No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO NO...I love your names....definitely...I hope the kiddies like them...

Doxymom, I'm no expert either, but i see what you're saying. The possibilities are endless really.

R.I.P Wraithlord
    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
      Melpomene double-posted. And I was referring to one or both of these: (1) Sheppard and Teyla form a psychic link, likely due to the events of 'Conversion' (2) Sheppard falls prey to Wraith mind control like Teyla did in 'Michael.'
      And I just had a thought, in the B scenario the first two or three parts would be about the actual event, and the last part would be Teyla consoling the distraught/self-doubting Sheppard, as it had happened to her before.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
        Hehe.

Okay, thanks for the warm wishes, and the bizzillion PM's I got (from both sides) saying they agreed. See? On the most part, we can usually be rational!

Anyway, back to ship. Rationality optional.
        Nice option

I'm reading the fic that I THINK Annie Sheppard posted... tis good! *I'll edit if wrong*

As for kids, with powers... I think it would be a puberty thing, just cause it wouldn't make sense for a baby to be able to do that. They would have to have some life experience, IMO. But thats me

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
          Okay..Personally, If John and Teyla had kids..I think they would name their first daughter, Camytrippy...and then their second one SPWHIST...and the third..WitchAGMEL...and their first son..This is a must...CaptainRitannie... if they have a fourth...then I think they might consider VB...
          Um..I have more suggestions if you liked!

No....uh....no...please stop! Your making me worried!
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
            About their kids: who knows what extra quirk the earth human dna variation would toss into the mix. I didn't watch much SG1 though I saw the frozen Ancient girl ep. Did they say Earth humans are direct descendants of Ancients or just the second evolution of the humanoid form? If we're not directly related to them, then it could be said at least part of John's DNA would be a--hmm, how to put this--a third variable in the equation. Afterall, Teyla would be a direct descendant of the Ancient's humanoid form, right? Her people weren't cavemen taken from Earth and planted there were they?

So, technically, Teyla would be a different human subspecies than John and so some Earth human factors might alter the way the kids turned out. To clarify a little, if Teyla, theoretically, had a child by another Pegasus human then the kids might turn out one way, but because John is decended from Ancients *and* a totally different human variation, the kids might turn out different--stronger, weaker...something.

Does that make sense? I'm not an expert on DNA or subspecies, but it just seems logical to me that the Earth/second evolution thing might spice up the offspring mix a little because doesn't nature usually change things slightly every time it updates a form?

Okay, I'm tired. That probably made no sense.

Oh, and if Teyla's people *are* decendants of Ancients, wouldn't she have both Wraith and Ancient DNA?

Maybe I'm way off on the whole Ancient thing. It's a bit confusing because the writers seemed to assume viewers understood the whole thing coming into the show.
            Sugar high...and my ideas here tonight have been very unwelcomed..but VB did give me my throne back...(inside joke)....Yeah, you know who's the queen around here!

I just thought after all the heated discussion that was going on in here...(Phew, for the first time I actually didn't cause this one!)...
            You guys my have appreciated some Camy loving...since this is MY LAND! Oh, wait..no it isn't my land..AG...who's land is this again.? What am I again in here? Super dupper what? Never mind...

So, i'm just going to write this..

WOW! I LOVE THIS! Doxymom!
            sigpic

Comment

Okay..Personally, If John and Teyla had kids..I think they would name their first daughter, Camytrippy...and then their second one SPWHIST...and the third..WitchAGMEL...and their first son..This is a must...CaptainRitannie... if they have a fourth...then I think they might consider VB...
              Um..I have more suggestions if you liked!

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                Nice option

I'm reading the fic that I THINK Annie Sheppard posted... tis good! *I'll edit if wrong*

As for kids, with powers... I think it would be a puberty thing, just cause it wouldn't make sense for a baby to be able to do that. They would have to have some life experience, IMO. But thats me
                We posted at about the same time, so please read my post (a fic-related flash of inspiration). And you're right, that was Annie Sheppard who posted that link. I'm reading it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                  About their kids: who knows what extra quirk the earth human dna variation would toss into the mix. I didn't watch much SG1 though I saw the frozen Ancient girl ep. Did they say Earth humans are direct descendants of Ancients or just the second evolution of the humanoid form? If we're not directly related to them, then it could be said at least part of John's DNA would be a--hmm, how to put this--a third variable in the equation. Afterall, Teyla would be a direct descendant of the Ancient's humanoid form, right? Her people weren't cavemen taken from Earth and planted there were they?

