John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys

I hate to be the grumpy mod here, but I've received a few PM's/Reports about a rash of OTedness in this thread.

I'm glad that folks are chatting and having fun, but the topic of this thread is Sheppard/teyla ship discussion....and there's not much discussing going on, not about that pairing anyway.

There is a chit-chat thread in the OT folder for folks to use if they just want to chat about other topics.

While it's good that you're having fun, it's not really fun for the other folks who want to discuss the topic of the thread but can't get a word in edgewise between all the chitchat.

I'm inviting you to please be considerate of your thread mates
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
      'Kay...I've enough for tonight...that's my cue to leave...once you hit the language, it's over for me....

*Camy goes over to SP and gives her a big hug and a kiss goodnight...moves over to Witchy and give her another big jug and a kiss goodnight....goes over to Mel.kisses her as well....and removes all of the signs off her back while hugging her tightly...last goes over to TJ and whispers in her ear....don't loose hope...there will be a brighter tomorrow! and kisses her gently on the cheek....then sticks a sign on her back that reads..."Loved By Many"......

NightAll...gonna try to see if I can finish Chapter 6..and maybe 7 before i leave for Florida...

love ya....

Camy
      Awwww. Sorry, didn't mean to pick on you, and thanks for the sign.

*runs round in circles excitedly to show off the sign*
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        Hey guys

I hate to be the grumpy mod here, but I've received a few PM's/Reports about a rash of OTedness in this thread.

I'm glad that folks are chatting and having fun, but the topic of this thread is Sheppard/teyla ship discussion....and there's not much discussing going on, not about that pairing anyway.

There is a chit-chat thread in the OT folder for folks to use if they just want to chat about other topics.

While it's good that you're having fun, it's not really fun for the other folks who want to discuss the topic of the thread but can't get a word in edgewise between all the chitchat.

Sorry, Sky. That's probably my fault. I just got a bit teary and upset.

Anyway..... back to topic.

Fave S/T moment, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther
          Wow! I have finally caught up! I am gone for one day and look what you girls and guys do!

First, I love all the pics, stories, and music vid! It really made my day.

Now for the serious discussion. TJ I agree come in and dump/talk with us anytime you want. We will always have a shoulder to cry on, arms to hug, and a sympathetic ear to lend. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to go through what you did. I have been blessed and have managed to escape the dangerous situations of life. Though I did have a few close calls. You really are a strong woman. Tightly hugs TJ.

Mel, I love you! Gives Mel big hug.
          Love you back girl!

I really need to start a Shep/Teyla screencap collection...

Comment

Hey guys

Yeah I'm sorry too Skydiver. We didn't mean to, it just happened But we'll try to keep our wits about us a little better from now on. We'd really hate to run anybody off!!

So, in answer to your question TJ, I have lots of favorite moments, but one of my favorite things about Shep/Teyla is that anytime thier together is like a 'moment' for me. That said, one of the moment's you don't hear mentioned a lot is 'The Gift' the arguing and her getting mad at him because he was trying to protect her...

Comment

Hey guys

Sorry SKy...

We are juuuusst a crazy bunch...

How's this?

JOHN AND TEYLA RULE!... They are the best and only ship in Atlantis....

TJ...Favorite Shep/Teyla moment....hmm...ALL OF THEM!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                Yeah I'm sorry too Skydiver. We didn't mean to, it just happened But we'll try to keep our wits about us a little better from now on. We'd really hate to run anybody off!!
                Ditto for me Skydiver. And you're not a grumpy mod -- just doing your job, so we'll do ours! 'Kay, S/T stuff!

So, in answer to your question TJ, I have lots of favorite moments, but one of my favorite things about Shep/Teyla is that anytime thier together is like a 'moment' for me. That said, one of the moment's you don't hear mentioned a lot is 'The Gift' the arguing and her getting mad at him because he was trying to protect her...
                Oh, gosh, I just get one!? That's hardly a fair question, there are soooo many!

