John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I feel like doing a rewatch now.

I was watching Quarantine yesterday and absolutely loved the John/Teyla bits in it.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

I was watching Quarantine yesterday and absolutely loved the John/Teyla bits in it.
      I need to do a rewatch. I miss it. And it's easy to forget how good some of it was!
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        That is so gorgeous! Gives me that old familiar surge of SGA love!
        Exactly! I loved how they made it like a trailer and wrapped up all their goodness.

I rewatched that not too long ago, but have to admit skipping a certain pouty/whiny couple. There other week I did a marathon of Kindred1,2 Last Man and Search and Rescue. Loved how it showed John's protective side, but most importantly, his determination to find her... no matter what.

I need to do a rewatch. I miss it. And it's easy to forget how good some of it was!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          Exactly! I loved how they made it like a trailer and wrapped up all their goodness.

I rewatched that not too long ago, but have to admit skipping a certain pouty/whiny couple. There other week I did a marathon of Kindred1,2 Last Man and Search and Rescue. Loved how it showed John's protective side, but most importantly, his determination to find her... no matter what.
          Oh why do shows start off so well and then fall off a cliff?
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I think writers just run out of juice. And with the SG writers it was the same core group writing for 17 years/seasons of stuff. They seriously needed to reach out to other writers.
            sigpic

Comment

I think writers just run out of juice. And with the SG writers it was the same core group writing for 17 years/seasons of stuff. They seriously needed to reach out to other writers.
              Yeah, I see that. They really needed some new ideas and people who were enthusiastic about writing for the show. It got very repetitive.
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I think when they stopped asking for the actor's imput they lost alot as well and they were trying to satisfy main character fandoms IMHO. I missed the team ep. I liked the individual eps, but in small quantities. But that may be just me. They under used Ronon and Teyla too much.

Exactly. A female writer would've helped too.

Yeah, I see that. They really needed some new ideas and people who were enthusiastic about writing for the show. It got very repetitive.
                They were also so worried about not repeating stories from SG-1. But like Joe had said several times, they could've done losts of AU/crossover eps. I would have mind any of those. They started some good stories, but never finished them. Like why are queens grown instead of cloned? Why couldn't we have seen John develope some ancient gift... even if was a small one. Like Teyla started off? What did Michael give to Torren while Teyla was still pregnant for him and why was he able to sleep through the Michael ordeal and fusses any other time. Definately needed a longer life or death situation for John so we can see Teyla's feeling shine through... or visa versa.

Comment

They needed scary wraith. Sometime in S3 (probably with Todd) it came to be "Oh, we're going out to kill some more wraith today." Instead of "Oh crap! There are wraith at our front door! What are we going to do?"
                  sigpic

Comment

They needed scary wraith. Sometime in S3 (probably with Todd) it came to be "Oh, we're going out to kill some more wraith today." Instead of "Oh crap! There are wraith at our front door! What are we going to do?"
                    That would've been good too. And did anyone notice that Teyla's Wraith sense fade in S4 and on.... or was it just me? They needed a really good Bad guy and they had him until they killed him off, Kolya. IMO Todd was a wraith, but played both sides, they killed off the replicators(way too quickly) and Michael was just a Psycho.

Comment

I think they forgot all about Teyla and that she was a strong character and had awesome abilities.

Again, they needed writers to rise to the potential of their characters but didn't have them.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope this isn't too off topic, but I think the original inspiration for John Sheppard and Teyla Emmagan was John Carter and Dejah Thoris in Edgar Rice Burrough's A Princess of Mars. In which a gloomy and scarred Civil War veteran finds himself on another planet and meets a beautiful local leader whose people are being hunted to extinction by other aliens. She shows him the ruins of her ancestral city, and only he has the mysterious ability to turn on the ancient artifacts and fix the ancient weather control facility. Also involves stealing an airship and rescuing her from the evil aliens... Sound a little bit familiar?

They're making a movie of it and I thought that people who loved John/Teyla might also love John/Dejah! I know I can't wait for this to come out in March!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8xbl...feature=relmfu
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

They took a wrong turn and hired the wrong persons ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

That sounds awesome! I had never heard of that story.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think they forgot all about Teyla and that she was a strong character and had awesome abilities.

Again, they needed writers to rise to the potential of their characters but didn't have them.
                              ITA! All of it.

I hope this isn't too off topic, but I think the original inspiration for John Sheppard and Teyla Emmagan was John Carter and Dejah Thoris in Edgar Rice Burrough's A Princess of Mars. In which a gloomy and scarred Civil War veteran finds himself on another planet and meets a beautiful local leader whose people are being hunted to extinction by other aliens. She shows him the ruins of her ancestral city, and only he has the mysterious ability to turn on the ancient artifacts and fix the ancient weather control facility. Also involves stealing an airship and rescuing her from the evil aliens... Sound a little bit familiar?

They're making a movie of it and I thought that people who loved John/Teyla might also love John/Dejah! I know I can't wait for this to come out in March!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8xbl...feature=relmfu
                              OH! My dad read the book and was trying to explain it, but I got lost in his rambling. That helps me alot better. Might have to check it out then. Thanks hun.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              They took a wrong turn and hired the wrong persons ?
                              You can say that again. Well said Princess.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                You can say that again. Well said Princess.
                                I try!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X