No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even at their worst...they still look sooooooo good together...

Who is that creep in the background ruining my shippy pics....
    I have to get a good print shop program to crop these pictures...any suggestions?
    What do you guys use to create your banners? I have printshop deluxe...from broderbound...will this do it? Can you guys help me with this?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      Oh yes, he definitely has a special "Teyla voice" that he saves just for her. When he asks if she's okay or talks to her about the Athosians or her dreams, he uses this wonderfully concerned, soft, gentle voice with her that you never hear him use with anyone else. And when that voice is accompanied by puppy-dog eyes -- it's perfection!
      U know i've never noticed the puppy-dog eyes...i've got to check for that....

Do you guys think Teyla's got a "Sheppard voice"?....I've noticed she speaks differently when she's talking with him also...

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
        U know i've never noticed the puppy-dog eyes...i've got to check for that....

Do you guys think Teyla's got a "Sheppard voice"?....I've noticed she speaks differently when she's talking with him also...

OOOOHHHHH....you have brought in a great question..never thought about this....got to go check it out! Oh, this just gives me goosebumps again....just the thought...

I know she has a soft voice for everything she does..but never quite picked up on a "Sheppard voice"....so, gotta go watch some reruns....

Will post later....YIPEEEEE
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
          OOOOHHHHH....you have brought in a great question..never thought about this....got to go check it out! Oh, this just gives me goosebumps again....just the thought...

I know she has a soft voice for everything she does..but never quite picked up on a "Sheppard voice"....so, gotta go watch some reruns....

Will post later....YIPEEEEE
          Love the picture Camy. One of my favorites -- and yes, they look wonderful together no matter what. They are ALWAYS put next to each other in every group/team moment, and they ALWAYS exchange these little identical looks. Geez, just look at the picture -- can you say identical? They are just too perfect for words!

Hmmm...a "Sheppard voice"? I'll have to be on the lookout for this one the next time I'm watching Atlantis. She tends to smile a lot more around him and she manages this weird mixture of formality and comfort that she doesn't have around anyone else. She still calls him by his rank most of the time, but I get the feeling that she lets her guard down a lot more when she's just with Shep than when she's with a whole group. And the voice -- love it in "Instinct" when she wakes up with Ronon and immediately asks for Shep. The concern and panic on her face and in her voice are so obvious. They care for each other so much, but one of the reasons that I love these kinds of scenes so much is that they don't interfere with the flow of the story and don't indicate any sort of over-emotion or detraction from the characters. I think that this is most clear when you contrast it with Weir's concern for the team in nearly every episode. This worry seems to be defining her character and her role on the show more and more lately, while the mutual looking out for each other that Teyla and Shep do only adds to their relationship.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

SnoggingPicard]
            And the voice -- love it in "Instinct" when she wakes up with Ronon and immediately asks for Shep. The concern and panic on her face and in her voice are so obvious. They care for each other so much, but one of the reasons that I love these kinds of scenes so much is that they don't interfere with the flow of the story and don't indicate any sort of over-emotion or detraction from the characters. I think that this is most clear when you contrast it with Weir's concern for the team in nearly every episode. This worry seems to be defining her character and her role on the show more and more lately, while the mutual looking out for each other that Teyla and Shep do only adds to their relationship.
            As always...you bring such great points that I hadn't thought about...Yes....
            The mutual look is unique to them and it doesn't interfere with the flow of the show..however, I can't help but think that it is there and it is intended for a purpose...why esle film it in the first place? Don't you think? And this is what makes this relationship wonderful..and if it does come to life on screen, I can see it make it work without interfering with the rest of the show or the characters..and like some have accused me of...making it the Teyla and John Atlantis show! Some people..Really? Don't you think it could work and not have it take away from the heart of the show..?
            I just posted in the Anti Shep/Weir thread...there are some really neat discussions going on in there as well...I don't like to venture too much because I don't want to come off as an Anti-Anything...I can live with the decision that the writers make regardless of what ship I am for.....(did I just write that?) anyhow...I think you know what I mean....but my strongest argument against Weir and Shep is what you and I and others have mentioned...well, one of the reasons anyways... and it's just what you wrote...the writers are putting Weir in a ridiculous spot by making her uncapable of diferentiating between her feelings for Sheppard and her role of leader in Atlantis...I think this is what you are stating anyways...Her reactions on screen are interfering with everything else in the show and it just weakens her role in my view and I don't want that for her....Whereas Sheppard and Teyla are affected but are able to continue on with their roles and keep their feelings low key until the time is right...I could see this relationship work beautifully and realistically and not interfere with the show..where I can't logically see it happening for Sheppard and Weir without completing changing the dynamics of the show....What do you guys think? Do we even want to discuss this?

