No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. I'm hoping that when I get power I can read everything and respond properly. Thank Hope for letting me know about Jeyla. I hope she gets power back soon too. What a pain this has been. May not get them back until Sunday sometime... ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      The thing is, they could have had John as Torren's daddy if they hadn't chickened out. It could have started out a night of grief and comfort for both of them after Elizabeth and Carson's death and then grown into a loving relationship.
      The perfect time was after Kate's death. She went to him for comfort. It's not an uncommon thing that happens... so I would've believed it. Thanks to producer PM for taking a fit and said no.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Me too - We know Joe and Rachel were always behind JT and both were disappointed in the direction the relationship took in season 5 - but I believe the writers loved John and Teyla as well - they were the ones who gave them to us in the first place - and I think it was the lack of direction and certain writers writing for their fav character that changed the tide of John and Teyla's relationship - but even though they introduced Kanaan to explain Rachels pregnancy - they didn't drop JT - Look at all the moments they had together - Search and Rescue pretty much confimed that they loved each other and longed to be together - so the writers still very much believed in John and Teyla to give us this amazing scene. Unfortunately no storyline really got closure after that - except for McKay and Keller..

Yes Rachel was and still is a big fan of JT. It must have been frustrating for her to have played Teyla caring for John for so long and then their relationship not getting closure. Joe and Rachel had great chemistry and this came across on screen - their scenes were always natural and believable and they both knew that they could carry off a deep and meaningful relationship. Joe has also stated many times that he loved playing John fighting to be with the person he loved - he liked that the writers threw obstacles in their way and that things were never smooth sailing - but like us I don't think he ever expected it to end so dismally and unresolved.

Glad you're ok Sci and Jeyla - didn't know you were both effected by Hurricane Irene - Hugs

I think the thread doesn't move much now because most JT fans feel like Joe and Rachel - we know what was between John and Teyla and how they really felt about each other - we know it was shown on screen and played that way by the actors and written that way by the writers - we know that John and Teyla were the intended ship for the show but due to a lack of effort and direction for SGA - many storylines went to pot in the last season. The writers were all over the place and only interested in satisfying their own desires and when Rachel announced her pregnancy they couldn't be bothered to put the time or effort into creating a believable scenario to explain it - their attention was elsewhere - SGU and their 2 favourite characters - they didn't have the time or the talent to give the attention that John and Teyla's relationship required and we ended up with the Kanaan fiasco..

But we can't change how things turned out in the show and I think we all know that John and Teyla loved each other. I'll always love John and Teyla - they will always be my favourite pairing - what they had was special and wonderful and I think the chemistry and friendship that Joe and Rachel share made their onscreen relationship even more believable and touching. MGM also believe in John and Teyla otherwise they wouldn't have sanctioned their relationship in the Legacy Books So John and Teyla live on - yes it would have been nice if the SGA writers had given them the closure they deserved, but they didn't kill their relationship either - for me JT were just as strong in season 5 as they were in the other seasons. They loved each other just as much, but their lives took a different direction for a while and if the show had continued I'm pretty sure the writers would have had them come back together, just like in the books ..

So at this stage I don't have a lot more to say. That's why I don't come here that often now. I know that they still love each other and I know that they will end up together... (in fact I believe they are already together - the scene at the end of Eatg confirmed that for me - both standing there with their arms wrapped around themselves trying not to touch each other.. and no Kanaan in sight..
        Well said... as always Blue.

I agree. Alot of were crushed at how things went and ended and it affected the thread... sadly. I'm glad we have the Legacy books and fanfics to carry on what should've happened all a long.

I think when they stopped asking for the actors imput they began to lose the quality of the show and characters. IMO

Totally agree Everlovin... it would have been the perfect moment to bring them togehter - but they chickened out. John as Torrens daddy could have given John so much more depth and an ideal reason to show his bottled up feelings - but as I said I think the writers just couldnt be bothered going there - that would have meant tackling real emotions and I don't think they were up to it to be honest..
        Oh I agree. It would've brought his character up to another level. Seeing him in Quarentine and the baby kick and in the dart in S&R was proof to me.

Oh and bummed during the power outage... I couln't find my Homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          I'll always love John & Teyla... both as on their own and together... at some point I need to dig into those books...just haven't gotten around to it.. guess I'm just not into sitting still and reading a book LOL... and I'm pretty busy since my workplace is moving into a new constructed building ..it's a lot to do.. and my mind has been more in a way moved on to other shows in general...guess it's just natural since Atlantis got nothing new per say and other shows namely CSI NY and Hawaii Five-0 are still rolling and my attention has fallen over for those.. not to mention my favorite couple on TV is on CSI NY ...

