No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a Shepmagen present for you guys/girls. I managed to squeeze Shepmagen goodness into Grace Under Pressure, thus here's my tag.

It's unoriginally called, Grace Under Pressure (I couldn't find a better one)
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2775545/1/

Anyway, it deals with how Carson, Teyla, and Ronon are not there. Teyla's is big, Ronon has a paragraph and... well Carson and Cadman are going on a picnic. Enjoy Shippers.
    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
      VB...you chose that quote right...love it....Witchy...you made the sig green yahoo!

Yeah I chose the quote..I have a thing for the work of Pablo Neruda and Yeats...a few other's as well...like Dylan Thomas....

Oh and Camy...let me pass on to you what I have..there's quite a few of them, romantic wise..I just think Pablo is raw..he's not overtly romantic...I have to quote a line from one of my favorite author's, Jeanette Winterson, in my next fic...damn it's pasionate..actually the whole book is raw...I think I picked up my style of writing from her and Camus!

Okay off to try to write something..
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
        Er . . .yeah. Sorry?
        Don't you know we worship the ground that you walk on Whistler?

I will read it later on...i'm kind of cleaning the house right now! just taking a long break!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
          Got a Shepmagen present for you guys/girls. I managed to squeeze Shepmagen goodness into Grace Under Pressure, thus here's my tag.

It's unoriginally called, Grace Under Pressure (I couldn't find a better one)
          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2775545/1/

Anyway, it deals with how Carson, Teyla, and Ronon are not there. Teyla's is big, Ronon has a paragraph and... well Carson and Cadman are going on a picnic. Enjoy Shippers.
          OH, you are just the best! I'm still pondering on writing one for Critical Mass...I have everything in my mind..but I just can't seem to sit and write it!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
            Yeah I chose the quote..I have a thing for the work of Pablo Neruda and Yeats...a few other's as well...like Dylan Thomas....

Oh and Camy...let me pass on to you what I have..there's quite a few of them, romantic wise..I just think Pablo is raw..he's not overtly romantic...I have to quote a line from one of my favorite author's, Jeanette Winterson, in my next fic...damn it's pasionate..actually the whole book is raw...I think I picked up my style of writing from her and Camus!

Okay off to try to write something..
            YIPEE>....loads of fun reading tonight! Yeah..but that means no time for my own fic! AHHHHHHH...what's a girl to do....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong
              Oh, I'm with you there, believe me. They could stop it tomorrow and it wouldn't be too soon. It's seriously taking away his credibility as a character.
              It does! It makes him look like a womanizing jerk! But I'm sure we Sheyla fans are not the only ones complaining....the Shweir/ Sparky (which is it that they go by now?) ....people are probably complaining too.

Originally posted by sanssong
              I think Anna mentioned that one to me, it sounds adorable. And we get to see her react for a change! Well.... season two of most shows are usually crap, so all I can do is look forward to the next one when they find their footing again!
              Yeah it was a cute scene. As for s2 of shows usually being crap....yeh.... I've found that alot myself.
              Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                Oh she does the same thing in LFP...when he's running back to the jumper she has the biggest smile on her face.

Yeah she does!! I forgot about that episode! Classic Sheyla!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
                  yes me too. If they were a bit like Teyla... I mean strong, intelligent and beautiful ( because I don't think they're pretty...) man they're so beneath his level... really

hmmm... for me 'Micheal' was not bad...yes... I like this ep...especially
                  Spoiler:
                  when Teyla was with Michael in his room and John observed them by the cameras and at the end when he saved her. man I like this scene...

I think it was a little too easy...

I know what you feel. I can't believe that after monday, if the ep will not be good I will have to wait until June...I really really hope that they'll never make again a season like this...

yep I have noticed it too after watching it the second time...

Well yeah... you did bring up some good points to counter my ragging on .....but I dunno........I mean in season one....there was just so much Sheyla goodness.....this season most of what we got was subtle stuff. And I mean sure....subtle stuff is good.........but...... after basically a whole season of subtle stuff..... you kinda want more. But then again...the big stuff we got was really big! I mean Conversion and TLG!!!

