John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fates4jt
    Hi, I'm soooo... new here but I'm just loving the Sheyla love fest going on. I'm a major fan of the two together and I couldn’t wait to find a board with supporters who shared the same feelings; You know, I gotta admit though I wasn’t on board with them getting together at first because I only saw a solid friendship between these two, and to be frank I didn't like the idea of any woman romantically being linked to John but after "conversion" I’m completely sold on Sheyla and I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more out there like me.
    I definitely can see more Sheyla growth happening and I believe that the writers are more than capable of developing something deeper between them; there just better not be any gratuitous meaningless sex thrown our way. I so wouldn’t want that.
    Anyways, I like reading all of the support and favor directed towards my favorite ship and can’t wait for more fans to jump on board.
    Welcome to the bored. Conversion was the best wasn't it. I just loved the Sheyla. TPTB better not dissapoint us, all I'm saying. I can get very angry when I put my mind to it.... j/k.
    Spoiler:

Comment

I just keep watching the last scene of "Conversion", and I'm just getting more and more convinced that our 'ship is doing just hunky dory. I can't get over how much is being said there, even without words. Whenever Sheppard looks at her, he gets this faraway little half-smile, but be sure to watch his eyes! They get this soft, gentle look that is simply adorable -- I'd love it for some guy as beautiful as him to look at me like that. The look isn't one of lust or embarrassment at all but of pure, unadulterated trust, respect, and some sort of love (not necessarily romantic but that of closest friends). Yup, definitely wonderful stuff.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        *raises hand* I vid. Only two problems with me making one, currently stuck madly making icons (infact I made a sort of shep/teyla one...) for a LJ challenge, and I haven't yet seen Conversion (waiting for housemates to return so we can watch it together). Other than that I could maybe have a go tomorow, but what song? I also need to have the song, I've got alot but not everything. Still if someone finds a song I turn out to have that might fit for a Shep/Teyla vid then I'm willing to have a go at it this week.

Though you might do well to go ask MartoufMarty, she might take up the challenge and she made Stellar before, which was pretty good.

Sweet! You've put me on the spot, I haven't been listening for Sheyla songs! Anyone have any suggestions? Something uptempo as I always see their ship as sort of fun and energized.

I want to see your Shep/Teyla Icon too!
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I love the way Sheppard's mouth twitched in that last scene of conversion. Right after she called him John. He'll be a long time living that down. He crossed a line, but not anything he can't overcome. I've heard lots of speculation on Tayla's reaction to Sheppard's liplock. But it seemed to me she was uncomfortable with him bringing it up again.

I wonder if Tayla has some guy issues of her own. The way she reacted when Sheppard kissed her. And they way she reacted when Ronan asked her to help him remove his shirt in Runner. It's almost as if she wasn't used to men that were undressed. She may also have twitched a little when Ford asked her to cut Sheppard's shirt open in "38 Minutes." That was a little different, because the situation was more urgent.

Comment

Okay, I haven't had much chance to listen this morning, but I did here this one and thought of Conversion with maybe a bit of Home mixed in. What ya think?

Avril Lavigne
            Complicated

Uh Huh
            Life's like this
            Uh Huh
            Uh Huh
            That's the way it is

Cause life's like this
            Uh Huh
            Uh Huh
            That's the way it is

Chill out
            What you yellin for?
            Lay back
            It's all been done before
            And if you could only let it be
            You will see

I like you the way you are
            When we're drivin in your car
            And you're talkin to me one-on-one
            But you become

Somebody else
            Round everyone else
            Watchin your back
            Like you can't relax
            You tryin to be cool
            You look like a fool to me
            Tell me

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
            I see the way you're actin like you're somebody else
            Gets me frustrated
            Life's like this you
            You fall and you crawl and you break and you take what you get
            And you turnin into
            Honestly, you promised me
            I'm never gonna find you fake it
            No no no