1) Anything involving Bates kinda makes me squee, especially him accusing Shep of allowing his personal feelings for Teyla interfere with his duties. Yup, don't know what else that could mean...
                2) Last scene in "Conversion". The non-verbal communication that the two share in that scene is amazing, and to me, it said everything that I needed it to to assure me of the safety of the ship. Love it.
                3) I just realized how shippy "The Siege" was for these two, especially the first part. It's got Bates, some physical contact, protective Shep, etc. Great episode overall, but their interaction put it over the top for me.

I guess that's it for now. Geez, it's hard to pick just a few that I like!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Hey guys

Sorry about that, Skydiver.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Anyway..... back to topic.

Fave S/T moment, anyone?
                  Every moment they're together?....

But other than that, the ending of 'Conversion', i like that best, it's so cute how they first dance around the subject then kind of hesitantly talk about, even if it was just Teyla telling him 'think of it no further', cause i think the fact that she teased him by calling him 'John' definitely shows that there's something more, it's just that they don't have to deal with it right then and now.

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                  1) Anything involving Bates kinda makes me squee, especially him accusing Shep of allowing his personal feelings for Teyla interfere with his duties. Yup, don't know what else that could mean...
                  How many times all season did he refer to Sheppard's personal feelings?.......

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                    Every moment they're together?....

But other than that, the ending of 'Conversion', i like that best, it's so cute how they first dance around the subject then kind of hesitantly talk about, even if it was just Teyla telling him 'think of it no further', cause i think the fact that she teased him by calling him 'John' definitely shows that there's something more, it's just that they don't have to deal with it right then and now.
                    Yeah, this is why I like it as well. The fact that their relationship is okay and that their interaction really hinted that their may be something more from them in the future. I honestly don't think that Shep was ever seriously concerned that his relationship with her was damaged beyond repair, and that came through in the light, joking manner in which they spoke to each other. That scene could have been taken down a very grave, serious path but it wasn't. It was very lighthearted...maybe even flirtatious at times...and I'd like to think that was purposeful.

How many times all season did he refer to Sheppard's personal feelings?.......
                    Oh geez, I don't know! At least two or three times I think and I'm pretty sure it was very public and blatant the way he did it.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Yeah, this is why I like it as well. The fact that their relationship is okay and that their interaction really hinted that their may be something more from them in the future. I honestly don't think that Shep was ever seriously concerned that his relationship with her was damaged beyond repair, and that came through in the light, joking manner in which they spoke to each other. That scene could have been taken down a very grave, serious path but it wasn't. It was very lighthearted...maybe even flirtatious at times...and I'd like to think that was purposeful.
                      Exactly if they really wanted to get down to business it would have been,

Shep: Teyla I apologize for what happened, that wasn't me....blah blah blah

Not 'there's some things i should probably apologize for.....'

It's kind of taking you back to that kiss when they finally seperate and they've both got this shocked look on their faces, as if 'no , that didn't just happen'....and then Sheppard says that's interesting as if thinking about it....And you know they're both wondering how to deal with this, and then what do u know...saved by Beckett...

Oh geez, I don't know! At least two or three times I think and I'm pretty sure it was very public and blatant the way he did it.
                      Very true, it's never with just him and John, there's always an audience when he voices his opinion of John's personal feelings.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Hi Girls...

Bates...what can I say about Bates...but that I miss him...terribly..I know Caldwell is supposed to somehow replace him, but he's not doing it...The relationship between Teyla and John was just confirmed even more with Bates presence...Never did John questioned or denied "his personal feelings" for Teyla when Bates brought it up...Teyla never questioned it either...which makes me wonder if she understood what Bates was referring to and by not talking or questioning either Bates or John, she was also confirming that there are feelings there....

GOsH..did I make any sense...I just think that Bates confirmed what we know is there..but, now the only one that seems to show a little sign of sarcasim with his gestures and looks towards them is Ronon...but it is very subtle, but I think it is there....I wouldn't doubt if one day he will say something to either Teyla or John about it....probably to Teyla since they are building such great friendship...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                          Hi Girls...

