John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doxymom
    While comforting John in the Jumper, what was Teyla thinking? What did she whisper to John while no one else was close?
    I'd say some sort of reassurance that he'd be okay. They were still in the 'getting to know you ' phase. I don't think she'd ever gush or be obvious. And I don't think that's really his style, either.
    Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by kaeyla
      I feel that this Sheppard/teyla ship is not what I would like to see on SGA- I think they would much better team mates than partners- anythingelse would take the edge off their colleague efficiency- they make wonderful friends, people that that can rely on each other in times of danger, but I feel they are two really different people entirely to become life partners. i like what we have already got with Sheppaed and Teyla.
      I'd agree they make wonderful friends...nothing saying that you have to see it...

So WELCOME!

but i guess my seeing them as a couple stems from the fact that they are friends, who show that they can rely on each other, and that they are different enough, but there's still some similarities that a relationship between them won't be boring, or predictable.

Bella, i visited the OT...can't wait to see what comes of your idea...It's sure to be helpful and may generate much more sigs, and icons.

Thanxie DM...

Ok i'm off to create something for 38-Minutes....

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
        I'd say some sort of reassurance that he'd be okay. They were still in the 'getting to know you ' phase. I don't think she'd ever gush or be obvious. And I don't think that's really his style, either.
        I LUV...your sheppard siggy...

But i'm with you on that...definitely reassurance....She seemed distressed throughout....and there is the possibility that they could end up talking about something other than the situation just to keep their minds off their predicament.

R.I.P Wraithlord
        Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
          I LUV...your sheppard siggy...
          Thank you. I was waiting on another one, something to do with a hitman sans stars...

Sig by Camy

Comment

I feel that this Sheppard/teyla ship is not what I would like to see on SGA- I think they would much better team mates than partners- anythingelse would take the edge off their colleague efficiency- they make wonderful friends, people that that can rely on each other in times of danger, but I feel they are two really different people entirely to become life partners. i like what we have already got with Sheppaed and Teyla.

Oh, Welcome Kaeyla!

Hmmmm....I am glad that you like what they have going right now...I don't think anyone here is going to disagree with you on that one! We can see that right now, the bond, trust, care, friendship and chemistry is so THERE!
            We've discussed this here to death, but it doesn't hurt to bring it back up...

In Season 1, we saw many things that attracted these two together....just a couple of pages back we posted pics from Rising...

These are my own caps..so just credit if you use them..but I found something interesting...

This was Teyla's first impression of the strangers...now notice how she never takes her eyes of John....

Now, this is John's first impression of Teyla....

Now, Teyla's response...

The magic Charm....

YUP! She liked it!

Sorry, I posted these more to show what I had missed or forgotten when I first saw Rising....That first encounter is so important and just shows how completely impressed he was with her and vice versa....

But, all in all...I disagree that any type of relationship will hinder their team work...on the contrary..both of them are so lonely and so lost in themselves and for others that they both need some serious loving and only with each other....again, my opinion!

If anything, there is strength and companionship in differences....yet, I think they have more in common than you think....they are both fighter, warriors; they are both passionate about other people and both are willing to risk it all for others and put their lives on hold and go as far as risking their own lives to save others...They are caring, compassionate and they understand each other on a level that would make this relationship last forever....beyond the physical attraction, they are building a strong foundation that if they ever get together, even during conflict, they will make it through...and that is what I love about them.....they aren't rushing anything...they are developing what many relationships lack but that when it does happen, it just SHINES!

Again, in season 1 there was the friendship, the attraction, the chemistry, the connection and bond..not to mention the ongoing flirting...

Season 2 had less of John and Teyla flirting, but certainly more profound level of commitment and certainly an eye opener for both that this can be more than just mutual respect and friendship...dare I say, "he cares for you more than you know"....

Dare I say, Conversion....
            Dare I say, Inferno, Allies...Michael....Coup'Detat, The Tower, The Long Goodbye...etc....

Clear proof that John watches over Teyla constantly..her opinions matter to him and influence his actions more than he even realizes...and Teyla...she is recognizing that her feelings for him are more than what she even wants to admit!

and for me...to wait and see how this will unfold and progress is exciting and totally Wonderful!

Okay...you have your opinion and I have mine..we have a saying here...we agree to disagree..but thanks for the posting...please stop by again.....as long as your words are respectful to us and to the characters and actors...we don't mind conversing!
            So many reasons why I love these two!

Calendar of Events...update!

Where is Annie..I need her to post the pics for today...I have a party that I'm going to...and i won't be around...I don't think...

Go and CREATE guys....

Woooo hOOOOOO

Oh, DM..love the challenge..I've been so busy this week...bad day yesterday too....that I just haven't been able to do anything....

GREAT WORK GUYS!

Pretty, I got you PM"s..you are AWESOME BABE! haven't been able to do anything, yet...but I will and I will let you know....THANKS!
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I was waiting on another one, something to do with a hitman sans stars...

oh you can't be referring to me.... ...Didn't i send you the link?....oye!...I could have sworn I sent the link to the non starry one....forgive me!....

*runs off to get Trippy's siggy*....

Oh!...sheppard and Teyla..gotta love their interaction in 38-mins....*just to be legal*..

R.I.P Wraithlord
              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                Today's ep is 38 Minutes, right?