You come over unannounced
            Dressed up like you're somethin else
            Where you are ain't where it's at you see
            You're makin me
            Laugh out
            When you strike a pose
            Take off
            All your preppy clothes
            You know
            You're not foolin anyone
            When you become

Somebody else
            Round everyone else
            Watchin your back
            Like you can't relax
            You tryin to be cool
            Tell me

Gets me frustrated
            Life's like this you
            And you turnin into
            No no no
            (no no no)
            No no
            (no no no)
            No no
            (no no no)
            No no

Chill out
            What you yellin for?
            Lay back
            It's all been done before
            And if you could only let it be
            You will see

Somebody else
            Round everyone else
            Watchin your back
            Like you can't relax
            You tryin to be cool
            Tell me

Gets me frustrated
            Life's like this you
            And you turnin into
            No no

(yeah yeah)
            Gets me frustrated
            Life's like this you
            And you turnin into
            No no no
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I like it! We definitely need some more Shep/Teyla videos out there. I watch the few that I could find pretty much everyday.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

I got the "Rising" DVD yesterday and I LOVED it AGAIN!
                Spoiler:
                The conflict between Shep/Weir, the "look" between Shep/Teyla, The cave scene!
                SO great! *can't stop smiling*

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                  I wonder if Tayla has some guy issues of her own. The way she reacted when Sheppard kissed her. And they way she reacted when Ronan asked her to help him remove his shirt in Runner. It's almost as if she wasn't used to men that were undressed...
                  That's an interesting theory. I'd like it if, at some point, the writers explored Teyla's past romantic relationships. But I only want that if they'll also ballance it out by giving her stories lines where we see her develop in other areas as well.

Does that make sense? I want to see some Teyla-romance; but I also want to see her fleshed out and appreciated for what she is -- a strong, intelligent character.

I think if that happened it would ancourage others to be more open minded towards the possibility of John/Teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                    Ok, I've decided I like this one best! http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68...0910203833.jpg Passion, people, PASSION!

And has anyone taken up my challenge yet for the vid? You give me one good Sheyla vid that has Conversion scenes in it, and I'll trade you for a Sheyla fic! Come on, there has to be some vidders out there somewhere!

These are great....thanks...love these.....
                    Can't wait till we have more of these scenes....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cherryblossomjen
                      That's an interesting theory. I'd like it if, at some point, the writers explored Teyla's past romantic relationships. But I only want that if they'll also ballance it out by giving her stories lines where we see her develop in other areas as well.

Does that make sense? I want to see some Teyla-romance; but I also want to see her fleshed out and appreciated for what she is -- a strong, intelligent character.

I think if that happened it would ancourage others to be more open minded towards the possibility of John/Teyla.

That is a good idea...but I think that it is clear that she has demonstrated that she is a strong character...it's just that the writers need to give her more lines....
                      Also, about this kissing idea...
                      Spoiler:
                      I was just thinking about this today...perhaps, Teyla had never been kissed before....In any case, I think she responded to the kiss, otherwise, why would Sheppard say "that was interesting"? Don't you think she must have done something...I don't know...just hate this frustration of not knowing for sure what the heck the writers are going with this...but in my opinion...Sheppard and Teyla are going to develop this relationship further...but it will be slowly...for sure....

I just think these two are perfect for each other and they make the best couple ever....great episode....so many possibilities....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                        Sweet! You've put me on the spot, I haven't been listening for Sheyla songs! Anyone have any suggestions? Something uptempo as I always see their ship as sort of fun and energized.

I want to see your Shep/Teyla Icon too!
                        I'll have a listen out for a song, any artists anyone can recommend as the right sort of feeling for the pairing and the episode? If I have any songs by them then I could listen out for any possibilities.

Aaobuttons - The lyrics sound good for the song, though I might need a little help with some bits. Plus I still need to see Conversion before I can work it out. Right now I'm thinking it might be good with some Rising and maybe a LFP scene too. Anyway, I'll have to watch the episode before I decide if I can make the vid.

