• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'night VB...

Comment

I love that the
      Spoiler:
      implicit trust between Sheppard and Teyla was really brought to attention in "Allies". We haven't seen as much of this bond displayed between them lately (the cast has become very segregated, but that's for another day...), and it was great to see that brought to the forefront. Sheppard immediately knew that she was unhappy with their decision, but instead of letting it go, he wanted to see if he could somehow fix that. I wonder how much of this reaction was also due to her recent experience with Michael. Sheppard clearly knows what needs to be done for the good of Atlantis, but I love that he also wants to make sure that everyone else -- especially Teyla -- can leave with their plan.

Seriously, nothing would make me happier if we see a follow-up scene in the next episode or two. Teyla made it very pointedly clear that the only reason she is going along with this is because she put her trust in HIM, not in the expedition, but in Sheppard himself. The trust that the two of them share is one of the most interesting things about their relationship; it is so strong and seemingly so baseless since it was present from day one. I would love to see that called into question in both the next part of this episode and in a future story arc. Seriously, Teyla's trust in Sheppard is one of the main reasons why she chose to stay with the expedition, and I would love to see her eventually question if she made the right choice.

I think that Sheppard is also having difficulty in having to choose between his need to make decisions for the base and expedition and his relationship with those on the base, particularly Teyla. While the others have all had at least some experience dealing with the ways of Earth and the military, Teyla is the exception. Even though Ronon isn't from Earth, he is also military and might have an easier time understanding some of the difficult decisions he has to make. Teyla is the one that he feels he has to convince and keep on his side, both personally and as a member of his team. Her trust and friendship clearly means a great deal to him, and I think that an episode between them a la "LFP", which strains their relationship and makes them reevaluate each other is long overdue.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

New monikker for JT: we could always use a football term or the name of John's favorite team. Not very romantic, but I'm thinking of the popcorn and football scene. Hail Mary's too long though.

Comment

The Steelers?! I'm a new yorker but the giants suck!!! And my prof was from penn, but he adored the Steelers..See I'm a Rams fan...we can go by the Rams...The Raiders...Not very romantic but they have the coolest theme.

Oh man need help...you think Shep/Teyla would like Raiders...or the Rams..And the Packers is just a straight up bad name. I'd go Cowboys if I need he was from the midwest..

Or we can go with the Bengals...but that's a crud name..and he's have to be from Cincinnati...hahaha!!! J/T help us choose...my sister may need to have another SGA moment and come up with a name for us.

VB
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

VB..I will get you, eventually...ehehehehe...you get me into trouble...

Um..NO, STEELERS...Pleaze!

PATRIOTS...YEAH
            sigpic

Comment

Good Morning Shippers...!...

I actually liked MASTS...but then that would have to be explained...

VB, how many hours sleep did you get young lady?...

Ok so back to Sheppard and Teyla, no no no football team names.......

And to make this legal....

R.I.P Wraithlord
              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

The football thing would be a great inside joke. I don't know about the name of a team, though... unless it's the team that won the game they watched. That would give it a whole "love conquers all" sort of feel... Does anybody know who won that game?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Never mind... they don't say...

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                    The football thing would be a great inside joke. I don't know about the name of a team, though... unless it's the team that won the game they watched. That would give it a whole "love conquers all" sort of feel... Does anybody know who won that game?
                    Never mind... they don't say...

AND SO....because I'm a nutballer..and I had the time to waste....I got the info for you!!! Okay so the ep was from 'Hide and Seek' as everyone know.

Dudes name, Doug Flutie, who was part of Boston College (The Eagles)...because you hear it...won over Miami University Team, cause you hear that too while their talking, the announcer says it in the game. I got the article about the game, the reason I'm so nutty! (Always need proof to back up statements I say!)

(And for just those who do believe I had time to waste, it took 5 minutes to get the info...wonder of the computer; not to mention my cousin who plays Canadian College football told me about the guy a while back---he loves and lives for football ).

Article ---->Check out: The Throw--in Bold

And here's the article that mentions Worked for the Canadian Football Team as mentioned by Rodney in the ep.

Now this 'Hail Mary' thing could work to our favor...Salvation? Sanctuary? fiddling with words outloud typed.

I don't know how we can use it...
                    VB: So you do you guys like it?
                    Mmmmhmmmm....you guys can do better...

Unlike some people I'm not adept at pictures.

We probably could use that game in a J/T fanfic...'I knew I loved you over popcorn and Hail Mary's...' Ooh..better as a title: J/T fic...Popcorn and Hail Mary's...oh yeah. <----Their lovin' it!!!