Go check out my posting in the Anti-Shep/Weir and tell me what you think...I always like to hear what you and the others here think!
            sigpic

Comment

More pics...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
              Can you feel the love?

Look at the way he is looking at her...love it!

Together in the good and the bad!

Seriously people..I know I have an illness...what will happen to me if this never works out? I'm going to have to start cutting down....
              I just don't know!
              sigpic

Comment

::sigh:: Shep/Teyla prettiness makes everything just wonderful! They are soooo flipping amazing together, and it's weird, but the more I watch the series the more convinced I become of it. Despite all of the Shep/Weir talk, which does make me nervous sometimes, I just can't ignore the vibe that I pick up from our favorite pair. Their little moments give me the biggest smiles and I see so much potential from their relationship (shippy and otherwise). Does that mean I have a sickness? Well, yeah, probably. Shep/Teyla fever, that is.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

::sigh:: Shep/Teyla prettiness makes everything just wonderful! They are soooo flipping amazing together, and it's weird, but the more I watch the series the more convinced I become of it. Despite all of the Shep/Weir talk, which does make me nervous sometimes, I just can't ignore the vibe that I pick up from our favorite pair. Their little moments give me the biggest smiles and I see so much potential from their relationship (shippy and otherwise). Does that mean I have a sickness? Well, yeah, probably. Shep/Teyla fever, that is.

You are so right...you know you and I are pretty much on the same wavelength....
                  I just went for the first time and posted in the Rainbow Sun Franks thread...I have to stop with this obsession or fever as you so nicely put it because if this doesn't happen, I think I will go into shock!
                  I hear your frustration about Weir/Sheppard...the writers have done absolutely nothing to develop this relationship in them besides a mutual professional and caring respect...I don't even see a brotherly/sister thing like you do....sorry to disagree with you on this one...I see it in Ronon/Teyla because they are around the same age..but in Weir and Sheppard, so far I see a respect for each other...especially from Sheppard..he is grateful and thankful to her because he knows that he is there because of her...
                  You know that I have been posting pics....so I scanned accidently thru one of Shep and Weir in the balcony and I cringed...and my heart started beating fast..and I was starting to sweat and cry..anyways...when I looked closer...I could see that his posture says it all...he doesn't stand next to her like he does with Teyla even when they are very close....now you and I both know that we could analyze these things and we could very well be right, but then the writers and producers could change their minds and things will turn completely...but the reality is that right now there is a difference...and I see it...and feel it...if they change their minds...it won't be as convincing and it will certainly turn me off...but for right now..the signs of them being together is not there...imo...and it makes a difference....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                    You are so right...you know you and I are pretty much on the same wavelength....
                    I just went for the first time and posted in the Rainbow Sun Franks thread...I have to stop with this obsession or fever as you so nicely put it because if this doesn't happen, I think I will go into shock!
                    I followed you there completely unintentionally. Freaked me out just a little bit!

I hear your frustration about Weir/Sheppard...the writers have done absolutely nothing to develop this relationship in them besides a mutual professional and caring respect
                    I guess I wouldn't find it as frustrating if I actually SAW something between them. The fact that I have to wade through pages and pages of Shweir just to find a few good Shep/Teyla or team fics is getting really, really annoying. I don't look for Ronon/Teyla or McKay/Weir fics specifically, but these don't bother me as much as Shep/Weir for some reason. I think it's because I can actually see these pairings possibly happening, but Shweir has absolutely no spark for me, and reading these stories makes me so frustrated. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm completely missing something or if I'm going crazy. I don't know why its bugging me so much, but it's a virtual swamp of this pairing out there, and I just want the whole thing settled sooner or later. Okay. Rant over. I guess I'm a little P.O.'d because my fanfic account isn't working and I haven't been able to access my story page for days. Basically, I can't update the chapters that I have written for my stories, and the website hasn't e-mailed back to the four e-mails I've sent about it...grrr. Okay...NOW I'm done.

