Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    what is a round robin?
    I see Sci explained it, but I did suggest something like it months ago in the Love Shack.

This current one is awesome! Even for a supposed non-shipper as yourself.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      I was just going to go find this! The wedding is all done with, I'm rested up and am going to go and plot what happens to John and Teyla next!

Hey, dearheart! I've got a fantasy name generator I can link you up with if you like. I'm not good at coming up with names.
      I so have to catch up on this...there's a WEDDING??WOOHOOO!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Hee hee. Cool. How was the wedding?
        Um.. I guess that means I need to start rereading to.

Sorry Princess. I'm not good and names either.

I finally wrote a new fic(let) It's a whump story... with lots of team moment. It was for a challenge in the whump thread. We were to take a whump scene from anothe character.. like Ronon and change it to John. I picked a scene from Broken Ties. Gotta get it betaed and then I'll post.
        WOHOOO!!!

Wait, I'm confused. Did we finished the R*R?
        sigpic

Comment

My oldest son got married about a week and a half ago. I'm downloading pics from my computer.
          sigpic

Comment

Aww...how nice. Can't wait to see them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
              Aww...how nice. Can't wait to see them.
              No, we didn't.. Did you still want to skip you?? Everlovin was gonna step up next.

Oh and you'll need to post this... [CENTER][sigpic] [/sigpic] [/ CENTER] ...in your window where you do your sigs... but without the spaces. Then we can see your sig and not your link. We can't so rotating sigs any more.

Comment

That's weird cause I didn't have a rotating sig. I had the little hearts thingy, I'l have to fix it later. But thanks. I didn't even notice that. LOL

We need only 4 icon makers for the JT 100 Kissing Icon challenge. Djgirl is joining..WOHOOO!!!

So, spread the word everyone.

here's the beya link with all the info for this challenge.
                http://sga-beya.livejournal.com/346477.html
                sigpic

Comment

Let Everlovin do it and then if you need someone hollar and I'll do it.
                  sigpic

Comment

That's weird cause I didn't have a rotating sig. I had the little hearts thingy, I'l have to fix it later. But thanks. I didn't even notice that. LOL

We need only 4 icon makers for the JT 100 Kissing Icon challenge. Djgirl is joining..WOHOOO!!!

So, spread the word everyone.

here's the beya link with all the info for this challenge.
                    http://sga-beya.livejournal.com/346477.html
                    Hmmm. That is weird.

Ok. Sounds good to me.

Question Time!!

Search and Rescue: Why do you think John had a dream about him and Teyla having an intament dinner together? Do you think it's because he felt guilty, missed her... maybe they've had dinners like this before Why did he hesitate and called it a night? Hope to get this thread going again.

Ugh... should really be cleaning, but I don't want to...

Comment

On the none rotating sigs part of things; Gateworld has its own server, sig rotators wont work because it causes the gateworld server to be really slow for several users. links are useful and work, but I think you'll have to ask Skydiver for help on the animated sigpictures

Everlovin; that sounds prertty well as long as I need not download anything.

Also; Jeyla; my wedding was 8 months ago in January of this year

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm reading!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        Hmmm. That is weird.

Ok. Sounds good to me.

Question Time!!

Search and Rescue: Why do you think John had a dream about him and Teyla having an intament dinner together? Do you think it's because he felt guilty, missed her... maybe they've had dinners like this before Why did he hesitate and called it a night? Hope to get this thread going again.

Ugh... should really be cleaning, but I don't want to...
                        Personally, I think he often dreams of her. Maybe moreso when he's whumped on. Kind of a safe place for his mind to go. I think the circumstances of his life - Teyla missing - intruded itself on a fantasy/dream he's had many times.

What? I'm shippy that way.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        On the none rotating sigs part of things; Gateworld has its own server, sig rotators wont work because it causes the gateworld server to be really slow for several users. links are useful and work, but I think you'll have to ask Skydiver for help on the animated sigpictures

Here you go. Super easy to use. Plus, it can come up with Greek, Latin, Hawaiian, all sorts of sounding names. I use it a lot!
                        sigpic

Comment

Here you go. Super easy to use. Plus, it can come up with Greek, Latin, Hawaiian, all sorts of sounding names. I use it a lot!
                          Yay!! thanks! Now I got a dozen planet names I need to make

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Personally, I think he often dreams of her. Maybe moreso when he's whumped on. Kind of a safe place for his mind to go. I think the circumstances of his life - Teyla missing - intruded itself on a fantasy/dream he's had many times.

What? I'm shippy that way.
                            Hee hee. I love your thinking.