Okay so above is a fic challenge..has to be with that title...and you do your fic one-shot or full story.

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                      AND SO....because I'm a nutballer..and I had the time to waste....I got the info for you!!! Okay so the ep was from 'Hide and Seek' as everyone know.

Dudes name, Doug Flutie, who was part of Boston College (The Eagles)...because you hear it...won over Miami University Team, cause you hear that too while their talking, the announcer says it in the game. I got the article about the game, the reason I'm so nutty! (Always need proof to back up statements I say!)

(And for just those who do believe I had time to waste, it took 5 minutes to get the info...wonder of the computer; not to mention my cousin who plays Canadian College football told me about the guy a while back---he loves and lives for football ).

Article ---->Check out: The Throw--in Bold

And here's the article that mentions Worked for the Canadian Football Team as mentioned by Rodney in the ep.
                      (((((((((VB))))))))) You're the best!

Now this 'Hail Mary' thing could work to our favor...Salvation? Sanctuary? fiddling with words outloud typed.

I don't know how we can use it...
                      VB: So you do you guys like it?
                      Mmmmhmmmm....you guys can do better...
                      OK, so the list of suggestions that have been tossed out so far:

MASTS
                      Football teams (Eagles? – see my next to last post. I like it, WB doesn't.)
                      Something based on "Hail Mary" (Personally, I like "Hail Mary," but DM says it's too long.)
                      Snickers (may I ask where this came from? It's cute.)

We probably could use that game in a J/T fanfic...'I knew I loved you over popcorn and Hail Mary's...' Ooh..better as a title: J/T fic...Popcorn and Hail Mary's...oh yeah. <----Their lovin' it!!!

Okay so above is a fic challenge..has to be with that title...and you do your fic one-shot or full story.

VB
                      Oh, that sounds like a fun idea! I'd take it up, but I've been cooking up a different one since yesterday afternoon that should be pretty cute.

Comment

(((((((((VB))))))))) You're the best!
                        No probs babe!

OK, so the list of suggestions that have been tossed out so far:

MASTS
                        Football teams (Eagles? – see my next to last post. I like it, WB doesn't.)
                        Something based on "Hail Mary" (Personally, I like "Hail Mary," but DM says it's too long.)
                        Snickers (may I ask where this came from? It's cute.)
                        The snickers things comes from the candy bar idea that I got from my friend.. In the comic fanfiction fandom Storm/Wolverine shippers (Ororo Munroe/Logan---Logan calls Storm 'Ro---hence RoLo) have the name RoLo---It was coined by my close mate years ago, and because I loved his statement 'the RoLo Combo' and I was the only one with 3 writers shipping them together I gathered my team and had them start promoting 'RoLo' everything, turns out RoLo is also a candybar. So then I was thinking hey we can do that with and call them 'Snickers' right now though I'm feeling Twix...Nugget(John) Cookie and chocolate cause she's complex (Teyla) !

TWIXER's is now thrown out there! We need a Twix shirt..what do you guys think? If not good more ideas need to be listed and we take a vote!

Oh, that sounds like a fun idea! I'd take it up, but I've been cooking up a different one since yesterday afternoon that should be pretty cute.

Oooh.hopefully someone will. Can't wait to see what you got offer us Ceekay!

By the way on another note....S/W fandom is massive---I'm very proud, although it took me 6 years to get people to realize our pairing and me and a few friends harassing the comic writers.

Comment

I like the Twix idea – I think that's my favorite one so far. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                            Can't wait to see what you got offer us Ceekay!
                            I'll try not to disappoint! For once, there will be no whump involved... Just a little random S/T cuteness.

Comment

I like the Twix idea – I think that's my favorite one so far. Short, sweet, and to the point.
                              Wooohooo!

VB: Do you guys like it?
                              Hmmm...I do not know...John?
                              Let's hold off to hear everyone elses thoughts and ideas!

VB: I think that's very diplomatic of you John. Teyla are you trying to tell me something?

Hahhaha!!! We can have some wicked stories with Twix..hahaha!! And it's chocolate..I wonder if Teyla ever got a thing for chocolate..imagine we can have a fic where John has a thing for Twix..Hahah!! oH bloody hell just thinking of a plethora of things. But I want to hear other ideas!

Long Live !!
                              VB

Comment

Ok put my vote in for the TWIX...I love that one......

Oh i like Storm and Wolfie...but then again i kind of have a free for all with that fandom.......I like everyone but Jean....don't ask why...I don't know....

but back to Shep and Teyla...I like Twix...it has a nice ring to it....

I also like the 'Hail Mary' reference...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Working...
                                X