I don't even see a brotherly/sister thing like you do....sorry to disagree with you on this one...I see it in Ronon/Teyla because they are around the same age..but in Weir and Sheppard, so far I see a respect for each other...especially from Sheppard..he is grateful and thankful to her because he knows that he is there because of her...
                    It's weird, but the feeling that I get from Shep/Teyla is so constant and unchanging while that from Shep/Weir is really different depending on what moment I'm watching. Sometimes I could swear that I catch something border-line shippy (i.e. Caldwell's comment in "Conversion"), but the next second they're arguing about some issue on the base. Sometimes Weir's falling all over herself with worrying over Shep and crew and other times she seems so in control with her position. Sometimes they speak to each other as very close friends and colleagues and sometimes I feel as though Weir is talking down to Shep as though he's a little kid or an out-of-control teenager. I can't figure out what the writers want us to get out of their relationship, and I think it's frustrating that some fans seem to see true love between these two when I can't even decide whether they get along on a regular basis.

You know that I have been posting pics....so I scanned accidently thru one of Shep and Weir in the balcony and I cringed...and my heart started beating fast..and I was starting to sweat and cry..anyways...when I looked closer...I could see that his posture says it all...he doesn't stand next to her like he does with Teyla even when they are very close....now you and I both know that we could analyze these things and we could very well be right, but then the writers and producers could change their minds and things will turn completely...but the reality is that right now there is a difference...and I see it...and feel it...if they change their minds...it won't be as convincing and it will certainly turn me off...but for right now..the signs of them being together is not there...imo...and it makes a difference....
                    Awww! It's okay! And yeah, I've noticed that distance as well. Shep and Teyla are just more...familiar with each other. Though she calls him by rank, I almost feel as though that is out of respect for him as a member of his team, and to imply that Shep and Weir's relationship is somehow closer because she calls him by his first name is just ridiculous. There is so much more to look at -- who spends hours off-duty with each other? Shep and Teyla. Who constantly check up on each other's well-being? Shep and Teyla. Who seems to have the ability to read each other's thoughts and feelings? Shep and Teyla. Who's always protective of the other, to the point of raising suspicion of their motives by the other crew members? Shep and Teyla. It's there, and right now, the moments between them far outnumber those that could be considered comparable between Shep and Weir. And I understand what you mean about time changing things. Who knows where we'll be in three or four years with these characters, but right now, the signs are pointing in this direction, and that's what's important. Don't give up hope!

Comment

Oh Camy, love the pics...especially the first one cause i mean come on look at Ford he knows something is up....and Pic 2...John looks so cute...he has that intent gaze as if he's willing her to look at him....awww

Ok...I have to agree... she does act different when she's with him....she does have that comfortable but at the same time serious type of posture with him...i think that shows they blend perfectly...and...the SMILES...so true...they have wonderful smiles...seperately...and when you put them together they could probably light up a room....(ok i'm sounding insane)....but it's true...right?...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Shep/Teyla Fever must be contagious because I have it too.

I admit to being curious about the whole Shep/Weir relationship thing, well to be honest because so many others saw it and I was curious as to what it was all about…..but it’s not for me…no way…not ever…this has nothing to do with other people’s opinions its just that when something captures my interest it is hard or near impossible to change my opinion. It started with John and Teyla and there is where I will remain. I have become too entrenched in the subtle looks, great chemistry and lovely moments that occur between these two to turn my back on them as a couple. Same goes for the possibility of a Ronon/Teyla romance. To far gone on the Teyla/John romance to consider that road and the TPTB have not done anything to actively dismiss a romance between John and Teyla, in fact they keep throwing little tidbits out to make me a believer still.

