John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella
    Read my fic when your done watching 'Michael' it's a tag!!!

Which fic? I saw Michael a while ago.

Comment

you read it already....you said you tought it was great, but didn't feel that JOhn pushed teyla.....Maybe I should have said 'reasoned' her into believing this was a good idea. which ws something I mentioned on the shep appreciation thread...

He sides with her like in The gift and suspicion but then persuades her into following Weir in the end...I think I follow him and his line of thinking, we got to work together cause in the end....Weir is in charge...but he obviously hates doing it himself...

It also made me wonder about how much of a hold he has on Teyla..or I should say how much his words mean to her..that she would forgo her initial misgivings to follow him. Or maybe there's more to their talk than we're given privy to....

I have to think on their relationship a bit more...
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
        Has everyone read Sin of Omission on fanfiction.net, it's a story that deals with the aftermath of Ronon using Teyla to kill Kell. I don't think it's going to end well though. But definitely, something to get the tension up and no "HE'S A BABE MAGENT" lines from The Tower. Did everyone see the preview, it made me sick. I already vented on STAKS so I'm okay.
        Yeah, Sins of Omission is a great story! Definitely 'babe magent' free!

We know from spoilers that the episode really isn't about that, so why oh, why, oh, why does the network insist on playing up that aspect? It's so annoying and takes away from who Sheppard is. It makes him look like some kind of male bimbo, which he's not. grrrrrr...... They need to stop this nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
          Has everyone read Sin of Omission on fanfiction.net, it's a story that deals with the aftermath of Ronon using Teyla to kill Kell. I don't think it's going to end well though.
          Yup, I've been reading this one, and I love it! Definitely how I would imagine "Trinity II" possibly going if they choose to do it next season. ::crosses fingers::

But definitely, something to get the tension up and no "HE'S A BABE MAGENT" lines from The Tower. Did everyone see the preview, it made me sick. I already vented on STAKS so I'm okay.
          Um, yeah...I saw that and let's just say I'm not happy. I won't go into it here, but fortunately we already know it's the clunker of the series. We just need to get past that one and it's pretty smooth sailing from here on out.

And back to one of my favorite topics -- "Trinity II".
          Spoiler:
          If TPTB choose to do this next season, and hopefully they will, this has the potential of being really great for character development. It could help to highlight the differences in ideology between Ronon and Teyla and the rest of the team, which is something that I think gets neglected an awful lot. It would definitely put Weir in a tough position -- is she obligated to protect those under her command no matter what, or is getting along with potential allies/enemies more important? How can she keep Ronon and Teyla around seeing what they did, but how could she not since she almost has an obligation to them as a leader? I think that the relationships between the characters could certainly get a workout, particularly that between Sheppard and Teyla. While Ronon actually pulled the trigger, the fact that she didn't feel as though she could tell him what happened is going to cause some personal conflicts. I think he will be upset and hurt by it, but will not stop feeling as though he has to protect them. There could be some great conversations between our two characters, so I'm hoping they play up the human drama side of it.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
            Um, yeah...I saw that and let's just say I'm not happy. I won't go into it here, but fortunately we already know it's the clunker of the series. We just need to get past that one and it's pretty smooth sailing from here on out.
            It's worse that Childhood's End or Ephiany? Wow, that *is* too bad.

Spoiler:
            If TPTB choose to do this next season, and hopefully they will, this has the potential of being really great for character development. It could help to highlight the differences in ideology between Ronon and Teyla and the rest of the team, which is something that I think gets neglected an awful lot. It would definitely put Weir in a tough position -- is she obligated to protect those under her command no matter what, or is getting along with potential allies/enemies more important? How can she keep Ronon and Teyla around seeing what they did, but how could she not since she almost has an obligation to them as a leader? I think that the relationships between the characters could certainly get a workout, particularly that between Sheppard and Teyla. While Ronon actually pulled the trigger, the fact that she didn't feel as though she could tell him what happened is going to cause some personal conflicts. I think he will be upset and hurt by it, but will not stop feeling as though he has to protect them. There could be some great conversations between our two characters, so I'm hoping they play up the human drama side of it.
            You're right it would bring up some interesting situations in which to develop relatioships further, and make for some interesting TV, but do you really think our current PTB are into that kind of messy consequences? I'm not too sure. They're not quite as fond of the re-set button as Trek was, but they still use it.

Comment

Guys help me out a little!!!

My fingers hurt from all the typing!

Check out this link: http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460

Comment

you read it already....you said you tought it was great, but didn't feel that JOhn pushed teyla.....Maybe I should have said 'reasoned' her into believing this was a good idea. which ws something I mentioned on the shep appreciation thread...
                Oops, sorry! I thought you meant another story.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong
                  It's worse that Childhood's End or Ephiany? Wow, that *is* too bad.
                  I saw Tower too and kept thinking, "didn't I see this on Star Trek, and several other shows, already?" Yawn. There were a couple of funny moments, but mostly it was so predictable I didn't even have to watch the ending to know what happened. Still, John is pretty to watch. :-)

(Now, if they do the "Greek Gods come to life", or "a Vampire in space who was Beethoven"...the show will seriously test my ability to keep watching.)

