easier for me to brainstorm than to actually concentrate on writing, unfortunately. LOL. I'm really hoping the JT community can make the hiatus fun and make it pass quickly. :-)

Oh, and Baby is giving me lots of weird middle of the night time to brainstorm. LOL. Odd ideas at 3 a.m., let me tell you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Doxy

Just think, by the time we get to see Return Part 2, baby will be almost 6 months old already! Time flies by so fast, LOL!

Comment

I wasn't tring to say that you specifically were bashing. I was only refering to your post because of things that I was seeing. I am also a J/T shipper. I was just trying to prevent the analysis of the two different ships turning nasty as I've seen happen before. No harm was intended by my post. It wasn't saying anyone was wrong, or right. Sorry if I offended anyone in here.. it wasn't intended.

Thanks LC!! It's good to be back, however I can't say I'll be around that often! While I love J/T.. and I love this thread, shipping in general is totally sucky to me right now, as everyone and anyone seems to be so sensitve about everything and anything. It's easier to lay low!! I'll definately be around and I'll try to post as much as I can though.

Again: Sorry everyone if my post was uncalled for, or if I offended anyone by posting it. I didn't mean that any of you were bashing or making fun of anyone!! I just want this thread to stay as happy as it is!!

We're all good here!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro
                                Hey there is a new spoiler...on spoilerfix for a episode called
                                Spoiler:
                                submersion....sounds awesome...i have always wanted an episode that involves the team in a jumper, in a tight 'literally' spot, underwater!!! cant wait...

WELCOME Sin and Weir'sRedShirt

Sound's pretty interesting hope to see some J/T moment's

Comment

Working...
                                X