Bates...what can I say about Bates...but that I miss him...terribly..I know Caldwell is supposed to somehow replace him, but he's not doing it...The relationship between Teyla and John was just confirmed even more with Bates presence...Never did John questioned or denied "his personal feelings" for Teyla when Bates brought it up...Teyla never questioned it either...which makes me wonder if she understood what Bates was referring to and by not talking or questioning either Bates or John, she was also confirming that there are feelings there....
                          Oh how we love our Bates........Caldwell , isn't doing that great of a Bates, but he's great in his own way. And you're right, neither John nor Teyla, or for that matter anyone else has ever questioned Bate's comments on John's personal feelings, it always, cause some type of reaction from John though, and mostly it's John getting up in Bates face. I mean in when he demanded they open the gate, he's up in his face, when they're in the conference room, he was leaning against the table i believe, and i think if that table wasn't there, Bates would have had John up in his face again, and even in Siege (?), when they came through the gate, he walks up to him again.

But anyway, back to John and Teyla, they've both, taken it as it's come, and never talked about it, which is almost as if they're avoiding the situation until absolutely necessary.

GOsH..did I make any sense...I just think that Bates confirmed what we know is there..but, now the only one that seems to show a little sign of sarcasim with his gestures and looks towards them is Ronon...but it is very subtle, but I think it is there....I wouldn't doubt if one day he will say something to either Teyla or John about it....probably to Teyla since they are building such great friendship...
                          I've never thought of Ronon playing that role, but i can see it, he's friendly with them both, and very observant, i wouldn't be suprised if he actually does say something to that effect one day.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

I was just thinking about the whole
                            Spoiler:
                            kiss/apology scenes in "Conversion" today. I really think that TPTB very neatly allowed the characters to get out of actually confronting and working out what happened between them. As mentioned, Beckett's interruption allowed the two to put off discussing or at the very least dealing with what had just transpired. They weren't paired together until things were back to normal, and that apology scene was very, very vague and very, very layered IMHO. The argument has been made that Teyla didn't even want to be in the same room with Sheppard. I don't see this as being the case -- she dismissed her friend very quickly and made no effort to leave until he said what he wanted to say. There was so much non-verbal communication going on in that scene, that the interpretations of what happened are bound to be different, but I really think that if TPTB wanted to sink the S/T ship during that scene the tone and conversation could have taken a very different turn.

Shep would have been much more serious, to the point, and committed to actually verbalizing his apology if he was honestly worried that they wouldn't be okay because of what happened. Instead, we got both of them joking with each other, being in close physical proximity, and carrying a very light, flirty tone during their conversation. Teyla never allows Shep to actually apologize for what happened; she cuts him off by telling him to "Give it no further thought." Again, interpretations for this range, and I know that some take it to mean that she's instructing him to never think of their relationship in "that" light again. I kind of think that she was telling him not to worry about apologizing for it -- that it wasn't necessary. The way Shep responded (that really oddly weighted and emphasized "Good...I won't...") kind of made me feel that he understood what she meant and was agreeing that they would see where they went from there.

I just love turning off the volume during that scene and watching their eyes and expressions. Honestly, it's like they're having an entirely different conversation from the verbal one that we hear. It's a very deep, multi-layered scene and I don't think it is possible to either completely write it off as the end of the ship or say that it neatly buttons up their future. It is vague and purposely so -- canon ship is still up for grabs IMHO.

Comment

A little fun parody fic for my girlies. No, it's not Sheyla, but I thought it was quite fun.

Kirking around the christmas tree

Merry Christmas girls, and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                A little fun parody fic for my girlies. No, it's not Sheyla, but I thought it was quite fun.

Kirking around the christmas tree

Merry Christmas girls, and thanks!
                                ROFLMAO! This is hilarious! Great job, merry Christmas to you too, and you're more than welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X