This story had a lot of potential, but they focused on the wrong plot elements, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                    Oops, sorry! I thought you meant another story.
                    I'm in the process of writing three new ones. I had to take a break from my Teyla fic...I was getting a bit too emotional..in it. I'm sorry I just have to vent how her character distresses me.

I don't know how many people get emotionally tied to their characters, I never knew I would...but it seems to have happened. And writing for her is eating me up emotionally...I feel like I'm being violated. Or maybe....maybe I'm feeling as she might feel if someone was doing what I was doing to her...

But I seemed to have paused in my writing....

I will post my humor fic in a few hours...I have to really clean it up. And then I have my 'Long Goodbye' spoiler to write for.....hopefully posting it today or tomorrow.

I also have a third story...mainly Shep related---but I just forgot what it was! I'll have to figure that out....

Comment

(Now, if they do the "Greek Gods come to life", or "a Vampire in space who was Beethoven"...the show will seriously test my ability to keep watching.)

This story had a lot of potential, but they focused on the wrong plot elements, IMO.

Oh I love that!!! Hahahahah!!! I kept thinking of Jason, from Halloween, in space! Hahahah...I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that was about!

Maybe they should put him on Atlantis?!

Comment

I saw Tower too and kept thinking, "didn't I see this on Star Trek, and several other shows, already?" Yawn. There were a couple of funny moments, but mostly it was so predictable I didn't even have to watch the ending to know what happened. Still, John is pretty to watch. :-)

(Now, if they do the "Greek Gods come to life, or a Vampire in space who was Beethoven...the show will seriously test my ability to keep watching.)

I fell asleep through 'Grace Under Pressure' but I did catch the previews for 'Tower'...and I was shocked...I wasn't going to judge the episode to harshly before I had seen it but the previews were not what I had expected them to be...how about mentioning something about a tower in them...My brother even raised his eyebrows on that one...

Just saw a 'Michael' music video using the song 'He is not one of us'...it was good but not shippy...so I won't post the link (and so I won't tempt everyone like I did with 'TLG' vid I found)

I guess I'll just have to gloss over 'Tower' and wait for 'Michael' and 'TLG'

+ = Harmony in my shippy little world!

Comment

Guys help me out a little!!!

I went and read the whole thread. Just my opinion, now.

Personally, I think you're wasting your time; you aren't going to change their minds. The title of the thread means 99.9% of the people posting there are staunch SWers and won't be swayed. That's what the thread is about. Posting pro-JT stuff there is asking to start a flame war or an argument.

Now, if you go into a Multi-shipper thread or a "I'm on the fence about ship" thread, you'd have a chance of changing someone's mind. In an SW thread whose title asks people why they love SW? Not a chance. There are better places to defend JT.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            There's alot they could do with such an episode. I agree that John would be hurt by Teyla's decision not to trust him... but in the end I think he would see that she was doing it to try and protect him, to keep him from having to choose between her and Elizabeth, which I don't think Teyla would ever do to John.

I'm just curious as to how it would play out if Elizabeth found out John was harboring that secret. Who would he turn to first? I honestly don't know. My ship says he go with Teyla, but I know Teyla didn't condone what Ronon did (the using her friendship part) I think John would try to find more of a middle ground. Not to mention, that way it keeps both ships happy. Since TPTB are determined to play with us.

Just my two cents.
                            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

I went and read the whole thread. Just my opinion, now.

Personally, I think you're wasting your time; you aren't going to change their minds. The title of the thread means 99.9% of the people posting there are staunch SWers and won't be swayed. That's what the thread is about. Posting pro-JT stuff there is asking to start a flame war or an argument.

Now, if you go into a Multi-shipper thread or a "I'm on the fence about ship" thread, you'd have a chance of changing someone's mind. In an SW thread whose title asks people why they love SW? Not a chance. There are better places to defend JT.

Just my opinion.
                              The moderator said it was okay to post there if we wanted too....I thought that was what that was about.....But it seemed childish do start one countering their's. yeah....we should start one there...cause that one really pissed me off. ugh and it took me about 30 minutes to get all those episodes together!

Comment

I'm in the process of writing three new ones. I had to take a break from my Teyla fic...I was getting a bit too emotional..in it. I'm sorry I just have to vent how her character distresses me.

I don't know how many people get emotionally tied to their characters, I never knew I would...but it seems to have happened. And writing for her is eating me up emotionally...I feel like I'm being violated. Or maybe....maybe I'm feeling as she might feel if someone was doing what I was doing to her...

But I seemed to have paused in my writing....

Ah, so much fic. So little time to read. It's great that you're writing. Wish I was. Lots of authors get emotionally involved with their characters. That's a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X