John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
    Great feedback on Blue's questions everyone!

Here's a question I have thought about from time to time.. As was said, the writers going into S4 were planning a huge Telya arc and that Teyla was going to have a very dark story line in S4. When Rachel informed them of her pregnancy, they had to change everything.

What do you think they were planning for Teyla? What kind of story would they put her in.
    What would they have happen to her?
    Do you think John and Teyla would have gotten closer had they not had to deal with Rachel's pregnancy?
    Or would they have just continued with the back and forth that we had between them before? Would Michael have been as involved with Teyla as he was?

Just wondering what your thoughts are....
    I dont think they changed the arc that much at all except for the Kanaan horridness..... it was still going to be based on her people missing and Teyla going slightly darker.... even without the pregnancy I don't think it would have been much better.

I think Rachels pregnancy threw a spanner in the JT relationship.... they were definitely heading towards highlighting the feelings between John and Teyla by the end of season 3 and I think it would have been clearer in season 4. I think JT were always the canon ship but whether the ptb would have actually made them an official pairing who knows.... they seemed much more interested in concentrating on Rodneys love life ...
    sigpic

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm extending this challenge for another week until Sunday, March 7th, 2010 because I do think it's a good one and I'm hoping more of you will participate. So, I'll hold our Green March Madness Challenge until Monday, March 8, 2010. Please take a look once again to the list of categories for the February Challenge. I should be able to finish and post all the quotes by today.

Here are the Prompts:

DEFINITIONS OF LOVE
      DECLARATIONS OF LOVE
      DEFINITIONS OF SEX
      DEFINITIONS OF MARRIAGE
      DENIAL OF LOVE
      DURATION OF LOVE
      THE END OF LOVE
      ETERNAL LOVE
      FALLING IN LOVE
      FALSE LOVE
      FIRST LOVE
      FOUR-LETTER-WORDS
      FREE LOVE
      HATE AND LOVE
      THIRTY YEARS OF LOVE
      SEARCH FOR LOVE
      QUALITIES OF LOVE
      PLATONIC LOVE
      NATURE OF LOVE
      MEN AND WOMEN IN LOVE
      LOVE AND SEX
      LOVE LETTERS
      LOVE AND MONEY
      LOVE AND MARRIAGE
      LOVE:AGAINST
      LOVE
      LOSS OF LOVE
      LASTING LOVE
      LACK OF LOVE
      LUST AND LOVE
      KINDS OF LOVE
      LOST IN LOVE
      LOVE IN HEAVEN AND HELL

Check this link to see what has been posted for this challenge so far.
      http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/214827.html
      Last edited by Jeyla4ever; 01 March 2010, 09:41 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Blue,

Here are my response. I do apologize but I haven't had the time to read others reply to this.

Do you think the writers did a good job with Sheppard over the years....
        No, the writers were not consistent with John's characterization and they didn't give us enough. I believe that what made John the star that he is in the show was Joe's portrayal of this character that made him unique, gorgeous and absolutely lovable. It's the small things that we see in John that makes him stand out from the others and made me love him all the more.

There was growth and changes to his characters without a doubt, but there were gaps in there that simply weren't panned out accordingly. Season 5 left us with more answers than anything about this mysterious and conflicted character and I for one, wanted to know more!!!!

Did he remain true to character during the seasons..
        Well, there are bits and pieces of him he and there. The best example I can give off the top of my head was the two part episodes of First Contacts and The Lost Tribe. In First Contact John was independent, self assured, determined and a true leader. In The Lost Tribe, he hesitated, was conflicted, was extremely needy, and lacked determination, consistency and leadership qualities.

Did the writers explain the changes we saw in John over the years and did they do a good job...
        Well, like I mentioned before, there were gaps here and there was a huge lack of consistency in the writing of his characters but there were some clear cut things in there. For example, there was no question as to who mattered the most to John. His team. The relationship and bond between his team members was very clear. We saw some excellent growth in this with John but unfortunately, he was the only character to have had this much clarity into the relationship among the team members. There was no question as to how John felt for Rodney, Ronon and Teyla. They were his everything and nothing and no one was to come between he and his team mates. This was done very well by the writers, until Season 5. I kind of ignore that season all together. That one needed to be redone over.

However, his leadership role in Atlantis was a bit off. In Season 1 was determined to fulfill his job with all he's got. He questioned Weir and he demanded presence, respect and a voice in and out of Atlantis. Season 2 he conformed to Weir's command. Season 3 was a John that was accepting and balancing his role as a leader and friend. Season 4 brought new changes with Sam's presence. And season 5; I've no idea. Was he even there?

Why do we feel that Teyla was the only woman for John ...
        She's the only that's still with him after 5 years. She's the only one that can stand up to him and give him a piece of her mind. She's the only one that truly understands and accepts him for who he is. Doesn't judge him, doesn't hold it against him and actually loves him the more for him being who he is. Until Letters from Pegasus, Teyla saw John and something more of a god. She relied on him to be perfect! To be the answer that her people had been wishing for against their fight with the Wraith. After Letters from Pegasus, she saw the man behind the hero and saw him plainly as a man with doubts, fears and turmoils. She accepted him then and has only grown to love him even more to the point that she's put him above the rest. John simply can't hide things from her very well even when he tries and he simply can't live without her. He's accepted her as a friend, even though he desires more. And he's cared for no other woman, not even Nancy, the way he cares for her. They both respect and follow each other unconditionally, and both are willing to sacrifice their feelings for one another simply because they don't want to loose each other.

Was John's transition from easy going quirky fly boy in the early seasons to the grim more serious loner we saw in season five believable..
        Yes, John has seen and lived many things in the Pegasus that has certainly changed him to the man we know in Season 4 and 5. Again, Season 5 was poorly done but in those times and moments that we saw glimpse of his character, the changes were evident and believable. He suffered for Teyla, cared for his Rodney, and defended and fought beside Ronon. His commitment to his team brought about the changes in him because he cared deeply for each one of them. In season 1 John saw this as a career move for him, a chance to redeem himself and his record. Little did he know that it would change his life forever, leaving him citizen of the Pegasus and making Atlantis his permanent home.

I rushed through this, but I hope I left some of the insight that I see in this wonderful, loved and cherished character....I love John!
        sigpic

Comment

So Jeyla, what is the March challenge going to be anyway?

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
          My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
            So Jeyla, what is the March challenge going to be anyway?
            Well, ....now you little sneaky!!! You are just going to have to wait.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry Camy, I haven't had time to read through all the prompts
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hey everyone!
                  I have a somewhat, odd, request.
                  OK, so you know my little sis that I've mentioned on occasion? Well, she turns 11 in a couple of weeks and after there's only two years before she can join GW. Only prob is she say's she doesn't want to, I don't think I can change her mind and it's probably none of my business anyway.
                  But, can you guys help me with a list of reasons why she should? Considering she's a Sheyla shipper?
                  I already have a few:

1. The people here are really awesome.
                  2. They share her passion for JT.
                  3. She will always have someone to talk to.

And that's all I got right now.
                  Thanks in advance!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                    Well, ....now you little sneaky!!! You are just going to have to wait.
                    Darn....I was so hoping to get it out of you. Oh well.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                    My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Happy Birthday Sci! (I will have a pressie for you later )
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

NP Cazz. Take your time.

I'll try to catch up today. Still have sick kid at home.

Comment

Did some Rachel art last night.

Comment

Happy Birthday Sci!!!!

Enjoy Your Day!!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                            Forever!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Sci!
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Thank you Rockhound and Everlovin!! **HUGS**

Comment

Working...
                                X