My love for JT will always last... it's just not my first thought anymore I guess since there just isn't anything new anymore if you don't count the books that I haven't started on..don't know how many has been released yet...

Everything is just hectis as it is these days... Sadly no more time to take off work at the moment other wise I might have skipped over to London to see Joe...but that wouldn't work either LOL spent lots of money going to concert last week so that left my wallet pretty empty hahaha... oh well it was well worth it...

See ya around... I pop in once a day to see if something new pops up...
          I will always love John and Teyla the same as you. I too follow other ships, but I have to admit that I do better art with J/T than in other shows and my stories... when I do them are either focused on J/T or John.... whump.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            I will always love John and Teyla the same as you. I too follow other ships, but I have to admit that I do better art with J/T than in other shows and my stories... when I do them are either focused on J/T or John.... whump.
            I've never followed other ships - maybe a casual interest but nothing like John and Teyla. I've never really been a shipper and it was only the amazing chemistry between Joe and Rachel that made John and Teyla's relationship so wonderful and believable. I've no interest really in pretending there is something between characters when nothing is shown on screen. I love the new Hawaii 5'0 but I don't see any ship at all on the show - I know some like Steve and Kono but because there is nothing between them on the show or nothing even hinted I've no interest in making up stuff and I don't get any romantic vibe from them either. Again I didn't really get any romantic vibe between any other characters on SGA.. Ronon and Keller had potential but the writers ruined it by going down the awful love triangle route..

I tend to prefer team dynamics - I loved the team dynamic in SGA probably just as much as John and Teyla - again the team dynamic is what keeps me watching Hawaii 5'0 - not any ship.
            sigpic

Comment

I've never followed other ships - maybe a casual interest but nothing like John and Teyla. I've never really been a shipper and it was only the amazing chemistry between Joe and Rachel that made John and Teyla's relationship so wonderful and believable. I've no interest really in pretending there is something between characters when nothing is shown on screen. I love the new Hawaii 5'0 but I don't see any ship at all on the show - I know some like Steve and Kono but because there is nothing between them on the show or nothing even hinted I've no interest in making up stuff and I don't get any romantic vibe from them either. Again I didn't really get any romantic vibe between any other characters on SGA.. Ronon and Keller had potential but the writers ruined it by going down the awful love triangle route..

I tend to prefer team dynamics - I loved the team dynamic in SGA probably just as much as John and Teyla - again the team dynamic is what keeps me watching Hawaii 5'0 - not any ship.
              I do the same. I don't ship unless I know there is something there. Like on Bones and Castle, but J/T will always be my number one ship. They are the reason why I'm in this forum.
              I also love the team dynamic... especially in SGA. I think when they kept doing character focus in S5 they lost peoples interest... IMO. Team eps are so much better.

Comment

I do the same. I don't ship unless I know there is something there. Like on Bones and Castle, but J/T will always be my number one ship. They are the reason why I'm in this forum.
                Me too - I've liked quite a few relationships over the years but never really actively shipped them.

I also love the team dynamic... especially in SGA. I think when they kept doing character focus in S5 they lost peoples interest... IMO. Team eps are so much better.
                Totally agree - Team eps have always been my favourite - that was the main problem with season 5 imo.. hardly any team episodes. Far too many episodes with the team separated and paired up with characters I had no interest in. I don't even mind them been split into different combinations.. Ronon/John, Rodney/Teyla etc. But stories that had on one of the team with OC's just didn't hold my interest. I think they killed that dynamic when they brought in Keller and especially when they turned it into the McKay Keller show. We had everyone doing their own thing and it just wasn't nearly as interesting. The chemistry between the characters is what kept me watching. I put up with mediocre story telling and dismal writing at times because of the team dynamic. It was the same with John and Teyla...

Their dynamic was still there in season 5. Each time they were together a scene was more interesting because of how they played it and the dynamic between them. I never thought I'd find such an amazing team dynamic again - but the characters in Hawii Five'0 also have it...