I just love how these two interact, on the field as a team and in more private moments. (Sigh) They are not over powering scenes that throw it in your face, (all though if TPTB wanted to throw another kiss in I wouldn’t object ) They are mingled in between the action and plot of the episode, not the main focus. I think this is a great idea to build a romance without offending too many sci-fi fans who are not that particularly interested in a romance. Keep handing out moments with Shep and Teyla and I will be a very contented fan.

Comment

Awww! It's okay! And yeah, I've noticed that distance as well. Shep and Teyla are just more...familiar with each other. Though she calls him by rank, I almost feel as though that is out of respect for him as a member of his team, and to imply that Shep and Weir's relationship is somehow closer because she calls him by his first name is just ridiculous. There is so much more to look at -- who spends hours off-duty with each other? Shep and Teyla. Who constantly check up on each other's well-being? Shep and Teyla. Who seems to have the ability to read each other's thoughts and feelings? Shep and Teyla. Who's always protective of the other, to the point of raising suspicion of their motives by the other crew members? Shep and Teyla. It's there, and right now, the moments between them far outnumber those that could be considered comparable between Shep and Weir. And I understand what you mean about time changing things. Who knows where we'll be in three or four years with these characters, but right now, the signs are pointing in this direction, and that's what's important. Don't give up hope!
                          WOW!...Extremely good reasoning...You get green for that ....Every great reason why this couple is my favorite......I couldn't agree more.....You sure do have a great way of reasoning....

**Fanfiction.net is down?...***

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

SnoggingPicard]I followed you there completely unintentionally. Freaked me out just a little bit!
                            AH, yeah....I have had that happen to me as well..I go to a thread, and voila! there you were just a couple of minutes before me...HA! I guess great minds do think alike!

[
                            QUOTE]I guess I wouldn't find it as frustrating if I actually SAW something between them. The fact that I have to wade through pages and pages of Shweir just to find a few good Shep/Teyla or team fics is getting really, really annoying.
                            Okay...deja vu! I happen to feel the same way...don't you remember me writing it in here or somewhere about the amound of Shep/Weir fanfiction..It's all over the place! and don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that..I have my favorite and they have their favorite..but it's just absurd and way out of control...

Yes, I agree with you so much on this one...Sometimes I feel that they are thinking that if they post and write enough, that TPTB will change their mind and join their side...who knows that might be true...but for some reason....

Now, I am really going out on a whim here..but from what I have read in J. Mallozzi threads and blogs..he seems to be the type of guy that is no nonsense..I mean common, he comes to this website..again, nothing wrong with it..but how many producers do you know do that? Again, my first experience with this whole thing has been here..never done this before, so I could be completely way off and this is something common...but again, he strikes me as someone that does what he wants and what he feels is what is best for HIS show! Yes, of coarse, let's not be naive and say he doesn't care about what fans think....but for the most part, I think he likes all of this back and forth war between shippers and I really believe they already know what they want, it's just that they don't know how they are going to get there because their writers write their stories, really and fairly quickly and on short notice, as I have heard in the DVD interviews...

But, anyhow, I do feel your frustration and I just get so annoyed about the whole thing and I really think it will be like this for awhile..and like you say, many things can happen..But, I have to give credit to AthosianGirls' attitude..let's celebrate the little moments that we do get now and take it one step at a time...LOVE IT! and THANK YOU! such simple words...but really, deep in thought! and so true...we are so lucky to have those special "in your face" moments between our favorite pair and we do need to enjoy it one step at a time or one episode at a time...THANKS, AthosianGirl...I really needed to hear that or see that or read that..oh.whatever you know what I mean...

But, going back to fanfiction...you know...I have to say that the website is really getting to me...first AThosianGirl had to wait three days before she posted and then I have to say that when I type for only Teyla and John stories, I don't get all of them...there are many other stories of John and Teyla but they don't come up when I do the search...and third..the other day I was looking for updates on one of my favorite stories and it still looked like the author had not updated but, I decided to reread the story again and when I was finally on the last chapter, the updated chapter came up...but not until I went through the entire story and it only showed up when I read the last chapter...and then it came up..does that make any sense?

So, now I go and look back at all of the chapters and go to the last one to make sure that I am not missing any...weird!

