No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay...um..."Conversion" anyone? 22 hours away?

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

:jaw drops: Purpleyin, remind me never to piss you off.
      Last edited by Whistler84; 08 September 2005, 08:38 PM.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
      Spoiler:
      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

I know this has probably been rec'ed here before but want to recommend the vid Stellar by MartoufMarty - is on her site here. (you have to dig through music vids to atlantis section and then down the page a fair bit but it's well worth it, she makes the best vids - and sometimes takes requests too. )

Comment

"Stellar" is a really well-done vid. "In The Shadows" is probably my favorite one, though. It's basically a Teyla vid for the episode "The Gift" and it is sooo well done (great timing, perfect clips, etc). And there are several shippy moments to be had, so it's highly recommended!
          http://shadowother.tripod.com/

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
            Supposedly in Conversion.
            Spoiler:
            A big squee moment for everyone who ships romanctically I'm sure.
            Spoiler:
            I sort of ship romantically for them and I won't be "squeeing" at all. From what I know (and I could be wrong) this is not romantic in any way, shape, or form. I repeat, I could be wrong.
            Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Hey S/T shipper pals, I've found this ignore button and it brightens up this thread considerably!

I hope that we all get something out of tonight's eppy and that no-one is disappointed.

Comment

As much as I'm hoping for a squee moment in tonight's episode, I have also heard that
                Spoiler:
                it is not what we think. They'll probably pull a "Broca Divide" and explain it away as his illness and the effects it was having on him
                . Oh well. Should be a good character episode regardless, and I haven't seen a new "Atlantis" in two weeks, so I'm kind of desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                  Well, I agree with you on this...I have read a lot of the fanfictions and have also noticed that Teyla ends up pregnant in most of them. I will check some of your stories...Thanks...

As for people continuing to think that I am Pam...All I have to say is....then call me Pam....I don't care! My new name is Pam....If the real Pam is reading this...I hope that you don't mind... but some people will do just about anything to stop this thread from going....They almost did it too.........
                  I've noticed that when the thread is going great...right away...Pam, Pam, had something to do with this....But, I am not going to argue or discuss this...I will keep posting even if no one responds to me....
                  I can just express my feelings....Go Sheppard and Teyla......

I would also like to know how and when did I offend someone or was disrespectful or criticize Weir or any other thread...
                  like Sheppard said...."Why don't you check those accusations"...loved that scene.....
                  Oh, I will still be under, Camy.....
                  Wow, I don't think I have ever came across a Pam that is Hispanic.....but, oh well, Pam it is....I'm the new Pam, I'm the new Pam, I'm the new Pam...
                  See what you people have done to me.......I got it handed to you, though you guys are really good at this....I am just an amateur....
                  Good group strategy too....Wow.....

Comment

Just a little thing to ponder: A lot of Shep/Weir and other non-ship people are convinced that the
                    Spoiler:
                    kiss
                    in tonight's episode will mean absolutely nothing and that it will be written off. This is very likely to happen in all honesty, but I think we should all keep in mind that "Conversion" sounds an awful lot like "The Broca Divide", and Sam and Jack couldn't keep their hands off of each other in that episode, either. They, too, decided that that was only because of the disease, but then they turned into the only major canon ship of the series. Parallels? Let's hope so! How this plays out could be an early indicator of where it's going for the rest of the season. But Sam and Jack didn't confront how they felt until three years later, so we might have to give Shep/Teyla some time to mature and develop. If it's good, I can wait! 6 hours and 42 minutes until "Conversion"!

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                      Just a little thing to ponder: A lot of Shep/Weir and other non-ship people are convinced that the
                      Spoiler:
                      kiss
                      in tonight's episode will mean absolutely nothing and that it will be written off. This is very likely to happen in all honesty, but I think we should all keep in mind that "Conversion" sounds an awful lot like "The Broca Divide", and Sam and Jack couldn't keep their hands off of each other in that episode, either. They, too, decided that that was only because of the disease, but then they turned into the only major canon ship of the series. Parallels? Let's hope so! How this plays out could be an early indicator of where it's going for the rest of the season. But Sam and Jack didn't confront how they felt until three years later, so we might have to give Shep/Teyla some time to mature and develop. If it's good, I can wait! 6 hours and 42 minutes until "Conversion"!
                      Egads! You actually want the show to parody the Sam/Jack relationship? From what I've heard, a lot of SG-1 fans are seriously pissed about how that relationship was played. And, from what I've seen, they have reason to be. TPTB apparently handled their relationship with as much grace as an anvil, so I'm hoping that if they do any ships on SGA, they don't fall into the same traps that befell them in SG-1.

But you know what, I kinda think they're making all new mistakes with SGA - playing around too much with S/T and S/W shippers, for one. It a whole new type of poorly handled 'romantic' writing for them. Please pick and choose one ship now, and then stick with it. Don't mesh around with our shippers too much!

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                        Egads! You actually want the show to parody the Sam/Jack relationship? From what I've heard, a lot of SG-1 fans are seriously pissed about how that relationship was played. And, from what I've seen, they have reason to be. TPTB apparently handled their relationship with as much grace as an anvil, so I'm hoping that if they do any ships on SGA, they don't fall into the same traps that befell them in SG-1.

But you know what, I kinda think they're making all new mistakes with SGA - playing around too much with S/T and S/W shippers, for one. It a whole new type of poorly handled 'romantic' writing for them. Please pick and choose one ship now, and then stick with it. Don't mesh around with our shippers too much!
                        I was quite happy with the ending of S/J because I'm happy to have open endings, so I can play in my own shippy sandbox. That's what I think should happen with Atlantis too..

However, this is the S/T thread, so we'd better let them get back to playing. I hope for
                        Spoiler:
                        the integrity of the PTB that this isn't an assault and it's perhaps something to do more with getting primal.. which I could buy. I mean, why wouldn't Shep want to kiss Teyla, she's very lovely

Comment

Originally posted by skye1974
                          Here ya go: Sympathetic Magic. There's also a couple of good ::choke:: Shep/Weir fics ::choke:: by the same author on that site.

I have the same issues with S/T fic that you do. Bad, childish fic coupled with bad, childish shippers has turned me off a bit on this ship.
                          *pats Skye on the back*

Thanks for the rec. I'll go and read, part of the reason why I've never been sold on this ship has been the dire fanfic, it'd be interesting to read a good fic. I've written some Shep/Teyla friendship fic, which I actually find quite interesting. I find the concept of her finding him really quite odd and endearing very amusing..

ETA: I'd forgotten, I'd read this before! Ack! Its good tho, she writes Teyla very well in character, that aloof mysteriousness she has sometimes and has Sheppard confused, which I like. Sheppard should always be confused.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            OMG!!!! I squeeed so hard I fell off the couch!!!
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

yea oh my god... very nice
                              Spoiler:
                              that kiss was lovely
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                And that look at the end!!! I almost fell out of my couch again!
                                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                                X