OT for Hawaii Five O - and possible spoilers.
                Spoiler:
                I hope they don't mess with that team dynamic the way they did with SGA by bringing in a new team member. I never really took to Kaye and now seemingly there is someone else new next season.
                sigpic

Comment

No I don't ship either for just the sake of it...as Blue I don't see a ship in Hawaii Five-0...I love the show and the team dynamic..not to mention I can rest my eyes on Alex "Steve McGarrett" O'Loughlin...LOL

Only ship these days that I follow and see is Danny & Lindsay in CSI NY... I saw the chemistry straight away with the actors when they came together the first time... and it was from their chemistry the writers got the idea of that ship...and they have been the ship since they came together in the season finale of seaosn 3..and now we are soon starting season 8...

I don't try and find ship in all series I watch... that's not the main reason I watch shows..

Atlantis had a rare thing... great characters...great team dynamic,, great chemistry between actors.. and that is so hard to come by in a show..
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

New sig... Hope it post..having trouble with GW tonight.

Comment

I love Sci!
                      One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Courtam3 View Post
                        I love Sci!
                        Thanks hun.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                          No I don't ship either for just the sake of it...as Blue I don't see a ship in Hawaii Five-0...I love the show and the team dynamic..not to mention I can rest my eyes on Alex "Steve McGarrett" O'Loughlin...LOL

Only ship these days that I follow and see is Danny & Lindsay in CSI NY... I saw the chemistry straight away with the actors when they came together the first time... and it was from their chemistry the writers got the idea of that ship...and they have been the ship since they came together in the season finale of seaosn 3..and now we are soon starting season 8...

I don't try and find ship in all series I watch... that's not the main reason I watch shows..

Atlantis had a rare thing... great characters...great team dynamic,, great chemistry between actors.. and that is so hard to come by in a show..
                          Ooops Sorry Nina. Missed your post. Last night I was having problems with GW and did a drive by post.:s

I'm the same way. I look for the obvious ships... Like Danny/Lidnsey, Castle/Beckett and of course John and Teyla. I do other ships, but I'm not as strong as J/T and Castle and Beckett. I love the little sparks they give us, but if they let it die out.. I'm not crushed, but with John and Teyla it was different. We saw in Season 3 where it was going and the writers even said so so the complete 180 was hard to deal with. Like we've all said. If the explained it better, we probably would've done better, but to do it so sloppily and laugh at Kanaan on the commentaries doesn't make how we feel about Teyla's choice any better. IMO We still saw glimpses though. While she was pregnant.... like Quarantine. The baby kick was a very intimate moment to me and we saw how excited Joh was, but once Kanaan came into the picture he stepped aside. Showing what a true gentleman he was. But look at "First Contact" you can still see Teyla has feelings for John and visa versa(sp). John pleaded her to leave before the gate room was about to explode and she wanted to stay.... she was crushed that he told her to go. What does that tell ya??? So many tiny moments.
                          I agree with Rachel and that if they would've had a Season 6 we would've seen more J/T moments and maybe some feelings revealed. Maybe not to each other.. maybe yes, but at least showed to the audience. I would've loved to see how they would've ended her relationship with Kanaan. I'm sure of course it would've been mutual and still remain friends... especially for Torren's sake... or they would've done away with his character all together, but I doubt tptb would've gone that way too. They would vaguely make mention of him..like they did with Halling...... again.. IMO.

Sorry for my rant. lol
                          Yes.. SGA did. I think that's why I loved it so much and hated S5 as much. We lost all of that for doing character eps. Give me team eps with some character stuff any day. That's why I loved S&R so much. It had team work, character bonding, whump, shippiness and the list goes on and on.

Comment

Vacations are great, net only so long per day, but lots of time to write, in this case, 8, words if 4 days (over four hours total writing time)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              Vacations are great, net only so long per day, but lots of time to write, in this case, 8, words if 4 days (over four hours total writing time)
                              Is that 8 words or 8 stories?? If 8 stories... then you're hubby must get jealous.

Comment

Is that 8 words or 8 stories?? If 8 stories... then you're hubby must get jealous.
                                duuurrrrrr... That was to have three zeros behind that 8, 8,000 words in four days. all of it for one story {Project Icegate, Project One} pretty much introduces a bit of a character of mine, along with a lot of my own Autbots featured in it as well. I just need to contact a friend of mine and ask him if it is alright to have some of his Autobots in the story as well.

At first I thought of Project Icegate as a single one chapter short ficlet, but instead I really got into it and thought it'd make a great Transformers/SG1 crossover. I can try my hand at a Transformers/SGA mixup.......

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X