Anyhow, I was going to suggest this to you...unique-bond.net is really a good website...it has a lot of stories, and it is exclusively a John and Teyla website..but they do post stories for other characters....and I believe you don't have to wait any and you can just post as soon as you become a member...the other good website is Wraithbait..I am not sure as to the actual link...but honestly, I like unique-bond.net because it has just what I want...but not too many people post there..but it is growing...

Finally...

I can't figure out what the writers want us to get out of their relationship, and I think it's frustrating that some fans seem to see true love between these two when I can't even decide whether they get along on a regular basis.
                            like you said...and like I have said...Weir is weakening and it's the writers fault and her fault too...I think...Torri wants a relationship to build between her character and John Sheppard...she has said it! I have seen it...so she will sway her character to do things that will hint towards a ship....so, a lot of her reaction, I feel is coming out of those feelings...and that is fine with me..but like you said...it is not constant, it is not written well and we just don't see it on a regular base..so how can we buy into it?

And I understand what you mean about time changing things. Who knows where we'll be in three or four years with these characters, but right now, the signs are pointing in this direction, and that's what's important. Don't give up hope!
                            I will never turn to any other side...I will always love this pair...regardless of what happens..and I won't give up hope....I will just continue with fanfiction...but even that is not enough!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                              WOW!...Extremely good reasoning...You get green for that ....Every great reason why this couple is my favorite......I couldn't agree more.....You sure do have a great way of reasoning....

**Fanfiction.net is down?...***
                              Well, shucks, thanks a lot! It made me feel better to write it, so I can't claim innocent on that one. And the thing with fanfiction -- I don't know. For about a week now I can log-in under my name but when I click on "My Stories" nothing comes up...meaning I can't update stuff. Other authors aren't having this problem, so I don't know what's going on. I've e-mailed (my sister is having the same issue) to get it resolved, and no response as of yet. I'm going to try to write a little drabble or something and see if when I submit it, something will spark the system. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                                Shep/Teyla Fever must be contagious because I have it too.
                                Well, welcome to disease-central. Oooh, maybe we can turn this thing into an epidemic? What do you guys think? I'm designating all of you as Patient Zero for Shep/Teyla fever, so go out there and infect people, my little minions!

I admit to being curious about the whole Shep/Weir relationship thing, well to be honest because so many others saw it and I was curious as to what it was all about…..but it’s not for me…no way…not ever…this has nothing to do with other people’s opinions its just that when something captures my interest it is hard or near impossible to change my opinion. It started with John and Teyla and there is where I will remain. I have become too entrenched in the subtle looks, great chemistry and lovely moments that occur between these two to turn my back on them as a couple. Same goes for the possibility of a Ronon/Teyla romance. To far gone on the Teyla/John romance to consider that road and the TPTB have not done anything to actively dismiss a romance between John and Teyla, in fact they keep throwing little tidbits out to make me a believer still.
                                I had the same curiosity too, just because I was wondering if I was missing something really, really major. So basically I took it upon myself to watch all of the Atlantis episodes I could (especially from this season) and focused on the Shep/Weir interaction. I can't see it. Even when I'm looking for it, I can't see it. Maybe I'm just so blinded by my ship goggles, but I don't see THAT happening between them, or at least being a mutual thing. While I become more and more convinced about Shep/Teyla I become more and more convinced that Weir/Shep is just not a good pairing for so many reasons, especially if it comes at the detriment of Weir's character. TPTB are still giving us lots of wonderful little scenes between our favorite pairing, so I'm not giving up. Those looks and words are just feeding the fire.

I just love how these two interact, on the field as a team and in more private moments. (Sigh) They are not over powering scenes that throw it in your face, (all though if TPTB wanted to throw another kiss in I wouldn’t object ) They are mingled in between the action and plot of the episode, not the main focus. I think this is a great idea to build a romance without offending too many sci-fi fans who are not that particularly interested in a romance. Keep handing out moments with Shep and Teyla and I will be a very contented fan.
                                Can't have said it better myself. And I gave a happy little sigh as well. These two make me soooo happy, and I'm glad that we get to see their relationship evolving in such a beautiful, natural way that doesn't take away from Atlantis as a whole. Nothing suffers from these two being together and interacting, so all the more reason to keep them together!

Comment

Working...
                                X