So, technically, Teyla would be a different human subspecies than John and so some Earth human factors might alter the way the kids turned out. To clarify a little, if Teyla, theoretically, had a child by another Pegasus human then the kids might turn out one way, but because John is decended from Ancients *and* a totally different human variation, the kids might turn out different--stronger, weaker...something.

Does that make sense? I'm not an expert on DNA or subspecies, but it just seems logical to me that the Earth/second evolution thing might spice up the offspring mix a little because doesn't nature usually change things slightly every time it updates a form?

Okay, I'm tired. That probably made no sense.

Oh, and if Teyla's people *are* decendants of Ancients, wouldn't she have both Wraith and Ancient DNA?

Maybe I'm way off on the whole Ancient thing. It's a bit confusing because the writers seemed to assume viewers understood the whole thing coming into the show.

Oh man Doxymom..why why oh why did you do this...it makes perfect sense and throws everything up in the air again..now I have to try to put the cards back together..that's the problem of havign long detailed discussions like this..you have to sit there and break down everything...

Shoot...let me think..hmmmmm...I have to really rethink things.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                    Doxymom, I'm no expert either, but i see what you're saying. The possibilities are endless really.

Ack! Rabid plotbunny attack. No! I have too many JT fics started already. I don't know why but what you just said tirggered a cascade of fic scenes in my brain.

Maybe I'll find time to write them. Hmm, this might work better than the zinefic idea I've been trying to write. whoo hoo! Thank you!

Comment

Phew, for the first time I actually didn't cause this one!)...
                      You guys my have appreciated some Camy loving...since this is MY LAND! Oh, wait..no it isn't my land..AG...who's land is this again.? What am I again in here? Super dupper what? Never mind...

So, i'm just going to write this..

WOW! I LOVE THIS! Doxymom!

{{hugs Camy}}

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                        Nice option

Hey hold on there Kip...not Furly....lets re look at that...I mean remember X-Files..and Mulder/Scully's kid..William was it? He was floating things above his bassinet when was like 5 months...you never know what those psychic link kids could do..turn into 'The Girl with the Gray Eyes'---title of an old book from troll orders...

Comment

Post Moved.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                            Oh man Doxymom..why why oh why did you do this...it makes perfect sense and throws everything up in the air again..now I have to try to put the cards back together..that's the problem of havign long detailed discussions like this..you have to sit there and break down everything...

Shoot...let me think..hmmmmm...I have to really rethink things.

It could be the cornerstone of the whole genetic equation. Add in the "spinal cord" inherited memory flashes from two worlds and, basically, two types of aliens and who knows what the kids would be able to do?

Or they might be normal humans--after all, they did say Teyla's gift could be a recessive and skip generations. What if they're in a dire situation and hope the child is the superpowered answer and end up with a normal human child--and the *grandchild* is the one with the powers?

Ah, well, just thinking aloud. There are so many possibilities one could write the story any way they wanted.

I have got to get some sleep. Good night!
                            Last edited by Doxymom; 02 February 2006, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                              Hey hold on there Kip...not Furly....lets re look at that...I mean remember X-Files..and Mulder/Scully's kid..William was it? He was floating things above his bassinet when was like 5 months...you never know what those psychic link kids could do..turn into 'The Girl with the Gray Eyes'---title of an old book from troll orders...
                              Oh no!...I can just see Atlantis now in an Uproar...Mckay running around trying to stop them from accessing all the ancient systems. And if they inherit Teyla's 'super powers'...well better watch out for the flying/'jumping' babies....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Yes I know that Bubblin' I was thinking of other things..when my thoughts run rampant they over power my speach abilities..and I do have to rethink this..but this aspect I already knew. I'm rethinking the Ancient gene and it's placment in the earth development..and the earth people. Further more..my focus is on Teyla's Wraith DNA again..this is the one posing a lot of problems..they gave us just a taste but not enough to really know anything..and I'm still struggling over the Wraith scientist..

Further more..don't you guys wonder how long the Wraith live? I have to post that on antoher thread..but this may have an affect on a few things related to Teyla and John and the extent of their gene...
                                vb

Comment

Working...
                                X