I wouldn't doubt that he's thought of them having a moment like that. Why else dream it? And I'm sure he felt guilty for not being able to find her and he knew what would happen if they didn't, but the one thing I loved.... was he NEVER dreamt like this before... outside of fanfics. Nightmares of those he lost and couldn't save... yes, but romantically... no.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

OH, SWEETIEE>>>CONGRATS!!!! *SMOOCH*

Did you post piccies? I wanna see. I Love weddings. I want to marry Mr. C again just to get married again!!! But he won't marry me again.
                              sigpic

Comment

This is a good question to ask a guy.

What do they dream about?

Now, Mr. Camy only dreams about me and him fighting monsters and all that. He's always a superhero. LOL

But this is interesting. More questions than answers I guess.

We know that dreams are a reflection of how we solve problems. How we deal with them and what are true feelings lie.

This dream centered around Teyla, but it had other things as well.

There's certainly feelings of guilt because there was Ford there. At one point I thought the writers wanted to bring Weir back, but Torri declined. Didn't I read that somewhere?

So, there's his guilty feeling that he didn't save her, couldn't save her.

And the way he was going to deal with that was dreaming about her in the way he wants to remember hher. Now, that's the other interesting part, the way he dreamt of her.

That is what speaks volumes.

His dream of her was intimate, was romantic and had a very different perspective on what we typically see in John.

He's never "dressed" up for any of his dates that I can remember. Even when he was with Chaya, he kept his uniform on when he went with her on the date. So, to see John here, seeing himself all dressed up for Teyla and clearly being in Teyla's place that tells you of the seriousness of this moment for him. He wants to be almost a different man with her. A real man, a real couple, a real date, and treat her as any woman wants to be treated; with respect, loyalty and high class! LOL

The other thing in this dreams are the words spoken.

Her words speak more than his own words. He wants to hear Teyla say these things. He needs to hear Teyla say that she's always trusted him, that she's counting on him, that she cherishes the time that they spend together, just he and she. Very, very important.

Next, she's waiting for him. She knows that he won't give up in finding her. He feels that way and he needs to know that she does too. That she's out there counting on him.

At this point in the dream, John doesn't know what situation he's in with Ronon. He's unconscious, but even in the back of his mind, right before he went unconscious, his last thought must have been of Teyla. That he's failed her, that he'll never see her again, and so he needs to see her one last time in his dreams.

The setting, and the words speak to me how he truly feels for her. Even knowing that he's with another man's child, he cannot deny his feelings for her and I think at this point, he clearly knows how he feels for her and what he really wishes he could have with her.

He can't fail her, and he needs her to know this and he clearly thinks of her more than he leads on.

Lastly, why did he act the way he did. Well, that's the irony of it all. Even in his dream, John is hesitanton just what to do with Teyla. This shows me that he sees her as one that's unattainable to him. That even in his dreams, he's respectful to her and he won't make the first move.

Clearly, this is Teyla inviting him to eat with her. At this stage of the game, I think in his mind, there's more between them, as he hopes, but this is where he's just starting off with her.

The dream also implies that this isn't their first date because as Teyla says, I cherish these moments when it is just you and me. So, in the dream at least, this wasn't their first time together, alone and like this.

The other thing that is interesting, is John's words after he wakes and is with Ronon. He tells Ronon that, he's the guy. That speaks volumes to me as well, and I think that tells me why John never made a move on Teyla. Or at least one of the many reasons why. He sees himself as the one, and the one can't have a normal life, can't have the things that he years for. I think he sees himself as always been the guy in the background.

Lastly, I love that even in Season 5, John's feelings for Teyla haven't diminished. At this time, it's been at least 7 months since he's found out about Teyla being with another man, and searching desperately for this man, and in his eyes, wanting to be with this man. Any other guy who only "liked" or had a crush would have long gone moved on, but John hasn't. Yeah, he's commented on Larrin, but in his dreamsand in his heart and in his mind, he's only ever wanted to be with Teyla.

And the way he sees her is beautiful, classy and very romantic and intimate.

Gosh, I love that man.

And the thing is that when they are back in the infirmary, Teyla speaks almost the same words to him as she did in his dream. That is certainly a correlation about John and Teyla.

Not only is John right about how Teyla thinks of him to rescue her, but she has to be feeling the same about everything else. The fact that she's immediately states that she wants to name her child after him confirms that she cherishes John above the rest. Not the father of her son, not the one who delivered her son, but John. Her father's name is going to be right next to John's name as part of her son's name.

Again, in my view, the writers were telling us that John and Teyla still harbored deep feelings for one another, beyond a crush, and beyond friendship.

Unfortunately, they need a couple more seasons to get that straightened away.

Course, it could all be in my shippy mind.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X