Here's a challenge for you:

While comforting John in the Jumper, what was Teyla thinking? What did she whisper to John while no one else was close?

Doxy
                I didn't even see that she whispered something in his ear! GOT TO SEE IT AGAIN! Maybe do some caps...but I would imagine and I agree with Trippy, she wouldn't go and confess anything....too early...I think it would be a prayer! She was doing a silent prayer and doing it just for him....

What was she thinking...My guess would be that she was extremely worried about him...that she was probably thinking what more could she do for him...and maybe even thinking that things for her and her people would certainly change in Atlantis since she knew that John is the only one that trusts her at this time! but, I think really she was more concerned for John than thinking anything else and even less of herself....it was all about getting him the help that he needed....
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you for your welcome, Witchbladeoo7... I guess that a friendship between Sheppard and Teyla is a ship of sort- sometimes friendship is truly undervalued lost in favour of a physical relationship -sometimes really good friends can be closer than life partners, know each even better than lovers. I wonder if Sheppard and Teyla being as one wouls destroy what they are?
                  We are angels of death in black leather
                  Your demons without wings, we glide
                  We are angels in black with a hunger
                  Not your sheep to change or guide.
                  We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                    oh you can't be referring to me.... ...Didn't i send you the link?....oye!...I could have sworn I sent the link to the non starry one....forgive me!....

*runs off to get Trippy's siggy*....

Oh!...sheppard and Teyla..gotta love their interaction in 38-mins....*just to be legal*..
                    Well, now, this is me you're talking to, so you may well have and I just didn't save it (recalls 'nutter' sig incident). No worries!

'38 Minutes':

I don't have any really good caps of this one.
                    Sig by Camy

Comment

Thank you for your welcome, Witchbladeoo7... I guess that a friendship between Sheppard and Teyla is a ship of sort- sometimes friendship is truly undervalued lost in favour of a physical relationship -sometimes really good friends can be closer than life partners, know each even better than lovers. I wonder if Sheppard and Teyla being as one wouls destroy what they are?
                      I don't feel, if it's done correctly that a relationship between Shep and Teyla would hinder either the team or what they are to each other.

It is true that some times a friend can be more to a person than life partners...and then there's the possibility that what starts as friendship, can transform into the ideal relationship for life partners/lovers.

So the current standing of Shep and Teyla show their friendship, with much room for transformation.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

You'll understand if most of us here disagree with only wanting these two as friends. We believe that their current strong friendship will develop into an even better love relationship. And that not only will it NOT destroy their friendship- it will make it stronger. It is a myth that a close romantic relationship will destroy a friendship. I've been married for 19 years and my husband has always been and still is my best friend.

If you're looking for a place to discuss why you don't see John and Teyla in a romantic relationship- you're in the wrong thread. The ship threads on this board are for those who SUPPORT a romantic relationship between two characters not just a friendship.

If you are truely looking to understand why we love J/T as a couple, then by all means stick around, but please don't pose your arguments against it here.

Comment

Well, now, this is me you're talking to, so you may well have and I just didn't save it (recalls 'nutter' sig incident). No worries!

'38 Minutes':
                          http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rip/104_16.jpg

I don't have any really good caps of this one.
                          yes the 'nutter' incident, was very....um...nuttery.... ....

But i love this pic...I don't think i've ever done any sigs or icons, for this episode before..I could be wrong, but I love the expressions on Shep and Teyla's face in this cap...it's almost identical...that PO'd...a 'would you shut up' look, while Ford looks kind of shocked....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by bella
                            Moral of this story: Always doublecheck your spellings!
                            Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of my world domination by sigs plan.

Witchy You need to head over to the Shepmagans OT thread and share you artworking talent.
                            *SQUEE!* Thank you bella! I'll be adding this one today! And by all means- plaster the world with your beautiful graphics!

Comment

First scene: Can you just "hear" and sense Teyla's frustration and concern for John?
                              Clearly, even from the very beginning, the bond and connection was strong and very much there...more coming up!

Challenge: Take some of these quotes and WOW ME!
                              SHEPPARD: Get this damned thing off me!

TEYLA: We can't.

(Sheppard looks at McKay.)

SHEPPARD: Cut it off.

(McKay turns and calls to the front of the ship.)

McKAY: As soon as we establish a connection, radio back that we've got a medical emergency.

TEYLA (to McKay): There must be something we can do for him.

McKAY: There's an emergency first aid kit behind the pilot's seat. Get it.

(Teyla runs to get the kit.)

McKAY: Major, everything we've been trying to remove it just makes the pain worse. Now try to be still.

(Sheppard nods. Teyla, having retrieved the kit, walks to the front of the ship.)

TEYLA: Is there no way to go faster?

STACKHOUSE: He's just trying to get us back in one piece.

(Teyla exchanges a glance with Ford, then hurries back to Sheppard and McKay. From an outside perspective, the Jumper lines up with the open Stargate and heads towards it. Its engine pods retract ready for entry into the Gate but, unknown to the people inside, they do not retract all the way. Inside, Ford activates his radio.)
                              sigpic

Comment

^^^I enjoyed that first scene...Teyla's frustration at Stackhouse not being able to get a move on was very evident. And her worry that if there's anything else they could do for him, it show throughout the show. I believe later one she asks the same thing, and Mckay goes on to say he doesn't believe aspirin would work?....or sometype of painkiller....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Working...
                                X