No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spent the last hour wrapping a bit of elastic with ribbon for son's girlfriend's corsage. I'm going to cut the flower here in a bit to do that part. Let me say here and now, I suck at this!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I'm sure it will be lovely Ever.
      sigpic
      Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Let's just say it's not horrible. We'll see what she has to say.
        sigpic

Comment

Let us know how it turns out. I bet you are craftier than you're letting on.
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't done crafty stuffs in over 10 years. Not enough time and money. The kids take up all the extras.

But yeah, I'll let everyone know. Post pics, etc.
            sigpic

Comment

I look forward to seeing them.
              sigpic

Comment

Today has been busy. Hopefully I can get a few minutes of ME time in.
                sigpic

Comment

Have a lovely night everyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Another sweet J/T pic. Love the looks between these two. Have a great night DJ. Sorry I missed you. We had a really busy day too.
                    sigpic

Comment

I was so exhausted last night I had to turn in.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone. Very nice John/Teyla pic.

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #29

Make a visual representation of any Stargate episode {SG1, SGA or SGU or any of the movies}
                          But you cannot use any SG related caps or words in your art.

I will give everyone a day or two to guess what each one is and then I will post the answers.

DellRuby

raduzhok

JadedWraith

ShipperWriter

taris-eirien

bailey1ak

Libero

RodneyisGodney

FalconHorus

Blencathra
                          I thought I'd go back & do a challenge or two that I'd missed.

The first is Secondary Character

And then there is Favourite Alien
                          Last edited by mrscopterdoc; 28 April 2014, 01:04 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Challenge #30

First I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer my survey, I really appreciate it!

The overwhelming response was everyone wants to learn more technical, specific aspects, even more specifically blending/filters/composition. But, lots said they dislike tutorials because they get lost, or it doesn't make sense. I am not sure how to do a challenge about something that people want to learn more about without using a tutorial, so I am going to try this.....

This weeks challenge is about blending. You must take 3 different pictures, and blend them together. The challenge is to make them look like one picture.

If you are able, make 2 separate pieces of art. You can use the same 3 pictures on both pieces of art, just blend them differently, OR use 6 total [or more] different pictures. Making 2 pieces of art just gets you blending more, more practice makes perfect!

Forgive me for using old sigs of mine, but here are examples of what I mean:
                            Spoiler:

This one does only have 2 pictures blended, but they are just examples.

There are several different ways to blend pictures: eraser, gradients, layer masks, cropping and blurring just to name a few. There is no wrong or right way to do blending. If it gets the job done and you are happy with it, then that is all that matters.

If you use Gimp, and you need help, try looking here. They are very basic step by step guides in erasing, layers and mask layers among other things. I did them a long time ago, but several people have told me that they have helped. If you are still totally stuck, let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

I am no expert in blending or Gimping, far from it, but I have learned some tips over the years about blending......try to pick a subject you like. Say you thunk Sheppard. Pick pictures of him to work with and it will be more fun then say pictures of flowers. Unless you like flowers. Try to pick pictures that are somewhat that same. Try 3 pictures of Sheppard from the same episode or same season. A picture of Sheppard and then Joe Flanigan on the beach might not be as easy to blend. Pick pictures that don't have other people in the background that you will have to cut out unless that is the only picture you can possibly use. Spending time looking for a picture that you don't have to crop people and things out of to use is worth the time spent looking rather than trying to get rid of stuff. Even better are promotional pictures with a solid color background and nothing else in the way. Promo pics are what I used for my Dean sig above in the example. In the Sheppard sig, I used pics of just him from the same episode, and just used the cap background to blend them seamlessly together.

If you have any questions about this challenge, or a specific blending technique, you can PM me or just post it. That way I can answer it and maybe someone else has the same question and it will answer for them too.

Entries are due to me by noon your time, Monday May 5th.
                            sigpic

Comment

Crazy busy here. Give me a few and I'll post some J/T goodness
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                                Hello everyone. Very nice John/Teyla pic.
                                Hi Lady Blue.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X