And another thing.....there hasn't been enough sparring this year!!

Comment

VB..I just found a beautiful spanish website with lots of spanish poems and I found lots of them from Pablo Neruda...I knew he was spanish...Now, I want to know if there are any translated and where I can find them...my son has to memorize a spanish poem but his are very powerful!
                    I can soooo see these poems relate to Shep/Teyla....LOVE IT!
                    Help me find them in English, please...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                      Nice Sig...Annie....I don't care what anyone says..John soooo wanted to do that! bugged out or not! he wanted her!
                      But, I wanted to post a question or comment...is part of my little research for my fic...

In Rising, when John first meets Teyla with Sumner and Ford, you see that at one point Sumner is ready to leave since Teyla clearly wanted nothing to do with them...hence her comment "we do not trade with strangers" Yet, John although he seemed to agree with Sumner since he nodded his head, he still went ahead and directed Teyla with his famous line of I like popcorn, Ferris Wheels and anything that goes over 200mph...so, in my point of view, he spotted Teyla and was instantly attracted to her to the point that he wanted to get to know her better regardless of whether her people had anything valuable for them or not...he wanted to be friendly and wanted to continue to know her...and even Sumner and Ford noticed it cause if you look back at the scene they both stare at each other and kind of give John a smirk..realizing that this wasn't any more about trading negotiations but more like JohnKirking! Heck yeah..Teyla was his first kirking in the Pegasus Galaxy! YIPEE!

Well if you look at it that way Camy......yeah she was !! The best thing though is that it grew into something far more than Kirking

Comment

Yeah, I think in Season 1 there was a lot of the looks and the flirting (sparring, etc..)
                        This season we have gotten less but more profound, I think...
                        Conversion was a good one...I haven't seen TLG but it sounds promising, and then you have Epiphany which although not shippy shows that John cares about the people in Atlantis and not even an Ancient (which you would think would be the ultimate thing for him, similar to Chaya) can get him to stop thinking of those back in Atlantis...then you have the cute scene in Intruder, with him leaving and giving her that gorgeous flirtatious look..clearly he missed her...and of coarse, that scene in Duet..clearly jealous..protective of her..so, less of them together, but more scenes that show he is more than just flirting with Teyla...he seriously has deep feelings for her that he probably feels he cannot and could never reveal..so it's all good...I think..but hey, I know exactly what you mean...we need more of those sparring scenes..
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                          Yep, that's the only explanation I can think of for why Teyla wasn't present in Grace Under Pressure.

Or....Rachel Luttrel had to be somewhere else But they should have at least written her off....by giving us some explanation. Sometimes writers bug me.

Comment

VB..I just found a beautiful spanish website with lots of spanish poems and I found lots of them from Pablo Neruda...I knew he was spanish...Now, I want to know if there are any translated and where I can find them...my son has to memorize a spanish poem but his are very powerful!
                            I can soooo see these poems relate to Shep/Teyla....LOVE IT!
                            Help me find them in English, please...

Hey camy..... you could try searching bable fish....that site translates alot of different languages, I don't know if they have Spanish....but they might.

Comment

, and then you have Epiphany which although not shippy shows that John cares about the people in Atlantis and not even an Ancient (which you would think would be the ultimate thing for him, similar to Chaya) can get him to stop thinking of those back in Atlantis...

True, and don't forget that in the end of Epiphany, the director set up the shot so that when Teer asked John to go with her and he glanced over his shoulder, Teyla was the only person standing behind him. He then told Teer No. I think that was a dramatic clue that one of the main people he didn't want to leave was Teyla. After all, all of the others he's been shipped with in fanfic were there too so the PTB could have had him glance back at any of them, but they chose Teyla.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                                Hey camy..... you could try searching bable fish....that site translates alot of different languages, I don't know if they have Spanish....but they might.
                                Thanks Green Eye Lady...but I was kind of hoping that this author either has professionals translating his works or he himself has poetry in English..but this site will come in handy....thanks...

He just has the most beautiful poems...very straight forward though...

btw..love your sig....that SP she is just too good~!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X