And here's my icon, not my best one out of all I've done for the themes50 challenge (rest are here - SGA, BSG and HP too, with SG-1 and Buffy ones to come) but I think it's shippy. If it sounds strange it's because it's an odd fit of some lyrics, I'm not entirely sure it works myself but here it is anyway... I'm hoping to getting round to making some actually definitely shippy icons, ones that are better than this, because there are some amazing shots of them fighting or in the gym. Found a lovely pic on New Atlantis I think where they're sitting at opposite ends of the gym window, sort of looking at each other. Just would require some editing to get both of them in the same shot for the icon...

Last edited by Purpleyin; 12 September 2005, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                          That is a good idea but I think that it is clear that she has demonstrated that she is a strong character...it's just that the writers need to give her more lines....
                          Also, about this kissing idea...
                          Spoiler:
                          perhaps, Teyla had never been kissed before.

Yes, she is clearly a strong character; I just want her to get an entire episode fleshing her out and making her as interesting to others as she is to us (who have already been sold).

As far as the never-been-kissed theory goes I doubt very much that that's the case. It's highly improbable that she's never been kissed and I can't see the writers going there.
                          Spoiler:
                          I think her reaction was understandable -- she was confused, breathless and needed time to digest what had happened -- which is whe she responds that she needs to be alone when John asks her if she's okay. I don't think she was displeased -- just not sure what to think/feel yet.

Comment

Purpleyin, I've been waiting for your asessment of "Conversion" so I hope you get to watch it soon. I've also been meaning to thank you for the reccomendation of the fanfiction by Tielan. I'm in love with her stories. <3

Comment

Originally posted by cherryblossomjen
                              Purpleyin, I've been waiting for your asessment of "Conversion" so I hope you get to watch it soon. I've also been meaning to thank you for the reccomendation of the fanfiction by Tielan. I'm in love with her stories. <3
                              I'm hoping I do too, waiting for my housemates to catch up on SGA. Sat down to watch it last night only for them to say they were confused by the 'previously on' part, as it turns out they hadn't seen Instinct yet... LOL. I'll be interested in seeing what this episode is like for the ship, as currently I'm mostly on the camp of friendship for S/T but with the right writing or fic I'm happy to see actual ship there, and of course I like to pick apart episodes generally and work out what they might mean.

And yes, Tielans fic are fantastic, I love the ways she writes Teyla specifically, but she's good at working shippy leanings into team fics too which is nice and not so much seen as people tend to write ship or gen team.

Oh and I thought I'd share a thought with you a friend (sadly not yet a member of GW) had about Teyla's hairbands, she noted that maybe Shep brought them back from Earth for her...

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                                I'm hoping I do too, waiting for my housemates to catch up on SGA. Sat down to watch it last night only for them to say they were confused by the 'previously on' part, as it turns out they hadn't seen Instinct yet... LOL. I'll be interested in seeing what this episode is like for the ship, as currently I'm mostly on the camp of friendship for S/T but with the right writing or fic I'm happy to see actual ship there, and of course I like to pick apart episodes generally and work out what they might mean.

And yes, Tielans fic are fantastic, I love the ways she writes Teyla specifically, but she's good at working shippy leanings into team fics too which is nice and not so much seen as people tend to write ship or gen team.

Oh and I thought I'd share a thought with you a friend (sadly not yet a member of GW) had about Teyla's hairbands, she noted that maybe Shep brought them back from Earth for her...
                                Yeah, I've been picking apart "Conversion" too. It's one of those episodes where there is so much going on and so much subtley, that it is easy to miss things. And I also have to thank you for that link -- she does a great job with characterizations, plotlines, ships, team stuff. Lovely work. Oooh, and I really like that thought from your friend. That is just too cute for words! Shep is such a cutie!

Comment

Working...
                                X